• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the born again Christian, has made the choice not to end up in hell, the lake of fire, the 2nd death, as "outer darkness".
Faithful Christians don't need the LOF because they are already following Christ. The purpose of the LOF is to save the lost, not torture them forever.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Faithful Christians don't need the LOF

This.

Jesus said. "" YOU must be born again"..

And water can't do that for you.
And commandment keeping can't do that for you.
And trying to be a good little Christ clone can't do that for you.

Being "BORN AGAIN"......Is God caused, and is very specific to The Cross of Christ and Redemption through the Blood of Jesus.

Reactions: Patrick1966

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Not God's?

God's will is for all to believe...

1 Timothy 2:4

But YOU decide if you will believe and if you will take Jesus by Faith.....

Then this..

Jesus said...."All that believe in me, i give unto them, ETERNAL LIFE, and they shall never go to Hell (perish)."

Now..
see that "eternal life"?

That is what God gives you so that you are no longer facing 2nd Death after you die, and you go to Heaven instead.

See.........."In Adam we all DIE.......and in Christ we are all made alive"..

1 Corinthians 15:22

This means that the believer, is BORN AGAIN, and has "passed from DEATH, to Life"......

1 John 3:14

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your questions imply that you have never read the Bible. The rich man died but was very much alive in the fire.

Luke 16:19-26 (NKJV)
19 "There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day.
20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate,
21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried.
23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' 25 But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.'
Are you aware that is a parable Jack, it is not literal. Would you like to know the meaning of the parable sir?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about Jonah?
Very good point Patrick, on the surface it definitely looks like you are correct. Lets dig into it more deeply. Look at this Pat: (Jonah 1:9) 9 He replied: “I am a Hebrew, and I fear Jehovah the God of the heavens, the One who made the sea and the dry land.”

He had already made his dedication, claiming Jehovah as his God. That meant he accepted the law sir. So when we make our dedication to God, we have agreed to take the assignments. It is rather obvious that Jonah was an exemplary witness for God, or he wouldn't have been chosen for that assignment. The account is somewhat vague, but if Jonah desired not to accept the assignment that strongly, he should have made it known rather than getting on a boat and going the other way. I will admit things are much different today, we are still given assignments, but are not forced to accept them.

I definitely understand why you feel Jonah was forced, but most of his trouble came from his lack of obedience. Notice the great outcome when he actually chose to obey Jehovah and complete the assignment. Do you not think it would have been much better for everyone if he would have just accepted his assignment and did it? Keep in mind he was under law, and we are no longer under the law covenant. Under that covenant, when you chose to be one of God's people, or were born into it, you were expected to live it.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir, I have heard that before, you are not alone in that belief. Of course if that was the case, much of the Bible would be fictitious.

Look at all of the various races of people around the world. I think God seeded the world with different races of people.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dont be concerned with "teaching"
Be concerned with Truth.
And if you will concern yourself with that, you'll be able to get out of your church's religion.
I choose the scripturally identified faith sir, and recommend the same to others as well. But one has to choose to serve Jehovah, it is not automatic.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at all of the various races of people around the world. I think God seeded the world with different races of people.
That could account for it, but I don't believe there is such a thing as race sir. Racial classification is man created about people who come from areas. Human appearances change through adaptation to surroundings. Race can not be determined by dna evaluation.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I choose the scripturally identified faith sir, and recommend the same to others as well. But one has to choose to serve Jehovah, it is not automatic.

"serving Jehovah" wont get you into heaven.

'"You must be born again" on earth, to go to heaven.

These are not the same thing.