The answer of hell and its origins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The origins of Hell (fanciful meaning) is yet to be defined in this OP.

In terms of the origin of the grave well the origin story is clearly defined for all to know and understanding here Genesis 3:19

Imagine the response of the Christian when they are informed it was the figurative language for the grave they stumbled over - misunderstanding what happens upon death which caught them out!

When Ecclesiastes 3:19-20 is fully understood only then will hell, hades, gehenna etc be known.

What are the consequences for misinterpreting this subject?

1. Disappointment in no existence after death
2. Waking to realise your hope was wrong
3. Waking to realise you misunderstood the true enemy
4. Waking to realise your faith was built on man made teachings
5. Waking to realise you were shown truth and you denied it

F2F

You so funny!
Don't bother quoting the Old Testament about Hell.....No Hell, no Devil, or promise of Heaven in the Old Testament.
That is why scholars call Judaism a "this world religion" God blessed them in this world and God punished them in this world.'
The Jews believe if they do bad it is of their own accord....nothing to with the temptation of the devil.
And they still believe this to this day.

Satan and Hell become an issue for mankind in the New Testament.....The problem that the writers of the New Testament had was that it was mostly wrote in Greek.....a Pagan language that did not have Christian terms or morals, so they had to improvise.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You so funny!
Don't bother quoting the Old Testament about Hell.....No Hell, no Devil, or promise of Heaven in the Old Testament.
That is why scholars call Judaism a "this world religion" God blessed them in this world and God punished them in this world.'
The Jews believe if they do bad it is of their own accord....nothing to with the temptation of the devil.
And they still believe this to this day.

Satan and Hell become an issue for mankind in the New Testament.....The problem that the writers of the New Testament had was that it was mostly wrote in Greek.....a Pagan language that did not have Christian terms or morals, so they had to improvise.
NT believer only...didn't think they still existed.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How you come up with that I have no idea. Because I know something about the Old Testament....that means I am New Testament only?
You can't discuss a subject with someone if they only have half a testament.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe we go to the grave upon death, either permanently, or as the Apostles teach, a sleep awaiting the resurrection.

I believe those who are in Christ will immediately go to the kingdom of Heaven. There they will await the resurrection while everyone else remains in the grave, destined to NEVER enter the kingdom of Heaven. Why do I believe this? Here it is:
Matthew 18:1-4 esv
At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 2 And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them 3 and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Define Hell!

Hell, is The beginning of the eternal life, regarding a Christ rejector who just died today, never born again.

Hell, is interesting in this regard.....
= The unbelievers are already damned and waiting to go, yet, they dont realize it.
John 3:36 explains why they are already on the way, already DAMNED.....and all they have to do is die and in they go.

And an unbeliever says.....>"I dont believe in Hell".
Yet Jesus taught more about Hell then He taught about Heaven.
So, to go there to find out its real, is beyond foolish, and once there, you dont have a 2nd chance to believe in Jesus, yet, you'll believe in Him then, = as being in Hell will prove to you that He was not a myth.

Why do people go to hell?

A.) They chose to go.

How?

By refusing to go to heaven.

How?

But rejecting the only way to go to Heaven, and dying.

What is the Way they REJECTED?

John 14:6.... JESUS IS THE = Way. "No person comes to the Father, but by ME".

= THE CROSS

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell, is The beginning of the eternal life, regarding a Christ rejector who just died today, never born again.

Hell, is interesting in this regard.....
= The unbelievers are already damned and waiting to go, yet, they dont realize it.
John 3:36 explains why they are already on the way, already DAMNED.....and all they have to do is die and in they go.

And an unbeliever says.....>"I dont believe in Hell".
Yet Jesus taught more about Hell then He taught about Heaven.
So, to go there to find out its real, is beyond foolish, and once there, you dont have a 2nd chance to believe in Jesus, yet, you'll believe in Him then, = as being in Hell will prove to you that He was not a myth.

Why do people go to hell?

A.) They chose to go.

How?

By refusing to go to heaven.

How?

But rejecting the only way to go to Heaven, and dying.

What is the Way they REJECTED?

John 14:6.... JESUS IS THE = Way. "No person comes to the Father, but by ME".

= THE CROSS
Well I believe Hell is just an English word that replaced the Greek word Hades. Hades was a Greek word that replaced the Hebrew word Sheol and Sheol is the place where all the dead went and slept in death waiting a resurrection. So when it comes to the Hebrew word Sheol the Greek word Hades and the English word Hell they all mean the same thing. It's where the dead go and sleep in death waiting for a resurrection.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Jesus clearly said, "they will be tormented day and night FOREVER and EVER.
Too many people see the word torment and they immediately think God is this person who tortures people.
I know many people agree with what some commentators have said when they pointed to Biblical instances of the word “torment” to support the teaching of eternal suffering in fire. However, there is Scriptural reason to believe that Revelation 20:10 does not have that sense. In fact, verse 14 shows that “the lake of fire” in which the torment occurs, actually means “the second death.” And though Jesus spoke of a certain rich man as “existing in torments” at Luke 16:23, 28 shows, Jesus was not describing the literal experience of a real person but, rather, was setting forth an illustration. Revelation provides a number of other instances where “torment” clearly has an illustrative or symbolic sense, as is evident from context. (Revelation 9:5; 11:10; 18:7, 10)

Reactions: Patrick1966

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I believe Hell is just an English word that replaced the Greek word Hades. Hades was a Greek word that replaced the Hebrew word Sheol and Sheol is the place where all the dead went and slept in death waiting a resurrection. So when it comes to the Hebrew word Sheol the Greek word Hades and the English word Hell they all mean the same thing. It's where the dead go and sleep in death waiting for a resurrection.
Then why is there much weeping and gnashing of teeth?

• Love

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why is there much weeping and gnashing of teeth?
Because God is drawing them to him through the crucible (Lake of Fire) and they don't want to go and so they go kicking and screaming, so to speak. God does it for their own good so that they can be cleansed, purified, and restored to perfection as they we were all intended to be.

Revelation 21:5
English Standard Version
5 And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”​