The answer of hell and its origins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't agree with your Trinity Doctrine, and neither have I found a Trinity Doctrine, in the scriptures.
Matthew 28
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Guess Who's Name they baptized in. JESUS! God of the Bible.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 28
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Guess Who's Name they baptized in. JESUS! God of the Bible.
If you honestly think this is a Trinity Doctrine then you're very ignorant about what a Doctrine is

• Haha
Reactions: The Learner

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NAME is singular Barney. Now you know. Father, Son and Holy Spirit are one God.

Scholars have discovered that in secular writings the expression “in the name of,” or “into the name of” (kingdom Interlinear), is used with reference to payments “to the account of any one.” Theology professor Dr. G. Adolf Deissmann believed that in view of the evidence from the papyri, “the idea underlying , the expressions to baptize into the name of the Lord, or to believe into the name of the Son of God, is that baptism or faith constitutes the belonging to God or to the Son of God.”

Interestingly, a similar expression was used by the Jews of Jesus’ day, as explained in the Theological Dictionary of the New Testament: “The circumcision of a proselyte is done, ‘in the name of the proselyte,’ to receive him into Judaism. This circumcision takes place ‘in the name of the covenant,’ to receive him into the covenant.” A relationship is thereby established and the non-Jew becomes a proselyte under the covenant’s authority.

So for the Christian, baptism following dedication establishes an intimate relationship with YHWH God, his Son Jesus Christ, and the holy spirit. The convert recognizes their respective authority in his new way of life. Consider how this is true for each of the three named.

By recognizing YHWH God’s authority, we draw close to him and enter into a relationship with him. (Hebrews 12:9; James 4:7, 8) We become God’s property as his slaves, bought with the price of YHWH God's only begotten Son Jesus Christ’s who is the ransom sacrifice. (1 Corinthians 3:23; 6:20) The apostle Paul also told first-century Christians that they belonged to Jesus Christ, not to any men who might have taken the truth to them. (1 Corinthians 1:12, 13; 7:23; compare Matthew 16:24.) Baptism in the name of the Son implies recognizing this fact, accepting Jesus as “the way and the truth and the life.”(John 14:6)

The holy spirit is also essential to our right relationship with YHWH God and Jesus Christ. Baptism in the name of the holy spirit shows that we recognize the role of the spirit in YHWH God’s dealings with us. We intend to follow its guidance, not disregarding it or acting contrary to it, blocking its working through us. (Ephesians 4:30; 1 Thessalonians 5:19) The spirit’s impersonal nature creates no difficulty as to usage or meaning, any more than the usage “in the name of the covenant” did in Judaism.

At the time of dedication and baptism, therefore, we need to reflect prayerfully on what is involved in our new relationship. It requires submission to the will of YHWH God, the Father of Jesus Christ and demonstrate in the example and the ransom provision of Jesus Christ, to be carried out through holy spirit as it directs all of God’s servants in love and unity worldwide.

Matthew10:41,42 says, "He that receiveth a prophet "in the name of" a prophet shall receive a prophet’s reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man "in the name of" a righteous man shall receive a righteous man’s reward.
And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only "in the name of" a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward."
Here at Matthew 10:41,42 it is shown that the phrase, "in the name of" is talking about, "in recognition of."

The point is this scripture at Matthew 28:19, 20 isn't speaking of any Trinity Doctrine.

The simple fact is that in scripture it doesn't say that those who deny the Trinity Doctrine, meaning three persons in a godhead is the anti-christ. The scriptures show it's those who deny the Father and Son that is who the anti-christ is. 1 John 2:22. Those who deny that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God YHWH and who deny that Jesus Christ is the one anointed by YHWH God are the ones who belong to the anticrist. Messiah or Christ mean, anointed or anointed one.

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scholars have discovered that in secular writings the expression “in the name of,” or “into the name of” (kingdom Interlinear), is used with reference to payments “to the account of any one.” Theology professor Dr. G. Adolf Deissmann believed that in view of the evidence from the papyri, “the idea underlying , the expressions to baptize into the name of the Lord, or to believe into the name of the Son of God, is that baptism or faith constitutes the belonging to God or to the Son of God.”

Interestingly, a similar expression was used by the Jews of Jesus’ day, as explained in the Theological Dictionary of the New Testament: “The circumcision of a proselyte is done, ‘in the name of the proselyte,’ to receive him into Judaism. This circumcision takes place ‘in the name of the covenant,’ to receive him into the covenant.” A relationship is thereby established and the non-Jew becomes a proselyte under the covenant’s authority.

So for the Christian, baptism following dedication establishes an intimate relationship with YHWH God, his Son Jesus Christ, and the holy spirit. The convert recognizes their respective authority in his new way of life. Consider how this is true for each of the three named.

By recognizing YHWH God’s authority, we draw close to him and enter into a relationship with him. (Hebrews 12:9; James 4:7, 8) We become God’s property as his slaves, bought with the price of YHWH God's only begotten Son Jesus Christ’s who is the ransom sacrifice. (1 Corinthians 3:23; 6:20) The apostle Paul also told first-century Christians that they belonged to Jesus Christ, not to any men who might have taken the truth to them. (1 Corinthians 1:12, 13; 7:23; compare Matthew 16:24.) Baptism in the name of the Son implies recognizing this fact, accepting Jesus as “the way and the truth and the life.”(John 14:6)

The holy spirit is also essential to our right relationship with YHWH God and Jesus Christ. Baptism in the name of the holy spirit shows that we recognize the role of the spirit in YHWH God’s dealings with us. We intend to follow its guidance, not disregarding it or acting contrary to it, blocking its working through us. (Ephesians 4:30; 1 Thessalonians 5:19) The spirit’s impersonal nature creates no difficulty as to usage or meaning, any more than the usage “in the name of the covenant” did in Judaism.

At the time of dedication and baptism, therefore, we need to reflect prayerfully on what is involved in our new relationship. It requires submission to the will of YHWH God, the Father of Jesus Christ and demonstrate in the example and the ransom provision of Jesus Christ, to be carried out through holy spirit as it directs all of God’s servants in love and unity worldwide.

Matthew10:41,42 says, "He that receiveth a prophet "in the name of" a prophet shall receive a prophet’s reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man "in the name of" a righteous man shall receive a righteous man’s reward.
And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only "in the name of" a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward."
Here at Matthew 10:41,42 it is shown that the phrase, "in the name of" is talking about, "in recognition of."

The point is this scripture at Matthew 28:19, 20 isn't speaking of any Trinity Doctrine.

The simple fact is that in scripture it doesn't say that those who deny the Trinity Doctrine, meaning three persons in a godhead is the anti-christ. The scriptures show it's those who deny the Father and Son that is who the anti-christ is. 1 John 2:22. Those who deny that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God YHWH and who deny that Jesus Christ is the one anointed by YHWH God are the ones who belong to the anticrist. Messiah or Christ mean, anointed or anointed one.
By "scholars" you mean Kingdom Hall.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By "scholars" you mean Kingdom Hall.
There are other scholars out in the world. The scholar that I quoted in post # 1425 is a trinitarian, he has nothing to do with JW or the watchtower. He's just a scholar and has stated the things he's learned as any of the other scholars. You like anyone else can agree with him or not. But you can't blame the JW's for the things the scholar has learned as a scholar. He didn't learn the things he learned to impress you or JW's.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are other scholars out in the world. The scholar that I quoted in post # 1425 is a trinitarian, he has nothing to do with JW or the watchtower. He's just a scholar and has stated the things he's learned as any of the other scholars. You like anyone else can agree with him or not. But you can't blame the JW's for the things the scholar has learned as a scholar. He didn't learn the things he learned to impress you or JW's.
I really don't think you're qualified to rewrite our Bible. Even your JW Bible says you're wrong.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really don't think you're qualified to rewrite our Bible. Even your JW Bible says you're wrong.
I really don't believe you qualify to talk about what any Bible says. You don't even agree with the scriptures. I understand that you honestly think you do, but you don't.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really don't believe you qualify to talk about what any Bible says. You don't even agree with the scriptures. I understand that you honestly think you do, but you don't.
Did Kingdom Hall tell you to say that? Your own NWT says you're wrong. I've cited several perfectly clear Scriptures. I can do it again if you want me to.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Kingdom Hall tell you to say that? Your own NWT says you're wrong. I've cited several perfectly clear Scriptures. I can do it again if you want me to.
Anyone can quote scripture simply by taking the Bible looking up the scripture and quoted it, that doesn't necessarily mean they understand what that scripture means they've quoted.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone can quote scripture simply by taking the Bible looking up the scripture and quoted it, that doesn't necessarily mean they understand what that scripture means they've quoted.
But that doesn't explain why you avoid the Scriptures like plague. Hell will be filled with people who don't believe in Hell. KH has deceived you! Your own NWT says you're wrong.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that doesn't explain why you avoid the Scriptures like plague. Hell will be filled with people who don't believe in Hell. KH has deceived you! Your own NWT says you're wrong.
I believe you and those who believe in the scriptures as you do to be denying the scriptures Jack. The scriptures teach us, therefore the true God is teaching us that in his word human beings don't have souls instead the true God is teaching us that human beings are souls just as animals are Souls. I believe it's you who is avoiding the truth that's in the scriptures as though you're avoiding the plague Jack. I believe it's you and those who agree with you that are like those of false religion who believed that death is just a doorway to another plain of existence, and that at death a person doesn't really die but continues living on in another plain of existence. You can argue all you want that you don't believe as those who believed in false gods, but just as those who worshipped false gods didn't believe in death but instead they believed that death was just a doorway to another plain of existence, so do you and those who agree with you.
The Scriptures clearly teach us that human beings are souls not that they have souls.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you and those who believe in the scriptures as you do to be denying the scriptures Jack. The scriptures teach us, therefore the true God is teaching us that in his word human beings don't have souls instead the true God is teaching us that human beings are souls just as animals are Souls. I believe it's you who is avoiding the truth that's in the scriptures as though you're avoiding the plague Jack. I believe it's you and those who agree with you that are like those of false religion who believed that death is just a doorway to another plain of existence, and that at death a person doesn't really die but continues living on in another plain of existence. You can argue all you want that you don't believe as those who believed in false gods, but just as those who worshipped false gods didn't believe in death but instead they believed that death was just a doorway to another plain of existence, so do you and those who agree with you.
The Scriptures clearly teach us that human beings are souls not that they have souls.
NWT says you're totally wrong!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Basic Kingdom Hall doctrine: The Bible is wrong!
Yeah I understand that you don't like someone disagreeing with you. Because you don't care with what actually is inspired by God and written down in the scriptures. You and others I've crossed paths with who believe as you do, want to interpret a scripture say like Philippians 2:6 for example to mean something completely opposite of what's actually written down. You don't want people to go by what is actually written down because what God actually inspired Paul to write down in Philippians 2:6 is in disagreement with your interpretation of that scripture. Jack wants everyone to blindly follow him, not agree or follow God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So for the Christian, baptism following dedication establishes an intimate relationship with YHWH God, his Son Jesus Christ, and the holy spirit.

God had to established the NEW Covenant before anyone became a part of it.
The New Covenant is not established by the city water supply, nor is it accessed by the city water supply.

The New Covenant is created by the BLOOD and DEATH of Jesus, 2000 yrs ago on the CROSS......not by water, or by works, or by joining any church.

Its God's Covenant, established by the Cross of Christ, and its offered as a Gift.

"The Gift of Salvation".......that God gives when you do this..

JESUS said...>"all that BELIEVE IN ME......i give unto you Eternal Life, and you shall never go to Hell, (perish).".

Jesus said..."you Must be Born again" and that not by water by "by my SPIRIT sayeth the Lord"

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I understand that you don't like someone disagreeing with you. Because you don't care with what actually is inspired by God and written down in the scriptures. You and others I've crossed paths with who believe as you do, want to interpret a scripture say like Philippians 2:6 for example to mean something completely opposite of what's actually written down. You don't want people to go by what is actually written down because what God actually inspired Paul to write down in Philippians 2:6 is in disagreement with your interpretation of that scripture. Jack wants everyone to blindly follow him, not agree or follow God.
I don't like Kingdom Hall attacking nearly every verse in the Bible, just like Satan.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We attack no Scripture. We disagree with people who interpret Scripture incorrectly
JW's constantly attack our Bible. I constantly defend our Bible. Every Bible I know of says Kingdom Hall is wrong. Even their own NWT! I've been dealing with JW's for years. They twist nearly every verse in the Bible with lots of smokescreens to avoid the literal Christian Bible.