The answer of hell and its origins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JW's constantly attack our Bible. I constantly defend our Bible. Every Bible I know of says Kingdom Hall is wrong. Even their own NWT! I've been dealing with JW's for years. They twist nearly every verse in the Bible with lots of smokescreens to avoid the literal Christian Bible.
JW don't use only the NWT in their study of the scriptures. People have a right to their opinion of a Bible, but that doesn't mean I'm going to agree with their opinion. But what I see is that people don't even believe their own version of the Bible. I see that what's written down in scripture is different from people's interpretation of a Scripture. Don't get me wrong people have a right to their interpretation of a scripture, but that doesn't mean that interpretation they have of a particular scripture is doing that scripture any justice. I've seen myself that people will interpret a scripture to mean the exact opposite of what's written down. So I really don't put much thought into what a person has to say about the NWT. But like I said everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As we have seen here, JW's avoid answering questions like plague.

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not anyone's problem if you don't like the answers given
I don't think Kingdom Hall will allow JW's to answer direct questions about Hell. They often answer with a smokescreen, trying to change the subject.

Matthew 5
Whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of Hell fire.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think Kingdom Hall will allow JW's to answer direct questions about Hell. They often answer with a smokescreen, trying to change the subject.

Matthew 5
Whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of Hell fire.
You can believe whatever you want. You don't believe your own Bible anyway.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have made yourself a victim by living your life by your interpretation of scripture instead of what God inspired men to write down.
I didn't interpret the Scripture. I quoted it. More Kingdom Hall smokescreen! Want more? There's plenty. And YOUR NWT says the same. Don't you get tired of making false accusations? Evidently not.

Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into everlasting life."

Same Greek word, "everlasting".

Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Last edited:

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you honestly think this is a Trinity Doctrine then you're very ignorant about what a Doctrine is
Well known Greek Scholar A.T. Robertson wrote, "
Baptism in (\eis\, not _into_) the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit,
in the name of the Trinity. Objection is raised to this language
in the mouth of Jesus as too theological and as not a genuine
part of the Gospel of Matthew for the same reason. See Mt
11:27, where Jesus speaks of the Father and the Son as here. But
it is all to no purpose. There is a chapter devoted to this
subject in my _The Christ of the Logia_ in which the genuineness
of these words is proven.""

Didache 7:1 Concerning baptism, you should baptize this way: After first explaining all things, baptize in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, in flowing water. –
Frank Luke
Jul 23, 2014 at 20:17
ON BAPTISM For there has been imposed a law of baptizing, and its form prescribed: Go, [Jesus] says, teach the nations, baptizing them in the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost. Tertullian wrote that quote before his death c. 225. That's a century before Nicea. –
Frank Luke
Jul 23, 2014 at 20:22

Chapter 3: DIAGRAMMING THE SENTENCE​

"
The baptizing is INTO the name, specifically the single name jointly owned by both the Father, and the Son and also the Holy Spirit.

Baptism is into ONE name, not into THREE persons. However, those three persons do in fact share ownership of that ONE name, and baptism into one of them (i.e., Jesus) is the equivalent of baptism into the name jointly shared by all three of them."

MATTHEW 28:19​

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
πορευθεντες
traveling
participle
aor-pDe-par
nom-pl-mas
μαθητευσατε
you make students
verb
aor-act-imp
2nd-p pl
παντα
all
adjective
acc-pl-neu
τα
the
def art
acc-pl-neu
εθνη
nations
noun
acc-pl-neu
βαπτιζοντες
immersing
participle
pres-act-par
nom-pl-mas
αυτους
them
3rd-p pers pron
acc-pl-mas
εις
in(to)/un(to)
preposition
το
the
def art
acc-si-neu
ονομα
name
noun
acc-si-neu
του
of the
def art
gen-si-mas
πατρος
of father
noun
gen-si-mas
και
and
conjunction
του
of the
def art
gen-si-mas
υιου
of son
noun
gen-si-mas
και
and
conjunction
του
of the
def art
gen-si-neu
αγιου
of holy
adjective
gen-si-neu
πνευματος
of spirit
noun
gen-si-neu

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Baptism is into ONE name, not into THREE persons. However, those three persons do in fact share ownership of that ONE name, and baptism into one of them (i.e., Jesus) is the equivalent of baptism into the name jointly shared by all three of them."

Jesus' name was given to him, right? Phil 2:9 i.e it's not a name he previously owned or had!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NAME is singular Barney. Now you know. Father, Son and Holy Spirit are one God.
No what I know is people will ignore scripture such as Matthew 28
Well known Greek Scholar A.T. Robertson wrote, "
Baptism in (\eis\, not _into_) the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit,
in the name of the Trinity. Objection is raised to this language
in the mouth of Jesus as too theological and as not a genuine
part of the Gospel of Matthew for the same reason. See Mt
11:27, where Jesus speaks of the Father and the Son as here. But
it is all to no purpose. There is a chapter devoted to this
subject in my _The Christ of the Logia_ in which the genuineness
of these words is proven.""

Didache 7:1 Concerning baptism, you should baptize this way: After first explaining all things, baptize in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, in flowing water. –
Frank Luke
Jul 23, 2014 at 20:17
ON BAPTISM For there has been imposed a law of baptizing, and its form prescribed: Go, [Jesus] says, teach the nations, baptizing them in the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost. Tertullian wrote that quote before his death c. 225. That's a century before Nicea. –
Frank Luke
Jul 23, 2014 at 20:22

Chapter 3: DIAGRAMMING THE SENTENCE​

"
The baptizing is INTO the name, specifically the single name jointly owned by both the Father, and the Son and also the Holy Spirit.

MATTHEW 28:19​

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
πορευθεντες
traveling
participle
aor-pDe-par
nom-pl-mas
μαθητευσατε
you make students
verb
aor-act-imp
2nd-p pl
παντα
all
adjective
acc-pl-neu
τα
the
def art
acc-pl-neu
εθνη
nations
noun
acc-pl-neu
βαπτιζοντες
immersing
participle
pres-act-par
nom-pl-mas
αυτους
them
3rd-p pers pron
acc-pl-mas
εις
in(to)/un(to)
preposition
το
the
def art
acc-si-neu
ονομα
name
noun
acc-si-neu
του
of the
def art
gen-si-mas
πατρος
of father
noun
gen-si-mas
και
and
conjunction
του
of the
def art
gen-si-mas
υιου
of son
noun
gen-si-mas
και
and
conjunction
του
of the
def art
gen-si-neu
αγιου
of holy
adjective
gen-si-neu
πνευματος
of spirit
noun
gen-si-neu

At Matthew 28:18 Jesus says, "All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth." Here's the thing though this scripture is teaching me that someone gave Jesus his authority, but no-one has given the true God his authority, because God has always had all authority. The fact the the scriptures show that Jesus was given all authority in heaven and on earth doesn't make him God or equal to God, because the true God has always had all authority in heaven and on earth, and Matthew 28:18 makes it clear that Jesus was given his authority. So someone higher than Jesus gave him his authority. The scriptures show us at 1 Corinthians 15: 24-28 that It was God who subjected all things to Jesus Christ. So the person who gave Jesus his authority is the true God. Although God subjected all things to Jesus the true God isn't subject to Jesus but Jesus is subject to the true God. So Matthew 28:19, 20 isn't a Trinity Doctrine and Matthew 28:19, 20 doesn't teach that Jesus is God.

Reactions: face2face

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

At Matthew 28:18 Jesus says, "All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth." Here's the thing though this scripture is teaching me that someone gave Jesus his authority, but no-one has given the true God his authority, because God has always had all authority. The fact the the scriptures show that Jesus was given all authority in heaven and on earth doesn't make him God or equal to God, because the true God has always had all authority in heaven and on earth, and Matthew 28:18 makes it clear that Jesus was given his authority. So someone higher than Jesus gave him his authority. The scriptures show us at 1 Corinthians 15: 24-28 that It was God who subjected all things to Jesus Christ. So the person who gave Jesus his authority is the true God. Although God subjected all things to Jesus the true God isn't subject to Jesus but Jesus is subject to the true God. So Matthew 28:19, 20 isn't a Trinity Doctrine and Matthew 28:19, 20 doesn't teach that Jesus is God.
With Jack, you are best to put him in the corner sitting on a rubbish bin until he is asked to come out i.e put on ignore.

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your own NWT says Jesus is God.

John 20 Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God".

Reactions: The Learner

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As a human the Father gave him de jure authority. However, he had the authority before creation, which we know from his roles in creation. "

Who Christ is, and what he has done​

15-20 Now Christ is the visible expression of the invisible God. He existed before creation began, for it was through him that every thing was made, whether spiritual or material, seen or unseen. Through him, and for him, also, were created power and dominion, ownership and authority. In fact, every single thing was created through, and for him. He is both the first principle and the upholding principle of the whole scheme of creation. And now he is the head of the body which is composed of all Christian people. Life from nothing began through him, and life from the dead began through him, and he is, therefore, justly called the Lord of all. It was in him that the full nature of God chose to live, and through him God planned to reconcile in his own person, as it were, everything on earth and everything in Heaven by virtue of the sacrifice of the cross."

John 6:35-40
Then Jesus said to them, “I myself am the bread of life.
John 11:25-26
“I myself am the resurrection and the life,” Jesus told her.
John 15:1-8
Jesus teaches union with himself
“I am the real vine, my Father is the vine-dresser. He removes any of my branches which are not bearing fruit and he prunes every branch that does bear fruit to increase its yield. Now, you have already been pruned by my words. You must go on growing in me and I will grow in you. For just as the branch cannot bear any fruit unless it shares the life of the vine, so you can produce nothing unless you go on growing in me. I am the vine itself, you are the branches. It is the man who shares my life and whose life I share who proves fruitful. For the plain fact is that apart from me you can do nothing at all. The man who does not share my life is like a branch that is broken off and withers away. He becomes just like the dry sticks that men pick up and use for the firewood. But if you live your life in me, and my words live in your hearts, you can ask for whatever you like and it will come true for you. This is how my Father will be glorified—in your becoming fruitful and being my disciples.