"The Antichrist" teaching is a myth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(Follower;60738)
... He didn't repent to God.
What does God's switch board run through you? Are you the judge now? I think not!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Follower;60738)
FYI, the KJV phrase "repented himself" does not mean repented, it means remorse. He didn't repent to God.
Wrong ...if you recall Christ had not yet died for our sins and all of that day either made a sacrafice or repented of themselves in the sight of God it doesnt mean he didnt repent he just could not be forgiven by asking in Jesus name because Jesus was alive.

Follower

Oct 1, 2008
(tomwebster;60747)
What does God's switch board run through you? Are you the judge now? I think not!
No, I'm not Pentecostal. But, I am decent at Reading Comprehension.

WalkingJames

Oct 14, 2008
Peace Brothers and Sisters......So many look for the anti-chirst elsewhere, someone who will come or has come or perhaps a group of people??? So many forums seek to answer these questions and end up in an argument and begin to berate one another. All the while hearts harden and become stubborn and completely unaware that the spirit which goes against what is good has slipped in among them. Then with a divided tongue that which is against Christ or anti-Christ speaks. If you spend all your time looking for the anti-Christ elsewhere you will not be aware when slips off your tongue. Remain in peace, be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peace Brothers and Sisters......So many look for the anti-chirst elsewhere, someone who will come or has come or perhaps a group of people??? So many forums seek to answer these questions and end up in an argument and begin to berate one another.
Jeremiah 31:6
For there shall be a day, that the watchmen upon the mount Ephraim shall cry, Arise ye, and let us go up to Zion unto the LORD our God.
Matthew 24:42-43
Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
Mark 13:34
For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
We're commanded to watch for the return of our Lord preceded by the coming of one that impersonates him. I fully understand the passion; yes, the strife is not a good thing, but I firmly believe there are many of us that argue now but will know when the time comes.

Follower

Oct 1, 2008
(WalkingJames;60788)
Peace Brothers and Sisters......So many look for the anti-chirst elsewhere, someone who will come or has come or perhaps a group of people??? So many forums seek to answer these questions and end up in an argument and begin to berate one another. All the while hearts harden and become stubborn and completely unaware that the spirit which goes against what is good has slipped in among them.
What you say is pretty accurate. For that reason, I have chosen not to press my case concerning Judas since the post where I said Judas committed one of the most wicked acts in history. The only thing I've said since then on the subject is a comment to clarify a KJV verse. There's way too much emotion here.

WalkingJames

Oct 14, 2008
1 Tim 27 For this I was appointed preacher and apostle (I amspeaking the truth, I am not lying), teacher of the Gentiles infaith and truth.8 * It is my wish, then, that in every place the menshould pray, lifting up holy hands, without anger or argument.Men, seeking to appear wise, spew forth words of contempt forgetting Jesus' words...from the Gospel of John Ch5 22 * But I say to you, whoever is angry * with his brotherwill be liable to judgment, and whoever says to his brother,'Raqa,' will be answerable to the Sanhedrin, and whoever says,'You fool,' will be liable to fiery Gehenna.Here is my observation, the Anti-Christ, the one who opposes Christ and leads men astray has been here a long time. He appeared when Christians became divided and failed to follow Pauls teaching from Eph ch 4:*I, then, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to live in amanner worthy of the call you have received,2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearingwith one another through love,3 striving to preserve the unity of the spirit through thebond of peace:4 * one body and one Spirit, as you were also called to theone hope of your call;5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and throughall and in all.And then Phil Ch2*If there is any encouragement in Christ, any solace inlove, any participation in the Spirit, any compassion andmercy,2 complete my joy by being of the same mind, with the samelove, united in heart, thinking one thing.If I were a Christian speaking harshly about other Churches or Christians I would be far more concerned about what the Lord will say about that than what the Anti-Christ could do to me. The deceiver is busy at work and I hope to have the fortitude to stand up for what is right when his tongue spews it's venom. As I recall Jesus even called Peter "Satan" (after he named him Rock) when he said he would not let allow Jesus to be put to death. If even Peter can be Satan in a weak moment do we imagine we can not be evil at any given moment?We can have all knowledge, and quote verse after verse but if we have not Love we are nothing more than a clanging noise.My point, while you are watching for the anti-christ and attempting to teach others to do the same, be sure you do not become Satan or the Anti-Christ!Peace of the Lord be with you Brethren.....

WalkingJames

Oct 14, 2008
1 Tim 27 For this I was appointed preacher and apostle (I amspeaking the truth, I am not lying), teacher of the Gentiles infaith and truth.8 * It is my wish, then, that in every place the menshould pray, lifting up holy hands, without anger or argument.Men, seeking to appear wise, spew forth words of contempt forgetting Jesus' words...from the Gospel of John Ch5 22 * But I say to you, whoever is angry * with his brotherwill be liable to judgment, and whoever says to his brother,'Raqa,' will be answerable to the Sanhedrin, and whoever says,'You fool,' will be liable to fiery Gehenna.Here is my observation, the Anti-Christ, the one who opposes Christ and leads men astray has been here a long time. He appeared when Christians became divided and failed to follow Pauls teaching from Eph ch 4:*I, then, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to live in amanner worthy of the call you have received,2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearingwith one another through love,3 striving to preserve the unity of the spirit through thebond of peace:4 * one body and one Spirit, as you were also called to theone hope of your call;5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and throughall and in all.And then Phil Ch2*If there is any encouragement in Christ, any solace inlove, any participation in the Spirit, any compassion andmercy,2 complete my joy by being of the same mind, with the samelove, united in heart, thinking one thing.If I were a Christian speaking harshly about other Churches or Christians I would be far more concerned about what the Lord will say about that than what the Anti-Christ could do to me. The deceiver is busy at work and I hope to have the fortitude to stand up for what is right when his tongue spews it's venom. As I recall Jesus even called Peter "Satan" (after he named him Rock) when he said he would not let allow Jesus to be put to death. If even Peter can be Satan in a weak moment do we imagine we can not be evil at any given moment?We can have all knowledge, and quote verse after verse but if we have not Love we are nothing more than a clanging noise.My point, while you are watching for the anti-christ and attempting to teach others to do the same, be sure you do not become Satan or the Anti-Christ!I judge you not, I am just a man humbly asking for Loving prudencePeace of the Lord be with you Brethren.....Please :pray3: for me and I will :pray3: for you....
smile.gif

Follower

Oct 1, 2008
I know its a lot of fun to try to figure out who the antichrist is. But, it is real simple: Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.Let me break it down, anti=against. The antichrist is just anyone who is against Jesus. Anyone who denies Jesus is the Messiah is the antichrist. Did Jesus leave any room to doubt when he said those who reject him belong to Satan? Why complicate it?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Follower;60827)
I know its a lot of fun to try to figure out who the antichrist is. But, it is real simple: Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.Let me break it down, anti=against. The antichrist is just anyone who is against Jesus. Anyone who denies Jesus is the Messiah is the antichrist. Did Jesus leave any room to doubt when he said those who reject him belong to Satan? Why complicate it?
Yes there are many antichrists today... but I'm having a bit problem with many people who can't figure out THE AntiChrist is... the sad thing is, many people thinks it's Judas Iscariot, when it's clearly not the answer.
rolleyes.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Follower;60827)
Because Your view is the milk a partial understanding without any meat. its types to teach about the one we are told of 2 Thess 2:3 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and [by] our gathering together unto him,this sets the time we are talking about the second coming of the Lord the 7th trump future hasnt happened yet Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Now if you think this is Judas you are not seeing what is said we at the End time near the second coming the man of sin is Satan (antichrist) 2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. There is only one who dared to to try to put himself above God that again is Satan 2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: This certainly is not Judas God says learn the meat, rightly divide to subject, object dispensationprecept upon precept concept upon concept