The Asbury ‘Surprising Work of God’

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have heard that the revivial is spreading to other Christian schools across the U.S. but that's all i've heard so far, i'm hoping that the revivial will continue, this generation could use one

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the three manifestations of Jesus!
1. In the likeness of our flesh to Israel- PAST.
2. By His Eternal Spirit to all the world, ever since Pentecost- PRESENT.
3. His return from Heaven, in the Glory of His physical and eternal Immortality- FUTURE. Phil. 3:21

Reactions: shortangel

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Has anyone noted that:

They haven't preached the gospel or repentence and there are openly homosexuals leading worship.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
I heard video of a young lady praying a prayer at the "revival" and the prayer wasn't one of repentance before a Holy God (which is what happens at a true revival) instead she was praying self-affirmation prayers.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone noted that:

They haven't preached the gospel or repentence and there are openly homosexuals leading worship.
Do you have any verifiable videos or other accounts that will reveal what you say is so?
Edit:
oh, I just noticed that you did provide verifiable info about the claimed revival at Asbury. After hearing what is said about it, I also perceive that it isn't of God.
Thank you.

Last edited:

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Do you have any verifiable videos or other accounts that will reveal what you say is so?
Edit:
oh, I just noticed that you did provide verifiable info about the claimed revival at Asbury. After hearing what is said about it, I also perceive that it isn't of God.
Thank you.

Thank you for the reply.
There are a lot of videos out there that expose Asbury Revival those are just a couple. The second one I posted is pretty comprehensive and has a panel of four or so theologians christian leaders analysing the issues.

My advice to the readers, do your own research there is tons of overwhelming evidence all over youtube. Spread the word because this won't be the last false revival we will see, in the end times there will be false teachers. The false movements to come will have some of the same characterstics to look for just like some of the past ones.

Always weigh in everything with scripture.

Shalom!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After watching some videos on this, testimonies, and watching the original chappel service that started this, what I have come to see is that this generation has been depraved of the true Love of God, and This revival is born of that.... Broken families, hypocritical churches, hatred and division being pushed on young people (critical race theory etc.) Feminism which destroys loving families, The counter men's movements which reduce women to objects.... The Love of many is waxing cold and true love is never known because the presence of God is not known. BTW I Just watched a livestream of it still going on.... not sure if this was live live or just an old stream? Their website says it is still going on.
Speaking of critical race theory.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I heard video of a young lady praying a prayer at the "revival" and the prayer wasn't one of repentance before a Holy God (which is what happens at a true revival) instead she was praying self-affirmation prayers.
We wouldn't want people praying to God in a manner that we do not approve of now, would we?

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply.
There are a lot of videos out there that expose Asbury Revival those are just a couple. The second one I posted is pretty comprehensive and has a panel of four or so theologians christian leaders analysing the issues.

My advice to the readers, do your own research there is tons of overwhelming evidence all over youtube. Spread the word because this won't be the last false revival we will see, in the end times there will be false teachers. The false movements to come will have some of the same characterstics to look for just like some of the past ones.

Always weigh in everything with scripture.
Revival doesn't come to those who do not long for to be revived, this is why it never comes to mainstream churches which are content in their ways. "God is able to raise up of these stones children unto Abraham" (Matthew 3:9).... Learn that lesson that this scripture presents my friend, before you miss out.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i just read an article that the outpouring of The Holy Spirit has spread to some secular schools & that it's continueing

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Revival doesn't come to those who do not long for to be revived, this is why it never comes to mainstream churches which are content in their ways. "God is able to raise up of these stones children unto Abraham" (Matthew 3:9).... Learn that lesson that this scripture presents my friend, before you miss out.
Revival comes by hearing the gospel and repenting which firm believers do daily.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
We wouldn't want people praying to God in a manner that we do not approve of now, would we?
I was pointing out that self affirming prayers instead of prayers of repentance does not count as revival, especially when they affirm homosexuality.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revival comes by hearing the gospel and repenting which firm believers do daily.
Revival is the time of refreshing the Bible speaks of, when the Love of God and presence of God is known by those there. (Acts 3:19).
Because it does not fit your doctrinal understanding of how it should occur and amongst who it should occur, you quench the Spirit with your words, as do many who are making the videos your talking about. This revival started with a turning away from the love this world presents as love, which is not love but perversion and manipulation.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Revival is the time of refreshing the Bible speaks of, when the Love of God and presence of God is known by those there. (Acts 3:19).
Because it does not fit your doctrinal understanding of how it should occur and amongst who it should occur, you quench the Spirit with your words, as do many who are making the videos your talking about. This revival started with a turning away from the love this world presents as love, which is not love but perversion and manipulation.
The very verses you referenced included repentence:

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Acts 3:19 KJV

Reactions: marks

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
What Christian doesn't want revival?

Reactions: marks

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011

This one is more about what a revival is and is not in general.

Last edited: