The attack of satan on the gospel that I preach.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit's function is to guide all those who have Him into all truth.

I know quite a lot of things about the future....things to come....especially what has been prophesied in holy scripture.
hmmm sure you do and only you know the real meaning of every word in the book of revelation(things to come) John 16:13...........

Reactions: Waiting on him

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
knowledge is truth, and knowledge is a gift and is not given to all. Twenty-five years ago my son ask me about. I told him I didn't. He told me that it came up at week long prayer meeting and he wanted my opinion. With two months of prayer and study I told him it was just another end time opinion and not a salvation issue so it was ok to believe it.

Was I ever surprised when I found out nobody else could accept it.
God tells us everything—ALL that we need to know. He does not reserve knowledge and wisdom only for the so-called “adepts.” That concept is from the occult (which means hidden), not from the Bible. We are told that if we lack wisdom, He will give it to us. We are told that His people perish for lack of knowledge, so why would He withhold knowledge that we NEED?? The truth is that He doesn’t.

None of us knows fully, but Paul said that we will know fully even as we are fully known. I believe this will be in heaven. In the meantime, like I said, God makes known to us all that we need to know.

BTW, I’m not sure what you did to my quote, but there is a word misspelled that I didn’t misspell, which tells me that my quote was edited by you.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmmm sure you do and only you know the real meaning of every word in the book of revelation(things to come) John 16:13...........
I don't claim to be the only one who knows these things...

Ever been to a Bible prophecy conference?

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't claim to be the only one who knows these things...

Ever been to a Bible prophecy conference?
Yes I have friends who have written books on it like Ed Hindson. I've been studying the topic over 4 decades, not that it matters any to you since you are the authority in all things.................

Any other questions ?

Reactions: Waiting on him

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I have friends who have written books on it like Ed Hindson. I've been studying the topic over 4 decades, not that it matters any to you since you are the authority in all things...
As should you be if you have the unction of the Holy Ghost (1 John 2:20).

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As should you be if you have the unction of the Holy Ghost (1 John 2:20).
really ?

when is Jesus returning ?

you know all things right ?

when will Israel be attacked in Megiddo ?

when will the rapture take place ?

is the man of sin living now ?

if so what country ?

how old is he ?

who is he ?

and I can ask you a 100 more questions you do not know the answer to.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
really ?

when is Jesus returning ?

you know all things right ?

when will Israel be attacked in Megiddo ?

when will the rapture take place ?

is the man of sin living now ?

if so what country ?

how old is he ?

who is he ?

and I can ask you a 100 more questions you do not know the answer to.
My spirit knows the answer to those questions but not my mind.

Why are you arguing with the reality of what it says in 1 John 2:20?

The same Spirit that dwells in me dwelt in Christ; and He didn't even know the day or hour of His return...

However the Spirit who dwelt in Christ (His Father) did.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a lot of audacity in claiming that just because of your diligence in reading the Word of God, that your opinion is reliable and accurate. Nothing can be further from truth, in regard to anyone ('...those always searching but never coming to the truth...'). Scholarship abounds in Christian circles, and yet, no two theologians are in complete accord with the entirety of Scripture.
Not only are there many theologians who agreee wholeheartedly as to what is taught by holy scripture; but I have to disagree with you on the following terms:

How will anyone come to the knowledge of the truth if they do not come to it through a thorough study of what is written in the holy scriptures?

It is most certainly beneficial to have a strong Bible reading regiment in your practice so that the Holy Ghost might be able to correct you if your doctrine begins to go astray in the slightest.

And of course, having been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins means that the Holy Ghost has been absolutely promised to me and this means that He will perform His function in me of guiding me into all truth (John 16:13); because He dwells within me.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It goes to show that the devil can use people who mean well but who have been incorrectly taught.

A member of this forum (sorry not allowed to specifically address issues about another member publicly to shame them; even though he has sought to publicly shame me by calling my gospel "FALSE and PERVERTED" and this rule applies apparently only to me but not to that other person)...has come on the record as saying that the gospel that I preach is a "FALSE and PERVERTED" gospel.

Let me say that the burden of proof is on him since he has made this accusation (I originally intended for him to respond but apparently it is against the rules to mention certain folks by name).

It started when he challenged anyone to show biblically how it might be taught that repentance is a requirement for salvation; and he would give them $1,000 if they could show this from the Bible.

I responded with Ezekiel 33:11-20; which does indeed prove him wrong: and from there, instead of giving the promised reward of $1,000, he rewarded me instead with a blot on my name as a teacher.

Pro 9:7, He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.

The fact that the scripture in question shows that repentance is a requirement for salvation did not cause him to change his mind; instead, he doubled down and accused the person who proved him wrong of being a false teacher. After all, he could not have been wrong, from his perspective; he knows the Bible better than anyone else: because he has asked the Lord to send him to the best teachers in the world.

(Unfortunately, for him, they were the best Bible teachers in the world, not in the church!)

I will also present now as the proof text that repentance is needed for forgiveness, 2 Chronicles 7:14 and Ezekiel 33:19.

2Ch 7:14, If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Eze 33:19, But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.

The context of Ezekiel 33:19 is also of importance; for it shows more clearly the reality of the issue:

Eze 33:11, Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Eze 33:12, Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
Eze 33:13, When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.
Eze 33:14, Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
Eze 33:15, If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
Eze 33:16, None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
Eze 33:17, Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.
Eze 33:18, When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.
Eze 33:19, But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.
Eze 33:20, Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

Here it is clearly shown that if a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, he will die because of his iniquity; but if a wicked man turns from his iniquity and does what is lawful and right, he will even live thereby.

I don't know how the scriptures can be any clearer than this.

Some say, Ezekiel is in the Old Testament and therefore we ought not to heed it or pay attention to it. To which I have four things to say (A,B, C, and D):

A) All scripture is inspired of the Lord and is profitable for doctrine (2 Timothy 3:16)

B) Even in the New Testament the sentiment is repeated that one must repent in order to be saved (in Matthew 3, Luke 13:1-5, in Acts of the Apostles 2:38, Acts of the Apostles 3:19, Acts of the Apostles 17:30).

So, they say, that the term "repent" does not mean "away from sin" but "towards God".

To which I say, that

1) God is holy (1 Peter 1:15-16); and that to turn to God means to turn to holiness, which means away from unholiness or sin.

2) That the Old Testament has defined what repentance means; that it means to turn away from sin.

and, C) In Hebrews 10:26-31 we find a New Testament example of what it says so clearly in Ezekiel 33:11-20; it is a perfect repeat of the doctrine found in that passage.

and, D) The law and the prophets are not to be done away with (Matthew 5:17-20); but the law and the prophets testify to the righteousness of God that is within us apart from the law (Romans 3:21).

Okay so you are mad at someone and have had you rfeelings hurt.

Welcome to the world of debating those who disagree with you.

I think your two post tirade is very uncalled for! YOu should pray for the person who offended you so much that it forced you to rant like this. that would be far better for you! the more you grow, the more you shall be attacked from without and from within the body of Christ! Deal with that person individually as you are called to .

After 46 years of being out there, I can't even list the enormous amount of times I have been physically and verbaaly assaulted, threatened with arrest, brought to psychologists and lost friends. As Paul said- all who choose to live godly in Christ SHALL suffer persecution.

Everyone has to biblically repent in order to be saved.

But let me stress this as I have on the thread on repentance.

New Testament biblical repentance is in the Greek: "Metanoia" and that means Mets-change, noia - thinking or mind! So biblical repentatnce is a change of mind.

what do we change our thinking about?

1, Yes we are a sinner.
2. Yes we are lost
3. Yes we cannot save ourselves.
4. Yes Jesus died and physically rose from the dead for the full forgiveness of our sin.

When we change our mind and agree with God on these things and place our trust (faith) in that death and resurrection- we are gloriously saved.

The religious worlds definition of repentance is expressing regret and remorse for confessed sins-. but tht is not biblical repentance- but the 1 John 1:9 acknowledging of our sin. Now repentance to salvation is a one time thing! But as we grow and learn and see the more and more sinfulness of our own human nature, we do change our mind about things we did not think of as sin prior to God showing us..

For repentance- changing our mind- always produces some for of change in behavior.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay so you are mad at someone and have had you rfeelings hurt.

Welcome to the world of debating those who disagree with you.

I think your two post tirade is very uncalled for! YOu should pray for the person who offended you so much that it forced you to rant like this. that would be far better for you! the more you grow, the more you shall be attacked from without and from within the body of Christ! Deal with that person individually as you are called to .

After 46 years of being out there, I can't even list the enormous amount of times I have been physically and verbaaly assaulted, threatened with arrest, brought to psychologists and lost friends. As Paul said- all who choose to live godly in Christ SHALL suffer persecution.

Everyone has to biblically repent in order to be saved.

But let me stress this as I have on the thread on repentance.

New Testament biblical repentance is in the Greek: "Metanoia" and that means Mets-change, noia - thinking or mind! So biblical repentatnce is a change of mind.

what do we change our thinking about?

1, Yes we are a sinner.
2. Yes we are lost
3. Yes we cannot save ourselves.
4. Yes Jesus died and physically rose from the dead for the full forgiveness of our sin.

When we change our mind and agree with God on these things and place our trust (faith) in that death and resurrection- we are gloriously saved.

The religious worlds definition of repentance is expressing regret and remorse for confessed sins-. but tht is not biblical repentance- but the 1 John 1:9 acknowledging of our sin. Now repentance to salvation is a one time thing! But as we grow and learn and see the more and more sinfulness of our own human nature, we do change our mind about things we did not think of as sin prior to God showing us..

For repentance- changing our mind- always produces some for of change in behavior.

Thank you, @Ronald Nolette, for at least affirming that what I have been experiencing is persecution for righteousness' sake.

I would point out in your post that yes, we do come to Christ by acknowledging that we are sinners; but must say unequivocally that when we repent we cease to be a sinner (1 John 3:9; 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17) in one sense of the word; while in another sense we continue to be the chief of sinners (1 John 1:8, 1 Timothy 1:15).

We are sinners in that we all have indwelling sin.

We are not sinners any longer when we repent and turn to Christ in that we become the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21)...and in that we no longer practice sin.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No the Holy Spirit does not guide you into all truth.

That promise Jesus made to His disciples and that the Holy Spirit would bring to remembrance EVERYTHING Jesus had told/taught them.

They wrote Scripture ( all truth) not you. The promise was for them , not you.

This is just another example of you not rightly dividing the word of truth and twisting scripture.

Now lets see if your pride gets in the way of the truth or not and you are able to accept correction.

John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

I suppose you know all the future as well- the things to come............ Peter/Paul in their epistles and Johns Revelation.

That promise was for the Apostles.

hope this helps !!!

Dec 8, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a very interesting way of looking at it.
No the Holy Spirit does not guide you into all truth.

That promise Jesus made to His disciples and that the Holy Spirit would bring to remembrance EVERYTHING Jesus had told/taught them.

They wrote Scripture ( all truth) not you. The promise was for them , not you.

This is just another example of you not rightly dividing the word of truth and twisting scripture.

Now lets see if your pride gets in the way of the truth or not and you are able to accept correction.

John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

I suppose you know all the future as well- the things to come............ Peter/Paul in their epistles and Johns Revelation.

That promise was for the Apostles.

hope this helps !!!
This is a very interesting way of looking at it.

Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is also the view held by most Catholics.
And ?

The catholics view the Trinity as well
The Deity of Christ as well.

Its called throwing the baby out with the bath water...................

or known as a fallacy...................

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I will only say this, @DNB, @Christophany...

I know that I have been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and I know also that the Holy Spirit is also promised to all who will receive such a sacrament.

So, I know that I have the Holy Ghost and that He guides me into all truth (John 16:13).

As for the kjv, I do not expect every one to follow my example in exalting that version above all others.

The way to life is narrow and strait; and few there are who ever really find it (Matthew 7:13-14).

So, it is clear to me that there will be many who take the broader path to destruction; that is the nature of a path that is broad.
You have just as much credentials as anyone else on this site, JBF, so quit exalting yourself above others. The proof is in the pudding, and you have not outwitted or out-exegeted anyone with your self-professed Biblical acumen.
You continuously, either explicitly or tacitly, claim that you are endowed with a greater wisdom than others. Yes, there are the gifts of the spirit, but self-praise, is no praise at all. It is rather undermining.
Let others praise you, and then we will see how astute that you are in Scriptural matters. ...talk is cheap!