The attack of satan on the gospel that I preach.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It goes to show that the devil can use people who mean well but who have been incorrectly taught.

A member of this forum (sorry not allowed to specifically address issues about another member publicly to shame them; even though he has sought to publicly shame me by calling my gospel "FALSE and PERVERTED" and this rule applies apparently only to me but not to that other person)...has come on the record as saying that the gospel that I preach is a "FALSE and PERVERTED" gospel.

It started when he challenged anyone to show biblically how it might be taught that repentance is a requirement for salvation; and he would give them $1,000 if they could show this from the Bible.

Anyone who holds that repentance is not part of the Kingdom of God does not know Jesus.
The difficulty that many have is understanding what salvation is and what it is not.

So if I claim salvation is accepting an individual is who they are, and from then on they do everything, I am a passive passenger on the road to paradise, then in this world repentance is expressed as faith in this individual, a change of mind or loyalty. In their theology, everything is a gift or grace, and nothing is the response of the believer. Some go so far as to say the response of the believer is just acknowledging Jesus, and all sin is then forgiven, past, present and future.

Their view goes a little further. To suggest our walk, a reflection of the inner change within, affects the reality of this eternal change, is heresy, a lie of satan and those suggesting our walk must reflect the inner reality is anti-Christ. Some go as far as saying they want to destroy believers who preach fruit of repentance.

I would suggest this version of faith is just a spray paint Jesus, believing what we are is irrelevant, it is all Jesus being seen by God and not us. In truth in believers it is Jesus seen in us as we walk according to His will and His commands.

There is though an aspect of faith, where sin is covered over and hidden, by the blood of Jesus.
The apostles talk about praying for a brother or sister for forgiveness of their sins, and they will be forgiven, but not for sins regarding the shedding of blood.

Idealism is a dangerous road to walk. This road says all sins are the same, so one sin dooms you to hell. What dooms us to hell is our rebellion against God which is demonstrated by our sinful behaviour. The emphasis has grown is if we were perfect in our behaviour, we would not be sinners and accepted by God. What is left out is part of sin is not just behaviour but our attitude to God Himself. You could be the nicest person in the world but still fail before the throne of grace.

So the logic goes if the smallest sin causes us to fail and be rejected, how can we find peace with God unless sins are just all forgiven at the start, and if all our sins are forgiven, repentance has no bearing on the subject, and is just trying to earn your salvation, putting something alongside God. So the argument goes those who realise how we walk matters, they suggest one is losing your salvation and gaining it back continuously, which is absurd. And that is true. The answer to this is sanctification, the road of transfiguration and transformation, as we walk we are changed, and as we change so does our behaviour and conformity to the image of Christ. It is this transformation that is confirmation of the reality within our hearts. And the tension between our aspirations and our behaviour, is the impetous that helps us move on. Ironically we never arrive, because part of walk with Jesus is knowing we are in communion with Him and can only live in this state, so there never is an arriving at some perfect reality, in Him we find it all in all as we walk together.

God bless you

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you intentionally LIE about an other poster ?

How many times does he have to tell you that he is NOT a JW ?

Do you know lying is a sin ?

Do you know you are bearing false witness ?

This proves what you say is not of the Holy Spirit when you bear false witness.

hope this helps !!!
Wait, I thought the topic was about those accusing him.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, every time that you speak, enough has been said in order to determine that you have never witnessed the power of the Spirit.
You reason like a child JBF, therefore, don't deprecate God's Spirit with your self-justifying delusions.
Spot on.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It goes to show that the devil can use people who mean well but who have been incorrectly taught.

A member of this forum (sorry not allowed to specifically address issues about another member publicly to shame them; even though he has sought to publicly shame me by calling my gospel "FALSE and PERVERTED" and this rule applies apparently only to me but not to that other person)...has come on the record as saying that the gospel that I preach is a "FALSE and PERVERTED" gospel.

Let me say that the burden of proof is on him since he has made this accusation (I originally intended for him to respond but apparently it is against the rules to mention certain folks by name).

It started when he challenged anyone to show biblically how it might be taught that repentance is a requirement for salvation; and he would give them $1,000 if they could show this from the Bible.

I responded with Ezekiel 33:11-20; which does indeed prove him wrong: and from there, instead of giving the promised reward of $1,000, he rewarded me instead with a blot on my name as a teacher.

Pro 9:7, He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.

The fact that the scripture in question shows that repentance is a requirement for salvation did not cause him to change his mind; instead, he doubled down and accused the person who proved him wrong of being a false teacher. After all, he could not have been wrong, from his perspective; he knows the Bible better than anyone else: because he has asked the Lord to send him to the best teachers in the world.

(Unfortunately, for him, they were the best Bible teachers in the world, not in the church!)

I will also present now as the proof text that repentance is needed for forgiveness, 2 Chronicles 7:14 and Ezekiel 33:19.

2Ch 7:14, If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Eze 33:19, But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.

The context of Ezekiel 33:19 is also of importance; for it shows more clearly the reality of the issue:

Eze 33:11, Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Eze 33:12, Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
Eze 33:13, When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.
Eze 33:14, Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
Eze 33:15, If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
Eze 33:16, None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
Eze 33:17, Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.
Eze 33:18, When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.
Eze 33:19, But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.
Eze 33:20, Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

Here it is clearly shown that if a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, he will die because of his iniquity; but if a wicked man turns from his iniquity and does what is lawful and right, he will even live thereby.

I don't know how the scriptures can be any clearer than this.

Some say, Ezekiel is in the Old Testament and therefore we ought not to heed it or pay attention to it. To which I have four things to say (A,B, C, and D):

A) All scripture is inspired of the Lord and is profitable for doctrine (2 Timothy 3:16)

B) Even in the New Testament the sentiment is repeated that one must repent in order to be saved (in Matthew 3, Luke 13:1-5, in Acts of the Apostles 2:38, Acts of the Apostles 3:19, Acts of the Apostles 17:30).

So, they say, that the term "repent" does not mean "away from sin" but "towards God".

To which I say, that

1) God is holy (1 Peter 1:15-16); and that to turn to God means to turn to holiness, which means away from unholiness or sin.

2) That the Old Testament has defined what repentance means; that it means to turn away from sin.

and, C) In Hebrews 10:26-31 we find a New Testament example of what it says so clearly in Ezekiel 33:11-20; it is a perfect repeat of the doctrine found in that passage.

and, D) The law and the prophets are not to be done away with (Matthew 5:17-20); but the law and the prophets testify to the righteousness of God that is within us apart from the law (Romans 3:21).
Great idea!

I will give $1000.00 to anyone that can find anybody in the N.T. church scriptures(Acts through Rev) that was water baptized any other way but in the name of Jesus Christ.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Which gifts are you referring to, and what scriptural support can you offer for your statement??
Rom_12:6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

1Co 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1Co 12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
1Co 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
1Co 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
1Co 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
Gift of knowledge comes from the word of God which is the bible.
1Co 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1Co 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

As a prayer warrior go ahead and pray for knowledge or any of the others. It is not to edify you, but God.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom_12:6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

1Co 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1Co 12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
1Co 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
1Co 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
1Co 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
Gift of knowledge comes from the word of God which is the bible.
1Co 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1Co 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

I’m well aware of the scriptures talking about the gifts of the Spirit. You said that “the gifts are not given to those who don’t study.” This is what I was asking scriptural support for. I don’t see this idea in the scriptures you quoted.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
I’m well aware of the scriptures talking about the gifts of the Spirit. You said that “the gifts are not given to those who don’t study.” This is what I was asking scriptural support for. I don’t see this idea in the scriptures you quoted.
It is a given that one must study the bible in order to gain knowledge. God is not going to give any of the gifts to those that don't have a love of God. That requires reading his word.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will give $1000.00 to anyone that can find anybody in the N.T. church scriptures(Acts through Rev) that was water baptized any other way but in the name of Jesus Christ.
Acts 19:1-11

Specifically verse 3

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a given that one must study the bible in order to gain knowledge. God is not going to give any of the gifts to those that don't have a love of God. That requires reading his word.

Nope, sorry, it's just not scriptural that we have to study in order to be given the spiritual gifts. 1 Cor 12 is the scripture you quoted earlier, and it says nothing about study. It DOES say that God activates the gifts in each person and that the Spirit distributes the gifts to each person AS HE WILLS. So, you're adding to the scriptures. Not a good idea.

1 Cor 12:1-11
Now concerning what comes from the Spirit: brothers, I do not want you to be unaware. You know that when you were pagans, you used to be led off to the idols that could not speak. Therefore I am informing you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Now there are different gifts, but the same Spirit. There are different ministries, but the same Lord. And there are different activities, but the same God activates each gift in each person. A demonstration of the Spirit is given to each person to produce what is beneficial:
to one is given a message of wisdom
through the Spirit,
to another, a message of knowledge
by the same Spirit,
to another, faith by the same Spirit,
to another, gifts of healing by the one Spirit,
to another, the performing of miracles,
to another, prophecy,
to another, distinguishing between spirits,
to another, different kinds of languages,
to another, interpretation of languages.

But one and the same Spirit is active in all these, distributing to each person as He wills.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are sinners in that we all have indwelling sin.

We are not sinners any longer when we repent and turn to Christ in that we become the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21)...and in that we no longer practice sin.

If by this you mean one lives in sinless perfeection in all their thoughts words and deeds, you are seriously misguided.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
By way of reality and practical application every thread and every denomination and every human being is living proof it applied to the Apostles who wrote Scripture in John 16:13 since no 2 people are in agreement on everything in Scripture (all the truth).

case closed by way of refutation.

next..................................
If that were the case, Christophany, no-one would come to faith in Christ, and there would be no difference between the natural man and the spiritual man.

1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, sorry, it's just not scriptural that we have to study in order to be given the spiritual gifts. 1 Cor 12 is the scripture you quoted earlier, and it says nothing about study. It DOES say that God activates the gifts in each person and that the Spirit distributes the gifts to each person AS HE WILLS. So, you're adding to the scriptures. Not a good idea.

1 Cor 12:1-11
Now concerning what comes from the Spirit: brothers, I do not want you to be unaware. You know that when you were pagans, you used to be led off to the idols that could not speak. Therefore I am informing you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Now there are different gifts, but the same Spirit. There are different ministries, but the same Lord. And there are different activities, but the same God activates each gift in each person. A demonstration of the Spirit is given to each person to produce what is beneficial:
to one is given a message of wisdom
through the Spirit,
to another, a message of knowledge
by the same Spirit,
to another, faith by the same Spirit,
to another, gifts of healing by the one Spirit,
to another, the performing of miracles,
to another, prophecy,
to another, distinguishing between spirits,
to another, different kinds of languages,
to another, interpretation of languages.

But one and the same Spirit is active in all these, distributing to each person as He wills.
How do you receive knowledge from Christ?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you go, showing your lack of wisdom. There is a difference between a promise, and the attainment of it. Not everyone that was born again has ever performed in the miraculous manner that the early Church did. You have a very low esteem of God's power.

I have said nothing about the working of power in miracles that has been wrought by people who have been born again.

Promises in holy scripture are given when the condition for them is fulfilled.

By way of reality and practical application every thread and every denomination and every human being is living proof it applied to the Apostles who wrote Scripture in John 16:13 since no 2 people are in agreement on everything in Scripture (all the truth).

I'm certain that the two witnesses, when they come, will be in complete agreement as to what is taught by holy scripture. And because they will be refuting all of the false theologies out there, they will be tormenting the souls of all those who have latched onto those false theologies in order to keep their sins.

If by this you mean one lives in sinless perfection in all their thoughts words and deeds, you are seriously misguided.

As I have said on many occasions, the term "sinless perfection" is a misnomer that is often applied to the doctrine of entire sanctification in order to topple it as a straw man utilizing the quoting of 1 John 1:8.

While the doctrine in question does not teach that a man has sin eradicated from him (i.e. he becomes sinless) but rather that the element of sin, dwelling on the inside of him, is rendered dead (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any authority over his behaviour (Romans 6:14).

Furthermore, Galatians 2:20 shows us plainly that when we live our own lives we will be living lives of sin; but that if Jesus comes and lives His life in us and through us, the life that will be lived in our mortal flesh shall be one of holiness.

Practrice silence about it. To be bluntly honest? YOu sound like a whiny child complaining about how someone has responded to you. Suck it up and count it joy.

Thank you and praise the Lord. May the Lord also abundantly bless you and receive you as a son.

And no one was asking you to be "bluntly honest".

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Practrice silence about it. To be bluntly honest? YOu sound like a whiny child complaining about how someone has responded to you. Suck it up and count it joy.
I know that the persecution for righteousness' sake means that I am indeed blessed and that it means that the kingdom of heaven belongs to me. However, I am still not happy when it occurs because it means that certain people will be less inclined to receive the good news that will save them as it comes from me.

So, I'm sorry that I care about the salvation of others. I suppose I should just "suck it up" because I have a reward.

But I think that if there is any message that is consistent in the word, it is that we ought not to be selfish.

So, while I may be able to rejoice over the reward that I will receive over being persecuted for righteousness' sake, I do not rejoice in the fact that certain people may reject the gospel as a whole because the one aspect of it that would have saved them came off from my keyboard; and they rejected it because someone tried to identify me as a false teacher.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have said nothing about the working of power in miracles that has been wrought by people who have been born again.

Promises in holy scripture are given when the condition for them is fulfilled.

I'm certain that the two witnesses, when they come, will be in complete agreement as to what is taught by holy scripture. And because they will be refuting all of the false theologies out there, they will be tormenting the souls of all those who have latched onto those false theologies in order to keep their sins.

As I have said on many occasions, the term "sinless perfection" is a misnomer that is often applied to the doctrine of entire sanctification in order to topple it as a straw man utilizing the quoting of 1 John 1:8.

While the doctrine in question does not teach that a man has sin eradicated from him (i.e. he becomes sinless) but rather that the element of sin, dwelling on the inside of him, is rendered dead (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any authority over his behaviour (Romans 6:14).

Furthermore, Galatians 2:20 shows us plainly that when we live our own lives we will be living lives of sin; but that if Jesus comes and lives His life in us and through us, the life that will be lived in our mortal flesh shall be one of holiness.

Thank you and praise the Lord. May the Lord also abundantly bless you and receive you as a son.

And no one was asking you to be "bluntly honest".
Yes the Two witnesses like the Apostles and the Prophets are in agreement unlike everyone on this forum and in every church.

You have just proven my point, thanks !

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the Two witnesses like the Apostles and the Prophets are in agreement unlike everyone on this forum and in every church.

You have just proven my point, thanks !
No, I have not proven your point.

My point being that if the two witnesses can be in agreement, then any two others can also be in agreement.

And there are whole denominations that are unified in doctrine; so I don't know what you are talking about....

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I have not proven your point.

My point being that if the two witnesses can be in agreement, then any two others can also be in agreement.

And there are whole denominations that are unified in doctrine; so I don't know what you are talking about....
Sorry they are Gods appointed Resurrected OT saints who are sinless , perfect .

next.........