The attack of satan on the gospel that I preach.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And ?

The catholics view the Trinity as well
The Deity of Christ as well.

Its called throwing the baby out with the bath water...................

or known as a fallacy...................
I would just say that it is the function of the Holy Spirit to guide those who have Him into all truth; and that that is the plain meaning of John 16:13.

I'm sorry that you don't see it that way...because it means that you yourself cannot lay hold of that promise in holy scripture.

(Because promises must be believed to be received.)

And this means that you can never, until you believe the promise, say or believe that the Holy Spirit has been guiding you or is guiding you into all truth.

So you are left in the lurch and very likely cannot ever come to the knowledge of the truth.

Reminds me of a scripture.

2Ti 3:1, This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Ti 3:2, For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Ti 3:4, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5, Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6, For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not only are there many theologians who agreee wholeheartedly as to what is taught by holy scripture; but I have to disagree with you on the following terms:

How will anyone come to the knowledge of the truth if they do not come to it through a thorough study of what is written in the holy scriptures?

It is most certainly beneficial to have a strong Bible reading regiment in your practice so that the Holy Ghost might be able to correct you if your doctrine begins to go astray in the slightest.

And of course, having been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins means that the Holy Ghost has been absolutely promised to me and this means that He will perform His function in me of guiding me into all truth (John 16:13); because He dwells within me.
Again, Kenneth Copeland is well versed in the Bible, same with Benny Hinn, Rob White, etc... Augustine and Origen also, so were Erasmus and Calvin, and yet, did they all have the Holy Spirit like you claim that you do. We all know the promise JBF, quit employing non-sequiturs, any charlatan can make the same idle claim that you are making.
You don't have wisdom JBF, you are deluded in your convictions of the KJV, of the Godhead, and of your own prowess in exegeting Scripture. Quit puffing yourself up with idle words. Start imparting wisdom and then others will praise you, and you won't appear as arrogant, conceited and deluded as you do now.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have just as much credentials as anyone else on this site, JBF,

I have as much credentials as anyone else on this site who has been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.

Those who haven't submitted to that, do not have the absolute promise (as I do) of receiving the Holy Ghost that is given to us in Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39.

I have received PM's from people who have said that I teach faithfully here on these boards; and from others who have praised me for dealing with certain false teachers here. But all of this is behind the scenes; and I only bring them up because you say that I should let others praise me. I agree.

But when certain ones disparage me rather than praise me, I am compelled to enter into the foolishness of boasting in my own "self-professed Biblical acumen" just as Paul the apostle was compelled to the foolishness of defending himself in 2 Corinthians 11.

I will say as a matter of fact that when others disparage you, before Jesus Christ, that is more of a praise than if everyone praised you (see Matthew 5:10-12, Luke 6:22-23, Luke 6:26, 2 Timothy 3:10-12).

So I am actually exalted in the eyes of the Lord and He is actually substantiating my ministry and honouring me through the fact that certain men have sought to call me out as a false teacher even though they have no biblical substantiation for their claims.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, Kenneth Copeland is well versed in the Bible, same with Benny Hinn, Rob White, etc... Augustine and Origen also, so were Erasmus and Calvin, and yet, did they all have the Holy Spirit like you claim that you do. We all know the promise JBF, quit employing non-sequiturs, any charlatan can make the same idle claim that you are making.
You don't have wisdom JBF, you are deluded in your convictions of the KJV, of the Godhead, and of your own prowess in exegeting Scripture. Quit puffing yourself up with idle words. Start imparting wisdom and then others will praise, and you won't appears as arrogant, conceited and deluded as you do now.
I understand that you do not agree with the doctrines that I preach because you are a Jehovah's Witness as concerning your understanding of the Godhead.

I suppose that you have been chomping at the bit, waiting at the edges for the opportunity to slam me, also.

Were any of the names that you have mentioned baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins?

If they were, then they had/have just as much of the Holy Spirit as I do.

If they weren't, then they didn't/don't.

Act 2:38, Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39, For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Here, a conditional promise is given.

The promise is the Holy Ghost; and the condition for receiving the Holy Ghost, here, is to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.

I have fulfilled this condition.

Have you?

My authority is based on the baptism that I have received. I don't know anything about Benny Hinn or Kenneth Copeland, or Origen, or the other guys you mentioned, as to whether they received the baptism that I have received. I don't think that they did because it was not the proper time in history. The promise was given to all that were afar off.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have as much credentials as anyone else on this site who has been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.

Those who haven't submitted to that, do not have the absolute promise (as I do) of receiving the Holy Ghost that is given to us in Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39.

I have received PM's from people who have said that I teach faithfully here on these boards; and from others who have praised me for dealing with certain false teachers here. But all of this is behind the scenes; and I only bring them up because you say that I should let others praise me. I agree.

But when certain ones disparage me rather than praise me, I am compelled to enter into the foolishness of boasting in my own "self-professed Biblical acumen" just as Paul the apostle was compelled to the foolishness of defending himself in 2 Corinthians 11.

I will say as a matter of fact that when others disparage you, before Jesus Christ, that is more of a praise than if everyone praised you (see Matthew 5:10-12, Luke 6:22-23, Luke 6:26, 2 Timothy 3:10-12).

So I am actually exalted in the eyes of the Lord and He is actually substantiating my ministry and honouring me through the fact that certain men have sought to call me out as a false teacher even though they have no biblical substantiation for their claims.
Either way, JBF, there's seems to be a rather self-righteous tone to your speech? When you are disparaged, it has to be weighed like any other comment, whether it be favourable or not. If you are eliciting more criticism than praise, then you have to take a step back and decide if the source of the critique is in error, or you? You claim that they have no biblical substantiation, but that could be nothing more than just a feeble opinion, for arguments sake.
I personally do not feel that you have the Spirit, at all, for I see no sound wisdom coming from you in order to substantiate your claims.
KJVO, says it all, and I'm not just taking a cheap shot.

Reactions: Waiting on him

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I understand that you do not agree with the doctrines that I preach because you are a Jehovah's Witness as concerning your understanding of the Godhead.

I suppose that you have been chomping at the bit, waiting at the edges for the opportunity to slam me, also.

Were any of the names that you have mentioned baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins?

If they were, then they had/have just as much of the Holy Spirit as I do.

If they weren't, then they didn't/don't.

Act 2:38, Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39, For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Here, a conditional promise is given.

The promise is the Holy Ghost; and the condition for receiving the Holy Ghost, here, is to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.

I have fulfilled this condition.

Have you?

My authority is based on the baptism that I have received. I don't know anything about Benny Hinn or Kenneth Copeland, or Origen, or the other guys you mentioned, as to whether they received the baptism that I have received. I don't think that they did because it was not the proper time in history. The promise was given to all that were afar off.
JBF, you do not have the Holy Spirit. You are disparaging God and His power by claiming that the nonsense that continuously proceeds from your mouth, is His gift to the Elect. How many times have I told you that I am not JW, and don't think that I'm so concerned with you that I can't wait to take a shot, for crying out loud. Now, try and tell me that you have the Spirit of God within you?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Either way, JBF, there's seems to be a rather self-righteous tone to your speech? When you are disparaged, it has to be weighed like any other comment, whether it be favourable or not. If you are eliciting more criticism than praise, then you have to take a step back and decide if the source of the critique is in error, or you? You claim that they have no biblical substantiation, but that could be nothing more than just a feeble opinion, for arguments sake.
I personally do not feel that you have the Spirit, at all, for I see no sound wisdom coming from you in order to substantiate your claims.
KJVO, says it all, and I'm not just taking a cheap shot.
When it comes to an argument between a Trinity-believing Oneness Pentecostal and a Unitarian/Jehovah's Witness, I believe that the Trinity-believing Oneness Pentecostal has the advantage over the other as concerning sound doctrine. For the Deity of Christ is a doctrine that is essential to salvation.

You can go to other translations of Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39 and try to comfort yourself by saying that I don't have the Holy Spirit because the translation that you have chosen says it more along the lines of what you want it to say; but I would say that you have heaped up for yourself teachers, in the translators of the version that you have picked, to tell you what your itching ears want to hear.

Yes, there is no biblical substantiation for the critique that has been directed my way. Those who have given the critique have offered none.

I know that at the very least, in the kjv, the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to those who will repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. I think that you will find it to be true in most other translations also.

I think that you would be more inclined to go by the New World Translation...I hold that translation to be faulty.

The fact that I am being attacked by a member of a cult who denies Christ's Deity is a faithful witness that I am being faithful in my preaching.

'nuff said!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JBF, you do not have the Holy Spirit.
So, Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39 is a lie?

You ought to verily go and cut that passage out of your Bible, keeping in mind what it says in Revelation 22:19.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are not a Jehovah's Witness, how do you deal with John 1:1-3 and John 1:14?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that you do not agree with the doctrines that I preach because you are a Jehovah's Witness
Why would you intentionally LIE about an other poster ?

How many times does he have to tell you that he is NOT a JW ?

Do you know lying is a sin ?

Do you know you are bearing false witness ?

This proves what you say is not of the Holy Spirit when you bear false witness.

hope this helps !!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you intentionally LIE about an other poster ?

Do you know lying is a sin ?

Do you know you are bearing false witness ?

This proves what you say is not of the Holy Spirit when you bear false witness.

hope this helps !!!
Dude, I did not intentionally lie about this poster.

I assumed he was a Jehovah's Witness because he has denied the Deity of Christ on not a few occasions. (If you had read this: The attack of satan on the gospel that I preach. : then you would have known that.)

So, in my mind, he is lumped together with them.

This last post of yours shows your true colors towards whether you are a friend or an enemy.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as I know he has only told me twice in all of our dealings. I forgot about the first time that he told me.

The second time he told me (Just a few posts above this one), I had already posted what I had posted about him being one (or a Unitarian) before I finally looked back and saw the whole of his post.

But why do I have to defend myself to you? Will I not be told that I am "self-justifying" and that I should "let another man praise me and not my own lips"?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because personally I do not see how anyone can deny the Deity of Christ without holding to the New World Translation's understanding of John 1:1-3, John 1:14.

If he is not a Jehovah's Witness, then he accepts versions of the Bible other than the NeWT and does not hold the NeWT to be inspired.

But as far as I know, they all proclaim the Deity of Christ in John 1:1-3, John 1:14.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39 is a lie?

You ought to verily go and cut that passage out of your Bible, keeping in mind what it says in Revelation 22:19.
There you go, showing your lack of wisdom. There is a difference between a promise, and the attainment of it. Not everyone that was born again has ever performed in the miraculous manner that the early Church did. You have a very low esteem of God's power.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When it comes to an argument between a Trinity-believing Oneness Pentecostal and a Unitarian/Jehovah's Witness, I believe that the Trinity-believing Oneness Pentecostal has the advantage over the other as concerning sound doctrine. For the Deity of Christ is a doctrine that is essential to salvation.

You can go to other translations of Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39 and try to comfort yourself by saying that I don't have the Holy Spirit because the translation that you have chosen says it more along the lines of what you want it to say; but I would say that you have heaped up for yourself teachers, in the translators of the version that you have picked, to tell you what your itching ears want to hear.

Yes, there is no biblical substantiation for the critique that has been directed my way. Those who have given the critique have offered none.

I know that at the very least, in the kjv, the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to those who will repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. I think that you will find it to be true in most other translations also.

I think that you would be more inclined to go by the New World Translation...I hold that translation to be faulty.

The fact that I am being attacked by a member of a cult who denies Christ's Deity is a faithful witness that I am being faithful in my preaching.

'nuff said!
Yes, every time that you speak, enough has been said in order to determine that you have never witnessed the power of the Spirit.
You reason like a child JBF, therefore, don't deprecate God's Spirit with your self-justifying delusions.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
No the Holy Spirit does not guide you into all truth.

That promise Jesus made to His disciples and that the Holy Spirit would bring to remembrance EVERYTHING Jesus had told/taught them.

They wrote Scripture ( all truth) not you. The promise was for them , not you.
Hi Christophany.
For your attention by way of refutation:

1Co 2:9-16 But as it is written, Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for them that love him. (10) But God has revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of God. (11) For what man knows the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knows no man, but the Spirit of God. (12) Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. (13) Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Ghost teaches; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. (14) But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (15) But he that is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. (16) For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
God tells us everything—ALL that we need to know. He does not reserve knowledge and wisdom only for the so-called “adepts.” That concept is from the occult (which means hidden), not from the Bible. We are told that if we lack wisdom, He will give it to us. We are told that His people perish for lack of knowledge, so why would He withhold knowledge that we NEED?? The truth is that He doesn’t.

None of us knows fully, but Paul said that we will know fully even as we are fully known. I believe this will be in heaven. In the meantime, like I said, God makes known to us all that we need to know.

BTW, I’m not sure what you did to my quote, but there is a word misspelled that I didn’t misspell, which tells me that my quote was edited by you.
The gifts of God are not given to those who do not study.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Christophany.
For your attention by way of refutation:

1Co 2:9-16 But as it is written, Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for them that love him. (10) But God has revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of God. (11) For what man knows the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knows no man, but the Spirit of God. (12) Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. (13) Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Ghost teaches; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. (14) But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (15) But he that is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. (16) For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
By way of reality and practical application every thread and every denomination and every human being is living proof it applied to the Apostles who wrote Scripture in John 16:13 since no 2 people are in agreement on everything in Scripture (all the truth).

case closed by way of refutation.

next..................................