The Best Approach to Christianity on the Face of the Earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. God is love.
But this is not the kind of love that shacks up with sin.
The Lord our God is not the kind of God who lets us do evil things amongst the body of Christ. The Lord our God is not looking for a lukewarm church that was spewed out of his mouth.

Jesus said if you love me, keep my commandments (John 14:15).
Jesus said, “If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.” (John 15:10).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG

This statement you made below is incorrect.

“No intrusions into the beliefs or opinions of others or their lives,”​

This again leads to living amongst believers who hold to heretical beliefs and or who may be doing horrible sins. Paul mentioned to the Corinthians that if one does not believe in the bodily resurrection then one is denying the resurrection of Jesus Christ (See: 1 Corinthians 15). So this needs to be preached. I don't see this being preached by anyone. Nobody cares. That's the problem. Truth is subjective to the individual or let's not rock the boat too much or we may lose our tithes. Lets not offend anyone by preaching against sin or false beliefs. Granted, we should speak in love while we correct other Christians, but to not know your brother and his beliefs and the way they live (if they may be sinning) is to ignore evil. Believers need to fellowship together in light and goodness. This cannot happen if we turn a blind eye to false beliefs and sin.

I am not going to fellowship with a Christian who thinks the flood was local, and Jonah and Job were just mythical stories. They don't believe the Bible. I am not going to fellowship with unbelievers of God's Word. Then there is Calvinism. I cannot bring myself to fellowship with a Calvinist because their version of god is not the one found in the Bible. The Bible does not describe how God forces some people to be saved while He forces others to not be saved. That's not the god of the Bible. God is good. So again, there has to be a dividing line when it comes to fellowship. Believers are to take a stand for what is good and right because that is what Jesus would do. Jesus did not put up with sin and evil. Remember when Jesus got angry in the temple and overturned the sellers there? Jesus did not ignore their sin and just read Scripture with them peacefully. He rebuked them.

Last edited: