The best is yet to come

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aug 11, 2015
Faith
Country
Canada
Greetings fellow sojourners
We might speak at lengths about the purpose of our journety here below but just one point.
If the development of character (Christ likeness) is one of the objectives then does that mean it has merit on the other side?
Scripture says that our trials and toubles are more precious than gold.
What might that value look like?

I am 60 years young with a wonderfull wife and family.
I am a blue collar worker putting in time watching for His return.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hey 2404,

If the development of character (Christ likeness) is one of the objectives then does that mean it has merit on the other side?
Good question! The whole purpose of the gospel message is dependent on believing and receiving Christ as our Lord and savior by faith. Without salvation through Christ's work on the cross, we do not have the means or ability to be free from the power of sin [which is death] based on our own merits or good works. Growing in respect to that salvation can be where the rubber really meets the road, as we grow and become more like Christ. It's a process and it's an individual walk. God knows every heart as the bible says in Hebrews 4:13 so I don't think it is something that can be measured by merit but rather by a willing, open, pliable heart before God. We throw off every worldly hindrance that gets between us and God because we recognize and understand the significance/ sacrifice of being saved by grace through faith in Christ.

Scripture says that our trials and toubles are more precious than gold. What might that value look like?
I don't think we can put a value on what we learn by going through trials and hardship or tested by fire. The bible tells us that the crucible is made for silver. Proverbs 17:3. When silver is heated in a crucible, the dross floats to the top where it can be easily scooped off. Very much like how God molds us and shapes us through trials and troubles as we allow him to... Each individual is different and sometimes God puts a spot light on a particular weak area in our character by placing us in situations that we really need to learn how to overcome/conquer other wise it tends to reoccur sometime down the line. Again it is all part of our growing in respect to salvation and getting our flesh life in submission to the will of God.

Be Blessed!