Who is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you ever disobey him?
Ahhhh Rabbi, what is the obsession with the obedience of others?
You ask me a question about obeying Jesus and I answered it.....and yet it is not enough for you.

I wonder if you assume a 'greater' obedience.....or is it some other factor.....perhaps that of hoop jumping?

Rabbi Reuben

Dec 20, 2023
NY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Ahhhh Rabbi, what is the obsession with the obedience of others?
You ask me a question about obeying Jesus and I answered it.....and yet it is not enough for you.

I wonder if you assume a 'greater' obedience.....or is it some other factor.....perhaps that of hoop jumping?
I asked you why you obey Jesus of Nazareth?

I am waiting.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Bs"d

Who is the God of Israel? The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?

Christianity is very confused about this. A confusion also caused by bad Bible translations. In almost all translations the four lettered name of God, Y-H-W-H, which appears in the Hebrew Bible almost 7000 times, is not mentioned, but replaced by "the LORD".

But here are some Biblical texts which point out WHO is the God of Israel. In these verses the letters of the name of God are written, like in the original Hebrew.

Exodus 29:46 “They will know that I am Y-H-W-H their God, who brought them out of Egypt so that I might dwell among them. I am Y-H-W-H their God.”

Numbers 15:41 “I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am Y-H-W-H your God.”

Deuteronomy 10:20-21 “Fear Y-H-W-H your God and serve him. Hold fast to him and take your oaths in his name. He is your praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes.”

Joshua 24:18 “We too will serve Y-H-W-H , because he is our God.”

II Samuel 22:32 “For who is God besides Y-H-W-H ?”

I Chronicles 16:14 “He is Y-H-W-H our God; his judgments are in all the earth”

II Chronicles 13:10 “As for us, Y-H-W-H is our God, and we have not forsaken him”

Psalm 31:14 “But I trust in you, O Y-H-W-H; I say, "You are my God.”

Psalm 89:6 “For who in the skies above can compare with Y-H-W-H? Who is like Y-H-W-H among the heavenly beings?”

Psalm 91:2 “I will say of Y-H-W-H , "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

Psalm 100:3 “Know that Y-H-W-H is God. It is he who made us.”

Psalm 105:7 “He is Y-H-W-H our God; his judgments are in all the earth;”

Psalm 118:27 “Y-H-W-H is God, and he has made his light shine upon us.”

Psalm 140:6 “O Y-H-W-H, I say to you, "You are my God”

Isaiah 25:1 “O Y-H-W-H, you are my God.”

Isaiah 41:13 “For I am Y-H-W-H , your God;”

Isaiah 43:3 “For I am Y-H-W-H , your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;”

Isaiah 51:15 “For I am Y-H-W-H your God, who churns up the sea so that its waves roar- Y-H-W-H Almighty is his name”

Jeremiah 3:22-23 “Yes, we will come to you, for you are Y-H-W-H our God”

Jeremiah 10:10 “But Y-H-W-H is the true God; he is the living God, the eternal King.;”

Jeremiah 31:18 “Restore me, and I will return, because you are Y-H-W-H my God.”

Habakkuk 1:12 “O Y-H-W-H, are you not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One, we will not die.”

And is there, except for this God Y-H-W-H, any other god?

Deuteronomy 4:35 “You were shown these things so that you might know that Y-H-W-H is God; besides him there is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:39 “Acknowledge and take to heart this day that Y-H-W-H is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

II Samuel 7:22 “How great you are, O Sovereign Y-H-W-H! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

I Kings 8:60 “so that all the peoples of the earth may know that Y-H-W-H is God and that there is no other.”

I Chronicles 17:20 “There is no one like you, O Y-H-W-H, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

II Chronicles 6:14 “O Y-H-W-H, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven or on earth.”

Nehemiah 9:6 “You alone are Y-H-W-H.”

Isaiah 45:21-23 “You are my witnesses," declares Y-H-W-H, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me."

Isaiah 44:6 “This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 45:5-6 “I am Y-H-W-H , and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me."

Isaiah 45:21-23 “Declare what is to be, present it- let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, Y-H-W-H? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.”

Joel 2:27 “Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am Y-H-W-H your God, and that there is no other;”

Exodus 20:1-3 “And God spoke all these words: "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME.

“You believe in God, ...” - Jesus of Nazareth, a fellow Jew

Glen55

Sep 4, 2015
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
One power can entertain you what ever I AM in your levels of mind a big rumors about all things. Time no problems, vanity fans no problems, timelessness a favorite claim with nothing realty die in eternal woken mind, regrets adious any worries the mind dates is state of mind, dreaming very mysterious possibility that needs impossibly hanging around time followers actually think they win something is hilarious.

Jan 9, 2024
Kitchener
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Canada
Bs"d

Christianity is very confused about this. A confusion also caused by bad Bible translations. In almost all translations the four lettered name of God, Y-H-W-H, which appears in the Hebrew Bible almost 7000 times, is not mentioned, but replaced by "the LORD".

But here are some Biblical texts which point out WHO is the God of Israel. In these verses the letters of the name of God are written, like in the original Hebrew.

Exodus 29:46 “They will know that I am Y-H-W-H their God, who brought them out of Egypt so that I might dwell among them. I am Y-H-W-H their God.”

Numbers 15:41 “I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am Y-H-W-H your God.”

Deuteronomy 10:20-21 “Fear Y-H-W-H your God and serve him. Hold fast to him and take your oaths in his name. He is your praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes.”

II Chronicles 13:10 “As for us, Y-H-W-H is our God, and we have not forsaken him”

Psalm 89:6 “For who in the skies above can compare with Y-H-W-H? Who is like Y-H-W-H among the heavenly beings?”

Psalm 91:2 “I will say of Y-H-W-H , "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

Isaiah 51:15 “For I am Y-H-W-H your God, who churns up the sea so that its waves roar- Y-H-W-H Almighty is his name”

Jeremiah 10:10 “But Y-H-W-H is the true God; he is the living God, the eternal King.;”

Habakkuk 1:12 “O Y-H-W-H, are you not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One, we will not die.”

Deuteronomy 4:35 “You were shown these things so that you might know that Y-H-W-H is God; besides him there is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:39 “Acknowledge and take to heart this day that Y-H-W-H is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

II Samuel 7:22 “How great you are, O Sovereign Y-H-W-H! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

I Kings 8:60 “so that all the peoples of the earth may know that Y-H-W-H is God and that there is no other.”

I Chronicles 17:20 “There is no one like you, O Y-H-W-H, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

II Chronicles 6:14 “O Y-H-W-H, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven or on earth.”

Isaiah 45:21-23 “You are my witnesses," declares Y-H-W-H, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me."

Isaiah 44:6 “This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 45:5-6 “I am Y-H-W-H , and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me."

Isaiah 45:21-23 “Declare what is to be, present it- let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, Y-H-W-H? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.”

Joel 2:27 “Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am Y-H-W-H your God, and that there is no other;”

Exodus 20:1-3 “And God spoke all these words: "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME.

Pope Francis Orders Vatican Archives to Reveal God’s Name Ending Centuries of Secrecy

by R. HOBBUS J.D.

VATICAN CITY - Speaking before a delegation of Jewish leaders at the Vatican on Thursday, Pope Francis revealed he has instructed the Vatican Secret Archives to unseal a set of ancient scrolls that have been kept hidden from public knowledge for centuries by the Church. The scrolls, which were encased in marble and buried in 463 A.D., are said to contain the true name of God as communicated to Moses in the Book of Exodus.

The Pope told an audience during an event celebrating a new version of the Torah that his decision to upend over fifteen hundred years of secrecy was driven in part by a need for “greater transparency” within the Catholic Church. “It is a scandal to say one thing and do another,” declared Pope Francis before adding that the Church is “leading a double life” by continuing to keep God’s name secret.

A source inside the Vatican Secret Archives told Sky News that the Church first became aware of the scrolls’ existence in the fifth century. “The scrolls were uncovered by the Romans during siege of Jerusalem and the subsequent destruction of the Temple in 70 A.D. Nearly four centuries came to pass before Rome would hand over control of the scrolls to the Church in 463 A.D.,” the source explained. “Upon inspection, Pope St. Hilarius issued a decree striking any mention of God’s name from official Church literature.”

According to Exodus 3:14, when the Lord appeared to Moses as a burning bush, He referred to Himself in the Hebrew tongue as “Yaweh,” meaning, “I am who I am.” However, the Holy See now says that was only part of God’s message to Moses, the Vatican source told Sky News. “He then followed up with, ‘And I am [ true name ].’ That final word is what the Holy See plans to make known to the world.”

As to why the Catholic Church has gone to such great lengths to keep God’s true name a secret remains unknown. What is clear is that the Papacy has maintained an unbroken chain of communication in regards to the matter dating back to 468 A.D. “In keeping with tradition, each successive Pope since Hilarius has been made aware of the Lord’s name,” Vatican spokesman Greg Burke confirmed on Friday.

Jan 9, 2024
Kitchener
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Canada
Bs"d

Not Yahweh (Y-H-W-H).

Yahweh is a DESERT PAGAN God :

Reactions: rockytopva

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No doubt about that…..the Hebrew Scriptures tell us exactly who the God of Israel is.
Jesus said that his Father is “The only true God”, which as a Jew, Jesus could only confess that YHWH is the God of Israel. These men were part of his own heritage, coming from the tribe of Judah. No one can claim that his lineage is not authentic. We have two lines in our scripture leading back to David.
First century Jews hailed Jesus as “the son of David”. (Matt 21:9, quoting Pslam 118: 25-26)
No, “Christendom” is confused about this…..Christendom is a mangled mess, masquerading as “Christianity”. They can never seem to agree about anything…but that one thing.

A title is not a name, and God, though has a few titles, he only has one name, which we see in Exodus 3:13-15…..God gave Moses his name (YHWH) and it’s meaning…(”I Will Be What I Will Be”)….

As the Bible’s author, he would never approve of his name being removed from his own work and replaced with just “The Author”…..which is what has happened to many Bible translations…..taking the most illustrious name in existence and removing it from public view…..how disrespectful!
To render Psalm 83:18 without the divine name is ridiculous! His name is not “The LORD”.

So can you answer a question for me? If the Tanakh says that YHWH is God’s name “forever”, and that it is his “memorial” or ‘how he is to be remembered’ for all generations to come, why did Israel stop using God’s name in their speech, long before Jesus came….but retained it in their texts? I have heard some explanations concerning this, but would be interested in your perspective.

This practice, to omit the divine name and replace it with a title, was adopted by Christendom’s Bible translators, with the end result that the title “Lord” came to mean “God” when it is not his name, nor is the title “Lord“ exclusive to YHWH. This opened the way for Jesus to be seen as “God incarnate”, when he knew well that claiming to be YHWH would have been blasphemous.…their Messiah would never have been a blasphemer.

In John 10:31-36, (read in Greek) we can see that the Jews were not accusing Jesus of claiming to be “God”, but of simply claiming to be the divine “son of God” which he acknowledged plainly. Not once did he ever claim to be YHWH come in the flesh…..

The word “theos” in Greek can mean any ‘god or goddess, a deity or divine one’. Jesus was “sent” from God as he said, (John 17:3) but “the only true God“, Jesus identified as his God and Father.

And these texts in a correctly translated Bible will say the same thing, although the English translation (Jehovah) is often used instead of the transliteration (Yahweh). Since God is the creator of language we believe that he knows his name in all languages, just as hears prayer in all languages.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheHC

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bs"d

Hello Eliyahu613, Great post,

Was Jesus Christ the “LORD” of the Old Testament? Who was the "LORD" or the "YHVH" of the Old Testament? Is there proof in the Old Testament that the One who became Jesus Christ "pre-existed," and that He was also "God"? Just what do we mean by the term "GOD," anyway? From the very beginning of the Church, during New Testament times, a struggle arose concerning the identity and definition of "God."

From the beginning it was fundamental, basic doctrine that there was and is "only one God." Yet, Christians worshipped Christ, and Christ said He came to reveal the "Father." Obviously, two individuals were being worshipped as "God" -- the Saviour and Redeemer of Mankind, whose very name, "Immanuel," means "God with us" (Matt.1:23) -- and remember, God names people according to WHO OR WHAT THEY ARE -- and the One whom Jesus addressed as the "Father." Jesus Himself said, "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does" (John 5:19-20). Jesus also declared, "No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father" (John 6:46). If these words are literally true -- and they must be -- then the One whom Moses saw, and the seventy elders of the children of Israel, could not have been the divine Father (Exodus 24:9-10; 33:15-23). Who, then, could it have been? Jesus said to the Jews, "I am not here on my own, but he who sent me is true. You do not know him, but I know him because I am from him and he sent me" (John 7:28-29).

Jesus actually claimed, many times, that He came from God. He said, "I am the living bread that came down from heaven" (John 6:41, 51, 58). The One who send another is greater than the One who is sent. Even so, Jesus acknowledged to His 50 disciples, "The Father is greater than I" (John 14:26). Was Jesus Christ, in His pre-existent form, the God of Israel who revealed Himself to Moses at the burning bush, and said His name was the "I AM," the LORD, the YHVH, "Yahveh"? Was Jesus Christ the One who led Israel out of Egypt, through the Red Sea, who as a "man of war" overthrew Pharaoh and his army in the Red Sea, and who gave the Ten Commandments to Israel and entered into a covenant with them?

By William F. Dankenbring Chapter 4 Was Jesus Christ the “LORD” of the Old Testament?

To be continued

Love, Walter And Debbie

Last edited:

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friday 1-12-24 6th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Tevet 29 5784, 23rd. Winter Day

By William F. Dankenbring Continued

What other conclusion can we come to? Jesus was the Word, or "Logos" of God, who came down from heaven and became mortal, to suffer and die for our sins, that we might be reconciled to the Father (John 1:1-3). The apostle Paul wrote, "For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers, that our forefathers were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. They all ate and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and THAT ROCK WAS CHRIST" (I Cor.10:1-4). Here Paul plainly alludes to the fact that Jesus Christ was the "Rock" who led Israel out of Egypt. How could this have been true if Christ had no pre-existence, as some say? The term "Rock" is a designation which is applied only to God, the YHVH. David wrote in the Psalms, "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock in whom I take refuge" (Psalm 18:2).

Was the One who became Jesus Christ the GOD of ancient Israel? The Saviour and Redeemer of Israel A number of Scriptures in the Old Testament show that YHVH would come to save Israel Himself -- that YHVH would dwell with Israel personally -- and that YHVH would be the Messiah. Isaiah declared, "In that day they will say, 'Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD [YHVH], we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation" (Isa.25:9). The prophet also wrote, "Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts, 'Be strong, do not fear; your GOD WILL COME, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you" (Isa.35:3-4). It is Christ who will fulfill this Scripture (Rev.19:11-16). This Scripture is a prophecy of the returning Messiah, who is here plainly called "God." "And the glory of the LORD will be revealed, and all mankind together will see it, for the mouth of the LORD has spoken" (Isa.40:5). This also is talking about the Messiah. As Matthew wrote, "They will SEE the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and GREAT GLORY" (Matt.24:30). 51 "See, the Sovereign LORD comes with power, and his arm rules for him. See, his reward is with him, and his recompense accompanies him. He tends his flock like a shepherd: he gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart. He gently leads those that have young" (Isa.40:10-11). This is also a clear reference to the returning Christ. John writes in Revelation,

"The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will reign for ever and ever. And the twenty-four elders, who were seated on their thrones before God, fell on their faces and worshiped God, saying, 'We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign. The nations were angry; and your wrath has come, the time has come for judging the dead, and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your saints and those who reverence your name, both small and great -- and for destroying those who destroy the earth" (Rev.11:15-18). Christ is here called the "Lord God Almighty." He will begin to reign at His second coming. He will project His wrath upon the wicked nations, judge the dead, and reward His servants. This duty the Father has given into the hands of the Son (Luke 19:12-27; Matt.25:14-30; Matt.25:31-46). Jesus said to His disciples, "I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself. And he has given him AUTHORITY TO JUDGE because he is the Son of Man. Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out -- those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned" (John 5:24-29).

To be continued

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bs"d

Hello Again Eliyahu613, How are you all? Just thought this might be an interesting pdf. to share:

Love, Walter

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continue from: By William F. Dankenbring

Only ONE "Saviour" Jesus Christ is plainly called the Saviour in many passages. An angel told Joseph at the conception of Christ, ". . . you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins" (Matt.1:21). Christ is "the Savior of the world" (John 4:42). Paul preached, "God has brought Israel the Savior Jesus, as he promised" (Acts 13:23). Paul goes further, in his letter to Titus, and exclaims, ". . . while we wait for the blessed hope -- the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13). Here he clearly calls Jesus not only our Savior but also "our great God." It is Jesus whose appearing, or return, that we await with bated breath and anxious yearning. Are there two Saviors? Not according to your Bible! There is only ONE Savior - - and that is Jesus Christ! The Father has given that responsibility to Christ. The apostles clearly taught, "Savation is found in NO ONE ELSE, for there is NO OTHER NAME under heaven given to men by which we must be saved" (Acts 4:12). Now notice what Isaiah wrote: Quoting the LORD YHVH, Isaiah declared, "I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is NO savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed -- I, and not some foreign god among you" (Isa.43:11-12). Clearly, then, there is only ONE Savior -- the YHVH, the One who BECAME Jesus 52 Christ! Again, Isaiah quotes God as saying, "And there is no God apart from me, a righeous God and a Savior; there is none but me. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am GOD, and there is no other" (Isa.45:21-22).

The reason the One who became Christ says, here, that only He is God and there is no other is not because the Father did not also exist, but because the Father had not been revealed to the world at this time. The Father's identity and existence had been hidden, and was not to be revealed until Christ came and revealed Him! Isaiah continues along this theme, "The LORD has made proclamation to the ends of the earth; 'Say to the Daughter of Zion, "See, your Savior comes! See, his reward is with him, and his recompense accompanies him"'"(Isa.62:11). Notice also the plain and clear statement in Jeremiah: "The days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will raise up to David a righteous Branch, a King who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land. In his days Judah will be saved and Israel will live in safety. This is the NAME by which he will be called: The LORD Our Righteousness" (Jer.23:5-8; see also Jer.33:14-16). What could be clearer than this? Christ is plainly called "The LORD [YHVH] Our Righteousness," and God always names individuals what they are! Jeremiah also tells us, "Yet their Redeemer is strong; the LORD Almighty is his name" (Jer.50:34). In many Scriptures the LORD is referred to as our Redeemer (Isa.41:14; 43;14; 44:6, 24; 47:4; 59:20; 60:16, etc.). Who is our Redeemer? The disciples said to Jesus, whom they did not recognize, after His resurrection, about Christ: ". . . and they crucified him, but we had hoped that he was the one who was going to REDEEM Israel" (Luke 24:20-21). Jesus Christ "redeemed us to God" by His shed blood (Rev.5:9). He is therefore YHVH, the Redeemer! Ezekiel the Prophet Tells Us Plainly The prophet Ezekiel explains that the new Temple which is to be built after the return of the Messiah will have an outer gate facing eastward. Ezekiel was told, "This gate is to remain shut. It must not be opened; no one may enter through it. It is to remain shut because the LORD, the God of Israel, has entered through it" (Ezek.44:2).

Christ will enter His Temple when He returns (Mal.3:1). The Father will still be in heaven at this time. Therefore, it should be crystal clear that Ezekiel is here calling Christ, the Messiah, who returns to the Temple, "the LORD, the God of Israel." Interestingly, at that time the city of Jerusalem will also have another name. Ezekiel says, "And the name of the city from that time on will be: THE LORD IS THERE" (Ezek.48:35). Which "LORD" or YHVH will be there at that time? Christ the Messiah! 53 Joel is also very explicit in referring to the returning warrior-king, the Christ, as the YHVH or LORD. This prophet exclaims, prophetically of the second coming, "Come quickly, all you nations from every side, and assemble there. Bring down your warriors, O LORD! Let the nations be roused; let them advance into the Valley of Jehoshaphat, for therre I will sit to judge all the nations on every side" (Joel 3:11-12). This clearly refers to Christ returning at the head of a huge army of angelic warriors, the same as we find described in Matthew 24:30-31 and Revelation 19:11-16. Jude also referred to this truth, when he wrote: "Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men: 'See, the LORD is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones to judge everyone, and to convict all the ungodly of all the ungodly acts they have done in the ungodly way, and of all the harsh words ungodly sinners have spoken against him" (Jude 14-15).

To be continued

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Was Jesus Christ the “LORD” of the Old Testament? Who was the "LORD" or the "YHVH" of the Old Testament? Is there proof in the Old Testament that the One who became Jesus Christ "pre-existed," and that He was also "God"?
Jesus himself said that he “came down from heaven” ‘not to do his own will but to do the will of his Father’. and that his Father, whom he called “the only true God” had “sent” him. (John 17:3)
In Acts 4:27 the apostles call Jesus, God’s “holy servant”…..And Jesus said clearly that he was subordinate to the Father, who is also his God. (John 20:17; Rev 3:12)
There is nothing but supposition to indicate that “the LORD YHWH” ever referred to Jesus. No direct statement exists, which is why this issue is so contentious. If there was a clear reference even in one statement, it would be settled once and for all.
Just what do we mean by the term "GOD," anyway? From the very beginning of the Church, during New Testament times, a struggle arose concerning the identity and definition of "God."
And here we have a clue about what Jesus foretold about the “wheat and the weeds”.
”The church”, from the second century onwards, began to decline spiritually as men infiltrated the congregations to draw off disciples for themselves. By the time of the Roman conquest, “Christianity” was a shadow of its former self, adopting beliefs and practices that Christ never taught.
When an astute Emperor saw a way to consolidate his religiously divided empire, he acted to mandate one state religion for all…..Roman Catholicism was born and with it, the absolute corruption of the Christian faith. It was a fusion of pagan Roman sun worship with elements of Christianity holding it together for those who were happy to settle for this counterfeit religion. Pagan festivals with “Christian” labels are still celebrated in Christendom today.

There was little struggle as those who fought the onslaught were eliminated and silenced. The weeds had taken over the church and it’s doctrines still persist to this day, accepted as Christian truth, because the church made sure that no one could question them or their doctrines. They forbade owning a copy or reading the Scriptures……Something that was reserved only for the priests. It’s the reason why Martin Luther could take his church to task over their corrupt interpretation of scripture….he knew what the Bible said.
From the beginning it was fundamental, basic doctrine that there was and is "only one God." Yet, Christians worshipped Christ, and Christ said He came to reveal the "Father." Obviously, two individuals were being worshipped as "God" -- the Saviour and Redeemer of Mankind, whose very name, "Immanuel," means "God with us" (Matt.1:23) -- and remember, God names people according to WHO OR WHAT THEY ARE -- and the One whom Jesus addressed as the "Father." Jesus Himself said, "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does" (John 5:19-20). Jesus also declared, "No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father" (John 6:46). If these words are literally true -- and they must be -- then the One whom Moses saw, and the seventy elders of the children of Israel, could not have been the divine Father (Exodus 24:9-10; 33:15-23). Who, then, could it have been? Jesus said to the Jews, "I am not here on my own, but he who sent me is true. You do not know him, but I know him because I am from him and he sent me" (John 7:28-29).

Jesus actually claimed, many times, that He came from God. He said, "I am the living bread that came down from heaven" (John 6:41, 51, 58). The One who send another is greater than the One who is sent. Even so, Jesus acknowledged to His 50 disciples, "The Father is greater than I" (John 14:26).
Just to be accurate, Christ never once asked to be “worshipped”. He accepted “obeisance” (same word “pro·sky·neʹo”, but context determines the meaning) as a mark of respect for who he was (the divine son of God…..his Father’s representative) but never did he accept “worship”, as it would have been blasphemous and a clear breach of the First Commandment.
He told the devil that worship was only to be given to the Father. (Luke 4:5-8)

“Pro·sky·neʹo” when rendered to God is “worship”, but when rendered to a man, it is ”obeisance”.
Jesus was a man.….”the last Adam” who had to die the same death as ‘the first Adam’ to redeem mankind…..if he was God incarnate, then he was immortal and could not die. If Jesus did not really die, then the ransom was not paid and we still are condemned in our sins. Can mere humans kill God?

All that was said there in the quote above is correct but then there is a complete shift in the next statements….
Was Jesus Christ, in His pre-existent form, the God of Israel who revealed Himself to Moses at the burning bush, and said His name was the "I AM," the LORD, the YHVH, "Yahveh"? Was Jesus Christ the One who led Israel out of Egypt, through the Red Sea, who as a "man of war" overthrew Pharaoh and his army in the Red Sea, and who gave the Ten Commandments to Israel and entered into a covenant with them?
The answer is NO.….Jesus was not “the God of Israel”….Jesus was what he has been from the beginning….”the son of God”. He only ever said he was God’s son.

As “the LOGOS” (“the Word” or one who spoke God’s words) the son was his Father’s spokesman and representative to humans on earth. It was very likely the pre-human Jesus who spoke with Moses at the burning bush….provided the means to communicate with Moses in the Tabernacle.…and guided Israel with “a pillar of cloud by day, and a pillar of fire by night” to guide the sons of Israel through the wilderness.

Just because he had a pre-existence, doesn’t make him God. And just because he is called “theos” in Greek, doesn’t make him God either. “Theos” doesn’t just mean YHWH.…it has a much broader meaning as indicated by Jesus in John 10:31-36…..where YHWH himself called the judges in Israel “gods” (theos) so according to my own studies, Christendom has this all wrong….

The “weeds” have overtaken the masses, but they have not conquered the “wheat”. There is a reason why “few” will be found on ‘the road to life’. (Matt 7:13-14; 21-23)

Last edited:

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bs"d

Greetings….

I believe it is written YHVH this is present in many acrostics.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continued By William F. Dankenbring

The Messiah as YHVH Personally Isaiah foretold, "A voice of one calling: 'In the desert prepare the way for the LORD; make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God" (Isa.40:3). John the Baptist fulfilled that role, crying in the deserts of Judea, preparing the way for Christ (John 1:23, 29-30). Therefore, Christ and the LORD must be identical! In Isaiah 9:6 we also read: "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called, Wonderful, Counselor, MIGHTY GOD, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." This child obviously refers to Jesus Christ -- and He is here identified as "Mighty GOD." Compare this statement with Isaiah 10:21 -- "A remnant will return, a remnant of Jacob will return to the Mighty God."

In Micah 5:2 we read further: "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times." Paul wrote to the Colossians, "For in Christ all the FULLNESS OF THE DEITY lives in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority" (Col.2:9-10). The Throne of YHVH Isaiah records that he actually saw the LORD. He declared, "In the year that king Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another: 'Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.' At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke. 'Woe to me!' I cried, 'I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and MY EYES HAVE SEEN the King, the LORD Almighty" (Isa.6:1-5). 54 The apostle John tells us that no one has seen the Father at any time (John 6:46). John also wrote, "No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known" (John 1:18).

Putting these verses together, then, it becomes perfectly clear that the LORD Almighty whom Isaiah says he clearly saw, was none other than the One who became Jesus Christ! The writers of the New Testament applied many classic passages in the Old Testament which referred to YHVH directly to Christ. Both YHVH and Christ are the "shepherd" (Psalm 23:1; Isa.40:1-11; John 10:1-14; Heb.13:20; I Pet.2:25, 5:4). Both YHVH and Christ are referred to as the JUDGE at the last day (Psalm 50:1-6; II Thess.1:7-10). Both YHVH and Christ are referred to as leading captives (Psalm 68:15-18; Eph.4:8). Both are also regarded as the "stumbling stone" or "rock of offense" (Isa.8:12-15; I Peter 2:8). Both YHVH and Christ are identified as bringing their reward with them (Isa.40:9-11; 62:11-12; Rev.22:12). Both are known as the "Holy One" (Isa.43:3; Acts 3:14). Both YHVH and Christ are called "the first and the last" (Isa.44:6; Rev.1:7-8, 17-18; 2:8; 22:13). Both the LORD of the Old Testament and Christ are also known as "the searcher of the mind and heart" (Jer.11:20; 17:10; 20:12; Rev.2:23). Both are also known as the "branch" (Jer.23:5; Zech.3:8, 6;12). Both are also known as the "messenger of the covenant" (Mal.3:1-2; Matt.11:10). Both are also identified as the one whom we are to call upon their name for deliverance (Joel 2:32; Rom.10:9-15).

Love, Walter And Debbie

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus himself said that he “came down from heaven” ‘not to do his own will but to do the will of his Father’. and that his Father, whom he called “the only true God” had “sent” him. (John 17:3)
In Acts 4:27 the apostles call Jesus, God’s “holy servant”…..And Jesus said clearly that he was subordinate to the Father, who is also his God. (John 20:17; Rev 3:12)
There is nothing but supposition to indicate that “the LORD YHWH” ever referred to Jesus. No direct statement exists, which is why this issue is so contentious. If there was a clear reference even in one statement, it would be settled once and for all.

And here we have a clue about what Jesus foretold about the “wheat and the weeds”.
”The church”, from the second century onwards, began to decline spiritually as men infiltrated the congregations to draw off disciples for themselves. By the time of the Roman conquest, “Christianity” was a shadow of its former self, adopting beliefs and practices that Christ never taught.
When an astute Emperor saw a way to consolidate his religiously divided empire, he acted to mandate one state religion for all…..Roman Catholicism was born and with it, the absolute corruption of the Christian faith. It was a fusion of pagan Roman sun worship with elements of Christianity holding it together for those who were happy to settle for this counterfeit religion. Pagan festivals with “Christian” labels are still celebrated in Christendom today.

There was little struggle as those who fought the onslaught were eliminated and silenced. The weeds had taken over the church and it’s doctrines still persist to this day, accepted as Christian truth, because the church made sure that no one could question them or their doctrines. They forbade owning a copy or reading the Scriptures……Something that was reserved only for the priests. It’s the reason why Martin Luther could take his church to task over their corrupt interpretation of scripture….he knew what the Bible said.

Just to be accurate, Christ never once asked to be “worshipped”. He accepted “obeisance” (same word “pro·sky·neʹo”, but context determines the meaning) as a mark of respect for who he was (the divine son of God…..his Father’s representative) but never did he accept “worship”, as it would have been blasphemous and a clear breach of the First Commandment.
He told the devil that worship was only to be given to the Father. (Luke 4:5-8)

“Pro·sky·neʹo” when rendered to God is “worship”, but when rendered to a man, it is ”obeisance”.
Jesus was a man.….”the last Adam” who had to die the same death as ‘the first Adam’ to redeem mankind…..if he was God incarnate, then he was immortal and could not die. If Jesus did not really die, then the ransom was not paid and we still are condemned in our sins. Can mere humans kill God?

All that was said there in the quote above is correct but then there is a complete shift in the next statements….

The answer is NO.….Jesus was not “the God of Israel”….Jesus was what he has been from the beginning….”the son of God”. He only ever said he was God’s son.

As “the LOGOS” (“the Word” or one who spoke God’s words) the son was his Father’s spokesman and representative to humans on earth. It was very likely the pre-3human Jesus who spoke with Moses at the burning bush….provided the means to communicate with Moses in the Tabernacle.…and guided Israel with “a pillar of cloud by day, and a pillar of fire by night” to guide the sons of Israel through the wilderness.

Just because he had a pre-existence, doesn’t make him God. And just because he is called “theos” in Greek, doesn’t make him God either. “Theos” doesn’t just mean YHWH.…it has a much broader meaning as indicated by Jesus in John 10:31-36…..where YHWH himself called the judges in Israel “gods” (theos) so according to my own studies, Christendom has this all wrong….

The “weeds” have overtaken the masses, but they have not conquered the “wheat”. There is a reason why “few” will be found on ‘the road to life’. (Matt 7:13-14; 21-23)
Thank you Aunty Jane