The Blended Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
tom55,

My objection to the Catholic churches ii they do not teach the true gospel not their structure of authority.

Like the various other sects of Christianity they teach itching humans what they want to hear and not the truth. Even that is not palatable to some which is why there is a multitude of different sects, even Catholics.

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
kerwin said:
tom55,

My objection to the Catholic churches ii they do not teach the true gospel not their structure of authority.

Like the various other sects of Christianity they teach itching humans what they want to hear and not the truth. Even that is not palatable to some which is why there is a multitude of different sects, even Catholics.
So who does teach the "true gospel"?

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
tom55 said:
Read the Gospels for yourself, they are very clear..the words of Jesus are very very clear...why you need someone to teach you? That is the problem, there are so many false teachers out there, the vast majority of "christian" churches qualify for this category. Pray about it and read it for yourself!

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
Neither is there one of you hear who have the gospel of the Messiah. You, have the gospel of plastic Jesus. Worship your own version of God.

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
"So many people reject the biblical God after reading things they don't like in the bible; then go on still thinking they are believers. Believers in who if not the biblical God?"

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see the same thing that these verse are saying right here on this forum.

1 Cor 1:11-12
11 For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe's household, that there are contentions among you.
12 Now I say this, that each of you says, "I am of Paul," or "I am of Apollos," or "I am of Cephas," or "I am of Christ."
NKJV - Cephas = Peter

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
tom55 said:
Sorry, I cannot help you there as far as humans are concerned. It may be the dragon consumed the woman long ago but since Revelations states she is hidden then I am confident that she is indeed hidden to this day. It is possible she has started to emerge and I just have not heard about it. I do the dragon still wars against her offspring that are scattered among the nations.

Her children are conceived, born, and nourished by the word of God and by his Spirit.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
kerwin said:
Sorry, I cannot help you there as far as humans are concerned. It may be the dragon consumed the woman long ago but since Revelations states she is hidden then I am confident that she is indeed hidden to this day. It is possible she has started to emerge and I just have not heard about it. I do the dragon still wars against her offspring that are scattered among the nations.

Her children are conceived, born, and nourished by the word of God and by his Spirit.
Jesus taught the true Gospel....read His words...they are easy to understand....that is the only instruction one needs...the words of the Master, our Lord and Saviour.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
Heretoeternity,

That is not correct as without the Spirit no one can obey the Law of Love.

One needs to be instructed on how to receive and walk according to the Spirit. In short the true gospel must be preach and a church must be formed.

There are the children of the gospel that lack the church but are spread throughout the nations. Woe are they for it is they they dragon seeks to devour while the church is beyond him. That one is in Revelations and those children have need of its encouragement.

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
kerwin said:

If you are going to say that the Catholic Church does not teach the true gospel then you must know WHO teaches the "true gospel" if you know that the Catholic Church doesn't.

Who teaches the true gospel?

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
H. Richard said:
The Holy Spirit
How did we get the gospel (scripture)?

Thru MEN via the Holy Spirit.

So is it POSSIBLE the men of the Catholic Church are teaching the true gospel thru the Holy Spirit?

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
heretoeternity said:
Jesus taught the true Gospel....read His words...they are easy to understand....that is the only instruction one needs...the words of the Master, our Lord and Saviour.
Scripture says opposite of what you believe: There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
kerwin said:
Heretoeternity,

That is not correct as without the Spirit no one can obey the Law of Love.

One needs to be instructed on how to receive and walk according to the Spirit. In short the true gospel must be preach and a church must be formed.

There are the children of the gospel that lack the church but are spread throughout the nations. Woe are they for it is they they dragon seeks to devour while the church is beyond him. That one is in Revelations and those children have need of its encouragement.
Who has the authority to properly instruct (teach) me or you on how to receive and walk according to the Spirit?

Who has the authority to say that I am currently walking according to the Spirit? Where are the guidelines in scripture to let us know who is walking according to the Spirit?

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
tom55 said:
Scripture says opposite of what you believe: There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.

You are quoting 2nd Peter 3, on which he comments on Paul's writings....you should stick to the words of Jesus in the Gospels, they are very easy to understand, and set the rules of salvation for anyone who cares to read them.

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
heretoeternity said:

You are quoting 2nd Peter 3, on which he comments on Paul's writings....you should stick to the words of Jesus in the Gospels, they are very easy to understand, and set the rules of salvation for anyone who cares to read them.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

If Jesus words are so easy to understand why is there such controversy over those 26 words?

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
tom55 said:
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

If Jesus words are so easy to understand why is there such controversy over those 26 words?
The only controversy is human stupidity in creating controversy....people who take the words out of context, and continue to look for ways to avoid keeping Jesus words, instead of looking for ways to keep them....sounds like you need to pray to God for understanding of the Gospels, so you will be better equipped, instead of using your own human knowledge..

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
heretoeternity said:
The only controversy is human stupidity in creating controversy....people who take the words out of context, and continue to look for ways to avoid keeping Jesus words, instead of looking for ways to keep them....sounds like you need to pray to God for understanding of the Gospels, so you will be better equipped, instead of using your own human knowledge..
Human stupidity creating controversy?

People who take words out of context?

According to you, since you believe his words are easy to understand, what is the context of those words by Jesus? Are we eating his flesh and drinking his blood like he says or is it just a metaphor?