The 'blessed virgin Mary'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did you leave out the rest of my post when quoting me ...
I didn't. I gave ellipses. I was addressing the first part first. Why did you ignore my entire post altogether and the evidences I provided?

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...as in "held in reverence: VENERATED," by the angel, Gabriel, ...
The text nowhere says that, at all. You made it up. "Hail" is just a glad "salutation", a happy greeting, see Act_15:23, Act_23:26, Jas_1:1, Mat_26:49, Mat_27:29, Mat_28:9, Mar_15:18, Luk_1:28, Joh_19:3, etc.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did you leave out the rest of my post when quoting me? Here it is in full: Only Mary of Joseph was called "blessed among women," as in "held in reverence: VENERATED," by the angel, Gabriel, which is why he greeted Her with the word "hail," as in "praise." (Lk. 1:28;30), and all generations shall call Her blessed in this way. (Lk. 1:48)

Jesus said John the Baptist was greater than Mary - unless of course Mary wasn’t born from her mother:

Mat 11:11 Truly, I say to you, among those born of women there has arisen no one greater than John the Baptist. Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

So we know two facts: Jesus has many mothers, not just Mary.

And that John the Baptist was greater than Mary.

But I won’t pray to John, either.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The text nowhere says that, at all. You made it up. "Hail" is just a glad "salutation", a happy greeting, see Act_15:23, Act_23:26, Jas_1:1, Mat_26:49, Mat_27:29, Mat_28:9, Mar_15:18, Luk_1:28, Joh_19:3, etc.
Hail hail the gangs all here! <—- an old song.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hail hail the gangs all here! <—- an old song.
I know another 'hail' that the Bishops, Cardinals and even Pope of Rome would say, "Heil Hitler".

Catholicism Heil Hitler at DuckDuckGo

priests-hitler.jpg

Catholic Church and Nazi Ustashe Rally in Austria

See also One Evil (Archived):

25 Most Evil People of the 20th Century CE | Adolf Hitler

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm,

Jdg_5:24 Blessed above women shall Jael the wife of Heber the Kenite be, blessed shall she be above women in the tent.​

Jael is higher than Mary according to such strange logic.

Mary is indeed, “blessed” (Luke 1:42,45,48), but so were many woman of scripture who believed and were obedient (Genesis 1:28, 5:2, 30:13; Judges 5:24; 1 Samuel 2:20, 25:32-33, see also the blessed “church in the wilderness”, the great Woman of God, Deuteronomy 28:3,4,5,6; Psalms 89:15, 106:3, 112:1, 119:1,2, 128:1; Proverbs 8:34, 31:28; Isaiah 32:30; Jeremiah 17:7; Malachi 3:12; Romans 4:7-8; Galatians 3:9, etc), for instance, see:

Genesis 30:13 KJB - And Leah said, Happy am I, for the daughters will call me blessed: and she called his name Asher.

Judges 5:24 KJB - Blessed above women shall Jael the wife of Heber the Kenite be, blessed shall she be above women in the tent.

Proverbs 31:28 KJB - Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

Song of Solomon 6:9 KJB - My dove, my undefiled is but one; she is the only one of her mother, she is the choice one of her that bare her. The daughters saw her, and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her.​

Likewise anyone obedient to God, and receptive to His grace:

Psalms 1:1 KJB - Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Psalms 32:1 KJB - A Psalm of David, Maschil. Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
Psalms 118:26 KJB - Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.
Psalms 128:1 KJB - A Song of degrees. Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways.
Isaiah 56:2 KJB - Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
Jeremiah 17:7 KJB - Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.
Matthew 5:3 KJB - Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:4 KJB - Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:5 KJB - Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Matthew 5:6 KJB - Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Matthew 5:7 KJB - Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Matthew 5:8 KJB - Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Matthew 5:9 KJB - Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Matthew 5:10 KJB - Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:11 KJB - Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Matthew 11:6 KJB - And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
Matthew 13:16 KJB - But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
Matthew 24:46 KJB - Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Matthew 25:34 KJB - Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Luke 6:20 KJB - And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.
Luke 6:21 KJB - Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
Luke 6:22 KJB - Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
Luke 7:23 KJB - And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
John 20:29 KJB - Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Revelation 22:7 KJB - Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.​

So that none would mistake the blessing that Mary had, Jesus said:

Luke 11:27 KJB - And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.
Luke 11:28 KJB - But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
Luke 23:39 KJB - For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck.​

Thus, it is the presence of Jesus that is the blessing to those whom He dwells with/in, not that Mary of herself or we are anything. For we are all dust and ashes (Genesis 18:27, 3:19). Mary, of the scriptures, is just the empty house/vessel, as we all are, except Christ Jesus abide within these earthy tabernacles:

1 Corinthians 6:19 KJB - What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
2 Corinthians 5:1 KJB - For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2 Corinthians 5:2 KJB - For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
2 Corinthians 5:3 KJB - If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
2 Corinthians 5:4 KJB - For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
2 Corinthians 5:5 KJB - Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
2 Corinthians 5:6 KJB - Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
2 Peter 1:13 KJB - Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance;
2 Peter 1:14 KJB - Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.​

Oh ya! She is nothing special. I imagine that there are hundreds of women over the years that have delivered and nursed a God.
The mother of the messiah....that saved the world....Nothing special....a lot of women in the Bible are more important. I would guess she is nothing special to Christ either....died like the rest of us and on judgement day she will stand with the rest of us and be judged to heaven or hell....What'ha think?

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a fact only Mary of Joseph was overshadowed by the power of God and conceived and gave birth to "the Holy" (Lk. 1:35, cf. Is. 43:15): God incarnate.

So, according to your interpretation, John the Baptist is greater than even Jesus, also born of a woman, despite John admitting he is unworthy to untie His sandals. (Lk. 3:16, Jn 1:27)

If that’s what it means, fine. Jesus also said that the Father was greater than He was, in His role of a humble servant.

Either way, whether it does or doesn’t include Jesus , it unequivocally means John was greater than Mary.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh ya! She is nothing special. I imagine that there are hundreds of women over the years that have delivered and nursed a God.
The mother of the messiah....that saved the world....Nothing special....a lot of women in the Bible are more important. I would guess she is nothing special to Christ either....died like the rest of us and on judgement day she will stand with the rest of us and be judged to heaven or hell....What'ha think?
Mary birthed Jesus, the man, not God.

To be born as a human Jesus first emptied Himself. That’s why the Bible never once refers to Mary as anything other than THE MOTHER OF JESUS. and never the mother of God.

God has no mommy - but Jesus’ body did.

Php 2:5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,

Php 2:6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,

Php 2:7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.

Php 2:8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that is what it means? No, that is what it means based on your interpretation. How can you believe John the Baptist was greater than Jesus?

The part about whether it also applies to Jesus IS IRRELEVANT to the fact that IT DOES APPLY FOR SURE TO MARY.

Your effort to sidetrack the meaning of the passage and it’s definite application to Mary and every other person on earth, with the possible exception of Jesus, is duly noted, and rejected.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary birthed Jesus, the man, not God.
There are probably some here that believe Christ is a God....that is except the Jehovah's Witnesses.

God has no mommy - but Jesus’ body did.
Matthew 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

There are probably a couple dozen of these scriptures....not that it matters to you...and if you are denying the deity of Christ you and I are not in the same religion so there is no reason to debate two different religions.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your interpretation of Mt.11:11 means you not only believe John the Baptist was greater than Mary of Joseph but Jesus as well. That is heresy.

Jesus’ own words are heresy? Take it up with Him.

Words have meaning, and He said those words, not me.

Personally I doubt it includes Jesus BUT IT DOES INCLUDE MARY and your continued effort to sidetrack that fact, remains duly noted, and is still rejected.

Shalom

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are probably some here that believe Christ is a God....that is except the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Matthew 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

There are probably a couple dozen of these scriptures....not that it matters to you...and if you are denying the deity of Christ you and I are not in the same religion so there is no reason to debate two different religions.

Jesus is God by nature, but His Godhood was not created in her womb - his mortal body was.and scripture still says He laid aside the glory and power of God to be born a man and humble servant, and He did all His miracles after, and by, receiving the Holy Spirit Acts 10:38.

God still has no mommy - but the son of man does - which is how Jesus most often referred to Himself as.

Calling her the mother of God is used to put her on an idolatrous pedestal.

Do not go beyond what is written, says scripture- and scripture calls Mary the mother of Jesus.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is God by nature, but His Godhood was not created in her womb - his mortal body was.and scripture still says He laid aside the glory and power of God to be born a man and humble servant, and He did all His miracles after, and by, receiving the Holy Spirit Acts 10:38.

God still has no mommy - but the son of man does - which is how Jesus most often referred to Himself as.

Do not go beyond what is written, says scripture- and scripture calls Mary the mother of Jesus.

You and I are not the same religion. So talk to the hand...you are on ignore.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

wow this post reminds me of a old t.v show i watched as a kid LOST IN SPACE your theology lost me its way out in space

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said in Revelation....
I am He who was, who is, and who is to come.
“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.”
— Revelation 1:8 (KJV)
“And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.”
— Revelation 21:6 (KJV)
Revelation 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁴ John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

⁸ I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Jesus was here at the beginning.....before Mary was born.
Now you naturally assume He was present in Spirit....
But God in His wisdom, knowledge and understanding had to devise a plan to redeem mankind from the fall of Adam and Eve...
In His wisdom He had to determine what lineage He wanted to use to manifest Jesus in the flesh.
And it began with the covenant God made with Abraham....so IMHO....the lineage of Mary was very important and that it had no generational curses that could be passed on to her....so her ancestors had to be just as upright and holy as she was.
God's timing was crucial as well....to fulfill prophesy about the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple....
So Mary was predestined by God to fulfill His prophesy of the Messiah being born of a virgin....and be of the right lineage, and be born at the right time frame....
It wasn't because Mary was any more special than other women of God...it is just that she was born according to God's requirements that Jesus would be made manifest in the flesh.

(Rambling on i guess I will stop now)

Reactions: Grailhunter

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acording to your interpretation of Mt. 11:11, John the Baptist was greater than Mary of Joseph, but that includes Jesus as well because He was born of a woman. You say, "I personally doubt it includes Jesus...," without giving a reason, to avoid committing to a heretical belief. You are dishonest, cowardly, and applying a double standard.
Jesus was here at the beginning of creation....long before Mary was born.

Reactions: rockytopva

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I meant what I said.

She is nothing special.
You added words to what I said, and thus I never said what you implied. If you are simply going to resort to this level (basement) of response, then I do not know why I would continue with you. However, of course Mary was special. So was Eve. So was Sarah. So was Elizabeth. So is the bride of Christ. They are unique in their own way.

I imagine that there are hundreds of women over the years that have delivered and nursed a God.
Depends on what you mean by "a God". See Psalms 82 & John 10 for instance.

If you simply mean that Mary was chosen by God's grace to be the recipient of the Son of the Father for a short time, then yes, she was the only one like that, but every Christian is also so chosen by God's grace to have Christ Jesus born in them by the same Holy Ghost/Spirit.

The mother of the messiah.
Yes, Mary was the chosen woman by God's grace to be the mother of the Messiah.

...that saved the world....
Those who choose to accept His offer will be saved, that is for certain.

Nothing special....
Did I ever utter those words? I see them coming from your response, not mine.

a lot of women in the Bible are more important.
By adding the word "more" you added a thought to my words which is non existent. A lot of the women of the Bible are important. Without Eve, Mary would have no existence, as Eve is the mother of all living. Without Noah's wife, Mary would have no existence. Just looking at the genealogy in Matthew and Luke, etc, many women were needful and are important, like Ruth, like Bathsheba, etc. Without Elizabeth, there would be no John the Baptist, and thus no herald to Jesus. Without Levi's wife, there would be no lineage to Elizabeth. All are important, all needful. The relationship is mutual, each needing the other.

I would guess she is nothing special to Christ either.
Jesus made the distinction clear in the Temple:

Luk_2:49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?​

Jesus made it clear when speaking to His disciples when Jesus' mother and sons of Joseph were confused about their roles in his life:

Mat_12:48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
Mar_3:33 And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?​

Jesus made it clear directly to her:

Joh_2:4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.​

Jesus made it clear to those listening to Him:

Luk 11:27 And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.
Luk 11:28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.​

...died like the rest of us
Indeed, and more than likely buried by John the Apostle.

and on judgement
She is judged now, since Jesus moved into the Most Holy Place of the Heavenly Sanctuary. See Hebrews 9:27; Revelation 14:7; Ecclesiastes 3:17, 12:13-14.

day she will stand with the rest of us
She will stand with those who overcame.

and be judged to heaven or hell....What'ha think?
Doesn't matter what I think. It only matters what Scripture says - Isaiah 8:20. Mary will be (not yet there except as a name written down) in the First Resurrection, and enter to Heaven with all the saints together (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was talking to Curtis about his interpretation of Mt. 11:11 meaning John the Baptist was greater than Jesus.
Yes, I realize you were responding to Curtis...
I am replying to you....
Someone else may also reply to you, or me...
Lol...it's a public forum....
If you desire a private one on one you can use the private conversation function.
God Bless

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm,

Jdg_5:24 Blessed above women shall Jael the wife of Heber the Kenite be, blessed shall she be above women in the tent.​

Jael is higher than Mary according to such strange logic.

Mary is indeed, “blessed” (Luke 1:42,45,48), but so were many woman of scripture who believed and were obedient (Genesis 1:28, 5:2, 30:13; Judges 5:24; 1 Samuel 2:20, 25:32-33, see also the blessed “church in the wilderness”, the great Woman of God, Deuteronomy 28:3,4,5,6; Psalms 89:15, 106:3, 112:1, 119:1,2, 128:1; Proverbs 8:34, 31:28; Isaiah 32:30; Jeremiah 17:7; Malachi 3:12; Romans 4:7-8; Galatians 3:9, etc), for instance, see:

Genesis 30:13 KJB - And Leah said, Happy am I, for the daughters will call me blessed: and she called his name Asher.

Judges 5:24 KJB - Blessed above women shall Jael the wife of Heber the Kenite be, blessed shall she be above women in the tent.

Proverbs 31:28 KJB - Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

Song of Solomon 6:9 KJB - My dove, my undefiled is but one; she is the only one of her mother, she is the choice one of her that bare her. The daughters saw her, and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her.​

Likewise anyone obedient to God, and receptive to His grace:

Psalms 1:1 KJB - Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Psalms 32:1 KJB - A Psalm of David, Maschil. Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
Psalms 118:26 KJB - Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.
Psalms 128:1 KJB - A Song of degrees. Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways.
Isaiah 56:2 KJB - Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
Jeremiah 17:7 KJB - Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.
Matthew 5:3 KJB - Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:4 KJB - Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:5 KJB - Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Matthew 5:6 KJB - Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Matthew 5:7 KJB - Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Matthew 5:8 KJB - Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Matthew 5:9 KJB - Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Matthew 5:10 KJB - Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:11 KJB - Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Matthew 11:6 KJB - And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
Matthew 13:16 KJB - But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
Matthew 24:46 KJB - Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Matthew 25:34 KJB - Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Luke 6:20 KJB - And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.
Luke 6:21 KJB - Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
Luke 6:22 KJB - Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
Luke 7:23 KJB - And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
John 20:29 KJB - Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Revelation 22:7 KJB - Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.​

So that none would mistake the blessing that Mary had, Jesus said:

Luke 11:27 KJB - And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.
Luke 11:28 KJB - But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
Luke 23:39 KJB - For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck.​

Thus, it is the presence of Jesus that is the blessing to those whom He dwells with/in, not that Mary of herself or we are anything. For we are all dust and ashes (Genesis 18:27, 3:19). Mary, of the scriptures, is just the empty house/vessel, as we all are, except Christ Jesus abide within these earthy tabernacles:

1 Corinthians 6:19 KJB - What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
2 Corinthians 5:1 KJB - For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2 Corinthians 5:2 KJB - For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
2 Corinthians 5:3 KJB - If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
2 Corinthians 5:4 KJB - For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
2 Corinthians 5:5 KJB - Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
2 Corinthians 5:6 KJB - Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
2 Peter 1:13 KJB - Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance;
2 Peter 1:14 KJB - Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.​
*Ahem*. Anyone going to address this post?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not say or imply I desire a private conversation, rather explained what I was speaking about, since you replied to me about something unrelated.
Esther was blessed and highly favored ....and she was extremely instrumental in saving her people from persecution and destruction....she was blessed and highly favored and became Queen...
At a most perilous time the burden fell on Esther to approach the king..she was very reluctant and afraid...but Mordecai"s words gave her courage..

Esther 4 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁴ For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?

¹⁶ Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish.