The 'blessed virgin Mary'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The so called perpetual virginity of Mary is not Scriptural....

YES, that why i replied to the Post that said Joseph & Mary fulifilled their wedding vow before God.

And God said it was Good = Genesis = God created the marriage bed and ALL that goes with it.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

On a more humorous side of things...........This is strictly for - 'If you were a hippie'

The theme song for a pre-tribr would be by KANSAS, Carry on Wayward Son

The theme song for a post-tribr would be by BlueOysterCult, Don't Fear the Reaper

The theme song for people who do not believe in Heaven or Hell is by Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That man made tradition started in the 18th century. Before that, every Protestant church accepted the PVM. All the early reformers taught the PVM. Rebelling against the reformers makes you a true Protestant.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooo, once again, YOU (a man) follow Jesus.

This is your chance to speak for yourself instead of me attempting to speak for you….

Thanks!

He whom God sent IS my Teacher.
Those whom and what God approved and appointed are also my Teachers.
Jesus IS my Teacher.
Those whom and what Jesus approved and appointed are also my Teachers.
He who IS Jesus’ Father IS my Father.
Jesus’ Church, that Jesus Established, IS a Spiritual Church.
Jesus’ Church, IS also Gods Church.
....Be “A Church”, builded by the hands of men, FOR a gathering of men...
IS: an express Gathering Place;
IN: “A HOUSE DEDICATED EXPRESSLY...TO: The Lord God Almighty.”
FOR: men
* TO: Hear The Word of God...(given the world Through Jesus, Gods Word)
* TO: Praise and Worship The Lord God Almighty...(IN His dedicated House)
* TO: Teach men HOW TO: Become MEMBERS
* OF: “THE SPIRITUAL CHURCH, of God, of Christ Jesus”...
ESTABLISHED ON the Principles;
......Christ IS the Rock Foundation of Jesus’ of Gods Church.
......Christ IS the Head of Jesus’ Church.
ESTABLISHED ON the Knowledge;
......EVERY man IS OFFERED INVITATION TO the House so Dedicated.
......FROM the beginning OF man made Churches, (so Dedicated as A HOUSE unto the Lord God)...(MEN —-> Apostles, Prophets, Teachers, have (and continue) TO Speak, To Teach other men who have Accepted the Invitation to COME and HEAR.
.....AND the men HEARING, ( “the” Apostles, Prophets, Teachers), SHOULD, are ENCOURAGED, TO “VERIFY” WHAT THEY HEAR, BY “READING” the Scriptures, TO SEE IF what they HEAR “IS” TRUE according to the Scriptures.

......Gods WORD OF TRUTH IS JESUS
......Gods POWER IS CHRIST
......Spiritual MEMBERSHIP IN the Lord God Almighty’s CHURCH...
......IS: effected BY “THE WORKS OF THE POWER OF GOD”
......ACCORDING TO; every mans FREEWILL Election TO JOIN
......ACCORDING TO; every mans HEARTFUL Word of Confession of BELIEF
.....IN, The Lord God Almighty.

No Big Mystery. Pretty straight forward.
* Gods Church...Jesus’ Church....Established ON the Rock Foundation of:
“Jesus IS the Christ, the Son of the Living God”.
* Daily (men) ARE ADDED to THE MEMBERSHIP OF the Lord Gods Spiritual Church....BY and THROUGH a mans Freewill Heartful Word of Confession AND the RESPONSE OF the Lord; His Works of the POWER OF GOD, TO INCLUDE that man AS A MEMBER of the Lord Gods Spiritual Church.

* “I” personally have (and have made abundantly clear) “I” FREELY Elected to accept the Lord Gods Offering AND join-ED the Lord Gods Spiritual Church.

Expressly “MY” Church, IS the same as “THE CHURCH” OF Lord God Almighty.
“THE” Church (OF Christ Jesus, OF God), carries NO ADDITIONAL “titles” of:
......Protestant, Baptist, Catholic, Jewish, etc. AS being “THE” Church.

“I” DO HEAR and READ; the “Teachings of Apostles, Prophets, Teachers”.
“I” DO VERIFY; the “TEACHINGS” ... WITH Scripture.
Scriptures that DO NOT VERIFY ... WHAT the Teachers speak or write in their words....”I DO NOT give consideration”.

I am well aware, YOU teach, “your man-made Catholic Church”...IS according to you is expressly...”THE” church. I do not agree with you.

I am well aware, YOU agree with, and repeat, “every word you are taught by your Catholic Teachers”. I do not agree with you.

I have NO obligation TO Follow you, or TO Do as you choose TO Do.

The men of the Catholic Church and all other denominations have a different interpretation of Scripture than YOU do.

THAT ^ is an ASTOUNDING claim YOU have made.
I can NOT remotely imagine HOW YOU have made such ridiculous claim.
Are you “all knowing”? Psychic? That you KNOW what every person believes and understands?

Do they follow Jesus when their interpretation is different than yours?

First of all, I do NOT KNOW what every other person believes or follows.
I do NOT KNOW “how” every other person “interprets” Scripture.

What I DO KNOW, and TRUST IS: Scriptural “interpretation”, IS NOT, “appointed for a mans personal interpretation”!

You should have learned this First Basic Rule, before Making such a “CLAIM FOR ME” (right after you said you would NOT speak for me) :rolleyes:and then asking me such nonsense.

2 Pet 1:
[20] Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Did you NOT YET learn... HOW TO Receive Gods “interpretation” Of Gods own word?

rstrats

Sep 6, 2012
Typology is the study of foreshadow, it has nothing to do with speculation.

I wasn't saying that typology is speculation, I'm saying that your attribution of something as typology is speculation.

Also, I wrote that "The Messiah says that only He has seen the Father (John 6:46; Luke 10:22). How can the Holy Spirit be a literal, equal being without ever seeing the Father?" You replied that "That's a speculation". How is that speculation? The Messiah said that only He had seen the Father, or are you saying that the Messiah was speculating?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't saying that typology is speculation, I'm saying that your attribution of something as typology is speculation.

Also, I wrote that "The Messiah says that only He has seen the Father (John 6:46; Luke 10:22). How can the Holy Spirit be a literal, equal being without ever seeing the Father?" You replied that "That's a speculation". How is that speculation? The Messiah said that only He had seen the Father, or are you saying that the Messiah was speculating?

The LORD did not have to say and include the Holy Spirit as seeing the Father with Himself.

ALL THREE were/are Echad Elohim - Genesis

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4
Eph 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

Saul was persecuting the church, and Christ said “why persecute me”? Acts 9:4

Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 10:16

Jn 15:1-5 Christ united to his apostles (the church) bearing fruit! (The salvation of souls)

The church and the apostles exist by his commands and authority! Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 20:21-23

There is an unbreakable union between Christ and His Holy Church!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 mt 18:17 Mt 28:19 Lk 10:16 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Gates of hell shall NOT PREVAIL!

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors, it is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 16:18 One fold
Jn 10:16 the household of faith! Gal 6:10

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Christ and His church are one, what Christ did the church continues to do, the church is an extension of Christ!
To attack the church is to attack Christ!
Acts 9:4 Jn 20:21-23

Eph 5: 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Prophecy of the new covenant church fulfilled in the apostles union with Christ!

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18
matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23 Isa 22:21-22
eph 2:20

Ephesians 5:24
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ...

The church is the ark of salvation, to attack the church is to attack salvation!

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors, it is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 16:18 One fold

The church is an extension of Christ!
You cannot be united to Christ apart from His holy church!

Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

The church and the apostles exist by his commands and authority! Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 20:21-23

An attack on the church is an attack on Christ!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not say the Vatican
I said the church founded by Christ which is eternal

The Church founded by Christ is His Body - SHE is HIS and HE is HER'S and they are a Marriage made in Heaven.

You will never see, on this earth, any building that God says is His House = they do not exist.

They only exist in the errant religious minds of men.

Thus says the Lord:
“Heaven is My throne,
And earth is My footstool.
Where is the house that you will build Me?
And where is the place of My rest?
For all those things My hand has made,
And all those things exist,”
Says the Lord.
“But on this one will I look:
On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit,
And who trembles at My word.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i've been Born-Again by the Spirit of God thru faith in His Word and then HE baptised me in the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the Blessing to being known by God and counted as His Sheep.

JESUS says, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. I and My Father are one.”
Its a pretty simple question David. Maybe your answer is in your post in a cryptic way but I can't find the answer. I sure would like an answer: do you interpret Scripture on your own?

Reactions: David in NJ

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks!

He whom God sent IS my Teacher.
Those whom and what God approved and appointed are also my Teachers.
Jesus IS my Teacher.
Those whom and what Jesus approved and appointed are also my Teachers.
He who IS Jesus’ Father IS my Father.
Jesus’ Church, that Jesus Established, IS a Spiritual Church.
Jesus’ Church, IS also Gods Church.
....Be “A Church”, builded by the hands of men, FOR a gathering of men...
IS: an express Gathering Place;
IN: “A HOUSE DEDICATED EXPRESSLY...TO: The Lord God Almighty.”
FOR: men
* TO: Hear The Word of God...(given the world Through Jesus, Gods Word)
* TO: Praise and Worship The Lord God Almighty...(IN His dedicated House)
* TO: Teach men HOW TO: Become MEMBERS
* OF: “THE SPIRITUAL CHURCH, of God, of Christ Jesus”...
ESTABLISHED ON the Principles;
......Christ IS the Rock Foundation of Jesus’ of Gods Church.
......Christ IS the Head of Jesus’ Church.
ESTABLISHED ON the Knowledge;
......EVERY man IS OFFERED INVITATION TO the House so Dedicated.
......FROM the beginning OF man made Churches, (so Dedicated as A HOUSE unto the Lord God)...(MEN —-> Apostles, Prophets, Teachers, have (and continue) TO Speak, To Teach other men who have Accepted the Invitation to COME and HEAR.
.....AND the men HEARING, ( “the” Apostles, Prophets, Teachers), SHOULD, are ENCOURAGED, TO “VERIFY” WHAT THEY HEAR, BY “READING” the Scriptures, TO SEE IF what they HEAR “IS” TRUE according to the Scriptures.

......Gods WORD OF TRUTH IS JESUS
......Gods POWER IS CHRIST
......Spiritual MEMBERSHIP IN the Lord God Almighty’s CHURCH...
......IS: effected BY “THE WORKS OF THE POWER OF GOD”
......ACCORDING TO; every mans FREEWILL Election TO JOIN
......ACCORDING TO; every mans HEARTFUL Word of Confession of BELIEF
.....IN, The Lord God Almighty.

No Big Mystery. Pretty straight forward.
* Gods Church...Jesus’ Church....Established ON the Rock Foundation of:
“Jesus IS the Christ, the Son of the Living God”.
* Daily (men) ARE ADDED to THE MEMBERSHIP OF the Lord Gods Spiritual Church....BY and THROUGH a mans Freewill Heartful Word of Confession AND the RESPONSE OF the Lord; His Works of the POWER OF GOD, TO INCLUDE that man AS A MEMBER of the Lord Gods Spiritual Church.

* “I” personally have (and have made abundantly clear) “I” FREELY Elected to accept the Lord Gods Offering AND join-ED the Lord Gods Spiritual Church.

Expressly “MY” Church, IS the same as “THE CHURCH” OF Lord God Almighty.
“THE” Church (OF Christ Jesus, OF God), carries NO ADDITIONAL “titles” of:
......Protestant, Baptist, Catholic, Jewish, etc. AS being “THE” Church.

“I” DO HEAR and READ; the “Teachings of Apostles, Prophets, Teachers”.
“I” DO VERIFY; the “TEACHINGS” ... WITH Scripture.
Scriptures that DO NOT VERIFY ... WHAT the Teachers speak or write in their words....”I DO NOT give consideration”.

I am well aware, YOU teach, “your man-made Catholic Church”...IS according to you is expressly...”THE” church. I do not agree with you.

I am well aware, YOU agree with, and repeat, “every word you are taught by your Catholic Teachers”. I do not agree with you.

I have NO obligation TO Follow you, or TO Do as you choose TO Do.

THAT ^ is an ASTOUNDING claim YOU have made.
I can NOT remotely imagine HOW YOU have made such ridiculous claim.
Are you “all knowing”? Psychic? That you KNOW what every person believes and understands?

First of all, I do NOT KNOW what every other person believes or follows.
I do NOT KNOW “how” every other person “interprets” Scripture.

What I DO KNOW, and TRUST IS: Scriptural “interpretation”, IS NOT, “appointed for a mans personal interpretation”!

You should have learned this First Basic Rule, before Making such a “CLAIM FOR ME” (right after you said you would NOT speak for me) :rolleyes:and then asking me such nonsense.

2 Pet 1:
[20] Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Did you NOT YET learn... HOW TO Receive Gods “interpretation” Of Gods own word?
Ummmm....I don't understand any of this.....

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its a pretty simple question David. Maybe your answer is in your post in a cryptic way but I can't find the answer. I sure would like an answer: do you interpret Scripture on your own?

Most people have a Religion Blender and it works great, all you do is pour in any scripture verses you want, then add your owns words and hit BLEND. Marvelous invention and made by a company named INTELLECT that dates back to the Garden Times Variety.

i had to trash mine because the DoorMan said i could not take it with me.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most people have a Religion Blender and it works great, all you do is pour in any scripture verses you want, then add your owns words and hit BLEND. Marvelous invention and made by a company named INTELLECT that dates back to the Garden Times Variety.

i had to trash mine because the DoorMan said i could not take it with me.
Sooooo still kind of a cryptic answer and I don't know what you are saying......but I digress.

The best I can tell is that you don't interpret Scripture on your own.....

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church founded by Christ is His Body - SHE is HIS and HE is HER'S and they are a Marriage made in Heaven.

You will never see, on this earth, any building that God says is His House = they do not exist.

They only exist in the errant religious minds of men.

Thus says the Lord:
“Heaven is My throne,
And earth is My footstool.
Where is the house that you will build Me?
And where is the place of My rest?
For all those things My hand has made,
And all those things exist,”
Says the Lord.
“But on this one will I look:
On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit,
And who trembles at My word.

the church is founded in Peter and the apostles united with him, and the people united with them
Never said a building

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the church is founded in Peter and the apostles united with him, and the people united with them
Never said a building

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

If the True Church were founded in Peter we would all be lost in sin forever, with no hope as those who are without CHRIST.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not surprised.
Some people are Content to be TOLD “WHAT” to “BELIEVE”, without ever discovering “WHY”.

Have a nice day.
And you tell yourself what to believe. I rely on The Church, which is the pillar and foundation of TRUTH. You believe YOU are the pillar and foundation of truth.....;)

Reactions: GaryAnderson

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not surprised.
Some people are Content to be TOLD “WHAT” to “BELIEVE”, without ever discovering “WHY”.

Have a nice day.

we must all be taught by Christ

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

Lk 1:4 Acts 8:31 Lk 10:16 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we must all be taught by Christ

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

Lk 1:4 Acts 8:31 Lk 10:16 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

This is ALL TRUE what you said and quoted here friend.

Now all you need to do is be Born-Again by the Spirit of God so that you can be Placed in His Body which is the True House of God.

ALL man-made buildings that men call 'churches'/houses of worship are falsehood and a lie and God will NEVER dwell in them.

What causes conflicts and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from the passions at war within you? You crave what you do not have; you kill and covet, but are unable to obtain it. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask. And when you do ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may squander it on your pleasures. You adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore, whoever chooses to be a friend of the world renders himselfc an enemy of God. Or do you think the Scripture says without reason that the Spirit He caused to dwell in us yearns with envy? But He gives us more grace. This is why it says:

“God opposes the proud,but gives grace to the humble.”

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn, and weep. Turn your laughter to mourning, and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the True Church were founded in Peter we would all be lost in sin forever, with no hope as those who are without CHRIST.

Eph 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 10:16

Jn 15:1-5 Christ united to his apostles (the church) bearing fruit! (The salvation of souls)

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 mt 18:17 Mt 28:19 Lk 10:16 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Gates of hell shall NOT PREVAIL!

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Christ and His church are one, what Christ did the church continues to do, the church is an extension of Christ!
To attack the church is to attack Christ!
Acts 9:4 Jn 20:21-23

Eph 5: 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Prophecy of the new covenant church fulfilled in the apostles union with Christ!

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18
matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23 Isa 22:21-22
eph 2:20

Ephesians 5:24
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ...

The church is the ark of salvation, to attack the church is to attack salvation!

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

The church is an extension of Christ!
You cannot be united to Christ apart from His holy church!

Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

An attack on the church is an attack on Christ!

The church and sacraments are required for salvation