• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“…if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Hebrews 10:26-27, KJV)

:crossword:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said, "No one can come to me except the Father draw him." These are they whom the Father elected and predestined to salvation, in eternity past and before the foundation of the world, then gave to Jesus to redeem their sins!!
Jesus said that before the cross, however, He also said, If I be lifted up (crucified) I will draw all men to me.

Do you see how this changed at the cross?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“…if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Hebrews 10:26-27, KJV)

:crossword:
However, this is speaking of the animal sacrifices made at the temple. You cannot keep doing that once you know about Jesus.

Have you committed a single sin since becoming a Christian? If your interpretation is correct, that single sin permanently disqualifies you from salvation.

Personally speaking, I have. Have you??

Much love!

Reactions: Debp

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your interpretation is correct, that single sin permanently disqualifies you from salvation.

It depends on wether or it was willful or in a heat of the moment situation done in ignorance without premeditation.

This is explicitly laid out throughout the whole of the Holy Bible in its many and various examples written throughout…

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It depends on wether or it was willful or in a heat of the moment situation done in ignorance without premeditation.

This is explicitly laid out throughout the whole of the Holy Bible in its many and various examples written throughout…
Do you have power over sin or not? Do you lack knowledge of right and wrong?

Have you - serious question - committed sin since you've been born again? And let's be real. Have you committed sin that you knew was sin, and you knew you could deny it, but didn't?

Seriously! Who has not??

I continue to maintain you are not correctly interpretting that passage.

Much love!

Reactions: Azim and Debp

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have power over sin or not? Do you lack knowledge of right and wrong?

Have you - serious question - committed sin since you've been born again? And let's be real. Have you committed sin that you knew was sin, and you knew you could deny it, but didn't?

Seriously! Who has not??

I continue to maintain you are not correctly interpretting that passage.

Much love!

Someone dying at another’s hand was forgiven and not penalized in certain scenarios.

For example:

“…Whoso killeth his neighbour ignorantly, whom he hated not in time past; As when a man goeth into the wood with his neighbour to hew wood, and his hand fetcheth a stroke with the axe to cut down the tree, and the head slippeth from the helve, and lighteth upon his neighbour, that he die; he shall flee unto one of those cities [of refuge], and live…” (Deuteronomy 19:4-5, KJV)

And we as believers flee for refuge here:

“…for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil” (Hebrews 6:18-19, KJV)

If we do not sin wilfully.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone dying at another’s hand was forgiven and not penalized in certain scenarios.

For example:

“…Whoso killeth his neighbour ignorantly, whom he hated not in time past; As when a man goeth into the wood with his neighbour to hew wood, and his hand fetcheth a stroke with the axe to cut down the tree, and the head slippeth from the helve, and lighteth upon his neighbour, that he die; he shall flee unto one of those cities [of refuge], and live…” (Deuteronomy 19:4-5, KJV)

And we as believers flee for refuge here:

“…for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil” (Hebrews 6:18-19, KJV)

If we do not sin wilfully.
OK, you need not answer. I know what your answer will be if you are truthful. That you have in fact committed sin willingly, knowingly, and yet I expect that you do not believe this has resulted in your final rejection.

Even so, that's not what this passage in Hebrews is saying.

Much love!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have power over sin or not?

You make the decision to follow these scriptures or not.

“Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.” (Romans 6:11-12, KJV)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not.

If you cannot control yourself that’s your problem.
I seriously doubt that we have the same definition of sin. All that is not of faith is sin. The good you leave undone, this is sin. I'm not just talking "10C".

Failure to love God and man all the time with all your heart is sin. Forgive me if I just don't believe you.

Much love!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said that before the cross, however, He also said, If I be lifted up (crucified) I will draw all men to me.
If I understand you correctly, you are saying that Jesus said: "If I be lifted up I will draw all men to me." I only read the KJV and there, the translators of the KJV omitted the word "men" (italicized) because it was not in the original manuscripts. In the KJV Bible, every single word written in italicized are NOT in the original manuscripts.
Do you see how this changed at the cross?
If you are suggesting that John 12:32 is going to change John 6:44, you are gravely mistaken. If that should be the case, then rightly so there will no one be in hell if Jesus draws all men, but Scripture has stipulated that hell will heavily be populated. Your assumption is just that.... an assumption!!

To God Be The Glory

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born again is a change in the body not in the mind. Let’s jump right in a conversation that Jesus was having with a man name Nicodemus. John 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: 2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Notice verse 3, except a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. We have just learned something here. If you are not born again you can not see the kingdom of God. As we go further you will understand this. Remember there is a time for everything.

Nicodemus asked a very good question. Take a look at the next set of verses.

John 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

In verse 5, born of the water in this case is the Word of God. Notice the Lord mentions the kingdom of God again, but He adds a little more information. He says "Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. When he mentions spirit He means exactly that. Watch how the Lord gives something physical to describe exactly what He means.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Notice: He made a difference between flesh and spirit. Ask yourself that question, was you born flesh or spirit?

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Notice: He compared the wind to a spirit. Can you see the wind? No! We have seen things being blown around by the wind, but we have never seen the wind. If you are born of the spirit you are like the wind. This is when you are truly born again, when you are born of the spirit.

Notice: what Jesus does in these next few verses. Remember, this is after His resurrection.

John 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Note two very important things within these verses. 1. Jesus appeared in the midst of them and the doors were shut. 2. Thomas called Him God. When Jesus came out of the grave he was born into the God family, Jesus was Born Again.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are suggesting that John 12:32 is going to change John 6:44, you are gravely mistaken. If that should be the case, then rightly so there will no one be in hell if Jesus draws all men, but Scripture has stipulated that hell will heavily be populated. Your assumption is just that.... an assumption!!
I'm not equating being "drawn to Jesus" with "being born again".

Just the same, this distinction, and change, occurred, concerning who is drawn to Christ.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I understand you correctly, you are saying that Jesus said: "If I be lifted up I will draw all men to me." I only read the KJV and there, the translators of the KJV omitted the word "men" (italicized) because it was not in the original manuscripts. In the KJV Bible, every single word written in italicized are NOT in the original manuscripts.
Do you know why some translators add "men" in that passage? I'm curious, who is it that you are thinking Jesus will draw "all" to Himself, considering He did not give any qualifiers?

Much love!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot judge me. Ever. Nor any Christian here.
I'm not judging you or anyone. I can only discern someone by their fruits.

To God Be The Glory
Do you know why some translators add "men" in that passage? I'm curious, who is it that you are thinking Jesus will draw "all" to Himself, considering He did not give any qualifiers?
Jesus may not have given qualifiers, but His Father did!! Jesus said: "All that the Father giveth me (elect/chosen) shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."

Jesus also said: "....Those that thou gavest me (elect) I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled."

To God Be The Glory

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus may not have given qualifiers, but His Father did!! Jesus said: "All that the Father giveth me (elect/chosen) shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."

Jesus also said: "....Those that thou gavest me (elect) I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled."
Why do you need to add words?

I believe we can read Jesus' statements as is, without needing to add things. When Jesus spoke without qualifiers, I don't personally believe in taking my understanding of another passage, and come back to this one, and change it to fit.

Before the cross, only those the Father drew to Jesus would come to Him. After the cross, Jesus said He would draw all to Himself, and I believe Him.

Much love!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not equating being "drawn to Jesus" with "being born again".

Just the same, this distinction, and change, occurred, concerning who is drawn to Christ.
It has never changed!! It has always been the elect chosen by the Father, from eternity past before the foundation of the world. Who will be drawn to Christ.
Why do you need to add words?
Who is adding words? What have I added? Please clarify.
I believe we can read Jesus' statements as is, without needing to add things. When Jesus spoke without qualifiers, I don't personally believe in taking my understanding of another passage, and come back to this one, and change it to fit.
Therefore, according to you, we don't really need the Holy Sprit to guide us into truths because we're smart enough to discern Bible doctrines and its' interpretations, right? WOW!!

Here's a hint. Everything in the Bible is inter-related, why? Because the Bible is one cohesive whole. You can find the Gospel from Genesis to Revelation!!
Before the cross, only those the Father drew to Jesus would come to Him. After the cross, Jesus said He would draw all to Himself, and I believe Him.
Lol! You must first define the word "all" whether it means "each and every" or "only the elect.."

I vote the latter.

To God Be The Glory