• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When we die to self, again this has to do with the renewing of our minds, it’s absolutely wonderful,peaceful, full of God’s love, but, when the self tries to rear it’s ugly selfish all about me head, that’s when I have learnt through the Spirit to take every thought captive and renew that “ self” thought pattern.

The self tried to rear it’s ugly head the other day, I stated thinking all these things about a family member, they were thoughts all about my selfish self, that still lurks ....oh yes, my flesh is far from being under complete control by the Spirit, trust me, if you had known me a few years back.....I was a raving lunatic....I was still born again though......oh how the enemy loves to try and cause chaos in a Born again life.....fruit of the Spirit can and does take time to develop in the child of God....fruit comes from the Spirit, how can he produce fruit in us, when all we do is love to be in ourselves.....not talking about you Brothers and Sisters....just me thinking out loud......LOL

Just my thoughts and beliefs......as a born again.

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Go ye and proclaim the truth . Correct error , remind all of all warnings . Remind all of all promises .
Behold both the goodness and severity of GOD . preach n teach ON BOTH .
Use all sound biblical doctrine .
Who so ever hears amen and who so ever forbears its on them .
My mission is not to pander to the ever changing world to win the world . Or i would have spoken and lived in VAIN .
For worldy mindsets cannot win the world to CHRIST .
SPEAK THE TRUTH , USE ALL BIBLICAL DOCTRINE and who so ever hears amen and who so ever rejects , ITS On them .
But never conform to the ways of men to win the lost or to edify the church . FOR their ways are vain
their progressive ideals are vainity .
FOr if we fish for men using wordly bait , You shall catch only wordly men .
BUT if we preach using Solid biblcial doctrine , Ye shall be fishers of men indeed and souls will be won
and churches will be built up . GOD alone giveth the increase .
OUR DUTY IS to simply speak the TRUTH . HE who hears amen and he who forbears its on them .
Warn the peoples , remind with all biblical reminders , FOR the TIME HAS COME that many no longer endure sound doctrine
but have heaped to themselves teachers which preach mintidas , lies unto the people .
And though their numbers grow , Their faith is dead and their words are vain . PREACH JESUS CHRIST and all
holy biblical doctrine .
save-image.png

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Look at this scripture,@Behold .....amazing scripture, which now I believe I understand through the Spirit...our sinful flesh is on Jesus, he took everyone’s sin...without him doing that, there would be no way back to God!....WOW!!...I see it Brother I see it!!....

Romans

Previous Chapter

Rom.8​

[1] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[2] For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
[3] For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
[4] That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[5] For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
[6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
[7] Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
[8] So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
[9] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
[10] And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
[11] But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
[12] Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
[13] For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
[14] For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
[15] For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
[16] The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
[17] And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
[18] For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
[19] For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
[20] For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
[21] Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
[22] For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
[23] And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
[24] For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
[25] But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
[26] Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
[27] And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
[28] And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
[29] For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
[30] Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
[31] What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
[32] He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
[33] Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
[34] Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
[35] Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
[36] As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
[37] Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
[38] For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
[39] Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
James Kennedy
Lloyd Ogilvie
Adrian Rogers.
This here from Kennedy-
DEVOTION: DECEMBER 6
The Sinless Savior
Scripture: 1 Peter 2:22
A man able to walk through this life yet never sin—doesn’t that seem an impossibility?

Only one human has ever accomplished this feat: Jesus Christ. In our society, we raise up many as heroes, but upon closer inspection, we find they have feet of clay. Yet Jesus could say, “Which of you convicts Me of sin?” (John 8:46).

Holy men and women confess their sins. They keep short accounts with God.

As holy people grow closer to God, they recognize their own sinfulness more and more. One of the greatest Christians in the history of the Church, the apostle Paul, called himself “the chief of sinners.” Conversely, people guilty of heinous crimes often claim innocence. (Visit a prison, and you’ll be amazed at how many prisoners claim they’ve been falsely accused!) But Jesus Christ towers above all people, sinners and saints, in the perfection of His character.

Through the centuries people have tried and failed to find any blemish in Jesus Christ’s flawless life. One time a Hindu Brahmin, alarmed at the spread of Christianity in India, set out to write a tract to expose Christ’s weaknesses. But the Brahmin abandoned this task because he could find no weak points or sins in Jesus. There aren’t any. Even skeptics have shown their respect for the Savior. Listen to what one of them, Ernest Renan of France, said about Christ: “Whatever may be the surprises of the future, Jesus will never be surpassed.” He is the perfect one!

Today praise Jesus Christ for His sinlessness. Thank Him that because He lived a sinless life, you can live for eternity.

"Jesus, good paragon, thou crystal Christ."
—POEM
FEATURED SERMON:
Evolution and You
Topics: Conference , Creation , Darwin , Evangelism , Evolution
Dr. Kennedy explodes the myth that evolution is a proven fact and that creation science is only religious.

Taproot Sins
Scripture: Matthew 15:19
Topics:
Some sins are at the taproot of the heart. When is comes to these sins, the devil will say to you, "Oh, you may get rid of this sin, or give up that sin, or quit doing this, or quit doing that, … but when it comes to this particular sin, you'll never get rid of it!" This is your taproot sin. Has it been cut? If not, Jesus is the master gardener.

I don't know what your tap root sin is. Maybe it is greed or lust, or perhaps it is gluttony, or alcohol, or you're addicted to something, and that taproot sin holds you right down in the earth. You can't grow in your spiritual life because you are bound in the ground by that taproot.

Maybe the sin is criticism or gossip. Oh, what a vicious taproot that is! Perhaps it's anger. You're angry at someone who has done you in.

I don't know if you are struggling with a taproot sin, but I do know that unless it is cut, you cannot rise up and follow Christ.

Jesus has conquered all sin, and there is no sin that you cannot overcome in His name and by the power of His blood. Let Jesus deal with your sin, and His victory will shine in your previously defeated heart.

Question to ponder: How can we learn to detect the root sin in our heart?

FEATURED SERMON:
Equipping the Saints (Speech)
Scripture: Matthew 5:11-16
Topics: Cultural Mandate , Equipping The Saints , Evangelism , General Assembly
Dr. Kennedy delivered a special address to more than 2,500 pastors and Church leadership at the General Assembly of...

June 11, 2019
Dr. Lloyd John Ogilvie (1930–2019)
Jonathan Petersen
Dr. Lloyd John Ogilvie

Pastor, broadcaster, author, and US Senate Chaplain Lloyd John Ogilvie, 88, died June 5, 2019. A lover of preaching the Bible, he was the general editor of The Preacher’s Commentary (Thomas Nelson).

Now, from the Preacher's commentary-

III. The confession of sin.—“If we confess,” etc.
IV. The consequence of such confession.—1. Forgiveness. 2. Sanctification.—Dr. Clark.
Sinful Tendencies of Christians.—The preceding words had reminded St. John that even mature Christians, though certainly not “walking in darkness,” yet have sinful tendencies in themselves: sensuous impulses, non-spiritual inclinations, lack of self-knowledge, a lowered standard, principles and views borrowed partly from the world, wavering of will, and hence graver faults. Not to admit this would be to mislead ourselves, and in us the power and energy of light, searching the very corners of the heart, would not be working.—
W. M. Sinclair, D.D.

Interesting-daily confessions not necessary? Not being facetious with you brother-but I enjoy transparency and honesty. However, this Preacher's Commentary is a paid module-is there a way I you can send me a link in PDF format?

Shalom

Last edited:
Reactions: Keturah

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Look at this scripture,@Behold .....amazing scripture, which now I believe I understand through the Spirit...our sinful flesh is on Jesus, he took everyone’s sin...without him doing that, there would be no way back to God!....WOW!!...I see it Brother I see it!!....

That's it.

"God has made JESUS.......to be SIN........for us"....... and that is why Romans 4:8 and 2 Corinthians 5:9 tells us that God does not charge sin to us...
= Jesus has it, 2000 yrs ago...... All of it.

Also, because "Christ has redeemed us, from the Curse of the Law" we are no longer defined as sinners, or our deeds as sin.
I need to write a Thread.....or repost one, on that topic as its so very import for the believer to understand..

"we are not under the Law.. but under GRACE"

"Christ is the END OF THE LAW for Righteousness, to everyone who believes".

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Holy men and women confess their sins. They keep short accounts with God.

Yes

However your game of "gotcha" is going to fail again.
Im not the person to play that with,, Johann

Listen up.

Did you notice i didnt post any of his Theology?
Do you see a James Kennedy Video on the Forum? As then, you're post would be honest, valid, and useful.

I only mentioned that He was one of my Teachers.
The book of Morman, the Catholic Doctrine, the teachings of the Buddha, .....ive studed a lot.....so they are all my teachers, but they are not my TRUTH.
See that?
I told you in a post that God told me to find out what ISN'T TRUE, so that i can know what is and teach it.
So, i found out from many sources, and many teachers, what isn't truth, as what is... True
Dr. Kennedy, has some issues with the revelation of being "made righteous", and "made free from sin". as that is his Denomination's "theology".
Its not mine.
So, yes, He was one of many of my Teachers, and i took from Dr. Kennedy, what was right, and was "Pauline Theology".
He has a lot of outstanding teaching...but not all of it is correct.
Its the same with all my earthly Teachers......I took from them, only what is Paul's Doctrine, and where they didnt teach Paul, but taught their Denominations Theology, i ignored it.

See, a lot of great men of the Bible, didn't know some things......so, what they dont know, they can't teach, and what they have wrong, you dont accept.

For example.

Peter the Apostle......He didnt just deny Jesus 3x.....>He was also ignorant of basic Christianity, until about Acts 10.
This is Acts 2:38 Peter...who still had some learning to do about The Gospel. And that is why Jesus chose Paul to teach all these apostles
= "The Gospel of the Grace of God"
This is PAUL's Gospel.....its not Peter's.

Notice Peter, in Acts 10.
This is 10 yrs after Christ is back in heaven, and Yet.....>Peter does not know that Gentiles can be saved.
He still believes that only Jews can become a Christian.

There is your 1st Pope. (not).

But about 10 yrs after Jesus was back in Heaven, Peter found out that Gentiles could be saved, and then in Acts 15, all the Apostles met Paul, and Paul helped them to understand : SALVATION< as "the GRACE OF GOD".

- "Paul's Gospel"

Reactions: Ritajanice

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes

However your game of "gotcha" is going to fail again.
Im not the person to play that with,, Johann

Listen up.

Did you notice i didnt post any of his Theology?
Do you see a James Kennedy Video on the Forum? As then, you're post would be honest, valid, and useful.

I only mentioned that He was one of my Teachers.
The book of Morman, the Catholic Doctrine, the teachings of the Buddha, .....ive studed a lot.....so they are all my teachers, but they are not my TRUTH.
See that?
I told you in a post that God told me to find out what ISN'T TRUE, so that i can know what is and teach it.
So, i found out from many sources, and many teachers, what isn't truth, as what is... True
Dr. Kennedy, has some issues with the revelation of being "made righteous", and "made free from sin". as that is his Denomination's "theology".
Its not mine.
So, yes, He was one of many of my Teachers, and i took from Dr. Kennedy, what was right, and was "Pauline Theology".
He has a lot of outstanding teaching...but not all of it is correct.
Its the same with all my earthly Teachers......I took from them, only what is Paul's Doctrine, and where they didnt teach Paul, but taught their Denominations Theology, i ignored it.

See, a lot of great men of the Bible, didn't know some things......so, what they dont know, they can't teach, and what they have wrong, you dont accept.

For example.

Peter the Apostle......He didnt just deny Jesus 3x.....>He was also ignorant of basic Christianity, until about Acts 10.
This is Acts 2:38 Peter...who still had some learning to do about The Gospel. And that is why Jesus chose Paul to teach all these apostles
= "The Gospel of the Grace of God"
This is PAUL's Gospel.....its not Peter's.

Notice Peter, in Acts 10.
This is 10 yrs after Christ is back in heaven, and Yet.....>Peter does not know that Gentiles can be saved.
He still believes that only Jews can become a Christian.

There is your 1st Pope. (not).

But about 10 yrs after Jesus was in Heaven, he found out that Gentiles could be saved, and then in Acts 15, all the Apostles met Paul, and Paul helped them to understand : SALVATION< as "the GRACE OF GOD".
I'm not here to play games either-and this wasn't a "gotcha" you know the saying-Eat the chicken, spit out the bones, there's a big difference in our initial repentance and our ongoing confessions behold-

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's it.

"God has made JESUS.......to be SIN........for us"....... and that is why Romans 4:8 and 2 Corinthians 5:9 tells us that God does not charge sin to us...
= Jesus has it, 2000 yrs ago...... All of it.
Amen!....Brother....Amen!!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I'm not here to play games either-and this wasn't a "gotcha" you know the saying-Eat the chicken, spit out the bones, there's a big difference in our initial repentance and our ongoing confessions behold-

Im just saying that you tried to compare you posting a video that says that Paul teaches "sinless perfection".........as if that is the same thing as me saying that a person that was once a teacher of mine, is me posting his video.

So, are these equal?
They are not.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen @Johann
***We are free from sin's penalty ( JUSTIFICATION) in Christ, yet we still struggle with its power (PROGRESSIVE SANCTIFICATION ) and one day we will be free of its presence (GLORIFICATION ). This book as a whole teaches the priority of admitting our sin and striving toward sinlessness.****

So few folks understand the walk of a disciple. They seem to think it's "SALVATION" ,or being " born again" and done !

Our salvation which is receiving the free gift of grace through faith is just the beginning!

• Love
Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Amen @Johann
***We are free from sin's penalty ( JUSTIFICATION) in Christ, yet we still struggle with its power (PROGRESSIVE SANCTIFICATION ) and one day we will be free of its presence (GLORIFICATION ). This book as a whole teaches the priority of admitting our sin and striving toward sinlessness.****

So few folks understand the walk of a disciple. They seem to think it's "SALVATION" ,or being " born again" and done !

Our salvation which is receiving the free gift of grace through faith is just the beginning!
Amen @Keturah and I whole heartily concur-it is just the beginning-and there is so much more!
Shalom
Johann.

Reactions: Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of the lies folks be spewing are nauseous & revolting!