1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Bride

Discussion in 'Eschatology & Prophecy Forum' started by n2thelight, Oct 17, 2018.

1. n2thelight

n2thelight Well-Known Member

Who is the Bride,Israel or the Church?

2. larry2

larry2 Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Hi brother, The bride is of the Church, and not all qualify.

Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and His wife hath made herself ready.

Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. (righteous acts, or deeds.)

amadeus likes this.
  3. n2thelight

Sooooo Christ will have two brides,as He has promised to re-marry Israel?

Ac28 likes this.
  4. Enoch111

Enoch111 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    There can be only one Bride of Christ, and that is the Church, which is also His Body. These are metaphors for the close connection of Christ and those are belong to Him.

5. n2thelight

I understand that,but again, scripture says He will re-marry Israel.

6. Episkopos

Episkopos Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    The Israel of God...which is according to the Spirit. THAT is the Bride of Christ.

Only a small remnant of the church is the Bride...as in....not all are Christian who attend church. Just as a remnant of physical Israel was the bride...but now the same standard for holiness applies to all....to enter into Christ.

amadeus likes this.
  7. "ByGrace"

"ByGrace" Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    :D you will get many opinions.

The Bride is taken out of The Church...the Bride is the mature sons of God ...The Overcomers......found in Revelation 3

amadeus and larry2 like this.
  8. Enoch111

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Since the Church is the Body of Christ, He does not dismember His Body at any time. Therefore the Bride IS the Church.

I CORINTHIANS 12
    12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
    13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
    14 For the body is not one member, but many.
    15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
    16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
    17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
    18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
    19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
    20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
    21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
    22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
    23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
    24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
    25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
    26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
    27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    Harvest 1874 and farouk like this.
  9. "ByGrace"

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    I don’t agree.
    The tribe of Levi we part of the “body of” Israel...yet they were “chosen-special “ for their position.
    Peter , James , and John ..were part of the twelve ...but they were chosen “out” , to go up the mount with Jesus...

You believe what you want to believe , and I will believe what I SEE in the Word and in Revelation . =
    The whole of the church are not all “ The Overcomers”....

amadeus and larry2 like this.
  10. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    "Ephesians 3
    6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus."

The Church is not solely the Body of Christ. Nor is on the earth during the Trib, it has been Raptured.

There is zero mention of the Church or Christians for 7 years. There is Israel and Trib Saints.

11. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Philadelphia is the Rapture Church and Laodicea is spit out into the Trib.

Both coexist today.

12. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
  13. larry2

larry2 Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Please consider the following scriptures.
    Luk 7:28 For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist:

What does say of himself as pertaining being a part of the bride: being Jesus' friend at the wedding?
    Joh 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

amadeus likes this.
  14. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Nothing. The Bride (Church) did not exist when John the Baptist lived anymore than Christ existed in the OT.

Israel is the Wedding Guest and Wife of the First Person of the Trinity.

Keep the time line correct.

15. Enoch111

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Now that's really stretching it. Or should we say grasping at straws?;)

16. "ByGrace"

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    No..just a shadow of things to come my friend.. :p

And I see many more opinions here...some that I have never heard of...and more "stretching" than mine.
    Fun eh! :D

( shush....Don't tell anyone...but I was in a sonship movement for 20 years...as yet I have never YET heard anything that witnesses to my spirit better than that . )

amadeus likes this.
  17. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Explain please.

18. n2thelight

So everybody in the trinity has a wife,you serious? Christ did exist in the Old Testament.
    The bride has always been Israel,which is the Church

19. n2thelight

God promised to re-marry Israel,which means Israel has always been the Church,unless you saying He will have two wives

20. "ByGrace"

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Goodness....WHY does everything have to be compared with the natural. God speaks spiritually , and it is spiritually understood.
    The carnal man brings it down to his own simple "reasoning". :rolleyes:

Heart2Soul and amadeus like this.