The Bride

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Trip there and back to anywhere is known as a round trip. Many years ago Jesus showed me a picture. It represents his coming to earth then his return after his resurrection. It is his wedding ring.

8127-1.jpg

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So who is the Bride?

Hello there, @n2thelight,

In reply#118, I gave a short answer to that question, but it needs to be expanded upon. However, at present, all I can say is this:-

* In this present time the members of the Body of Christ are being called out, not the Bride. It is vitally important that this should be recognised by believers: for it is something that God 'would make known' to them; as we read in Colossians 1:27, (which, as with all quotes, should be read within it's context):-

'... now rejoice in my sufferings for you,
and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ
.. in my flesh
.... for His body's sake,
...... which is the church: w
hereof I am made a minister,
........ according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you,
.......... to fulfil the word of God;
............ Even the mystery
.............. which hath been hid from ages and from generations,
................ but now is made manifest to His saints:
To whom God would make known
.. what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles;
.... which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
...... Whom we preach,
........ warning every man,
.......... and teaching every man in all wisdom;
............ that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus ... :'

(Colossians 1:24-28)

* Salvation had been sent to the Gentiles, for they would hear it, Israel having rejected their Messiah: and the curse warned of in Acts 13:10, prophesied by Isaiah, and pronounced by Paul in Acts 28:25-28, had fallen upon them. God would now have all believers know that God, in Christ, is among them, He is their hope of glory. The Olive Tree of Israel being no more the source of salvation or blessing to the nations, until Israel as a nation repents and acknowledges their Messiah in that day to come.

* Just as, 'the Bride,' is called out of Israel: so, 'the Body,' during this dispensation, is being called out from among the nations, both Jew and Gentile - into Christ: Who is 'the fulness of Him that filleth all in all'.

* Knowledge of the Body of Christ, and it's administration, is given in the epistles, written by Paul, by revelation of God, following Acts 28: namely Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus. Until that time, the knowledge of this calling was 'hid in God' (Ephesians 3:9), and therefore unsearchable.

'That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs,
.. and of the same body,
.... and partakers of His promise in Christ
...... by the gospel: whereof I was made a minister,
........ according to the gift of the grace of God
.......... given unto me by the effectual working of His power.
............ Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints,
.............. is this grace given,
that I should preach among the Gentiles
.. the unsearchable riches of Christ;
.... And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery,
...... which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God,
........ Who created all things by Jesus Christ:
.......... To the intent that now
............ unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places
.............. might be known
................ by the church
.................. the manifold wisdom of God.'
(Ephesians 3:6-10)

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Ac28

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So will God have two Brides?I think not,the Church is the Bride and God has promised to re-marry Israel
I disagree based on these scriptures...from the study as quoted...…
The Bride of Christ – doctrine.org
Ephesians 5.22-33

22 Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body. 24 But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything. 25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, 26 so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27 that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless. 28 So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself; 29 for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ also does the church, 30 because we are members of His body. 31 FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND SHALL BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH. 32 This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband.

In the passage above, Paul argued that as a husband is the head of a wife, Christ is the head of the Church. This fit with Paul’s teaching that the Church is the body of Christ with Christ Himself as the Head (Ephesians 1.22; Colossians 1.18). Paul noted that husbands should love their wives as their own bodies (v. 28) because no one ever hated his own flesh (v.29). One nourishes his body and cherishes it (v.29). It is this nourishing and care of a husband for his own body that Paul used to make the analogy regarding Christ’s care for His Church, i.e., His body (v. 29-30). Paul quoted Genesis 2.24, not to make a point about the husband/wife relationship or that the Church is the bride of Christ but to emphasize the unity and care for the body. Paul declared this was a great “secret” (μυστήριον) but that he spoke with reference to Christ and His Church (v. 32).

Since the Church is the body of Christ it means that if Christ is the bridegroom we are part of His groomsmanship. Thus, we are of the bridegroom, not the bride!

Conclusion

Wife and bride are titles that belong to Israel, not the Church. Our title is “the body of Christ.” As the body, we are of the bridegroom, not the bride. If you cannot tell the bridegroom from the bride at a marriage it is going to be a confusing wedding. But God is not the author of confusion (1 Corinthians 14.33). He wishes believers to understand who they are, where they fit in His plan, and what promises belong to them. When we do, we can rejoice in the grace God has given to us and serve and honor Him effectively.

Hosea 1.2) was most likely an idolater, not a physical prostitute. This is what seems to be indicated in Hosea 2.8, 13, 3.1, 4.12-19, etc. God used Hosea’s personal life to address the spiritual adultery of the nation, their unfaithfulness to God as Israel’s husband.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Since the Church is the body of Christ it means that if Christ is the bridegroom we are part of His groomsmanship. Thus, we are of the bridegroom, not the bride!

II Corinthians 11:2 "For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ."

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Israel is the Church.
Israel is the Servants of God and the Church is the body of Christ.

Anyone who claims that Israel is outside of the Christianity is under great delusions or of Satan.