The Bride

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So everybody in the trinity has a wife,you serious? Christ did exist in the Old Testament.
The bride has always been Israel,which is the Church

Replacement theology.

Show me Jesus in the flesh in the OT.

The Holy Spirit has no wife. Christ has a Bride now No wife until the Wedding in Heaven during the Trib.

Marriage Super of the Lamb

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t agree.
The tribe of Levi we part of the “body of” Israel...yet they were “chosen-special “ for their position.
Peter , James , and John ..were part of the twelve ...but they were chosen “out” , to go up the mount with Jesus...

You believe what you want to believe , and I will believe what I SEE in the Word and in Revelation . =
The whole of the church are not all “ The Overcomers”....
Yes indeed! The Bride comes out of the Church as seen here:

"Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure." Dan 2:45

Is not the Church the mountain while the Bride is that which is cut out of it without hands. What is it that which the Bride breaks to pieces? The feet of iron and clay correspond to later parts of the powers of men. There is no future standing in the ways of men.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No..just a shadow of things to come my friend.. :p

And I see many more opinions here...some that I have never heard of...and more "stretching" than mine.
Fun eh! :D

( shush....Don't tell anyone...but I was in a sonship movement for 20 years...as yet I have never YET heard anything that witnesses to my spirit better than that . )
The types and shadows are to be seen written in the scriptures those who have "eyes to see". Anyone can read the Bible, but not anyone can understand God's message to men written in the Bible.

"For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them." Matt 13:15-16

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The types and shadows are to be seen written in the scriptures those who have "eyes to see". Anyone can read the Bible, but not anyone can understand God's message to men written in the Bible.

"For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them." Matt 13:15-16
Scripture is indeed very nuanced and rich; and the panorama of revelation as it is in Christ is truly breathtaking.

Sometimes the phrase types and shadows is used to refer to Old Testament language which speaks of preliminary and provisional symbols and practices which have now been superseded and have found their complete fulfillment in the Person and Work of the Lord Jesus Christ in the New Testament.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is indeed very nuanced and rich; and the panorama of revelation as it is in Christ is truly breathtaking.

Sometimes the phrase types and shadows is used to refer to Old Testament language which speaks of preliminary and provisional symbols and practices which have now been superseded and have found their complete fulfillment in the Person and Work of the Lord Jesus Christ in the New Testament.
The types and shadows are found in ALL of scripture including the NT. Not understanding this alone will result at time misunderstandings between believers and the result is new denominations, which may or may not be closer to God than the one it came out of...

We need to follow the lead of the Holy Spirit. Anytime we do not we are going the wrong way. Some people mix what comes from the Holy Spirit with what comes from their own mind or the mind of some person they are following blindly.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed! The Bride comes out of the Church as seen here:

"Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure." Dan 2:45

Is not the Church the mountain while the Bride is that which is cut out of it without hands. What is it that which the Bride breaks to pieces? The feet of iron and clay correspond to later parts of the powers of men. There is no future standing in the ways of men.

Actually, the bride is never refer to as a rock. It is Jesus Christ.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What has that got to do with your claim about the Bride and Daniel.

Did I misunderstand something?
Perhaps but I thought the idea was clear enough to me. Was it not to you? What does any prophecy say? What is the reality of any type or shadow found in scripture?

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is not the Church the mountain while the Bride is that which is cut out of it without hands.
If you are referring to Daniel's prophecy, please note that the Church is not presented in that passage but only Christ, who is the Stone and the Rock, and His eternal Kingdom on earth:

And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure. (Dan 2:44,45)

I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. (Dan 7:13,14)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The rock is Christ, not church.

It has already been mentioned that Jesus said- " Saul, Saul , why persecute thou ME? "
And it was The Church that Saul was killing and imprisoning...Jesus identified His Church as Himself. They are one.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What has that got to do with your claim about the Bride and Daniel.

Did I misunderstand something?

Take your blinkers off, you read scripture with legalistic blinkers :(
Allow the Holy Spirit to deepen your vision into the word...

Reactions: larry2