The Case Against the Trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, in Gen. 1:26 the angels, not God, said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness," and the one God has not referred to Himself in singular and plural form in the Old and New Testament?

You must be tired with all the mental gymnastics you do.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a great counterpoint to the man-is-God thesis, far more definitive than anything Jesus ever said.

I alone am God!
There are no other gods;
no one is like me.

These words were spoken by Isaiah at 46:9 (CEV). Does this mean the prophet Isaiah is claiming to be God and is God because that is what he said?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a follow up question; why do these words by the prophet Isaiah not demonstrate his divinity but the words of the prophet Jesus do demonstrate his divinity?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another absurd point of the man-is God thesis is Jesus repeatedly refers to the One who sent him. In another verse, he affirms the messenger (Jesus) is less than the one who sends the message.

Trinitarians rationalization how this is co-equal is astonishing mental gymnastics.

Reactions: amadeus

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One who does not understand what a prophet is would ask such a question. A "prophet," like Isaiah, is someone God speaks through/to. "Have not I the Lord, and there is no God else besides me? A just God and a Savior, there is none besides me" (Is. 45:21), yet Jesus is

Jesus is also a prophet.

I’m not sure why you are trolling this thread or how you think your posts STRENGTHEN the case AGAINST.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a great counterpoint to the man-is-God thesis, far more definitive than anything Jesus ever said.

I alone am God!
There are no other gods;
no one is like me.

These words were spoken by Isaiah at 46:9 (CEV). Does this mean the prophet Isaiah is claiming to be God and is God because that is what he said?

Jesus is called

Sadly, you do not answer questions but re-assert your position and displace verses.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I do not care to your numerous attempts to invoke one logical fallacy after another. In this case, Appeal to Diversion.

Can you admit that Jesus was sent and this means the One who sent Jesus is greater than Jesus?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was sent by the the Father to be the Savior of the world (1 Jn. 4:14) and did "go to the Father", because "the Father is greater." Do I admit your interpretation of those verses proves Jesus is not God incarnate? No, for reasons explained in #429 which you admit you do not want to address.

Post #429 does not explain anything. You merely make an Appeal to Diversion. Rather than address the verse that makes the case AGAINST, you want to change the discussion to a verse that is FOR.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, this thread is an echo chamber, reserved for those who share your beliefs, and "find God" in the bliss of ignorance.

Not at all. All who can strengthen the case against the trinity are welcome to post their insights.

For instance, the trinity is not in the Bible and is written 100% by unitarian Jews, who to this day reject trinitarianism. This forms the basis for interpreting any individual verse.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Not at all. All who can strengthen the case against the trinity are welcome to post their insights.

For instance, the trinity is not in the Bible and is written 100% by unitarian Jews, who to this day reject trinitarianism. This forms the basis for interpreting any individual verse.
Didn't Jesus agree with the unitarian Jews in Mark 12? That agreement was that the Most High was one, one meaning a Jewish non trinity "one".

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't Jesus agree with the unitarian Jews in Mark 12? That agreement was that the Most High was one, one meaning a Jewish non trinity "one".

Exactly! This is called the Shama in Hebrew, the most important commandment.

Trinitarianism prefer the more vague rendering in Matthew to the obviously anti-trinitarian Mark 12 rendering.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Exactly! This is called the Shama in Hebrew, the most important commandment.

Trinitarianism prefer the more vague rendering in Matthew to the obviously anti-trinitarian Mark 12 rendering.

the Shema was a pretty big deal to Judaism, they would recite it many times a day. Jesus said the greatest commandment was built on this foundation. then you fast forward to modern mainstream Christianity and the Shema seems to be forgotten. i wonder why?
growing up baptist i cant remember my church ever proclaiming the Shema.

Reactions: Wrangler

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I didn't give an opinion. I gave Scripture. So you're saying Scripture is "deluded"?
Oh, please allow me to repeat myself, 'as opposed to your utterly misguided and deluded opinion?'
kcnalp, news flash, your feeble, and at this point, inept, opinion is not on the equivalence of Scripture

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Have not I the Lord, and there is no God else besides me? A just God and a Savior, there is none besides me" (Is. 45:21), yet Jesus is called "the great God and our Savior" (Tit. 2:13), in addition to "the Word" made flesh (Jn. 1:1), and "the Word was God" (Jn. 1:14), for He is God incarnate. Also, do you deny the one God refers to Himself in the singular and plural in the Old and New Testament?
5,000 times in the singular, twice as plural (elohim is only plural).
don't even try

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, you do not deny God refers to Himself in the singular and plural. Good. Do you deny Jesus is God incarnate?
Do I deny that Jesus is God incarnate - I vehemently denounce and denigrate the concept of Jesus, or any other entity other than God the Father, as being deity.

Status
Not open for further replies.