The Christian Hope

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tuesday 8-1-23 3rd. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, AV 14 5783, 42nd. Summer Day

When the Inheritance and When Born Again?

We repeat the question: When do Christians become inheritors—and no longer heirs? When is one truly BORN AGAIN?
Recall that Paul wrote, “Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither does corruption inherit incorruption” (I Cor. 15:50).
Fleshly human beings cannot enter the kingdom of God—the Family of God, ruling over the entire Earth.
Christ told Nicodemus that, “Except a man be born again, he cannot SEE the kingdom of God.” When Nicodemus was confused, Christ said, “That which is born of the flesh IS flesh” and “that which is born of the Spirit IS spirit” (John 3:3-6).

God’s Word teaches that the dead in Christ are resurrected at His Return. Some will not believe this, preferring to believe the dead go to heaven after having been “born again” in this life, upon “professing” or “accepting” Jesus.
Paul explained: “Now if Christ be preached that He rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.”

This is God’s answer to all those who will not believe in the resurrection of the dead—in being BORN AGAIN. Paul continues explaining, “For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: and if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; you are yet in your sins [understanding the resurrection becomes serious]. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished” (I Cor. 15:12-14, 16-18).

There are few scriptures stronger than these. If there is no resurrection, then Christianity is a vain religion! So says God!
Only through Christ, the firstborn, can others be born later. Christ comes first, with others appearing later in their own order. But when does this happen? When are others “born again”? “For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s AT HIS COMING” (vs. 22-23).
Christians are born again “at His Coming”—not before!

Now here is what happens at the resurrection: “Behold, I show you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump [the moment of Christ’s Return]: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [body from human birth] must put on immortality [divine body at spirit birth]” (vs. 51-53).

The flesh is changed to spirit only at the resurrection.
Let’s examine one more important verse from Paul to remove all doubt about when it occurs and what happens when it does: “But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep.” Most are ignorant about the resurrection—and them that are asleep—but they need not be. Now notice why Paul taught what he did: “that you sorrow not, even as others which have no hope” (I Thes. 4:13).

Many are now “asleep in Christ.” They are sleeping in the grave, awaiting the resurrection and rebirth. Christians hope to be resurrected.
Here is exactly when the resurrection occurs: “For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMP OF GOD: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord” (vs. 16-17).
In John 14:3, Christ said, “I will come again.” Isaiah wrote, “Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and His arm shall rule for Him: behold, His reward is with Him” (40:10).

At that time, Daniel said, “many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake [from sleep]…to everlasting life” (12:2). The knowledge that the dead are asleep in the grave has been understood since long before the New Testament era.

Love, Walter And Debbie