The Church Is The Israel Of God, Children Of The Promised Seed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
HA, HA, HA! That is SO... funny, and such a HUGE LIE.

I used The Englishman's Concordance. But I also have a Strong's, and many other Bible study tools!

You only show even worse... ignorance by your FALSE ASSUMPTIONS above. I don't know why I even waste my time answering you, since you are such an obvious liar.

You haven't yet told us in which tool you found "spert".

We're waiting.

Last edited:

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have already given solid Biblical proof that Greek 'naos' is ALSO USED to point to the LITERAL STONE TEMPLE in Jerusalem,
No you have not "given us any solid proof that the Greek "naos" is of a "LITERAL STONE TEMPLE" at all. You need to read my post above in #496.
I used The Englishman's Concordance. But I also have a Strong's, and many other Bible study tools!
Since you say you have a Strong's concordance I suggest you read this....(Note: I have underlined Strong's definition of the use of "naos" and separated the sections that ended with a period for simpler reading ability)

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 3485: ναός

ναός, ναοῦ, ὁ (ναίω to dwell), the Sept. for הֵיכָל, used of the temple at Jerusalem, but only of the sacred edifice (or sanctuary) itself, consisting of the Holy place and the Holy of holies (in classical Greek used of the sanctuary or cell of a temple, where the image of the god was placed, called also δόμος, σηκός, which is to be distinguished from τό ἱερόν, the whole temple, the entire consecrated enclosure; this distinction is observed also in the Bible; see ἱερόν, p. 299{a}):

Matthew 23:16f, 35; 27:40: Mark 14:58; Mark 15:29: John 2:19; Revelation 11:2; nor need Matthew 27:5 be regarded as an exception, provided we suppose that Judas in his desperation entered the Holy place, which no one but the priests was allowed to enter ((note the εἰς (others, ἐν) of T Tr WH)).

with Θεοῦ, τοῦ Θεοῦ, added: Matthew 26:61; 1 Corinthians 3:17; 2 Corinthians 6:16; 2 Thessalonians 2:4; Revelation 11:1;used specifically of the Holy place, where the priests officiated: Luke 1:9f;of the Holy of Holies (see καταπέτασμα),
Matthew 27:51; Mark 15:38; Luke 23:45.

in the visions of the Revelation used of the temple of the 'New Jerusalem': Revelation 3:12; Revelation 7:15: Revelation 11:19; Revelation 14:15, 17; Revelation 15:5f, 8; Revelation 16:1, 17; of any temple whatever prepared for the true God, Acts 7:48 Rec.; .

of miniature silver temples modeled after the temple of Diana (i. e. Artemis (which see)) of Ephesus, Acts 19:24.

ὁ Θεός ναός αὐτῆς ἐστιν, takes the place of a temple in it, Revelation 21:22.

metaphorically, of a company of Christians, a Christian church, as dwelt in by the Spirit of God:1 Corinthians 3:16: 2 Corinthians 6:16; Ephesians 2:21; for the same reason, of the bodies of Christians, 1 Corinthians 6:19.

of the body of Christ, ὁ ναός τοῦ σώματος αὐτοῦ (epexegetical genitive (Winer's Grammar, 531 (494))), John 2:21, and according to the Evangelist's interpretation in 19 also. ((From Homer on.))​

Last edited:
Reactions: covenantee