The Cleansing of the Sanctuary & The 70 Weeks of Daniel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Raeneske said:

Shturt678,
If the rendering is supposed to say building Jerusalem *for* Messiah the prince, then it may make sense to say seven weeks. But the KJV says "unto" meaning, to His time. That is, 7 weeks of years for the spiritual building for Jerusalem, and 62 more weeks of years until the Messiah appeared. This is my understanding of it.

Thank you for your response!

Dan.9:25, "....Unto an Anointed One, a Prince, there will be seven heptads....." Contexually 'periods' here and not weeks or years. Thank you for seeing two periods of time Mr. Raeneske. :) For the building for the "spiritual Jerusalem." :blink: The first of these dtwo constructive periods is one that culminates in teh coming of an important presonage,correct, ie, 1st Coming of Christ. Note both "Anointed One, a Prince" are anarthrous thus the emphasis lies on the qualities described by the terms as such: this one has an anointing; He is of princely character, ie, Mashi(a)ch, eg, king of Israel, high priest of Israel, Cyrus, or, resulting contextually resulting pointing to the regel character of the personage expected, the other Mash(a)ch would seem to point to his priestly office.

This yields an interpretation that is entirely in harmony with another well-established fact, that the MESSIAH, ie, of course, Mash(a)ch, is known to have combined these two offices in one Person as Ps.110.4 (my favorite :) ) and Zech.6:13 show.

Why, for example, should the Coming of our Lord Christ not be marked in the program of God for the ages? :blink: That is one of the most significant junctures of history, correct?

Old trying to think Jack

B

brakelite

Arnie Manitoba said:
Trivia
SDA , JW's . & maybe Mormons used a similar calculation to come up with a mid 1800' s timeline for "the end of the world"
It didnt happen as they predicted so they played with the math and added another 7 years , but that didnt work either.
At that time(early to mid 19th century) there was an awakening worldwide to the prophecies of sacred scripture, particularly in relation to coming judgment, and the second coming of jesus. On all continents, and in a variety of denominations, preachers were being led by the Holy Spirit to focus and study, and teach, truths that had lain dormant for centuries. It was only natural that many would make mistakes. Offshoots...fanatics...complete error...Satan knew what was going on and he was determined to oppose and confuse. Yet God was patient, and with those who were determined to know the truth, God revealed Himself. He opened the Word and the errors and heresies that had held the church in bondage for over 1500 years were slowly but surely being peeled away. God began this work with the early reformers, directing people to the Bible and away from man's fallacies and dogmas.
In OT times the sanctuary and its services served to represent the gospel to Israel. Everything within the sanctaury, and the services themselves, was a pictorial portrayal of the coming ministry of Christ. The truths of the NT church, her doctrines and core beliefs, find their counterpart in the OT sanctuary. Soon after the apostles left the scene, the falling away spoken of by Paul began. Truth was trampled underfoot, superstitions and rank heresies began to make themslves popular, and the church sank into the dark ages. Daniel warned of this time of apostasy....
Da 8:12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?
Thus, beginning with Wycliffe (the morning star of the reformation), God began to re-establish truth among His people. Various reformers brought to light distinct truths long since buried under heaps of lies and superstitions. The true nature of the atonement, baptism, prayer, the scriptures, the ministry of the Holy Spirit,(the altar, the laver, the incense, the shewbread, and the candles, all were given their rightful place and re-established within the new testament sanctuary, the church.

Unfortunately, many of the reformers grew jealous of one another, their folowers cleaved to the truths that their leaders had uncovered, but remained there and failed to grow and take hold of anything new. Thus we ended up with denominations linked to specific doctrines, but not apprehending the bigger picture. God earnestly desired to reveal more, and it was becoming urgent, thus the great spiritual awakening of the 19th century, and the inevitable opposition. Opposition from within the established congregations, and opposition from the world. In the midst of all this however was a small group of people who sincerely desired to know and understand more...they may have been wrong concerning the event of 1844...but the dates and the timelines remained absolutely secure despite the most intense investigation by Bible scholars.

By the 19th century, the truths that had so recently been brought to light languished once again under the weight of apathy and denominational jealousies, yet God was not finished. There was one area of ministry that had yet to be given its rightful place, one piece of most important furniture and the items inside it, that had been trampled underfoot not only by the papal apostasy, but unrecognized so far by protestantism. That one area had to do with the law, and the time of judgment which had its parallel in the day of atonment when the High Priest entered into the most holy place. It was this truth that the church in the mid 1800s misunderstood, and to which the 2300 day/year prophecy pointed.

Yes, there were a number of false churches and false leaders which arose during those years. Yet God's truth was to be brought forth. Look for a people today who had their roots in that period, who teach all those truths of former years, and teach and practice the significance of God eternal law, how it relates to God's mercy and grace, and who are today warning the world of impending judgement vis-a-vis the cleansing of the sanctuary of Daniel 8.

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
brakelite said:
At that time(early to mid 19th century) there was an awakening worldwide to the prophecies of sacred scripture, particularly in relation to ...

... the Book of Daniel.

With Best Regards,
DD

shturt678 said:
That is one of the most significant junctures of history, correct?

Hi shturt678,

INCORRECT. This passage has NOTHING to do with Jesus, in spite of all the confusion, scholarly opinion, and commentary assertions.

Lev 4:3
If the priest that is anointed [H4899, mashiyach] do sin according to the sin of the people; then let him bring for his sin, which he hath sinned, a young bullock without blemish unto the LORD for a sin offering.

... thus the term you cite is not as you propose:

CEV Footnote
9.25 the Chosen Leader: Or “a chosen leader.” In Hebrew the word “chosen” means “to pour oil (on someone’s head).” In Old Testament times it was the custom to pour oil on a person’s head when that person was chosen to be a priest or a king.

With Best Regards,
DD

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
DaDad said:
... the Book of Daniel.

With Best Regards,
DD

Hi shturt678,

INCORRECT. This passage has NOTHING to do with Jesus, in spite of all the confusion, scholarly opinion, and commentary assertions.

Lev 4:3
If the priest that is anointed [H4899, mashiyach] do sin according to the sin of the people; then let him bring for his sin, which he hath sinned, a young bullock without blemish unto the LORD for a sin offering.

... thus the term you cite is not as you propose:

CEV Footnote
9.25 the Chosen Leader: Or “a chosen leader.” In Hebrew the word “chosen” means “to pour oil (on someone’s head).” In Old Testament times it was the custom to pour oil on a person’s head when that person was chosen to be a priest or a king.

With Best Regards,
DD
Thank you for your response again!

Dan.9:25 This passage is extremely important as deals with the future development of the "Kingdom of God." Due to the import of this passage it's necessary to grasp that historcially the interpretations have been divided into three groups of interpretation. The 3rd school that I hold valid: Interpreting the prophecy eschatologically, as an announcement of the development of the "Kingdom of God" from the end of the Exile on to the perfecting of the "Kingdom of God" by the 2nd Coming of Christ at the end of days.

Old Jack

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
shturt678 said:
interpretations have been divided into three groups of interpretation.
Hi shturt678,

Do you actually suggest three excuses for ignorance?

Given your lack of acknowledgement to the Lev. 4:3 context, I would propose you now have FOUR!

With Best Regards,
DD

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
DaDad said:
Hi shturt678,

Given your lack of acknowledgement to the Lev. 4:3 context, I would propose you now have FOUR!

With Best Regards,
DD
Thank you for your response again and your input!

I due claim 'ignorance,' and this is why I'm of a lower paygrade.

I do admit a little on the lazy side at my old age, however not a good excuse for not responding. I scrutinize all other's 'inputs' carefully, ie, Lev. is in my backyard, eg, Lev.4:3 Expiatory sacrifices, ie, sacrifices for different offences, eg, the sin of the high priest, (here the "anointed priest"). `

If he sinned "to the sinning of the nation," ie, in his official position as representative of the nation before the Lord, Preincarnate God-man Jesus Christ, YHWH, and the Holy Spirit, and not just in his own personal relation to the Preincarnate God-man Jesus Christ, he was to offer for a sin-offering because of his sin an ox without blemish, the largest of all the sacrificial animals, because he filled the highest post in Israel before the Preincarnate God-man Jesus Christ.

Old Jack, ie, one cannot help, but to agape our Lord Jesus Christ!

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
shturt678 said:
... Lev. is in my backyard, eg, Lev.4:3 ... ie, sacrifices for different offences, eg, the sin of the high priest, (here the "anointed priest"). `
Hi shturt678,

So back to the point of Daniel 9:25 where you interpreted H4899, mashiyach as the fulfillment of ONLY Jesus, which would be inconsistent with Lev. 4:3, and possibly the total 39 citations. Thus a rational person should conclude that H4899, mashiyach IS NOT an exclusive reference to Jesus, and in fact discover Dan. 9:25 DOES NOT reference Jesus AT ALL, according to both Scripture and History.

But how can Scripture and History prevail against the popularity of false doctrines?

With Best Regards,
DD

B

brakelite

Da dad.....Not only are you dead wrong, but I also object to your insinuations and disrespect to Jack. First he's ignorant, now he's irrational? Regardless of whether he's right or wrong, you need an attitude adjustment.

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi brakelite,

-------- FIRST POINT ---------------------------------------------------

brakelite said:
... are you dead wrong,
Perhaps you would be willing to explore the FACTS regarding the 9th Chapter of Daniel as presented to shurt678 in the Topic: "Let God be true and every man a liar - Rom. 3:4", in Post #34.

DaDad said:
Hi shturt678,

In John Walvoord's book "Daniel, The Key To Prophetic Revelation", Edward Young is cited per the following:

[SIZE=12pt]This phrase has reference to the issuance of the word, not from a Persian ruler but from God." [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt], P. 224 [/SIZE]

And of course, the rest of the esteemed scholars have reservations regarding ANY chronology relating to ancient history:

1. Per Walvoord: "...Montgomery, for all of his scholarship and knowledge of the history of interpretation, ends up with no reasonable interpretation at all.”, P.218

2. Per Walvoord: "...as Young points out, the word ‘sevens’ is in the masculine plural instead of the usual feminine plural. No clear explanation is given except that Young feels ‘it was for the deliberate purpose of calling attention to the fact that the word “sevens” is employed in an unusual sense.’", P.217

3. Per Walvoord: "...Young finally concludes after some discussion that Keit and Kliefoth are correct when they hold that the word ‘sevens’ does not necessarily mean year-weeks, but an intentionally indefinite designation of a period of time measured by the number seven, which chronological duration must be determined on other grounds.” , P.218

4. Per Montgomery: "... efforts to obtain an exact chronology fitting into the history of Salvation, after these 2,000 years of infinitely varied interpretations, would seem to preclude any use of the 70 Weeks for the determination of a definite prophetic chronology.", P. 217

5. Per Walvoord: "Some amillenarians, however, use a literal year time unit for the first sixty-nine weeks but an indefinite period for the last seven years, as in the case of Philip Mauro...", P. 218

6. Per Montgomery: "... the great Catholic chronographers ... as well as those of all subsequent chronographers (including the great Scalinger and Sir Isaac Newton) have failed.. And Edward Young too, finds no satisfactory conclusion for the seventy sevens ... and leaves it without a satisfactory explanation.", P. 217

Perhaps the commentators should follow the Angelic guidance:

Dan. 12:4
4 But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, until the time of the end. ...
Dan. 12:9
9 He said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end.

And so I would argue for a Modern interpretation for this Book of Daniel.

With Best Regards,
DD

-------- SECOND POINT ---------------------------------------------------

brakelite said:
First he's ignorant, ...
Please follow the conversation a little more closely:

shturt678 said:
... the interpretations have been divided into three groups of interpretation.
DaDad said:
-- GOD provides ONE solution for prophecy, not THREE. If various commentators propose THREE, then certainly TWO or more probably THREE are INCORRECT (i.e., uninformed [ignorant], or untruthful). And the more "solutions", (i.e., a "legion" of interpretations for Daniel 9) the more confidence we have that NONE are correct.

-------- THIRD POINT ---------------------------------------------------

brakelite said:
...now he's irrational?

(Please note the "offending" text is highlighted in red for this discussion.)
DaDad said:
So back to the point of Daniel 9:25 where you interpreted H4899, mashiyach as the fulfillment of ONLY Jesus, which would be inconsistent with Lev. 4:3, and possibly the total 39 citations. Thus a rational person should conclude that H4899, mashiyach IS NOT an exclusive reference to Jesus, and in fact discover Dan. 9:25 DOES NOT reference Jesus AT ALL, according to both Scripture and History.

-------- FOURTH POINT ---------------------------------------------------

brakelite said:
... whether he's right or wrong, you need an attitude adjustment.
Perhaps the problem lies in your reading comprehension.

-------- LAST POINT ---------------------------------------------------

Perhaps you could address the merit of the discussion, rather than assailing the presenters.

With Best Regards,
DD

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Jesus and I are sittin on the couch scratchin our heads over all these posts :)

That's is some deep stuff :)

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
RANDOR said:
Jesus and I are sittin on the couch scratchin our heads over all these posts :)
Hi Randor,

I think Jesus knows the hearts of men, and how people use any diversion available to avoid answering Scripture and History. So in this topic, who has assessed this 9th Chapter for the text (i.e., shibiym/shabuwa); context (i.e., Dan. 12:4/9); and history (i.e., Montgomery, Young, Scalinger, Newton, and the "great Catholic chronographers")?

So are you part of the problem, or part of the solution?

With Best Regards,
DD

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
DaDad said:
Hi brakelite,

-------- FIRST POINT ---------------------------------------------------

Perhaps you would be willing to explore the FACTS regarding the 9th Chapter of Daniel as presented to shurt678 in the Topic: "Let God be true and every man a liar - Rom. 3:4", in Post #34.

-------- SECOND POINT ---------------------------------------------------

-- GOD provides ONE solution for prophecy, not THREE. If various commentators propose THREE, then certainly TWO or more probably THREE are INCORRECT (i.e., uninformed [ignorant], or untruthful). And the more "solutions", (i.e., a "legion" of interpretations for Daniel 9) the more confidence we have that NONE are correct.

-------- THIRD POINT ---------------------------------------------------

(Please note the "offending" text is highlighted in red for this discussion.)

-------- FOURTH POINT ---------------------------------------------------

Perhaps the problem lies in your reading comprehension.

-------- LAST POINT ---------------------------------------------------

Perhaps you could address the merit of the discussion, rather than assailing the presenters.

With Best Regards,
DD
Thank you again for your response! And RANDOR's as I now know where our Lord Jesus went after departing me.

Your response was great using sources (very familiar with them) that interpreted going from the English backwards to the ancient languages, grammatically and not so much contextually; however above my paygrade, and too deep for me thus will do the best I can.

Dan.9:25 Let's narrow down my ignorance contained, contextually, implicatudely, including grammatically, within the principle parts of Dan.9:24-27 in which v.25 unfolds is contextually within, backpeddling to v.24 where Mr. Montgomery stated an invalid case along with Mr. Farrar for openers. From me:

Dan.9:24, "70 heptads are determined over thy people and over the holy city.....
First triad: 1st Coming of the God-man Lord Jesus Christ: ...to restrain the transgression...and to seal up sin....and to make reconciliation for iniquity;....
Second triad: 2nd Coming (Parousia) of the God-man Lord Jesus Christ: to bring in everlasting righteousness....and to seal up vision and prophecy...and to anoint the Most Holy."

The six statements that follow cover the sum (total) of the purposes of God with men, ie, perfect consummation of the Messiah's work that will be achieved when the 2nd Coming, and the judgment have transpired - the first triad are the things that are to be removed, the second triad those that are to be attained - all simple basic Hebrew 101, Hebrew poetry.

The argument advanced most frequently that I confronted decades ago was the one which makes use of the idea of the sabbatical year, found in Lev.25-26:33 or so. Mr. Montgomery states the case thus; "The term (shabhu'a) iks not used absolutely of years elsewhere in the Bible, although the seven-year periods cuminating in a Sabbath (Lev.25-26:33 or so) would suggest such a use." Gong! Fallacious!

Old non-poetic Jack's view

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi shturt678,

shturt678 said:
Dan.9:24, "70 heptads
First of all, it's puzzling that you criticized me in Topic, "How close is the Seven Year Tribulation?", Post #606, for not using the original text, and here you are not using the original text. The fact is, the word in discussion is shibiym/shabuwa.

Shibiym is the "unusual" inconcise Masculine gender text (plural), which is found in the "seventy weeks", "seven weeks", and "sixty-two weeks".
Shabuwa is the common concise Feminine gender text (singular), which is found in the "seventieth week".

Toward this Young, Keit, & Kliefoth all agree that the shibiym is NOT a duration of "seven" but an indefinite period of time. Furthermore, the shibiym is ONLY found in the 9th Chapter of Daniel.

shturt678 said:
... perfect consummation of the Messiah's work
If this Chapter were perfectly assignable to Jesus, then why does Walvoord cite Montgomery, Young, Newton, Mauro, Scalinger, and the "great Catholic chronographers", as not finding an historical fulfillment.

Per your logic, perhaps Scripture is correct, but History is wrong. Or Scripture is wrong, and History is correct.
Per my logic, BOTH Scripture and History are CORRECT.

With Best Regards,
DD

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
DaDad said:
Hi shturt678,

First of all, it's puzzling that you criticized me in Topic, "How close is the Seven Year Tribulation?", Post #606, for not using the original text, and here you are not using the original text. The fact is, the word in discussion is shibiym/shabuwa.

Shibiym is the "unusual" inconcise Masculine gender text (plural), which is found in the "seventy weeks", "seven weeks", and "sixty-two weeks".
Shabuwa is the common concise Feminine gender text (singular), which is found in the "seventieth week".

Toward this Young, Keit, & Kliefoth all agree that the shibiym is NOT a duration of "seven" but an indefinite period of time. Furthermore, the shibiym is ONLY found in the 9th Chapter of Daniel.

If this Chapter were perfectly assignable to Jesus, then why does Walvoord cite Montgomery, Young, Newton, Mauro, Scalinger, and the "great Catholic chronographers", as not finding an historical fulfillment.

Per your logic, perhaps Scripture is correct, but History is wrong. Or Scripture is wrong, and History is correct.
Per my logic, BOTH Scripture and History are CORRECT.

With Best Regards,
DD
Thank you again for your response.

I'm sorry you took this as 'criticism,' and not as IITim.3:16, "refute or correction" sir?

The original word to be discussed must first and foremost be discussed contextually and aspectually, ie, not Textually as you and others have done. Text without context is pretext which I'm sure your aware of.

Old Jackster

btw I use our Lord's reasoning, ie, deductive syllogistically.

Thank you again, and appreciate you and your views sir.

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
To All,

I'm not sure why people parse words, instead of Scripture. Is the "church" so self-absorbed that they can't have a Scriptural discussion?

This is only one piece of the incongruity regarding what so many mistakenly believe regarding the 9th Chapter of Daniel. But apparently people would rather discount than discover, distract than dialogue, and accuse than acknowledge.

With Best Regards,
DD

B

brakelite

Dadad...
Thankyou for your attempt to soften your attitude. Still, saying a 'rational' person believes the way you do is by inference saying all who do not believe as you do are irrational. Do you suppose that those who believe Daniel 9:25 refers directly to Jesus came to such a conclusion without careful and prayerful thought? I put it to you that the books of Daniel were indeed sealed til the time of the end, but that simply means that they wouldn't be understood until those things had come to pass ; it doesn't mean everything in the book would take place at the very end. Some things, yes, but the prophecies began to unfold in Daniels lifetime. Hence the references by the angel to Babylon, Media/Persia, and Greece. and the growth and rise and fall of those empires, and those that followed, over the ensuing 2500 years.

As to the 7 weeks, and 62 weeks, this represents two stages in the establishment of Israel after the captivity. It took precisely 7 heptads, that is 49 years, to rebuild the city, the wall etc, then the following 62 weeks, or 483 years to theMessiah, fulfilled to the exact date in 27AD when Jesus was baptised and annointed of the Holy Spirit. So simple, so clean, so neat. So miraculous.
afsg18-10.jpg

The commandment to restore Jerusalem was one commandment given by three different kings.
Ezr 6:14 And the elders of the Jews builded, and they prospered through the prophesying of Haggai the prophet and Zechariah the son of Iddo. And they builded, and finished it, according to the commandment of the God of Israel, and according to the commandment of Cyrus, and Darius, and Artaxerxes king of Persia.
The third and final stage of the one commandment was given by Artexerxes in the year 457 BC. It was a commandment of God, but given throguh secular rulers.

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi brakelite.

brakelite said:
Thankyou for your attempt to soften your attitude.

Still, saying a 'rational' person believes the way you do is by inference saying all who do not believe as you do are irrational.
What?!? You made several accusatory comments, which I rebuffed.

And now you suggest that being "rational" is based upon the eye-of-the-beholder. Simple logic dictates rationality, as Mr. Spock exemplified in the TV series "Star Trek".

brakelite said:
Do you suppose that those who believe Daniel 9:25 refers directly to Jesus came to such a conclusion without careful and prayerful thought?
There wasn't a SHRED of "prayerful thought". Who in their right mind would:

1. DISOBEY the Angelic instructions in Dan. 12:4 & Dan. 12:9
2. IGNORE the shibiym inconcise Masculine gender text; and treat it as though it were the shabuwa concise Feminine gender text
3. DISREGARD that the "going forth of the Word" inferred a DIRECT GOD dictate; and ascribe it to a MAN-MADE dictate
4. TWIST Scripture from the "seven" as one duration and the "sixty-two" as a second duration; and ascribe a SINGLE duration of sixty-nine
5. CONTRIVE that there was not ONE anointed one after the seven and a SECOND anointed one after the sixty-two; but ascribe s SINGLE anointed one after the sixty-nine
6. ABUSE what is an end-time fulfillment; and arrive to a historically IMPOSSIBLE ancient history assertion
7. DECEIVE an entire audience into believing that the seventieth week is not a coherent part of the seventy; but is magically transported to some distant future fulfillment
8. CONNIVE the Peace Agreement seventieth week; as though it were the "Tribulation" duration

ALL these things are known to the scholars, but they are unable to resolve the fulfillment. So then the commentators apparently feel compelled to have a "solution" and they make lies out of whole cloth.

And it's out of their prevarications that your purported "fulfillment" lays.

Perhaps you could use some DISCOVER, DIALOGUE, and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. And if you're interested, I'd be more than happy to present what Scripture ACTUALLY says, and what History ACTUALLY fulfills.

With Best Regards,
DD

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
DaDad said:
Hi brakelite.

What?!? You made several accusatory comments, which I rebuffed.

And now you suggest that being "rational" is based upon the eye-of-the-beholder. Simple logic dictates rationality, as Mr. Spock exemplified in the TV series "Star Trek".

There wasn't a SHRED of "prayerful thought". Who in their right mind would:

1. DISOBEY the Angelic instructions in Dan. 12:4 & Dan. 12:9
2. IGNORE the shibiym inconcise Masculine gender text; and treat it as though it were the shabuwa concise Feminine gender text
3. DISREGARD that the "going forth of the Word" inferred a DIRECT GOD dictate; and ascribe it to a MAN-MADE dictate
4. TWIST Scripture from the "seven" as one duration and the "sixty-two" as a second duration; and ascribe a SINGLE duration of sixty-nine
5. CONTRIVE that there was not ONE anointed one after the seven and a SECOND anointed one after the sixty-two; but ascribe s SINGLE anointed one after the sixty-nine
6. ABUSE what is an end-time fulfillment; and arrive to a historically IMPOSSIBLE ancient history assertion
7. DECEIVE an entire audience into believing that the seventieth week is not a coherent part of the seventy; but is magically transported to some distant future fulfillment
8. CONNIVE the Peace Agreement seventieth week; as though it were the "Tribulation" duration

ALL these things are known to the scholars, but they are unable to resolve the fulfillment. So then the commentators apparently feel compelled to have a "solution" and they make lies out of whole cloth.

And it's out of their prevarications that your purported "fulfillment" lays.

Perhaps you could use some DISCOVER, DIALOGUE, and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. And if you're interested, I'd be more than happy to present what Scripture ACTUALLY says, and what History ACTUALLY fulfills.

With Best Regards,
DD
Thank you for caring again!

The solution of Dan.9:25, "seven heptads" again lies in v.24 where v.25 is a fuller incontrovertibly explication of the contents of v.24, solve v.24 solves v.25 contextually and aspectually. The factual evidence of the fomer is in v.25, "But know thou and understand:" where this explication is introduced by these words sir.

Old helpful Jack's opinion

btw Dan.9:24 is about the two Comings of the God-man Jesus Christ, ie, our precious Lord Who is paying attention to this thread.

Prayfully doing my best to no longer offend our Lord (Rom.3:18).

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brakelite

I agree with your concept but you have the wrong starting point and year and rightly so, will have an incorrect calculations from point A to point B. How did you come up with the sum of 490 years from 457 BC to 34 AD? It does not compute to 490 years. Besides, there were nothing significant that happened during those two dates.

I agree that there were three commands given but which command was the correct one, and when was the year it was given? And, what is the nature to rebuild Jerusalem signify, a literal or a spiritual rebuilding? All these must be factored in to get to truths.

The 70 weeks of Daniel 9 has two paths starting at the same year. I have given you some pointers and maybe you can figure it out since your post is the only one I've read that comes close to understanding the 70 Weeks of Daniel 9, only as so far as the dates are concerned.

God willing, perhaps I can share more in a day or so.

To God Be The Glory

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Jun2u said:
Brakelite

I agree with your concept but you have the wrong starting point and year and rightly so, will have an incorrect calculations from point A to point B. How did you come up with the sum of 490 years from 457 BC to 34 AD? It does not compute to 490 years. Besides, there were nothing significant that happened during those two dates.

I agree that there were three commands given but which command was the correct one, and when was the year it was given? And, what is the nature to rebuild Jerusalem signify, a literal or a spiritual rebuilding? All these must be factored in to get to truths.

The 70 weeks of Daniel 9 has two paths starting at the same year. I have given you some pointers and maybe you can figure it out since your post is the only one I've read that comes close to understanding the 70 Weeks of Daniel 9, only as so far as the dates are concerned.

God willing, perhaps I can share more in a day or so.

To God Be The Glory
Just curious?

Regarding Dan.9:24, "Seventy heptads".....What's wrong with covering the time of Daniel to the consummation of all things at the end of time, ie, God's program for all ages?

When you get a chance,

Old Jack

btw, sorry, enjoying the thread too much.