The Coming Storm: Prophetic Dream

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Americans in my opinion would benefit from a storm, we’ve became lazy fat and vain.
I agree, and we are having a storm! God uses storms to draw people to Himself and wake His people up. There will come a day when American Christians will see their dire need for the Lord and for one another, despite minor doctrinal differences. With mixed feelings, I have longed for that day. This may or may not be that day.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus became a man, just like us, so that HE could be our example, just like HIM. And where HE had direct communication with GOD, so too EVERY CHRISTIAN who has faith.

But some Christians don't have faith, and so they will not receive. -- You can't receive what you won't accept. :)
Bobby Jo

Exactly.

Prime example: Local baptists don't believe in the gifts of the Spirit.
So, the Gifts are not in operations.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, again, the Biblical characters that you mentioned performed miraculous feats. When a donkey speaks, it grabs the attention of everyone in the vicinity, and all are convinced of the divine intervention. When a teenager defeats a seasoned warrior giant, that no other mature soldier would dare confront, no one questions the inspiration. When Joseph prophesies as a teenager, something that defies all probability at the time, then comes to pass in the most unanticipated manner, we clearly see God's hand in the matter.

The Unknown Saints
WILLIAM WORDSWORTH IN A FINE PASSAGE states his belief that there are many more poets in the world than we suppose,
". . .men endowed with highest gifts, The vision and the faculty divine," but who are unknown because they lacked or failed to cultivate the gift of versification. Then he sums up his belief in a sentence that suggests truth far beyond any that he had in mind at the time: "Strongest minds Are often those of whom the noisy world Hears least."

Most of us in our soberer moments would admit the soundness of this observation, but the hard fact is that for the average person it is not the findings of the sober moment that determine our total working philosophy; rather it is the shallow and deceptive notions pressed upon us by the "noisy world." Human society generally (and especially in the United States) has fallen into the error of assuming that greatness and fame are synonymous. Americans appear to take for granted that each generation provides a certain number of superior men and the democratic processes unerringly find those men and set them in a place of prominence. How wrong can people get!

We have but to become acquainted with, or even listen to, the big names of our times to discover how wretchedly inferior most of them are. Many appear to have arrived at their present eminence by pull, brass, nerve, gall and lucky accident. We turn away from them sick to our stomach and wonder for a discouraged moment if this is the best the human race can produce. But we gain our self-possession again by the simple expedient of recalling some of the plain men we know, who live unheralded and unsung, and who are made of stuff infinitely finer than the hoarse-voiced braggarts who occupy too many of the highest offices in the land.

If we would see life steadily and see it whole we must make a stern effort to break away from the power of that false philosophy that equates greatness with fame. The two may be and often are oceans and continents apart.

If the church were a body wholly unaffected by the world we could toss the above problem over to the secular philosophers and go about our business; but the truth is that the church also suffers from this evil notion. Christians have fallen into the habit of accepting the noisiest and most notorious among them as the best and the greatest. They too have learned to equate popularity with excellence, and in open defiance of the Sermon on the Mount they have given their approval not to the meek but to the self-assertive; not to the mourner but to the self-assured; not to the pure in heart who see God but to the publicity hunter who seeks headlines.

If we might paraphrase Wordsworth we could make his lines run, "Purest saints Are often those of whom the noisy church Hears least," and the words would be true, deeply, wonderfully true.

After more than thirty years of observing the religious scene I have been forced to conclude that saintliness and church leadership are not often synonymous. I have on many occasions preached to grateful Christians who had gone so much farther than I had into the sweet mysteries of God that I actually felt unworthy to tie their shoe laces. Yet they sat meekly listening while one inferior to them stood in the place of prominence and declared imperfectly truths with which they had long been familiar by intimate and beautiful experience. They must have known and felt how much of theory and how little of real heart knowledge there was in the sermon, but they said nothing and no doubt appreciated what little of good there was in the message.

Were the church a pure and Spirit-filled body, wholly led and directed by spiritual considerations, certainly the purest and the saintliest men and women would be the ones most appreciated and most honored; but the opposite is true. Godliness is no longer valued, except for the very old or the very dead. The saintly souls are forgotten in the whirl of religious activity. The noisy, the self-assertive, the entertaining are sought after and rewarded in every way, with gifts, crowds, offerings and publicity. The Christ-like, the self-forgetting, the other-worldly are jostled aside to make room for the latest converted playboy who is usually not too well converted and still very much of a playboy.

The whole short-sighted philosophy that ignores eternal qualities and majors on trivialities is a form of unbelief. These Christians who embody such a philosophy are clamoring after present reward; they are too impatient to wait the Lord's time. They will not abide the day when Christ shall make known the secret of every man's heart and reward each one according to his deeds. The true saint sees farther than this; he cares little for passing values; he looks forward eagerly to the day when eternal things shall come into their own and godliness will be found to be all that matters.

Strange as it may be, the holiest souls who have ever lived have earned the reputation for being pessimistic. Their smiling indifference to the world's attractions and their steady resistance to its temptations have been misunderstood by shallow thinkers and attributed to an unsocial spirit and a lack of love for mankind. What the world failed to see was that these peculiar men and women were beholding a city invisible; they were walking day by day in the light of another and eternal kingdom. They were already tasting the powers of the world to come and enjoying afar the triumph of Christ and the glories of the new creation.

No, the unknown saints are riot pessimists, nor are they misanthropes or joykillers. They are by virtue of their godly faith the world's only true optimists. Their creed was stated simply by Julian of Norwich when she said, "But all shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well." Though sin is in the world, she argued, a frightful visitation to be reckoned with, yet so perfect is the atonement that the time will come when all evil shall be eradicated and everything restored again to its pristine beauty in Christ. Then "all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."

The wise Christian will be content to wait for that day. In the meantime, he will serve his generation in the will of God. If he should be overlooked in the religious popularity contests he will give it but small attention. He knows whom he is trying to please and he is willing to let the world think what it will of him. He will not be around much longer anyway, and where he is going men will be known not by their 'Hooper' rating but by the holiness of their character.

A.W. Tozer, Man- The Dwelling Place of God, The Unknown saints, Linked from Microsoft Word - A. W. Tozer Man - The Dwelling Place of God.mht (biblesnet.com)

Livingstone

Aug 30, 2020
Central U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Livingstone, are you for real? I cannot take what you say seriously when DNB has said some of the rudest things on this forum—ever. Just wait til he turns his condemnation against you. I don’t think you’ll be singing his praise. I recommend that you take a preemptive strike and begin praying for him now.

But I’ve concluded that anyone on a forum whose eloquence slightly rivals Shakespeare must not be on the up and up. Sorry, just chalk it up to the occupational hazard of an English teacher.

A word to the wise: everyone posting on a forum should keep in mind that as some see it, “all the world’s a stage....” This especially applies to forums where we can’t see who is who. Of course, God sees everything. Selah (meaning pause and ponder this).

Your ignorance precedes you, Prayer Warrior. It is only eclipsed by your vanity; "those who toot their own horn." Are these words too eloquent for you? I'll couch them differently so you'll understand: you're blind, vain, and fond of public displays of piety. Your posts are proof of this. For one who shrilly insists they "have" the Spirit of God, you lack the discernment which the Lord is pleased to impart to His servants.

Why are you asking me questions when you clearly know everything? Go on then, prove your piety by praying for those you condemn.

Reactions: DNB

Livingstone

Aug 30, 2020
Central U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's devil spirits, people mocking God, defaming Christians and the gift of the Holy Spirit.

This is what I saw in your words. The willingness to embrace truth is one thing but the perseverance required to embrace Truth is something else entirely. It's the difference between believing in the Lord (as the demons do) and believing He who is faithful and true. Do we put so much stock in ourselves that our hearts are hardened to the admonishment of our Father when His discipline comes? Better the stinging rebuke than the strong delusion which so many who profess the name of Christ embrace with all of their heart, mind, soul and strength.

Wisdom shouts in the street,
She raises her voice in the public square;
At the head of the noisy streets she cries out;
At the entrance of the gates in the city she declares her sayings:
“How long, you naive ones, will you love simplistic thinking?
And how long will scoffers delight themselves in scoffing
And fools hate knowledge?
Turn to my rebuke,
Behold, I will pour out my spirit on you;
I will make my words known to you.

(Proverbs 1:21-23)

I admire your heart because you refuse to wait upon anyone or anything apart from the Lord. The hollow bells who make themselves roosts for every foul and unclean spirit revel in the divinations which these lying spirits impart, gnashing their teeth upon the upright and discerning who declare their wicked deeds from the rooftops. "Cessationists!" they cry, currying the sympathy of their fellows who are deceived in like manner, mocking the Holy Spirit whom God gives to those who obey Him. The fruit of the Spirit is not evident in these but the works of the flesh are abundantly manifested. They have eyes to see but are blind... their ears itch and can only be scratched by those lying spirits they willingly embrace.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I saw in your words. The willingness to embrace truth is one thing but the perseverance required to embrace Truth is something else entirely. It's the difference between believing in the Lord (as the demons do) and believing He who is faithful and true. Do we put so much stock in ourselves that our hearts are hardened to the admonishment of our Father when His discipline comes? Better the stinging rebuke than the strong delusion which so many who profess the name of Christ embrace with all of their heart, mind, soul and strength.

Wisdom shouts in the street,
She raises her voice in the public square;
At the head of the noisy streets she cries out;
At the entrance of the gates in the city she declares her sayings:
“How long, you naive ones, will you love simplistic thinking?
And how long will scoffers delight themselves in scoffing
And fools hate knowledge?
Turn to my rebuke,
Behold, I will pour out my spirit on you;
I will make my words known to you.

(Proverbs 1:21-23)

I admire your heart because you refuse to wait upon anyone or anything apart from the Lord. The hollow bells who make themselves roosts for every foul and unclean spirit revel in the divinations which these lying spirits impart, gnashing their teeth upon the upright and discerning who declare their wicked deeds from the rooftops. "Cessationists!" they cry, currying the sympathy of their fellows who are deceived in like manner, mocking the Holy Spirit whom God gives to those who obey Him. The fruit of the Spirit is not evident in these but the works of the flesh are abundantly manifested. They have eyes to see but are blind... their ears itch and can only be scratched by those lying spirits they willingly embrace.
This all seems rather dramatic, how about their just scared?

Livingstone

Aug 30, 2020
Central U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's simple: our God is in heaven and He does whatever He pleases. His ways are not our ways nor are His thoughts our own. Who knows the mind of the Almighty unless God is pleased to reveal it to His servants? Ah, but our Father in heaven reveals His mind to us all in His Son, Jesus Christ whom He sent. There is no other in heaven nor upon this earth who is worthy of all praise, power, glory, authority, and honor apart from the Lamb who was slain from the foundation of the world.

Many are called but few are chosen, a saying which is hard and a stumbling block for the many who fancy themselves prophets, teachers, evangelists, pastors, and apostles. We shall know these by their fruit for without fail they seek to entice the unwary with the deeper things (mysteries), new revelations, and prophetic utterances which only they understand. There are even some who are able to deceive the elect for was it not written that the devil and his angels may come as ministers of light? These are the ones who grieve my heart for I have witnessed my brothers and sisters, one by one, snared by the trap of the fowler and thus fall by the wayside, lured astray by the desires of their own heart for "revival" in this world ruled by the wicked one. I have been silent for quite some time because the spectacle of what I have witnessed overwhelmed me.

There is a terrible cost associated with following Jesus Christ wherever He goes, nothing less than the life in these veins offered to Him freely and with no shadow of turning. Love not your own life even unto death! Indeed, we are to be like Him for there is no double-mindedness nor shadow of turning in the Living One who was dead and is alive forevermore. Just as well those whom He chooses suffer as He suffered, the truth of which we find expressed in the words of Paul and Barnabas in Acts 14:22: "It is through many tribulations that we must enter the kingdom of God."

I don't care if the wicked twist my words for it is their place to do so. They are like their father who was a liar from the beginning. I will offer encouragement to those who wait upon the Lord just as He encourages me even in these dry and desolate places: do not despair that He has not poured His Spirit upon you at this time. Your faithfulness in waiting upon Him is a testimony of endurance and your love for God. Remember this: if we have not love then we have nothing!

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your ignorance precedes you, Prayer Warrior. It is only eclipsed by your vanity; "those who toot their own horn." Are these words too eloquent for you? I'll couch them differently so you'll understand: you're blind, vain, and fond of public displays of piety. Your posts are proof of this. For one who shrilly insists they "have" the Spirit of God, you lack the discernment which the Lord is pleased to impart to His servants.

Why are you asking me questions when you clearly know everything? Go on then, prove your piety by praying for those you condemn.

Good try, my “friend.” You are trying to goad me right off this forum, BUT GOD may have other plans for me. We will see! At any rate, hell will not keep me from doing ALL that God has called me to do! Even little ole nobody me.

What a shame that a “man of God” would resort to such tactics! If you can’t beat em, then beat em up, huh? That’s low. Lol, sounds like the Democrats (or the demons). What a shame!!!

And this is the love of Christ???

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good try, my “friend.” You are trying to goad me right off this forum, BUT GOD may have other plans for me. We will see! At any rate, hell will not keep me from doing ALL that God has called me to do! Even little ole nobody me.

What a shame that a “man of God” would resort to such tactics! If you can’t beat em, then beat em up, huh? That’s low. Lol, sounds like the Democrats (or the demons). What a shame!!!

And this is the love of Christ???
He does talk kinda fancy.

Livingstone

Aug 30, 2020
Central U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, he does, the scripture states we are to love in deed.
This to me would imply that to love in word should be the simpler act, however I even struggle myself to even love in word?
You don't know me but that's okay. I learned how to read and write before my fourth birthday and possessed a collegiate vocabulary by the third grade. My favorite thing to do at the breakfast table as a child: read a dictionary. When I was in grade school some teachers were fond of punishing unruly students by sentencing them to copying a page from a dictionary... hee hee. I loved it and submitted a faithful facsimile by the end of class. Poor teacher... no one knew I was autistic, not even my parents.

Reactions: Waiting on him

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Read their words for yourself if you haven't already. I would say the backlash is rather dramatic, wouldn't you?

Your quite the storyteller, You get kicked out of the churches you attend and you turn on everyone in time, You hide behind your false words but your real character doesn't take long to come out shall we speed it up a bit so others can see who you really are, What brings you to this forum? Up to the same old I see Mocking and lies in hypocrisy

Status
Not open for further replies.