The complete paganism of the Tri-quetra (triquetra), and it's anti-Christian purpose

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think I'd boast of that myself.
Why not? Paul did ...

2Co_11:25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;

It magnifies Christ Jesus, and His truth in me, not myself, of which of myself is nothing.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not? Paul did ...

2Co_11:25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;

It magnifies Christ Jesus, and His truth in me, not myself, of which of myself is nothing.
I also would not compare myself to Paul.
Nor should you boast such behavior examples Christ in you. It does not.

Matthew 10:14 (BLB)
And whoever will not receive you nor will hear your words, shake off the dust of your feet going forth out of that house or that city!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also would not compare myself to Paul.
Nor should you boast such behavior examples Christ in you. It does not.

Matthew 10:14 (BLB)
And whoever will not receive you nor will hear your words, shake off the dust of your feet going forth out of that house or that city!
Your translation is in error.

Mat 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.​

The "when (I) depart", is decided by the Holy Ghost, and not a moment sooner. The text does not say to be rejected once, even by one person, and then leave. Otherwise that would violate Jesus' own habits as well as the disciples after him, even through all of Acts. Jerusalem itself rejected Jesus Christ at the highest level (sanhedrin), and yet, they were still to preach to individuals in that same city, even after rejecting Stephen (Hebrews 2:3).

Act 4:17 But that it spread no further among the people, let us straitly threaten them, that they speak henceforth to no man in this name.
Act 4:18 And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.
Act 4:19 But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.

Act_6:7 And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.​

In other words, it doesn't matter what men forbid in rejecting God.

Act_16:6 Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,​

Reactions: Brakelite

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your translation is in error.

Mat 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.​

The "when (I) depart", is decided by the Holy Ghost, and not a moment sooner. The text does not say to be rejected once, even by one person, and then leave. Otherwise that would violate Jesus' own habits as well as the disciples after him, even through all of Acts. Jerusalem itself rejected Jesus Christ at the highest level (sanhedrin), and yet, they were still to preach to individuals in that same city, even after rejecting Stephen (Hebrews 2:3).

Act 4:17 But that it spread no further among the people, let us straitly threaten them, that they speak henceforth to no man in this name.
Act 4:18 And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.
Act 4:19 But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.

Act_6:7 And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.​

In other words, it doesn't matter what men forbid in rejecting God.

Act_16:6 Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,​
You're interpolating Matthew 10:14 to justify serial trespass and harassment of members only Christian discussion boards, thinking yourself justified in your actions.
Show the scripture where Jesus said to do what you do in forums that have banned you. Return again and again, when whosoever you minister to throw you out.

And be aware you are telling us you've been banned repeatedly by all those Christian discussion forums you previously listed as having banned you, for the offense of spreading the words of God.

Forums dedicated to Christ threw you out and banned your reentry because you preached Jesus.

You said you've not been banned here under your current screen name. What were those names you were banned under here?
If you're led by the holy spirit to serve him in these ways as you claim, share those names.
You've already admitted you've been banned from here. If you are in service you'll answer honestly and share those former screen names that you held.

Matthew 10:14 commentary
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
Shake off the dust of your feet - The Jews considered themselves defiled by the dust of a heathen country, when was represented by the prophets as a polluted laud, Amos 7:17, when compared with the land of Israel, which was considered as a holy land, Ezekiel 45:1; therefore, to shake the dust of any city of Israel from off one's clothes or feet was an emblematical action, signifying a renunciation of all farther connection with them, and placing them on a level with the cities of the Heathen. See Amos 9:7.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're interpolating Matthew 10:14 to justify serial trespass and harassment of members only Christian discussion boards, thinking yourself justified in your actions.
Show the scripture where Jesus said to do what you do in forums that have banned you. Return again and again, when whosoever you minister to throw you out.

And be aware you are telling us you've been banned repeatedly by all those Christian discussion forums you previously listed as having banned you, for the offense of spreading the words of God.

Forums dedicated to Christ threw you out and banned your reentry because you preached Jesus.

You said you've not been banned here under your current screen name. What were those names you were banned under here?
If you're led by the holy spirit to serve him in these ways as you claim, share those names.
You've already admitted you've been banned from here. If you are in service you'll answer honestly and share those former screen names that you held.

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
Shake off the dust of your feet - The Jews considered themselves defiled by the dust of a heathen country, when was represented by the prophets as a polluted laud, Amos 7:17, when compared with the land of Israel, which was considered as a holy land, Ezekiel 45:1; therefore, to shake the dust of any city of Israel from off one's clothes or feet was an emblematical action, signifying a renunciation of all farther connection with them, and placing them on a level with the cities of the Heathen. See Amos 9:7.
Are you sure you're not harassing me on a subject unrelated to the OP this whole time? :) I am pretty sure the board has rules about constantly going off OP, especially when the person who made the OP is present and discussing the OP. So, being nice, I will politely ask you to go back to the OP topic. Thank you.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

So I'm beginning to seriously wonder why you are so opposed to the gospel being preached? You said yourself tat the definition of harassment includes returning "without a purpose". Reading @ReChoired posts throughout the forum here tells me that his posts are all Christ centered, Biblically based, and gospel focused. Your objection therefore is null and void.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, just like the devil in the wilderness (Matthew 4; Luke 4), quoting only part of a verse to justify their erroneous, blasphemous and sinful position. Did you think we, who actually read and believe the scripture, wouldn't notice?

Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.​

Are you saying the 1st part a not true?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 'rock' isn't Peter, as the blasphemous Roman Catholic church teaches. It's the word of God, so says Jesus Himself in the same Gospel:

Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Luk 6:47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
Luk 6:48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
Luk 6:49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Luk_8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Psa_71:3 Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.​

Peter is simply shifting 'sand' (small moving pebble) crushed by the waves of the tide of humanity. Numerous examples in scripture abound:

Mat_14:30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

Mat 14:31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Mat_16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
Mar_8:33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men. [compare to what Jesus said in the wilderness, Luke 4:8]

Mat_26:34 Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
Mat_26:75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.
Mar_14:30 And Jesus saith unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this day, even in this night, before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice.
Mar_14:72 And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.
Luk_22:61 And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Mat 26:69 Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee.
Mat 26:70 But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest.
Mat 26:71 And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth.
Mat 26:72 And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man.
Mat 26:73 And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech bewrayeth thee.
Mat 26:74 Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew.
Mat 26:75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
Gal 2:12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
Gal 2:13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
Gal 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?​

Christ is the wise man and he builds on Peter and the apostles
Peter received the keys not Christ
Peter and the apostles received the power to bind and loose and Christ affirmed this in heaven
Eph 2:20

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I'm beginning to seriously wonder why you are so opposed to the gospel being preached? You said yourself tat the definition of harassment includes returning "without a purpose". Reading @ReChoired posts throughout the forum here tells me that his posts are all Christ centered, Biblically based, and gospel focused. Your objection therefore is null and void.
Your post is false and absurd.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you sure you're not harassing me on a subject unrelated to the OP this whole time? :) I am pretty sure the board has rules about constantly going off OP, especially when the person who made the OP is present and discussing the OP. So, being nice, I will politely ask you to go back to the OP topic. Thank you.
I'm on topic, thank you. :)
Here's why.
First you post the OP that calls the triquetra a pagan symbol. And in great detail as to why that would make it unrelated to Christianity, due to that first "pagan" history.
Which isn't all that your source purported, according to a religious history link that I posted later in counter.
You posted your OP knowing full well the triquetra symbol appears on this forums banner. Where it is meant to represent the trinity or triune nature of God.

Therein your OP may be inferred as a personal attack on CB.

That may be a suspicion reading the OP at first. However it is confirmed by you in your own post later. When you post about a forum review site that publishes scathing reviews about a wholly different community, Christian Forums.
Then, in that post you make note that Christianity Board is referred to in those reviews. And you say you wonder if the owners of CF are also the same owners who run CB.
Later you, in your own confession in this thread, tell all of us that you have been banned 50 times, from Christian Forums!
The site targeted in those scathing reviews you linked in your other post.
Through my prompting for you to share more, you admit you've been banned from numerous other Christian forums. Including this one.
But you return again and again.

You claim you are banned from Christian discussion sites, because you share the gospel at those sites. And you say you return again and again to reach people who want to hear the gospel you bring into forums dedicated to the gospel .
Those forums ban you due to your behavior.

A Christian community statement of faith informs people that community upholds the gospel.

So your claiming your harassment and trespass , repeatedly, even here, as you admitted, and you also stated you won't be stopped in these endeavors, because you said you haven't been banned from here under your current name yet, into Christian forums that ban you, isn't to bring the gospel to those sites.
Because those sites are dedicated to the gospel.

This thread is an example of your purpose in Christian forums.
Your calling pagan, not of Christ, the very logo this community displays on their banner.

So I am on topic when delving into your OP topic, and then pursuing what you freely posted.

If you want to call something off topic it would be this, your posting an excerpt and link to a review site that carries scathing reviews about a different community, while you make note Christianity Board is included in those type reviews.
That has not a thing to do with your own OP.
But since you interjected it, that content then becomes subject to discussion.

Harassing forums, trespassing repeatedly after being told to not return, isn't Christ like. It isn't spreading the gospel. It isn't following Christ's example nor teaching wherein he told his Apostles, should they enter a town where their gospel message is not welcomed or wanted, when they take their leave of that place kick the dust from their feet and move on.
Jesus didn't say, return again and again, disguised as someone else, and try again.

Why?
Because Jesus' sheep know his voice, and he knows them. Those who don't hear and accept the words from The Word, are not his sheep.

And those who are his sheep know the gospel and do not ban people when they share it with and among them.

You're trolling those sites. As you admit when saying you return repeatedly after being banned. That's trolling, harassment, and trespass.

You're trolling this one too when you say you've been banned from here before.
And then you write an OP calling its banner logo not representative of Christ. And by posting an article that says as much and by allusion. You know that. That's why you posted the OP.

You've been banned from here under different names than the one you have now. You admitted that. You're back because you have an axe to grind.

And as you admitted in doing that at other sites, you won't be stopped.

Your admitted sinful behavior? It's all on topic.

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Amazed@grace what I see here is someone justifying a representation of the Godhead in direct contradiction to the second Commandment. And I must admit that I had never seen it that way until @ReChoired brought it to our attention.
I think that instead of attacking him for doing so, should we not be discussing whether or not the triquetra is or is not an image, then going from there? Should we not be thanking @ReChoired for being sufficiently concerned for our spiritual welfare that he is willing to put his own reputation on the line in order to point out sin?
Of course, I don't really fully expect a Catholic such as yourself and others here to appreciate that, especially considering the fact that the second Commandment is removed from the ten commandments in Catholic catechisms. But that's another discussion.
Perhaps we could extend the current discussion to other pagan relics of ancient Rome adopted by the church and revered to this day?