The death penalty...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Christian God is a redemptive God. We should imitate that. You can't redeem those you kill.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Speaking for myself. This is how I look at it. You are, of course, free to have your own opinion on this matter.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You're welcome. I'm not much of a debater. To me, it's too much like arguing, and I don't like arguing. Shalom.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You're welcome. I'm not much of a debater. To me, it's too much like arguing, and I don't like arguing. Shalom.

There are, of course, two ways to understand the word 'argument'. The first is the everyday use, is to mean the exchange, often vehement, between people who disagree with each other. The second, used in philosophy and debate, is to mean the rational construction of a point of view. The difference between the two is that the first ignores logic, and the second depends on it.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Our justice system is waaaay too corrupt to be sentencing people to death

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are, of course, two ways to understand the word 'argument'. The first is the everyday use, is to mean the exchange, often vehement, between people who disagree with each other. The second, used in philosophy and debate, is to mean the rational construction of a point of view. The difference between the two is that the first ignores logic, and the second depends on it.

Best wishes, 2RM.
I guess you take it as it comes and deal with it the best you can. I used to not want a gun because when I was younger I was half-crazy and knew that in a drunken rage I might kill someone. Today, I'd like to have a gun for protection. But that's not gonna happen.

Reactions: JohnPaul

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our justice system is waaaay too corrupt to be sentencing people to death
Do they not go by evidence of the crime to base their decision, how corrupt is your system and why would they jail someone falsely, if they are supposed to go by the evidence provided?

Especially nowadays with all the forensic science and all.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do they not go by evidence of the crime to base their decision, how corrupt is your system and why would they jail someone falsely, if they are supposed to go by the evidence provided?

Especially nowadays with all the forensic science and all.

Well you see the justice system revolves around money. If you have it then your defense barrister can afford to pay the prosecution to throw the case. If you haven't got money then your screwed even if you are innocent cos you can't even afford a lawyer.

It's all about the money, nothing more, there is no justice for the poor person, only for the rich

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you see the justice system revolves around money. If you have it then your defense barrister can afford to pay the prosecution to throw the case. If you haven't got money then your screwed even if you are innocent cos you can't even afford a lawyer.

It's all about the money, nothing more, there is no justice for the poor person, only for the rich
Don't they go over the evidence provided, I agree the rich get excluded like OJ Simpson did,he had the dream team of lawyers.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Don't they go over the evidence provided, I agree the rich get excluded like OJ Simpson did,he had the dream team of lawyers.

If you agree that the rich get excluded why should those dirty scoundrels have the power to kill people?

They are corrupt. Over $2,000 an hour a defence barrister costs. It's unjustified. Most people don't have a spare $100,000 sitting around. And without a defence council you are guilty.

And the corruption begins before the court date. Your supposed to be innocent until proven guilty but it's really the other way around. You are held in jail until you go to court but if you have money then they will let you free. It's called bail and it's open corruprion.

And the prosecution don't care if your innocent either they just want to win and put away anyone for that alleged crime.

I'm surprised you think the justice system is clean JP. Just look at the election. It was clearly rigged and the DOJ still gave Biden the win.

And now after the whole "me too" movement it's never been so easy to frame someone, especially for women and they are the ones that are most likely to do this cos it's how they release aggression. Many women are also doing this in the workplace now to get ahead

So as long as the justice system is corrupt and their getting things wrong I oppose them ordering people to death.

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you agree that the rich get excluded why should those dirty scoundrels have the power to kill people?

They are corrupt. Over $2,000 an hour a defence barrister costs. It's unjustified. Most people don't have a spare $100,000 sitting around. And without a defence council you are guilty.

And the corruption begins before the court date. Your supposed to be innocent until proven guilty but it's really the other way around. You are held in jail until you go to court but if you have money then they will let you free. It's called bail and it's open corruprion.

And the prosecution don't care if your innocent either they just want to win and put away anyone for that alleged crime.

I'm surprised you think the justice system is clean JP. Just look at the election. It was clearly rigged and the DOJ still gave Biden the win.

And now after the whole "me too" movement it's never been so easy to frame someone, especially for women and they are the ones that are most likely to do this cos it's how they release aggression. Many women are also doing this in the workplace now to get ahead

So as long as the justice system is corrupt and their getting things wrong I oppose them ordering people to death.
Phil Spector got went to jail for life and he was filthy rich.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She has received a stay of execution on appeal.
It is in God's and other judges hands.

Let us pray for salvation and his will to be done!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Phil Spector got went to jail for life and he was filthy rich.

I'm not saying all rich people get off. I'm saying that they often get the decision wrong. And most people who can't afford a lawyer get a bad decision.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Capital punishment is supposed to be a deterrent. I think that the only time I could take another's life would be in defense of my loved ones. We are at the place in our society where the government and institutions are so corrupt that I know they will be used to silence political dissent.
I have to agree with the birdman...there is too much corruption for capital punishment to continue to exist. Especially now with Biden's ministry of truth. It is geared to take out individuals. Just like the Communists do.