The Decoy Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you dont if you did, you would be happy with the fact that if people believe in Him than He is happy. Its al about what He did not you.

We can do nothing righteous without His Spirit. The Spirit is what you are naive about.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you look to Christ instead of people? Why the ingrained and harsh unbelief? Why the hiding behind the flesh?

I have said....over and over...the VERY biblical....we don't sin as we abide in Christ.

But you either can't read or else you are so dishonest that you can't make the thought enter into your brain.

IN HIM is NO sin.

What is so hard to understand about that?

We go in and out (we who know the power of Christ over sin) of the Spirit in our Christian lives. It takes a number of these comings and goings into Zion before we can develop the maturity to be able to no longer fall out of the Spirit. So with every person it is different. John Wesley testified to knowing a man who went in and out of the Spirit 5 times before learning the secret of a constant abiding in Christ. Wesley said the man was a living saint. So then if it took him 5 times it means there is a lot to learn about the Spirit and the flesh...and the wiles of the devil...in our lives. But if people aren't even moving forward in the race of faith...they will never experience the victory even once. They will have effectively buried their talent.

I myself have been in the Spirit twice. A very powerful supernatural walk as a dead man but alive in the presence of God. The first time lasted but for a few days...until I wanted OUT. So the first time the problem was me. It was too overwhelming for my selfish nature at the time. I had no knowledge of the process and training of God. I was as green as green could be. And the second time for 2.5 years (18 years later). So I know the walk very well. In that second time I never sinned once in thought or deed. Even my dreams were prophetic. THAT is the power of grace on a person. That is my testimony.

Turn from your sin and rebellion to the living God. Believe the gospel.
I thought you placed me on ignore? I already do believe the gospel and as I already explained in post #72, the gospel is the “good news” of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16) To "believe" the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation. When will you believe?

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi mailmandan,

Most of those I've heard that teach like this, will never answer that question. Or if they do, they will always insert some ambiguity. I did know a fellow on a forum many years ago who came right out and said that he never sinned. But anyone reading his posts knew that was not true.

We really do put ourselves on display in our postings. And I've not read anyone here who's claims, or suggestions of sinlessness that I believe. I mean, I can see what they write!

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks, and post after post of accusation and dishonest inneundo, blatant misrepresentation, I continue to see these displayed so often in those who either claim, or just act as if it's true, that they've reached some sort of sinless state.

I know sanctification is real, but it is in faith in Christ that our lives are sanctified, the same faith by which we are saved.

Counter their claims with Scripture, and get a dose of their true temperment!

No, typically, at least what I've seen, is that someone will post over and over as if they are above everyone else, theologically, spiritually, some even think that they should be ruling over us, approving who is and who is not OK with God. And then continue to display such nonsense in their posts.

No, the more someone acts like that, the more they reveal that they are not progressed in Love, and that's the heart. Think what you think, know what you know, but without love, it's nothing!

James 3:13 "Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom."

Much love!
Well said! What we are dealing with are spiritual narcissists.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes love, by that we we will be seeing to be His disciples, are you a lawyer toooo, lot of them around

Read the whole post and learn something that will free you from bondage of believing Jesus only came to pay the consequences of sin, instead of freeing us from SIN, itself.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Delusional? No, miraculous. :) So you are still refusing faith in the living God. It sounds too hard for you. But that is who God is. Unapproachable...but yet through the faith of Christ...now approachable. A paradox.

But you would make God common and faith to be an easy gesture.

So you are not going to have access to the living God by your unbelief.

Jesus said the way is narrow and hard. But your indoctrination makes that out to be like a cult.

So what? The truth is the truth even if you ridicule it or write it off.. of course you are just writing yourself off in this way. Out of the race...and never in it.

Is it hard to enter into Christ!?? YES. Paul sought that life above all things and ran to win.

But you ignore the truth for an easy fast food type of religion.

Do as you wish. I delight in being seen as foolish for Christ. :) Hallelujah!

It's unfortunate that you lack the faith to rejoice when you finally see how hard the way of faith IN Christ really is.

Are you to seek God haphazardly? As a sideline? In our free time?

Is that what the saints did?

O, the offense of the cross.

What as yet non-spiritual brothers can do is to follow Christ but from a certain distance (depends on our faith and consecration). Letting go one's own sense of morality and good to be led by the Spirit. His will be done. Rejoicing in all things. So then there's the lower walk that is in righteousness but not yet in holiness.
This post proves emphatically you have absolutely no understanding of what mailmandan believes

your comprehension skills need help my friend, this post hurts where you think it helps

Reactions: mailmandan

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are no longer sinning, and are not "positionally holy," but holy in reality.

"By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world." 1 Jn. 4:17.
Being born again, is your new man, the new creation, are you now holy and righteous? Not yet holy and righteous? What is your thinking on this?

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By His Word, I know how to maintain sinlessness, but perfection is a life-long process of Glorification.

What would you say is different in sinlessness, and perfection?

I mean, if sin - a 'miss' - is all that falls short of God's glory, then sinlessness would be to measure up to God's glory, no?

If that which is not of faith is sin, then sinlessness is the life lived perfectly in faith. Are you thinking that would fall short of ideal?

Interestingly . . . the same passage that says we have already been justified likewise says we have already been glorified. So maybe there's a different meaning there?

Much love!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The key word there is "covered."
Don't take things out of context. Please read and study that entire chapter 4 carefully rather than looking for loopholes to justify your false ideas.

Then read the entire book of Hebrews to understand that Paul was fully aware of the power of the blood of Christ.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can visit the sick more than I do, help the widows and orphans more, and visit those in prison. Yet, here I sit typing.... is that "sinning?" No!
Hi Candidus,

Just reading this over again . . .

I think the answer to your question here is very important. It entirely depends on what Jesus wants to be doing through your life right now. If it is to be typing on the internet, then to leave the keyboard and go to the orphanage would be sin.

But that's the whole thing about all this focus what is and isn't sin, and what sins we may or may not commit, all of that, because it takes the focus off of the main thing, which is expressing our faith through our love. I think the most important question we can ask ourselves concerning ourselves, maybe the only question we need consider, am I showing my reliance on God in how I give godly love to others. If I don't think I am, then begin now!

That's what God wants of me.

Love others, always be happy, never worry, like that.

Much love!

Reactions: Candidus

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't take things out of context. Please read and study that entire chapter 4 carefully rather than looking for loopholes to justify your false ideas.

Then read the entire book of Hebrews to understand that Paul was fully aware of the power of the blood of Christ.

Why did Jesus come according to Romans 4?
To free us from sin?
To free us from the law, and the consequences of sin?
Which one?

If I were to answer that Jesus came to free us from sin, would you think that heretical? That's what you've said to me in the past.

If I were to say I base my belief on 1 John 3:5 and John 8:34-36, would that still be heretical?

Last edited:
Reactions: Candidus

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Read the whole post and learn something that will free you from bondage of believing Jesus only came to pay the consequences of sin, instead of freeing us from SIN, itself.
Believing Jesus is not bondage it is faith. We are saved by grace through faith, you keep adding works to it, Is His grace not enough for you,

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing Jesus is not bondage it is faith. We are saved by grace through faith, you keep adding works to it, Is His grace not enough for you,

Do you remember what James said to your question? Faith without works is dead. Is your faith dead?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Do you remember what James said to your question? Faith without works is dead. Is your faith dead?
Paul also speaks of the obedience of faith/obedience to the faith (Romans 1,5; Romans 16.26); Paul described those who are saved 'not of works' as being 'his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works that God hath before ordained that we should walk in them' (Ephesians 2.10).