The Deity of Jesus under attack on this forum.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, if you look at my posts - your question is direct about me - you will see where I stand as regards the words recorded in Scripture.

Secondly, I think your question is loaded to leave me supposedly with believing only whatever conclusion you have already come to, as my only option. (I must confess I have not read all the posts here lately on this thread.)
I didn't say you believed it, I asked you the question I did not mean to offend you

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You believe I cannot be a christian if I stand on the plain words of Christ when he walked this earth
This may be helpful for prayerful/Careful consideration:

"
...Tomorrow will take care of itself—God will provide. “Consider the ravens...
which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them.” Or, to
put it more briefly:Says Solomon: Consider the ant; she lays up store for
the future.

Says our Lord: Consider the ravens; they don’t! Yet God takes care of them.
This is just where some theologians attempt a solution by trying to explain
away facts. They say that our Lord’s words as recorded by Luke do not
actually mean that we should not prepare for tomorrow’s needs—only that
we should not worry about them.

They argue that the “Take no thought” of verse 22 means only “Take no
anxious thought.” But this explanation is utterly unsatisfactory, for in
verse 29 the Lord adds, “Seek not ye what ye shall eat” while in verse 33
He goes so far as to command His followers: “Sell that ye have, and give
alms.” Strange that these things are not practiced by those who preach
that the teachings of Christ on earth are for our obedience!..." (CR Stam)

FULL study:
The Ant and The Raven - store for the future?
--------------------------------------
GRACE And Peace...

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, I agree up to a point.

It sounds like you're saying that we can be like God,,,the creator of the universe that had no beginning and no end.

God created us with some of His attributes , but we cannot be God.
Like HIM, not little gods like Mormons believe. Our new spiritual bodies will be as angels, maybe above them? We will judge them. I think that was what Lucifer was so jealous and upset about. He was #1 and then finding out about God's plan for man ...

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
stephen64 said:
Are you comfortable with believing a person cannot be a christian if they stand on the plain words of Christ when he walked this earth?
I think your question is loaded to leave me supposedly with believing only whatever conclusion you have already come to, as my only option.
That's exactly what he's doing, farouk. He is making doctrine of one, single, solitary verse of Scripture, that is not supported anywhere else in the Bible, and has MANY verses and passages that contradict it.

Since Stephen64 arrived here on Monday, he has blatantly, and stubbornly, denied Jesus' divinity as well as many Truths of Scripture; not to mention blatantly lying about his education and background to try and make himself appear more authoritative.

He is one of many who have been popping up recently as "New Members" who come here for the sole purpose of denying the Truth of the Bible and challenging the validity of Christianity as a whole.

He is a False Prophet here only to attempt to destroy faith.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Bottom line is. you can read the whole bible from cover to cover and still be wrong in interpreting the Scriptures.
I would add, the only way you can follow the truth of what is written is if you are led by the Holy Spirit into truth, for he is the Spirit of truth. Many do not rely on the Holy Spirit to lead them as they read, they just trust in their academic mind to lead them into truth

Reactions: Episkopos

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I would add, the only way you can follow the truth of what is written is if you are led by the Holy Spirit into truth, for he is the Spirit of truth. Many do not rely on the Holy Spirit to lead them as they read, they just trust in their academic mind to lead them into truth
That is, IF you have the Holy Spirit
J.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
J.
Of course
Three hundred years after Christ died at Calvary, a church emerged that changed the goalposts of belief if you wanted to be saved concerning the title you must give to Christ. That church was driven by scholars and theologians. To change the goalposts from the biblically stated belief to be saved, cannot have been inspired or led of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, that church was driven by the academic minds of scholars and theologians. The first century church was led of the Holy Spirit. Sadly, many today, especially on the internet, follow the church that changed the goalposts 300 years after Christ died at calvary. Anyone led of the Holy Spirit into truth knows God never changed the goalposts of what you must believe to inherit eternal life, it stayed the same from day one

Reactions: Episkopos

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Of course
Three hundred years after Christ died at Calvary, a church emerged that changed the goalposts of belief if you wanted to be saved concerning the title you must give to Christ. That church was driven by scholars and theologians. To change the goalposts from the biblically stated belief to be saved, cannot have been inspired or led of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, that church was driven by the academic minds of scholars and theologians. The first century church was led of the Holy Spirit. Sadly, many today, especially on the internet, follow the church that changed the goalposts 300 years after Christ died at calvary. Anyone led of the Holy Spirit into truth knows God never changed the goalposts of what you must believe to inherit eternal life, it stayed the same from day one
Show me. point by point, how the early ekklesia changed the goalposts.
Thanks
J.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Show me. point by point, how the early ekklesia changed the goalposts.
Thanks
J.
Quite simple. The title you must give Christ according to the bible to be saved is Son of God. The council of nicea changed that to God Himself. And, most on the internet follow the council of nicea on this, not the bible

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Quite simple. The title you must give Christ according to the bible to be saved is Son of God. The council of nicea changed that to God Himself. And, most on the internet follow the council of nicea on this, not the bible

Is that your only verse stephen?
You stand on one solitary verse?
Even Spurgeon said 'Visit many good books', ie, commentaries, dictionaries, lexicons...and before you reason this away, there are 1050 Imperatives to be promptly obeyed, no questions asked, can you name them, and are you obedient to the teaching's of Christ?

If you have a problem with the Internet, then why are you here?

Please answer my questions, Spurgeon had a whole library of books, and what are the 1050 Imperatives?
Do you obey them?
J.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is that your only verse stephen?
You stand on one solitary verse?
Even Spurgeon said 'Visit many good books', ie, commentaries, dictionaries, lexicons...and before you reason this away, there are 1050 Imperatives to be promptly obeyed, no questions asked, can you name them, and are you obedient to the teaching's of Christ?

If you have a problem with the Internet, then why are you here?

Please answer my questions, Spurgeon had a whole library of books, and what are the 1050 Imperatives?
Do you obey them?
J.
I understand you had to ignore what I wrote. You wrote:

All I can say is, I do not follow scholars and theologians who changed the goalposts from the biblical belief as to whom you must title Christ to be saved, I stay with the biblical belief. The bible was inspired and led of the Holy Spirit. Those who changed the goalposts then of belief as written in the bible, cannot have been doing so by the leading of the Holy Spirit, and neither can those who follow them. Hope that answers the point

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I understand you had to ignore what I wrote. You wrote:

All I can say is, I do not follow scholars and theologians who changed the goalposts from the biblical belief as to whom you must title Christ to be saved, I stay with the biblical belief. The bible was inspired and led of the Holy Spirit. Those who changed the goalposts then of belief as written in the bible, cannot have been doing so by the leading of the Holy Spirit, and neither can those who follow them. Hope that answers the point

You show no scripture references?
And your answers are 'closed'
J.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
J.
Its a pity Johann, but I know you must ignore what you have been shown, but I can easily give you scriptural references to the title you must give Christ to be saved. I will do so in a moment

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
J.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. John3:16&17
And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.” John6:39&40
If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 1John4:15
Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.1John5:5
Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son 1John5:10
And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 1John5:11&12
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life 1John 5:13

Is that enough Johann?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. John3:16&17
And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.” John6:39&40
If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 1John4:15
Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.1John5:5
Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son 1John5:10
And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 1John5:11&12
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life 1John 5:13

Is that enough Johann?

More than enough, that is how I was saved since I was a young lad

A question, if I may

Did Christ Jesus descend to Hell?

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
1Pe 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

How would you answer this steven?

Anderson says yes.

J.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
More than enough, that is how I was saved since I was a young lad

A question, if I may

Did Christ Jesus descend to Hell?

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
1Pe 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

How would you answer this steven?

Anderson says yes.

J.
I haven't really the desire to get into an elongated theological discussion with you here. However:
He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. 19 After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits— 20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built 1Peter3:18-20
When Christ died at Calvary he went and proclaimed the message to those who had previously died. Whatever you wish to call-or term the place he went to is a personal choice I suggest. Sheol, hades, etc. BTW I have never heard of Anderson

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I haven't really the desire to get into an elongated theological discussion with you here. Howevere:
He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. 19 After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits— 20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built 1Peter3:18-20
When Christ died at Calvary he went and proclaimed the message to those who had previously died. Whatever you wish to call-or term the place he went to is a personal choice I suggest. Sheol, hades, hell, etc. BTW I have never heard of Anderson

Anderson is a Baptist preacher on YouTube, see the interview between him and James White in his house.

See why we can't agree

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Anderson is a Baptist preacher on YouTube, see the interview between him and James White in his house.

See why we can't agree

I don't watch videos on you tube of people promoting messages.
Its quite simple why you and I cannot agree