The Deity of Jesus under attack on this forum.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I don't watch videos on you tube of people promoting messages.
Its quite simple why you and I cannot agree

You are a loose cannonball, stephen, with no accountability and blame shift the reformers and their establishment of the Nicene Creed.
I thought Anderson was narrow-minded and downright blasphemous in proclaiming Christ went down to Hell in fiery torments, but you are more than narrow-minded...

What do you have to offer a lost and dying world? Circular reasoning your forte?

Not willing to enter a debate, not willing to look up scriptures in the Hebrew and Koine Greek, especially the Morphology and parsing of very important words?

Do you believe Christ Jesus went down in Hell in fiery torments?
J.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are a loose cannonball, stephen, with no accountability and blame shift the reformers and their establishment of the Nicene Creed.
I thought Anderson was narrow-minded and downright blasphemous in proclaiming Christ went down to Hell in fiery torments, but you are more than narrow-minded...

What do you have to offer a lost and dying world? Circular reasoning your forte?

Not willing to enter a debate, not willing to look up scriptures in the Hebrew and Koine Greek, especially the Morphology and parsing of very important words?

Do you believe Christ Jesus went down in Hell in fiery torments?
J.
You have already had my answer to the latter. Of course, i knew you would not be able to keep the conversation to the actual discussion in place, for you have nowhere to go with it. Do you think I haven't been here many, many times over the years. You all have to resort to the same deflections in the end. As for looking up the Hebrew and Koine Greek. Two things
1) I have only ever met one christian on the internet who truly understood pauls message of grace who scoured the Greek, Aramaic, or Hebrew
2) Smith Wigglesworth said: ''Many like to read the bible in the Greek, Aramaic or Hebrew, I like to read mine through the Holy Spirit.

Its all part of your problem. search anything you can, reason however hard you must, to explain overturning the plainest of scripture as to who a person must believe Christ to be to be saved

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Then you are not a Baptist/Pentecostal spokesman, but a loner roaming the Internet, no offense.
J.
Oh I don't take offence, I've been told much worse over the years. It always ends up this way when people have no where to go. In truth I feel for you, I really do

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I haven't really the desire to get into an elongated theological discussion with you here. However:
He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. 19 After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits— 20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built 1Peter3:18-20
When Christ died at Calvary he went and proclaimed the message to those who had previously died. Whatever you wish to call-or term the place he went to is a personal choice I suggest. Sheol, hades, etc. BTW I have never heard of Anderson
Where did Jesus go?
In a place of fiery torment?
Giving people a 'second chance?" In case you did not noticed but Jesus never 'preached' the gospel to these imprisoned prisoners, a different word is used for 'preach'
Can you tell me?

J.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Where did Jesus go?
In a place of fiery torment?
Giving people a 'second chance?" In case you did not noticed but Jesus never 'preached' the gospel to these imprisoned prisoners, a different word is used for 'preach'
Can you tell me?

J.
You must have missed the following post. Keep scurrying down your rabbit holes, it does not change the fact you stand on a church that contradicted biblical doctrine 300 years after Christ died at calvary

I haven't really the desire to get into an elongated theological discussion with you here. However:
He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. 19 After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits— 20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built 1Peter3:18-20
When Christ died at Calvary he went and proclaimed the message to those who had previously died. Whatever you wish to call-or term the place he went to is a personal choice I suggest. Sheol, hades, etc. BTW I have never heard of Anderson

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You must have missed the following post. Keep scurrying down your rabbit holes, it does not change the fact you stand on a church that contradicted biblical doctrine 300 years after Christ died at calvary
Steven, I am not here to scurry down any rabbit holes, you are evasive, deflecting, I asked you a simple question.
Did Christ went to Hell?
There is no such thing as a stupid question, only a person who wants to play stupid and giving his autonomy from a heteros stance.
J.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Steven, I am not here to scurry down any rabbit holes, you are evasive, deflecting, I asked you a simple question.
Did Christ went to Hell?
There is no such thing as a stupid question, only a person who wants to play stupid and giving his autonomy from a heteros stance.
J.
Oh you are definately trying to deflect from the topic we were discussing, as you have nowhere to go with it, as, if you were honest you know. I have already twice given you my response, if you do not want to accept it that is up to you, but you have had it
Whatever you wish to call-or term the place he went to is a personal choice I suggest. Sheol, hades, etc.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You posted Romans 3:10-11 to show that no one seeks God and no one is righteous.
The reformed faith uses this scripture very much to show total depravity. I don't know if you're reformed.
It wasn't me that posted that, I think it was in reply to something that I posted. If it was me I don't remember.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Oh you are definately trying to deflect from the topic we were discussing, as you have nowhere to go with it, as, if you were honest you know. I have already twice given you my response, if you do not want to accept it that is up to you, but you have had it
Whatever you wish to call-or term the place he went to is a personal choice I suggest. Sheol, hades, etc.
Explain Sheol and Hades for me, and the difference between them.
J.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Explain Sheol and Hades for me, and the difference between them.
J.
I don't indulge myself in such things. Doesn't interest me. You go ahead if you want to and state how you see them. Im more concerned with the Gospel message and the requirement of belief unto salvation. I promise to read what you write on the subject if you would like me to. But my advice is, concentrate most on the more important matters of the faith

Reactions: Episkopos

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You posted Romans 3:10-11 to show that no one seeks God and no one is righteous.
The reformed faith uses this scripture very much to show total depravity. I don't know if you're reformed.
It wasn't me who posted Romans 3:10-11 it was JunChosen
and I replied in post #317 "If you don't believe, you don't believe."

Reactions: GodsGrace

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. All early Christians were Catholic.
Does that include all those present when the Holy Spirit came upon them and those who then heard the gospel on that day?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I don't indulge myself in such things. Doesn't interest me. You go ahead if you want to and state how you see them. Im more concerned with the Gospel message and the requirement of belief unto salvation. I promise to read what you write on the subject if you would like me to. But my advice is, concentrate most on the more important matters of the faith
It does not interest you?

Heb_9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Hell is part of preaching the whole council as it stands written in scriptures!
Where will we go when we die.

The Bible continually warns of a place called hell. There are over 162 references in the New Testament alone which warns of hell. And over 70 of these references were uttered by the Lord Jesus Christ!

Although not a popular topic, but definitely part of the core doctrines Steven.

And I'm not being facetious here.
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It wasn't me who posted Romans 3:10-11 it was JunChosen
and I replied in post #317 "If you don't believe, you don't believe."
@Pearl, sorry for butting in, I, for one, believe in total depravity, that, and the fact that the wrath of an holy God is now abiding upon all who are sinners ( who were once comfortable with Christ, now no more after His glorious resurrection and ascension)
There is NO one that seeks after God unless he/she is drawn, according to the Scriptures.
Stay focused, grounded and rooted in Christ.

Rom_13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

2Co_6:7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,

Eph_6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Eph_6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

We are called to stand, after having done all, to stand.

Shalom LaChem Elohim Eloheinu.
Your brother in Christ
J.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It does not interest you?

Heb_9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Hell is part of preaching the whole council as it stands written in scriptures!
Where will we go when we die.

The Bible continually warns of a place called hell. There are over 162 references in the New Testament alone which warns of hell. And over 70 of these references were uttered by the Lord Jesus Christ!

Although not a popular topic, but definitely part of the core doctrines Steven.

And I'm not being facetious here.
J.
I am not that concerned at the name given to the place Christ went to when he died at calvary, that was your concern wasn't it

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I am not that concerned at the name given to the place Christ went to when he died at calvary, that was your concern wasn't it
Psa_16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Your not interested?

"SHEOL". HEBREW, SHEOL.
Appendix 35 To The Companion Bible.
The first occurrence of this word is in Genesis 37:35, where it is rendered "grave". It occurs sixty-five times in the Hebrew of the Old Testament; and only by studying each passage by itself can the student hope to gather the Biblical usage of the word. All heathen or traditional usages are not only worthless, but mischievous. The following are all the passages where the word "Sheol" occurs, with the rendering in each passage indicated thus: 1 = grave, 2 = pit, 3 = hell.
3. Ps. 86:13
(marg. grave).
1. Ps. 88:3.
1. Ps. 89:48.
3. Ps. 116:3.
3. Ps. 139:8.
1. Ps. 141:7.
1. Prov. 1:12.
3. Prov. 5:5.
3. Prov. 7:27.
3. Prov. 9:18.
3. Prov. 15:11, 24. 3. Prov. 23:14.
3. Prov. 27:20.
1. Prov. 30:16.
1. Ecc. 9:10.
1. Song 8:6.
3. Isa. 5:14.
3. Isa. 14:9
(marg. grave).
1. Isa. 14:11.
3. Isa. 14:15.
3. Isa. 28:15, 18.
1. Isa. 38:10. 1. Isa. 38:18.
3. Isa. 57:9.
1. Ezek. 31:15.
3. Ezek. 31:16, 17.
3. Ezek. 32:21, 27.
1. Hos. 13:14, 14.
3. Amos 9:2.
3. Jonah 2:2
(marg. grave).
3. Hab. 2:5.
1. Gen. 37:35.
1. Gen. 42:38.
1. Gen. 44:29, 31.
2. Num. 16:30, 33.
3. Deut. 32:22.
1. 1Samuel 2:6.
3. 2Samuel 22:6.
1. 1Kings 2:6, 9.
1. Job 7:9. 3. Job 11:8.
1. Job 14:13.
1. Job 17:13.
2. Job 17:16.
1. Job 21:13.
1. Job 24:19.
3. Job 26:6.
1. Ps. 6:5.
3. Ps. 9:17. 3. Ps. 16:10.
3. Ps. 18:5.
1. Ps. 30:3.
1. Ps. 31:17.
1. Ps. 49:14, 14, 15.
3. Ps. 55:15
(marg. grave).
As meaning "THE grave," it is to be distinguished from keber, A grave, or, burying-place (from kabar, to bury, first occurrence Genesis 23:4): and bor, a pit, generally hewn in the rock, hence used of a cistern (Genesis 37:20) or a dungeon, etc., when dry. (See note on the word "well" ¹ in Genesis 21:19.)
¹ Hebrew beer, a well (dug): not 'ayin, a spring or fountain; or bor, a cistern (hewn). Note brought forward from Genesis 21:19.

Appendix 131 To The Companion Bible.
"Hell" is the English rendering of two different Greek words in the New Testament.
The English word is from the Anglo-Saxon hel, Genitive Case helle = a hidden place, from the Anglo-Saxon helan = to hide.
It is in the New Testament used as the translation of two Greek words:—
I. Gehenna. Greek geenna. This is the transliteration of the Hebrew Gai' Hinnom, that is to say, the Valley of Hinnom or "the Valley" of [the sons of] Hinnom, where were the fires through which children were passed in the worship of Moloch.
In the Old Testament Tophet was the Hebrew word used, because it was a place in this valley.
In our Lord's day the idolatry had ceased, but the fires were still continually burning there for the destruction of the refuse of Jerusalem. Hence, geenna was used for the fires of destruction associated with the judgment of God. Sometimes, "geenna of fire". See 2Kings 23:10. Isaiah 30:33. Jeremiah 7:31, 32; 19:11-14.
Geenna occurs 12 times, and is always rendered "hell", namely, Matthew 5:22, 29, 30; 10:28; 18:9; 23:15, 33. Mark 9:43, 45, 47. Luke 12:5. James 3:6.
II. Hades. Greek hades, from a (privative) and idein, to see (Appendix 133. I. i); used by the Greeks for the unseen world.
The meaning which the Greeks put upon it does not concern us; nor have we anything to do with the imaginations of the heathen, or the traditions of Jews or Romanists, or the teachings of demons or evil spirits, or of any who still cling to them.
The Holy Spirit has used it as one of the "words pertaining to the earth", and in so doing has "purified" it, "as silver tried in a furnace" (see notes on Psalm 12:6). From this we learn that His own words "are pure", but words belonging to this earth have to be "purified".
The Old Testament is the fountain-head of the Hebrew language. It has no literature behind it. But the case is entirely different with the Greek language. The Hebrew Sheol is a word Divine in its origin and usage. The Greek Hades is human in its origin and comes down to us laden with centuries of development, in which it has acquired new senses, meanings, and usages.
Seeing that the Holy Spirit has used it in Acts 2:27, 31 as His own equivalent of Sheol in Psalm 16:10, He has settled, once for all, the sense in which we are to understand it. The meaning He has given to Sheol in Psalm 16:10 is the one meaning we are to give it wherever it occurs in the New Testament, whether we transliterate it or translate it. We have no liberty to do otherwise, and must discard everything outside the Word of God.
The word occurs eleven times (Matthew 11:23; 16:18. Luke 10:15; 16:23. Acts 2:27, 31. 1Corinthians 15:55. Revelation 1:18; 6:8; 20:13, 14); and is rendered "hell" in every passage except one, where it is rendered "grave" (1Corinthians 15:55, margin "hell").
In the Revised Version the word is always transliterated "Hades", except in 1Corinthians 15:55 (where "death" is substituted because of the reading, in all the texts, of thanate for hade), and in the American Revised Version also.
As Hades is the Divine Scriptural equivalent of Sheol, further light may be gained from Appendix 35, and a reference to the 65 passages there given. It may be well to note that while "Hades" is rendered "hell" in the New Testament (except once, where the rendering "the grave" could not be avoided), Sheol, its Hebrew equivalent, occurs 65 times, and is rendered "the grave" 31 times (or 54%); "hell" 31 times (4 times with margin "the grave", reducing it to 41.5%); and "pit" only 3 times (or 4.5%).
"The grave", therefore, is obviously the best rendering, meaning the state of death (German sterbend, for which we have no English equivalent); not the act of dying, as an examination of all the occurrences of both words will show.
1. The rendering "pit" so evidently means "the grave" that it may at once be substituted for it (Numbers 16:30, 33. Job 17:16).
2. The rendering "the grave" (not "a grave", which is Hebrew keber, or bor) exactly expresses the meaning of both Sheol and Hades. For, as to direction, it is always down: as to place, it is in the earth: as to relation, it is always in contrast with the state of the living (Deuteronomy 32:22-25 and 1Samuel 2:6-8); as to association, it is connected with mourning (Genesis 37:34, 35), sorrow (Genesis 42:38. 2Samuel 22:6. Psalm 18:5; 116:3), fright and terror (Numbers 16:27, 34), mourning (Isaiah 38:3, 10, 17, 18), silence (Psalm 6:5; 31:17. Ecclesiastes 9:10), no knowledge (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10), punishment (Numbers 16:29, 34. 1Kings 2:6, 9. Job 24:19. Psalm 9:17 (Revised Version = re-turned)), corruption (Psalm 16:10. Acts 2:27, 31); as to duration, resurrection is the only exit from it (Psalm 16:11. Acts 2:27, 31; 13:33-37. 1Corinthians 15:55. Revelation 1:18; 20:5, 13, 14).
III. Tartaroo (occurs only in 2Peter 2:4) = to thrust down to Tartarus, Tartarus being a Greek word, not used elsewhere, or at all in the Septuagint. Homer describes it as subterranean (compare Deuteronomy 32:22, which may refer to this). The Homeric Tartarus is the prison of the Titans, or giants (compare Hebrew Rephaim, Appendix 25), who rebelled against Zeus.

So, where was Jesus at His death?
J.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Psa_16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Your not interested?

"SHEOL". HEBREW, SHEOL.
Appendix 35 To The Companion Bible.
The first occurrence of this word is in Genesis 37:35, where it is rendered "grave". It occurs sixty-five times in the Hebrew of the Old Testament; and only by studying each passage by itself can the student hope to gather the Biblical usage of the word. All heathen or traditional usages are not only worthless, but mischievous. The following are all the passages where the word "Sheol" occurs, with the rendering in each passage indicated thus: 1 = grave, 2 = pit, 3 = hell.
3. Ps. 86:13
(marg. grave).
1. Ps. 88:3.
1. Ps. 89:48.
3. Ps. 116:3.
3. Ps. 139:8.
1. Ps. 141:7.
1. Prov. 1:12.
3. Prov. 5:5.
3. Prov. 7:27.
3. Prov. 9:18.
3. Prov. 15:11, 24. 3. Prov. 23:14.
3. Prov. 27:20.
1. Prov. 30:16.
1. Ecc. 9:10.
1. Song 8:6.
3. Isa. 5:14.
3. Isa. 14:9
(marg. grave).
1. Isa. 14:11.
3. Isa. 14:15.
3. Isa. 28:15, 18.
1. Isa. 38:10. 1. Isa. 38:18.
3. Isa. 57:9.
1. Ezek. 31:15.
3. Ezek. 31:16, 17.
3. Ezek. 32:21, 27.
1. Hos. 13:14, 14.
3. Amos 9:2.
3. Jonah 2:2
(marg. grave).
3. Hab. 2:5.
1. Gen. 37:35.
1. Gen. 42:38.
1. Gen. 44:29, 31.
2. Num. 16:30, 33.
3. Deut. 32:22.
1. 1Samuel 2:6.
3. 2Samuel 22:6.
1. 1Kings 2:6, 9.
1. Job 7:9. 3. Job 11:8.
1. Job 14:13.
1. Job 17:13.
2. Job 17:16.
1. Job 21:13.
1. Job 24:19.
3. Job 26:6.
1. Ps. 6:5.
3. Ps. 9:17. 3. Ps. 16:10.
3. Ps. 18:5.
1. Ps. 30:3.
1. Ps. 31:17.
1. Ps. 49:14, 14, 15.
3. Ps. 55:15
(marg. grave).
As meaning "THE grave," it is to be distinguished from keber, A grave, or, burying-place (from kabar, to bury, first occurrence Genesis 23:4): and bor, a pit, generally hewn in the rock, hence used of a cistern (Genesis 37:20) or a dungeon, etc., when dry. (See note on the word "well" ¹ in Genesis 21:19.)
¹ Hebrew beer, a well (dug): not 'ayin, a spring or fountain; or bor, a cistern (hewn). Note brought forward from Genesis 21:19.

Appendix 131 To The Companion Bible.
"Hell" is the English rendering of two different Greek words in the New Testament.
The English word is from the Anglo-Saxon hel, Genitive Case helle = a hidden place, from the Anglo-Saxon helan = to hide.
It is in the New Testament used as the translation of two Greek words:—
I. Gehenna. Greek geenna. This is the transliteration of the Hebrew Gai' Hinnom, that is to say, the Valley of Hinnom or "the Valley" of [the sons of] Hinnom, where were the fires through which children were passed in the worship of Moloch.
In the Old Testament Tophet was the Hebrew word used, because it was a place in this valley.
In our Lord's day the idolatry had ceased, but the fires were still continually burning there for the destruction of the refuse of Jerusalem. Hence, geenna was used for the fires of destruction associated with the judgment of God. Sometimes, "geenna of fire". See 2Kings 23:10. Isaiah 30:33. Jeremiah 7:31, 32; 19:11-14.
Geenna occurs 12 times, and is always rendered "hell", namely, Matthew 5:22, 29, 30; 10:28; 18:9; 23:15, 33. Mark 9:43, 45, 47. Luke 12:5. James 3:6.
II. Hades. Greek hades, from a (privative) and idein, to see (Appendix 133. I. i); used by the Greeks for the unseen world.
The meaning which the Greeks put upon it does not concern us; nor have we anything to do with the imaginations of the heathen, or the traditions of Jews or Romanists, or the teachings of demons or evil spirits, or of any who still cling to them.
The Holy Spirit has used it as one of the "words pertaining to the earth", and in so doing has "purified" it, "as silver tried in a furnace" (see notes on Psalm 12:6). From this we learn that His own words "are pure", but words belonging to this earth have to be "purified".
The Old Testament is the fountain-head of the Hebrew language. It has no literature behind it. But the case is entirely different with the Greek language. The Hebrew Sheol is a word Divine in its origin and usage. The Greek Hades is human in its origin and comes down to us laden with centuries of development, in which it has acquired new senses, meanings, and usages.
Seeing that the Holy Spirit has used it in Acts 2:27, 31 as His own equivalent of Sheol in Psalm 16:10, He has settled, once for all, the sense in which we are to understand it. The meaning He has given to Sheol in Psalm 16:10 is the one meaning we are to give it wherever it occurs in the New Testament, whether we transliterate it or translate it. We have no liberty to do otherwise, and must discard everything outside the Word of God.
The word occurs eleven times (Matthew 11:23; 16:18. Luke 10:15; 16:23. Acts 2:27, 31. 1Corinthians 15:55. Revelation 1:18; 6:8; 20:13, 14); and is rendered "hell" in every passage except one, where it is rendered "grave" (1Corinthians 15:55, margin "hell").
In the Revised Version the word is always transliterated "Hades", except in 1Corinthians 15:55 (where "death" is substituted because of the reading, in all the texts, of thanate for hade), and in the American Revised Version also.
As Hades is the Divine Scriptural equivalent of Sheol, further light may be gained from Appendix 35, and a reference to the 65 passages there given. It may be well to note that while "Hades" is rendered "hell" in the New Testament (except once, where the rendering "the grave" could not be avoided), Sheol, its Hebrew equivalent, occurs 65 times, and is rendered "the grave" 31 times (or 54%); "hell" 31 times (4 times with margin "the grave", reducing it to 41.5%); and "pit" only 3 times (or 4.5%).
"The grave", therefore, is obviously the best rendering, meaning the state of death (German sterbend, for which we have no English equivalent); not the act of dying, as an examination of all the occurrences of both words will show.
1. The rendering "pit" so evidently means "the grave" that it may at once be substituted for it (Numbers 16:30, 33. Job 17:16).
2. The rendering "the grave" (not "a grave", which is Hebrew keber, or bor) exactly expresses the meaning of both Sheol and Hades. For, as to direction, it is always down: as to place, it is in the earth: as to relation, it is always in contrast with the state of the living (Deuteronomy 32:22-25 and 1Samuel 2:6-8); as to association, it is connected with mourning (Genesis 37:34, 35), sorrow (Genesis 42:38. 2Samuel 22:6. Psalm 18:5; 116:3), fright and terror (Numbers 16:27, 34), mourning (Isaiah 38:3, 10, 17, 18), silence (Psalm 6:5; 31:17. Ecclesiastes 9:10), no knowledge (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10), punishment (Numbers 16:29, 34. 1Kings 2:6, 9. Job 24:19. Psalm 9:17 (Revised Version = re-turned)), corruption (Psalm 16:10. Acts 2:27, 31); as to duration, resurrection is the only exit from it (Psalm 16:11. Acts 2:27, 31; 13:33-37. 1Corinthians 15:55. Revelation 1:18; 20:5, 13, 14).
III. Tartaroo (occurs only in 2Peter 2:4) = to thrust down to Tartarus, Tartarus being a Greek word, not used elsewhere, or at all in the Septuagint. Homer describes it as subterranean (compare Deuteronomy 32:22, which may refer to this). The Homeric Tartarus is the prison of the Titans, or giants (compare Hebrew Rephaim, Appendix 25), who rebelled against Zeus.

So, where was Jesus at His death?
J.
Let me repeat. I am not that concerned at the name given to the place Christ went to after his death at calvary, no. And that was your initial query. I would add, I hardly think of hell either in respect of where the unsaved go. I trust in my Saviour to keep me safe. Now if you want to discuss this subject more, please find someone who wants to discuss it with you. Or why not start a new thread on the subject. This one is about something else isnt it?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Let me repeat. I am not that concerned at the name given to the place Christ went to after his death at calvary, no. And that was your initial query. I would add, I hardly think of hell either in respect of where the unsaved go. I trust in my Saviour to keep me safe. Now if you want to discuss this subject more, please find someone who wants to discuss it with you. Or why not start a new thread on the subject. This one is about something else isnt it?
There's something wrong here, very wrong here.
You have a blessed day.
αγαπητοιG27 A-VPM μηG3361 PRT-N παντιG3956 A-DSN πνευματιG4151 N-DSN πιστευετεG4100 V-PAM-2P αλλαG235 CONJ δοκιμαζετεG1381 V-PAM-2P ταG3588 T-APN πνευματαG4151 N-APN ειG1487 COND εκG1537 PREP τουG3588 T-GSM θεουG2316 N-GSM εστινG1510 V-PAI-3S οτιG3754 CONJ πολλοιG4183 A-NPM ψευδοπροφηταιG5578 N-NPM εξεληλυθασινG1831 V-RAI-3P ειςG1519 PREP τονG3588 T-ASM κοσμονG2889 N-ASM
J.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There's something wrong here, very wrong here.
You have a blessed day.
αγαπητοιG27 A-VPM μηG3361 PRT-N παντιG3956 A-DSN πνευματιG4151 N-DSN πιστευετεG4100 V-PAM-2P αλλαG235 CONJ δοκιμαζετεG1381 V-PAM-2P ταG3588 T-APN πνευματαG4151 N-APN ειG1487 COND εκG1537 PREP τουG3588 T-GSM θεουG2316 N-GSM εστινG1510 V-PAI-3S οτιG3754 CONJ πολλοιG4183 A-NPM ψευδοπροφηταιG5578 N-NPM εξεληλυθασινG1831 V-RAI-3P ειςG1519 PREP τονG3588 T-ASM κοσμονG2889 N-ASM
J.
Of course you want to believe there's something very wrong here, and I completely understand why. You had nowhere to go in the original discussion did you, so you wanted to create a rabbit hole to go down. Ive seen it all before so many times, I expected you to do it