The Deity of Jesus under attack on this forum.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is the best way of actually misunderstanding and misinterpreting scripture... and being led into false doctrine.

1. Use and put your trust in a version of the Bible that edits out God's Word.
2. Refuse knowledge that comes from knowing the original language.

All accurate Bible translations started with the scriptures in their original languages.
I don't think the Holy Spirit relies on you reading the greek, aramaic or hebrew. He can work with reputable versions written today

Reactions: Rita

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This seems like a cop out.
It is his own thread. lol
Take a look for yourself. He can introduce supporting and related topics to his OP if he chooses.
He can, but if I want to stick to the subject title of the thread I am quite entitled to

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't the Holy Spirit relies on you reading the greek, aramaic or hebrew. He can work with reputable versions written today
True, and I have said as much myself since Holy Spirit is the Author. I have experience Him speaking His Word to into my spirit at times when I desperately needed it.

And yet, we need to actually read a version that hasn't been deliberately altered to remove His actual words (so that we are actually reading scripture and not some edited words of man). That is my point.

And the Holy Spirit inspired Word says this....

2 Timothy 2:15
[15]Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

There is nothing wrong with knowing the meanings of words in their original language, nor is it written in scripture that we are forbidden to do so.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not that concerned at the name given to the place Christ went to after his death at calvary, no

YOU BETTER BE CONCERNED!
Supposing, you have an unsaved neighbor and knowing you were a "Christian" came and asked of you, "Where did Jesus go after His death on the cross?"
Your response, "I wasn't concerned so I didn't study on it." Will he not go away thinking, what kind of a Christian is he that is not able to answer a simple question? You would also have lost the opportunity of the command of Jesus in Matthew 28:19-20. Plus you will also have lost the opportunity to have given him the reason of the hope that is in you! 1 Peter 3:15.
Remember.... "All scripture is given by inspiration..." 2 Timothy 3:16-17
For your information, Jesus, at the cross, told the thief, "Today thou shalt be with me in paradise." Paradise is definitely proven to be heaven, as Jesus also said, "Father into thy hands I commit my Spirit." Contrary to other beliefs, Jesus can only go to heaven where the Father is!
THE PROOF TEXT:
"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." 2 Corinthians 5:8.

To God Be The Glory

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

This is hotly denied on this forum, the Deity of Christ, makes me wonder who is in charge here...

Sam, the Deity of Christ under attack, on this forum by Unitarians and monotheists, if you are, like me, believe in the Triune Godhead you will come under persecution, on this forum since the majority on this forum are Arians, or monotheistic.

Stay strong in Christ Jesus, we are all sinners, saved by our Father's grace and blessed mercy, most of us are in the valley, whilst other are already sinless, able to overcome their fleshly desires, able to control their thought processes, their will.

Remember, most of us are in a race, others have already finished the race, sitting on a mountain.

Shalom, I have put @GEN2REV on ignore, and will continue to ignore those who insist to deny the fact that Mashiach is God in the flesh, deny His incarnation,that Christ is 'lesser' and not equal to God, that Christ Jesus is a 'created being' and the Holy Spirit a mere emanation, to their own destruction.

J.

Hi. Can you please explain why Jesus often spoke and prayed to God and why God himself proclaimed "THIS IS MY SON"?

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Deity of Jesus Christ

Perhaps the most dramatic declaration of the Trinity lies in the manner in which the Scripture declares that God the Father, God the Son, God the holy Spirit, alike raised Jesus from among the dead. In Acts 13:30 as well as Romans 6:4 plainly stated that God the Father resurrected our dear Savior. Christ was raised from among the dead by the glory of the Father we read. Yet in John 2:19 and 10:17-18 we are specifically taught that God the Son raised Himself from among the dead where Jesus answered and said unto them, "destroy the temple and in three days I will raise it up again," and He spoke of the temple of His body, and He said, "I will raise it up." And, again Christ said, "therefore doth my Father love me because I lay down my life that I might take it again. No man takes my life from me, I have the power to lay it down myself and I have the power to take it up again." And yet the apostle Paul and Peter insist that the Savior was resurrected from the dead by God the Holy Spirit. "Christ hath once suffered for sins being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Holy Spirit."

How marvelous is the clarity of the testimony of the word of God that Jehovah is indeed one as perfect unity as to essence and substance and yet He is three as to persons.

God is not to be thought of then as three different individuals in the sense like Peter, James, and John because Peter, James, and John are not one. They are lacking in absolute unity. There is disagreement among them, there is dispersement as to gifts and capabilities and quality of brains so forth and so on. They are not equal, they are not one in unity and substance in essence and purpose and so on. as God is indeed "one." We must not think of them like Peter, James, and John, for this denies His absolute unity of substance and essence. On the other hand, to say that God is absolute in unity in the sense of "one alone" without subsisting as three persons is also heresy according to the Bible. This concept usually expresses His unique plurality in forms of terms in field and interest or mode of expressing Himself. Such as the pagan Idea that God is revealed as the Father in the Old Testament, that He is revealed as the Son in the New Testament, and during the Church Age He is revealed as the Holy Spirit. Whenever we find this it is a cult and not the church speaking. BTW, this old doctrine is called Sabellianism and it ought to be avoided also.

And so I think in our hearts today would join in that glorious doxology of the church:

Praise God from whom all blessings flow
Praise Him all creatures here below
Praise Him all ye above from heavenly host
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost

For our God indeed is one God and yet we see that the Scriptures teach plainly although we cannot understand how the Scripture teach plainly that although God is one that He exist as one unity, He subsist as three persons as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, for the Bible teaches indeed that the Father is God, that the Bible indeed teaches that the Son is God, and that the Bible indeed teaches that the Father is God, the Son is God, the Holy Spirit is God, three persons distinct and separate, and yet in the same breath declares that this God exist as three persons Father, Son, and Holy Spirit exist as one God, one Jehovah for all of eternity.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Remember.... "All scripture is given by inspiration..." 2 Timothy 3:16-17
For your information, Jesus, at the cross, told the thief, "Today thou shalt be with me in paradise." Paradise is definitely proven to be heaven, as Jesus also said, "Father into thy hands I commit my Spirit." Contrary to other beliefs, Jesus can only go to heaven where the Father is!
So, in your view, Christ went to Heaven when he died at calvary. That's what your studying has led you to believe:

For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. Matt12:40

Therefore you must believe Heaven is in the heart of the earth
Then you wrote

'''Contrary to other beliefs, Jesus can only go to heaven where the Father is!'''

Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father
John20:17

So did Jesus lie to Mary once he had risen from the grave?

There's something badly wrong with your studying, isn't there

Last edited:

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Deity of Jesus Christ

Perhaps the most dramatic declaration of the Trinity lies in the manner in which the Scripture declares that God the Father, God the Son, God the holy Spirit, alike raised Jesus from among the dead. In Acts 13:30 as well as Romans 6:4 plainly stated that God the Father resurrected our dear Savior. Christ was raised from among the dead by the glory of the Father we read. Yet in John 2:19 and 10:17-18 we are specifically taught that God the Son raised Himself from among the dead where Jesus answered and said unto them, "destroy the temple and in three days I will raise it up again," and He spoke of the temple of His body, and He said, "I will raise it up." And, again Christ said, "therefore doth my Father love me because I lay down my life that I might take it again. No man takes my life from me, I have the power to lay it down myself and I have the power to take it up again." And yet the apostle Paul and Peter insist that the Savior was resurrected from the dead by God the Holy Spirit. "Christ hath once suffered for sins being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Holy Spirit."

How marvelous is the clarity of the testimony of the word of God that Jehovah is indeed one as perfect unity as to essence and substance and yet He is three as to persons.

God is not to be thought of then as three different individuals in the sense like Peter, James, and John because Peter, James, and John are not one. They are lacking in absolute unity. There is disagreement among them, there is dispersement as to gifts and capabilities and quality of brains so forth and so on. They are not equal, they are not one in unity and substance in essence and purpose and so on. as God is indeed "one." We must not think of them like Peter, James, and John, for this denies His absolute unity of substance and essence. On the other hand, to say that God is absolute in unity in the sense of "one alone" without subsisting as three persons is also heresy according to the Bible. This concept usually expresses His unique plurality in forms of terms in field and interest or mode of expressing Himself. Such as the pagan Idea that God is revealed as the Father in the Old Testament, that He is revealed as the Son in the New Testament, and during the Church Age He is revealed as the Holy Spirit. Whenever we find this it is a cult and not the church speaking. BTW, this old doctrine is called Sabellianism and it ought to be avoided also.

And so I think in our hearts today would join in that glorious doxology of the church:

Praise God from whom all blessings flow
Praise Him all creatures here below
Praise Him all ye above from heavenly host
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost

For our God indeed is one God and yet we see that the Scriptures teach plainly although we cannot understand how the Scripture teach plainly that although God is one that He exist as one unity, He subsist as three persons as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, for the Bible teaches indeed that the Father is God, that the Bible indeed teaches that the Son is God, and that the Bible indeed teaches that the Father is God, the Son is God, the Holy Spirit is God, three persons distinct and separate, and yet in the same breath declares that this God exist as three persons Father, Son, and Holy Spirit exist as one God, one Jehovah for all of eternity.

To God Be The Glory
As you were convinced Jesus went straight to heaven when he died at Calvary through your studying, I wouldnt rely on your studying

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
[QUOTE="JunChosen, post: 1320476, member: 8632"
They are not equal, they are not one in unity and substance in essence and purpose and so on. as God is indeed "one." We must not think of them like Peter, James, and John, for this denies His absolute unity of substance and essence. On the other hand, to say that God is absolute in unity in the sense of "one alone" without subsisting as three persons is also heresy according to the Bible. [/QUOTE]
I and the Father are one John10:30

I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they(the disciples) may be one AS(AS) we are one John17:22

Keep studying, but try a different way to learn

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

This is hotly denied on this forum, the Deity of Christ, makes me wonder who is in charge here...

Sam, the Deity of Christ under attack, on this forum by Unitarians and monotheists, if you are, like me, believe in the Triune Godhead you will come under persecution, on this forum since the majority on this forum are Arians, or monotheistic.

Stay strong in Christ Jesus, we are all sinners, saved by our Father's grace and blessed mercy, most of us are in the valley, whilst other are already sinless, able to overcome their fleshly desires, able to control their thought processes, their will.

Remember, most of us are in a race, others have already finished the race, sitting on a mountain.

Shalom, I have put @GEN2REV on ignore, and will continue to ignore those who insist to deny the fact that Mashiach is God in the flesh, deny His incarnation,that Christ is 'lesser' and not equal to God, that Christ Jesus is a 'created being' and the Holy Spirit a mere emanation, to their own destruction.

J.
By their fruits is how they are known brother.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

J.
Isaiah 55
10 For as the rain comes down, and the snow from the heavens, and does not return there, but waters the earth, and makes it bring out and bud, and give seed to the sower and bread to the eater;

11 so shall My word be, which goes out of My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall certainly do what I sent it to do.

Psalm 33
6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being.
4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.

14 And the Word became flesh, and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and of truth.

• The creation bears witness to the Word of God which created it.
  • The Word of God which created all things bears witness to the Almighty God (the Father).
  • The Holy Spirit of God bears witness to God (the Father) and the Word of God. (1 John 5:10).

If God (the Father) did not exist, nothing would exist:

"There is to us only one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we by Him." (1 Corinthians 8:6).

Logos (Strong's Greek Dictionary # G03056) means:

(a) something said (including the thought); by implication a topic (subject of discourse); and

(b) reasoning (the mental faculty); and

(c) motive; by extension a computation and

(d) specifically (with the article in John) the Divine Expression (that is Christ):

The wisdom of God is a characteristic of Logos/The Word: Proverbs 8:22-36:

"The LORD possessed Me in the beginning of His way, before His works of old. I was anointed from everlasting, from the beginning, before the earth ever was .."

The Bible is PACKED with "Trinity" revelations. It's diligent studying of biblical scripture that gave birth to the (extra-biblical term) "Trinity" in the first place.

Colossians 1:15-17
"For all things were created by Him who is the image of the invisible God, the First-born (Greek: prototokos) of all creation, the things in the heavens, and the things on the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers, all things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist."

Only God exists from before all things, from everlasting.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ and Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Isaiah 55
10 For as the rain comes down, and the snow from the heavens, and does not return there, but waters the earth, and makes it bring out and bud, and give seed to the sower and bread to the eater;

11 so shall My word be, which goes out of My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall certainly do what I sent it to do.

Psalm 33
6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being.
4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.

14 And the Word became flesh, and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and of truth.

• The creation bears witness to the Word of God which created it.
  • The Word of God which created all things bears witness to the Almighty God (the Father).
  • The Holy Spirit of God bears witness to God (the Father) and the Word of God. (1 John 5:10).

If God (the Father) did not exist, nothing would exist:

"There is to us only one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we by Him." (1 Corinthians 8:6).

Logos (Strong's Greek Dictionary # G03056) means:

(a) something said (including the thought); by implication a topic (subject of discourse); and

(b) reasoning (the mental faculty); and

(c) motive; by extension a computation and

(d) specifically (with the article in John) the Divine Expression (that is Christ):

The wisdom of God is a characteristic of Logos/The Word: Proverbs 8:22-36:

"The LORD possessed Me in the beginning of His way, before His works of old. I was anointed from everlasting, from the beginning, before the earth ever was .."

The Bible is PACKED with "Trinity" revelations. It's diligent studying of biblical scripture that gave birth to the (extra-biblical term) "Trinity" in the first place.

Colossians 1:15-17
"For all things were created by Him who is the image of the invisible God, the First-born (Greek: prototokos) of all creation, the things in the heavens, and the things on the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers, all things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist."

Only God exists from before all things, from everlasting.

Powerfully stated, looking forward to see more posts from you @Fullness of the Gentiles.
Shalom to you and family
J.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi. Can you please explain why Jesus often spoke and prayed to God and why God himself proclaimed "THIS IS MY SON"?
Easy ...because Jesus is the Son. lol
That doesn't take away the fact He is God. You have to throw away nearly half the Bible in order to not see that.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
That doesn't take away the fact He is God. You have to throw away nearly half the Bible in order to not see that.
Because there is more confusion around the person of Jesus Christ than any other human figure in history, while most people will readily accept that Jesus was once a man, many will rage at the claim that He was more than a man.

It is worth noting that a compelling argument is made stating that Jesus never mentioned, nor does the Bible document Him saying, “I am God worship me.”

Although Jesus does not explicitly use those words, we do have several statements in the Bible that would imply the characteristics of Jesus’s claims of deity.

Hopefully this will answer Christo's question
There's a lot of confusion as to who Mashiach Y'howshuwa is, in His humanity, yet at the same time God and our eternal destination is at stake here.
J.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Easy cos Jesus is Gods son. Then you follow it by saying something that makes no sense at all. You actually contradict yourself.
Either I'm me or I'm my father. I can't be both that is impossible. And how can God pray to himself is he mentally ill or something.

Do you really understand the trinity? How when not even the RCC claims to understand it and they invented it.

God said "This is my son" You can't twist that however hard you try. Father and son
And Christ prayed to God, another entity. You can't twist that either.
Also Christ repeatedly says his the son. It can't be misinterpreted.

And remember on the cross
"God why have you forsaken me"
Hardly the words of a God. Did he forsake himself? A silly thought

These facts must be ignored to be certain that Jesus is God as well.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Easy cos Jesus is Gods son. Then you follow it by saying something that makes no sense at all. You actually contradict yourself.
Either I'm me or I'm my father. I can't be both that is impossible. And how can God pray to himself is he mentally ill or something.

Do you really understand the trinity? How when not even the RCC claims to understand it and they invented it.

God said "This is my son" You can't twist that however hard you try. Father and son
And Christ prayed to God, another entity. You can't twist that either.
Also Christ repeatedly says his the son. It can't be misinterpreted.

And remember on the cross
"God why have you forsaken me"
Hardly the words of a God. Did he forsake himself? A silly thought

These facts must be ignored to be certain that Jesus is God as well.
The one twisting and perverting scriptures is you Christo.
J.

Reactions: TLHKAJ