The Deity of Jesus under attack on this forum.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sir
If Jesus is not God...
You're worshipping a man.

If I may, not neccessarily
What if, a person believed the Holy Spirit fully resided in the perfect body of Christ, but they only termed Christ the Son of God?

A trinitarian believes the Holy Spirit is God Himself. So, the difference would not be in the essence of Christ, but simply his title. In those circumstances, could you only believe Christ was an ordinary man, if you only termed him the Son of God, not the one true God?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
If I may, not neccessarily
What if, a person believed the Holy Spirit fully resided in the perfect body of Christ, but they only termed Christ the Son of God?

A trinitarian believes the Holy Spirit is God Himself. So, the difference would not be in the essence of Christ, but simply his title. In those circumstances, could you only believe Christ was an ordinary man, if you only termed him the Son of God, not the one true God?
God doesn't have a Son.
You're referring to the second person of the Trinity.

This person, who is known as The Word of God necessarily existed with God from forever.
Have you ever been separate from Your word?

Jesus is the Son of God because He became incarnate on Earth. This is the only reason He is referred to as the Son.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God doesn't have a Son.

This person, who is known as The Word of God necessarily existed with God from forever.
Have you ever been separate from Your word?

Jesus is the Son of God because He became incarnate on Earth. This is the only reason He is referred to as the Son.
Could you answer my question please. If the difference in belief was not in the essence of Christ, but simply his title, in your view, to then only term Christ the Son of God, would that mean you could only believe he was an ordinary man

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Could you answer my question please. If the difference in belief was not in the essence of Christ, but simply his title, in your view, to then only term Christ the Son of God, would that mean you could only believe he was an ordinary man
Son of God implies to some persons here that the 2nd person of the Trinity did not always exist.

So yes, a title is important .
Especially the title GOD.

If you were a King, would you like to be called a Lord or a Prince?

You'd like to be called a King.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Son of God implies to some persons here that the 2nd person of the Trinity did not always exist.

So yes, a title is important .
Especially the title GOD.

If you were a King, would you like to be called a Lord or a Prince?

You'd like to be called a King.
My friend, you have let your academic mind overturn spiritual truth. How many verses of scripture do you want that state the title one must believe to be saved is Son of God

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 20:17 reads:
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Here Jesus is NOT saying that He is NOT God! So how can we reconcile the terms, "I ascend unto my Father; and your Father; and to my God and your God?"

Well, we know from other Scriptures, Jesus is the ONLY ONE in the
Godhead that has a "physical" and "spiritual" natures. In this instance, since He has NOT gone to heaven in His glorified, spiritual body as yet", He was still able to speak in His :pphysical nature" so to speak. [that Emoji is out of place, please ignore].

The phrase, "Touch me NOT" is a term used to signify a marriage relationship, as in, [all believers are the bride of Christ].

I hope this helps.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:
Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
My friend, you have let your academic mind overturn spiritual truth. How many verses of scripture do you want that state the title one must believe to be saved is Son of God
What is the spiritual truth?
That the 2nd Person did not always exist?
That there is a little God and a big God?

God is our Savior. This is stated in the OT.
Thomas stayed My Lord and My God.
Only Jesus was standing there at the time , not Him and God..

If we believe in Jesus it's equivalent to believing in God.

God always saved.
Always through HIS WORD.
John 1
Romans 1:19...

In the beginning was the Word.
In the beginning God created.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What is the spiritual truth?
That the 2nd Person did not always exist?
That there is a little God and a big God?

God is our Savior. This is stated in the OT.
Thomas stayed My Lord and My God.
Only Jesus was standing there at the time , not Him and God..

If we believe in Jesus it's equivalent to believing in God.

God always saved.
Always through HIS WORD.
John 1
Romans 1:19...

In the beginning was the Word.
In the beginning God created.
My friend, I could swap scriptures with you all day long. The fact is, the bible is clear, the title one must give to Christ in order to inherit eternal life is Son of God. You may theologise as much as you wish, but you cannot change what is plainly written in this regard

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
My friend, I could swap scriptures with you all day long. The fact is, the bible is clear, the title one must give to Christ in order to inherit eternal life is Son of God. You may theologise as much as you wish, but you cannot change what is plainly written in this regard
Is the Son of God God?
It sounds like you're belittling God just because He decided to be born to a woman and become one of us so He could better explain Himself.

And you stating stuff about me instead of replying or adhering to the subject just shows reluctance to reply to my statements.

And I haven't overburdened you with verses.

There's a new wave of arianism on the horizon.
Perhaps these persons could invent their very own religion.

Reactions: JunChosen

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is the Son of God God?
It sounds like you're belittling God just because He decided to be born to a woman and become one of us so He could better explain Himself.

And you stating stuff about me instead of replying or adhering to the subject just shows reluctance to reply to my statements.

And I haven't overburdened you with verses.

There's a new wave of arianism on the horizon.
Perhaps these persons could invent their very own religion.
I am simply stating the title you must give to Christ to inherit eternal life is Son of God. You cannot biblically refute that, so you go all over the place to try and deflect from it. Seen it all before, many times

Reactions: APAK

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doesn't have a Son.
Time and again, Jesus would claim that Jehovah is His Father! How do you understand Matthew 3:17 and how can you reconcile the verse with Matthew 17:5 that God Himself drives home the point that Jesus is His Son? And, how do you understand the term, Hear ye Him?

HEAR HIM, WHAT?

To God Be The Glory

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I am simply stating the title you must give to Christ to inherit eternal life is Son of God. You cannot biblically refute that, so you go all over the place to try and deflect from it. Seen it all before, many times
Yes.
I think I'll need some verses on that.
Where does the NT state I must believe Jesus is the Son of God to be saved?

You mean we must believe He is the Christ,,,the Spn of God. ?

Please answer if you believe Jesus is God.
Period.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Time and again, Jesus would claim that Jehovah is His Father! How do you understand Matthew 3:17 and how can you reconcile the verse with Matthew 17:5 that God Himself drives home the point that Jesus is His Son? And, how do you understand the term, Hear ye Him?

To God Be The Glory
The son always existed as the 2nd Person of the Trinity...

As The Word.

Some use Son of God as a diminutive.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

HEAR HIM, WHAT?

To God Be The Glory
You missed some of my posts.

Jesus is the Son by virtue of the fact that the Holy Spirit fathered Him.

But He always existed.

Jesus Is God.

Reactions: JunChosen

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes.
I think I'll need some verses on that.
Where does the NT state I must believe Jesus is the Son of God to be saved?

You mean we must believe He is the Christ,,,the Spn of God. ?

Please answer if you believe Jesus is God.
Period.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. John3:16&17
For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.” John6:40
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. John17:3
If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 1John4:15
1 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 1John5:11&12
I have not the inclination to write any more verses out

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. John3:16&17
For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.” John6:40
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. John17:3
If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 1John4:15
1 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 1John5:11&12
I have not the inclination to wrote any more verses out
Good.
But you still didn't answer my question.
Is Jesus God?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I have not the inclination to write any more verses out
Sorry. Didn't mean to be curt.
Do you believe the above verses mean the 2nd Person of the Trinity was created?

I did day that Jesus was born and had a beginning.

But was He not the Word?
John 1