The Destruction of American Freedom, Liberty, and Captialism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What did Jesus say to some "religious" types in his day? "That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you." Isn't it the same today? As Solomon said, "There is nothing new under the sun."

I just am one of those STRANGE creatures who doesn't do mainstream Christianity... I will not place myself in a religious box of labels and definitions... My heart is to LOVE the lost and the broken... the unloveables of the world. I don't do the Pharisees well at all. They don't like me either... LOL

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have mixed moments, sometimes I would like nothing more than to sit with another Christian and have a chat over coffee, or tea. My children and I have some good debates - and Dan ( my son who lives with me ) and I do find some common ground and agree on many things x
Rita
@Rita Good that you have each other, anyway, in times such as these.

Reactions: Rita

Truth OT

Oct 24, 2019
Cypress
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
I think that's what's really behind much of the angst from evangelical Christians in this thread....the days where they could force everyone, even non-Christians, to abide and live by their beliefs are largely over. I suppose though in one sense, seeing Christians wail and gnash their teeth during the transition to a post-Christian society should be expected.

To an oppressor, being stripped of the power to oppress is oppression.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was able to read into that your accusation against Christians whom you may consider "Pharisees". But that is a MISAPPLICATION of the word "Pharisee".

Thank you for grading my post. LOL I did not realize that was a free service.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You can look forward to the same in the future at no cost. Whether you learn any lessons will be entirely up to you.

The problem is you won't find me arguing scripture... so if you want to pick apart what comes from my heart and my writing style.. then go for it.... however... it is a strange hobby.... I am accountable for my words... and whether I mis-use a word or not... I think it is rather on the RUDE side to dissect other's writings. But whatever floats your boat.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think it is rather on the RUDE side to dissect other's writings.
Why would it be considered rude -- rather than a help -- to correct someone? If you were in a classroom would you consider it rude for your teacher to correct you?

Reactions: Candidus

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why would it be considered rude -- rather than a help -- to correct someone? If you were in a classroom would you consider it rude for your teacher to correct you?

Is this a serious question?? OH my goodness...