The Devil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Madad21 said:
thanks I shall enjoy it without threat of debate ;)
................in the debate forum
Over the decades there has been much debate as to whether it was an internal or external temptation - - ultimately all temptation is internal else it wouldn't be a temptation ;)

Theres more material if need be.

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Purity said:
The delusion is strong and only gaining strength in these last days before he comes...the apostasy will be speaking of all manner of spirits and idolatry, yes, even the image of man will be standing upon its feet ready for the stone cut without hands.

P.
Just so I understand you correctly, are you saying that anyone who says that these things have/are happening to them are involved in apostasy and idolatry? There is a big difference between being aware of something and idolatry. Let me make something crystal clear, there is nothing you can say to me that will change the facts of what I've seen and experienced over the last 50 years. I know I've been involved in spiritual warfare for whatever reason. The good that can come from that is that hopefully if I can help even one person with this then it would have been worth it.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
truthquest said:
Just so I understand you correctly, are you saying that anyone who says that these things have/are happening to them are involved in apostasy and idolatry? There is a big difference between being aware of something and idolatry. Let me make something crystal clear, there is nothing you can say to me that will change the facts of what I've seen and experienced over the last 50 years. I know I've been involved in spiritual warfare for whatever reason. The good that can come from that is that hopefully if I can help even one person with this then it would have been worth it.
What is perceived and what is the reality are two entirely different things. Christianity worships many gods - trinity, devils, demons, satan, glorified saint, one for each day of the year. The truth of God and the Lord Jesus Christ has absolutely nothing to do with these false teachings.

Be honest and objective and tell me how difficult its been for Christians here to prove the Trinity and Satan as a supernatural being? In my view they have failed miserably....but will they change?

No. John 8:43

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Thank you folks for caring and debating!

Awhile back the Serpent debated Eve where I think the serpent won?

A little after that the Serpent, Satan in person, exactly as he did in Gen.3:1 and in Job1:9; 2:4, 5, Satan starts the temptation with the Godman Jesus (Matt.4:3) by raising a cloud of doubt. When he uses a condition of reality: "if thou art a son of God," the "if" really questions the fact, for Satan demands Jesus furnish the proof.

We see that Satan questions the very word of the Father spoken from the opened heavens. When doing so, he cunningly modifies the Father's word.

Old Jack that tends to lose debates

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Purity said:
What is perceived and what is the reality are two entirely different things. Christianity worships many gods - trinity, devils, demons, satan, glorified saint, one for each day of the year. The truth of God and the Lord Jesus Christ has absolutely nothing to do with these false teachings.

Be honest and objective and tell me how difficult its been for Christians here to prove the Trinity and Satan as a supernatural being? In my view they have failed miserably....but will they change?

Why is that Purity, because you say so? You might find this hard to accept but not everyone believes the same way you do. You might not think that personal testimonies mean anything but I think they do. In your view, yes, in your view. You already admitted that you couldn't explain everything that happens. Therefore you are showing doubt as to your own beliefs. If you someday meet someone who is having a real spiritual attack I hope you don't tell them that it is just their imagination, and fanciful notions. I hope you will at least pray for them for help and protection.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Let me just say.................Experience God, ask Him over for dinner, take a walk with Him, get His advice for buying that new car or home.
Don't really need studies, seminars, bible studies or teachers. Be still and hear His voice.
Stop, and remain in a quiet place...He will talk to you.
And beware.......who is teaching you....
Remember your school years.......hmmmmmm not all teachers are considered equal.

oooooooops!! let me check my notes to see if I said that right.

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have no notes

Grasshopper::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::first meet the master............then your studies will be as of fine pearls
truthquest said:
Why is that Purity, because you say so? You might find this hard to accept but not everyone believes the same way you do. You might not think that personal testimonies mean anything but I think they do. In your view, yes, in your view. You already admitted that you couldn't explain everything that happens. Therefore you are showing doubt as to your own beliefs. If you someday meet someone who is having a real spiritual attack I hope you don't tell them that it is just their imagination, and fanciful notions. I hope you will at least pray for them for help and protection.
truthquest........Amen again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jw's don't pray...................they just let their children die.......now if they would put the power back into thier diluted scriptures....
HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the child lives

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
truthquest said:
No, not because I say so, but because I have been provided Biblical responses to those who question my faith, as per 1 Pet 3:15. My answers are not filled with fanciful notions which notions to date are unproven idea's and concept's that Gods Word never intended to be conveyed. What would you do truthquest if you held a more perfect truth - would you remain quiet?

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Purity said:
Over the decades there has been much debate as to whether it was an internal or external temptation - - ultimately all temptation is internal else it wouldn't be a temptation ;)

Theres more material if need be.
Yes I would have to agree to some extent, I havent had opportunity to read all your observation at this stage.
I dont believe you mean to dictate, so I wont accuse you of it, but its not wise to close debate on any of these subjects because they impact us all, as you know we are still on this journey and we can never know enough though you may be tired of the subject.

I personally dont believe Christ was tempted in the desert internally, however I have not done any research in to the situation to make my understanding concrete, your essay will be an appreciated point of view.

blessings

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Yes I would have to agree to some extent, I havent had opportunity to read all your observation at this stage.
I dont believe you mean to dictate, so I wont accuse you of it, but its not wise to close debate on any of these subjects because they impact us all, as you know we are still on this journey and we can never know enough though you may be tired of the subject.

I personally dont believe Christ was tempted in the desert internally, however I have not done any research in to the situation to make my understanding concrete, your essay will be an appreciated point of view.

blessings
Yes I know many (Unitarians) who share your view.

We must always balance our understanding against Heb 4:15 - for instant Jesus seeking another way in the garden certainly shares elements of being tempted but he quickly cast down this opposing thought by stating "not my will but thine"

Temptation must be internalised in our nature at some point - to take every thought captive must imply tempting thoughts which need locking up. 2 Cor 10:5

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Purity

Give me your thoughts on the many evil spirits in the man at the tomb. Mark 4

How does the many evil spirits(devils) leave a man if the flesh is the devil ?
Some how it effects the swine, what was it ?

Some how some of these people that had evil spirits felt threaten when Jesus appeared to him and knew who he was.
Jesus had to tell some evil spirit to be quiet not to reveal who he was.
Some how these human if they are evil spirits thought Jesus was going to destroy them before there time.

I am assuming that these humans were the first time Jesus met them. like the man at the tomb.

Your thoughts ?

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Purity said:
Yes I know many (Unitarians) who share your view.

We must always balance our understanding against Heb 4:15 - for instant Jesus seeking another way in the garden certainly shares elements of being tempted but he quickly cast down this opposing thought by stating "not my will but thine"

Temptation must be internalised in our nature at some point - to take every thought captive must imply tempting thoughts which need locking up. 2 Cor 10:5
Unitarians?? How about most Christians brother LOL :rolleyes:

Also I see you gave up on
QUESTION 1 for YOU - IF YOU BELIEVE JESUS is GODhttp://www.christianityboard.com/topic/20103-question-1-for-you-if-you-believe-jesus-is-god/

I took the time to answer your argument, and then you just walk away.

are we going to return to it bro?

blessings :)

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Purity said:
Yes I agree. The adverse spirit of his three friends was made evident in their council. Did you notice how the adversary focuses in on Job's possession?

Job 1:10 (hedged about)
Job 1:11 (touch all his possessions)

I laugh when people try to convince me a supernatural evil being would be concerned at how many sheep Job had...gives me belly laughs.
Nice try purity ... guys like you amaze me

You are completely blind to stuff right there in front of you

Job 1:6
Job 1:7
Job 1:8
Job 1:9
Job 1:12
Job 2:1
Job 2:2
Job 2:3
Job 2:4
Job 2:6
Job 2:7

Maybe this is why

Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

(NLT 2 Corinthians 4:4)

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne

QUESTION 1 for YOU - IF YOU BELIEVE JESUS is GOD

Mazda,

Not sure if you can appreciate how many responses I am getting at present so to have one go through to the keeper surely must be forgivable?

QUESTION 1 for YOU - IF YOU BELIEVE JESUS is GOD

But thank you for the link though its not working - if you click on the number i.e. #32 and copy and paste the link I will respond.
P
Ok, seems like we need to go through these one by one.

Now I assume you don't infer your Evil Spirit went into Heaven?

How come the adversary is not heard of after chapter 3?

Its odd the "Satan" disappears when the 3 friends enter the story?

Hmmm lets dwell on that for a moment?

Notice that "Satan" is not judged at the end, but the 3 friends are?

Hmmmm lets dwell on that for a moment!

Arnie - would you like me to work through all your quotes and have to asked logical questions?
Surely you can do this???
P.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Purity said:
Mazda,

Not sure if you can appreciate how many responses I am getting at present so to have one go through to the keeper surely must be forgivable?

But thank you for the link though its not working - if you click on the number i.e. #32 and copy and paste the link I will respond.
P
You dont need the link, we were just talking on it not 2 days ago, its still on the debate list. LOL!!!

Its ok you can pass, I understand. ;)

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
truthquest said:
Why is that Purity, because you say so? You might find this hard to accept but not everyone believes the same way you do. You might not think that personal testimonies mean anything but I think they do. In your view, yes, in your view. You already admitted that you couldn't explain everything that happens. Therefore you are showing doubt as to your own beliefs. If you someday meet someone who is having a real spiritual attack I hope you don't tell them that it is just their imagination, and fanciful notions. I hope you will at least pray for

If you notice; P will only answer very selectively! He refuses to answer his own teaching when it put him in a corner! (see below)!

Why should they; it's you who are erroneous, and won't accept Scripture, (you know, those from Almighty God) because you know better; but cannot prove it! You also refuse to answer questions on your own teachings (see below)!

Purity said:
No, not because I say so, but because I have been provided Biblical responses to those who question my faith, as per 1 Pet 3:15. My answers are not filled with fanciful notions which notions to date are unproven idea's and concept's that Gods Word never intended to be conveyed. What would you do truthquest if you held a more perfect truth - would you remain quiet?

But you do err; you do demand people believe you! Your misuse of Scripture is scandalous! So; finally, you admit your knowledge is superior to that of the Godhead! I assume you will be holding seminars for the benefit of the authors of the Bible?
them for help and protection.
Please show us all your "superior knowledge" (or as you call it "more perfect truth).
A start would be to answer my points re. your teachings, viz;

Purity, on 24 May 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:
Purity said:
If only you had 39 books to support your notions but you haven't one.
I only need one; The Bible!

It states clearly that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; which is where your apostasy is!
Watching your weasel words is like reading Gen..and Satan's words to Eve; "surely thou shalt not die"!
Ahh. but of course; you don't believe in Satan do you?
That means he never tempted Eve!
That means in your "theology" God introduced temptation and evil!???
That of course would not hold water! So where now your theology?

You say you "praise God regularly"; that means (if you tell the truth), that you "worship in spirit and in truth ( Jhn.4:23-24), unless the "one" you worship, is one of those that Jesus warned would be evident (false Christ's).
You said in an earlier post that you treat the Holy Spirit in the same way as Christ Jesus; ie deny their Deity!
In that case; you cannot "worship in spirit and in truth"; as "God is Spirit"!???
Floyd.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Comment on Satan; who according to Purity, does not exist!

Unitarians and Jehovah's Witnesses

[SIZE=16pt]The Bible clearly states that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; which is where the apostasy of Jehovah's Witnesses, Unitarians and others that think along similar lines deny![/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Reading and listening to their weasel words is like reading Genesis 3:4 and Satan's words to Eve; "Ye shall not surely die" (KJV), after God had said the opposite only a short time before! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]The interesting point of Satan's attack on Eve,[/SIZE] is that Satan wanted to bring mankind low (out of the special relationship Adam and Eve had with God); see: [SIZE=16pt]Eve and Adam[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Satan also wanted to do the same with Jesus just after His baptism by John the Baptist; and showed his power with his temptation of Jesus; and offered Him "all the kingdoms of the world", if He would fall down and worship him (Matt. 4; and Luke 4). This action by Satan also confirmed that at that time (and the present) he was/is "the prince of this world[/SIZE]"; as both Paul and Jesus acknowledged!

Jehovah Witnesses and Unitarians et-cetera, have different teachings on Satan; even though the Bible is clear on his origins, his fall, and his purpose now and in the future. See: [SIZE=16pt]Satan's origins;[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]Satan's Motivation:[/SIZE] [SIZE=16pt]The father of Lies[/SIZE] and [SIZE=16pt]Worship of Satan[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]That means that some in their teaching do not believe that, Satan tempted Eve! Some teach that evil is in man from the Eden stage, but not by Satan! This confusion means that many believe that God introduced temptation and evil; which means in their teaching that God created evil[/SIZE], with all its consequences!

That of course does not hold true to Scripture; so that all their teaching is not valid to the Bible; so where does that leave their teachings but in the rubbish tip of the worst of the heretical sects and false churches, and false Christ's that Jesus warned about during His first Advent on earth, (Matt. 24:4; Mk.13:6; and Luke 21:8)!

[SIZE=16pt]As well as denying Christ's Deity, they deny also the Deity of the Holy Spirit. They protest that they "praise and worship God as other Christians do". However; as they deny the Holy Spirit's Deity; and as God is "Spirit" (Jn. 4:23); and "all that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth"; (Jn. 4:24); they cannot worship Him, as they deny Him! Therefore; if they think they worship the True God (1 Cor.8:4); they are deluded; and using false scripture, which is often the case (their own translations; corrupting the main points of God's Truth throughout)!

This places these people and especially their leaders in the same category as the "false shepherds of Israel"; and as per. Scripture prophecy means that they have severe judgement to look forward to; when Christ Jesus begins His clearing to Truth from "the lie of Satan"; at the beginning of His Reign on earth; see: [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]Prophets, Prophetesses, Shepherds and Teachers[/SIZE] and [SIZE=16pt]Sheep and Goat Judgement[/SIZE]

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Purity said:
A more perfect truth...that's a very revealing statement about your teachers and you. Prov. 11:2 When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.
Rom. 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God has dealt to every man the measure of faith.
This "only we are right and you are wrong", "only we have the more perfect truth", holier than thou, legalistic, judgmental attitude where humility is lacking and with a prideful heart; where love and compassion for others is not shown. James 3: 9 With this(tongue) bless we God, even the Father; and with this curse we men, who are made after the similitude of God. 10 Out of the same mouth proceeds blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.