The Didache on the coming of the world-deceiver: What 1st and 2nd century saints were taught

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that is false. Gentiles are called gentiles even though they were Christians.

Act 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
Act 13:49 And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region.
Act 13:50 But the Jews stirred up the devout and honourable women, and the chief men of the city, and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them out of their coasts.
Act 13:51 But they shook off the dust of their feet against them, and came unto Iconium.
Act 13:52 And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Ghost.
Act 14:1 And it came to pass in Iconium, that they went both together into the synagogue of the Jews, and so spake, that a great multitude both of the Jews and also of the Greeks believed.
Act 14:2 But the unbelieving Jews stirred up the Gentiles, and made their minds evil affected against the brethren.

Act_15:3 And being brought on their way by the church, they passed through Phenice and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles: and they caused great joy unto all the brethren.

Even after conversion these believing gentiles are still called gentiles.
The Gentiles who were not Christian because they had not yet known they could be were glad when they found out. And many of them believed and then became Christian.

Same thing about the Jews and the Greeks. Once they believed they were no longer Jews and Greeks. Now to you they may still be Jews. But not to God. Why is this so hard to understand? I feel like I'm teaching grammar school kids how to read.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no such thing as a "Gentile Christian" and that's why no such language is used in the New Testament.
11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!

13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, ...

... that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. ( Rom. 11:11-13, 25)

Or is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also, Rom. 3:29

that I might be a minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering of the Gentiles might be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit. Rom. 15:16
________
And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled. LUKE 21:24
________
Acts 10:45
Acts 11:1, 18
Acts 13:42
Romans 15: 10-11
Romans 16:4
Galatians 2, 3
Ephesians 2-4
Colossians 2
Timothy
1 Peter
1John
Revelation ...
... Too numerous to include a full list.
Again spiritually there is no difference. But physically we are and have been identified throughout the NT as Gentiles, whether saved or not and Israel is still Israel (Jews ), saved or not.
God has still open covenants to yet fulfill with Israel and will when the fullness of the Gentiles comes in.

>> Non-Trinitarians typically have a distorted view of scripture!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gentiles who were not Christian because they had not yet known they could be were glad when they found out. And many of them believed and then became Christian.

Same thing about the Jews and the Greeks. Once they believed they were no longer Jews and Greeks. Now to you they may still be Jews. But not to God. Why is this so hard to understand? I feel like I'm teaching grammar school kids how to read.
Spiritually there is neither Jew nor Gentile, male of female. But that is our invisible nature in Christ. ON EARTH _ STILL IN THIS FLESH _ WE HAVE AN IDENTITY.
I see a photo of a man with a mustache next to the name Peterlag. Are you saying that there is no such thing as a male Christian? Is that your gender, or are you not sure? I see you are from New York. A New York Christian? Does that exist ... it's not in the Bible. Pull out your ID. It describes you, your height, weight, gender. Wait a minute, that can't be ... Christians don't have weight, height and gender - the Bible never describes them that way. ??? Eemmm ... An American Christian? ... not in the Bible either. Hey maybe these references are just physical identifiers. A Gentile is just a reference to everyone outside the chosen nation of Israel and their religion. If you are a Jew, you are not a Gentile and vice versa.
Christianity spread to the Gentiles, and they became new spiritual creatures but they were still identified physically and personally as Ephesians, Galatians, Romans, Thessalonians, Colossians, Corinthians, Philippians, etc.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritually there is neither Jew nor Gentile, male of female. But that is our invisible nature in Christ. ON EARTH _ STILL IN THIS FLESH _ WE HAVE AN IDENTITY.
I see a photo of a man with a mustache next to the name Peterlag. Are you saying that there is no such thing as a male Christian? Is that your gender, or are you not sure? I see you are from New York. A New York Christian? Does that exist ... it's not in the Bible. Pull out your ID. It describes you, your height, weight, gender. Wait a minute, that can't be ... Christians don't have weight, height and gender - the Bible never describes them that way. ??? Eemmm ... An American Christian? ... not in the Bible either. Hey maybe these references are just physical identifiers. A Gentile is just a reference to everyone outside the chosen nation of Israel and their religion. If you are a Jew, you are not a Gentile and vice versa.
Christianity spread to the Gentiles, and they became new spiritual creatures but they were still identified physically and personally as Ephesians, Galatians, Romans, Thessalonians, Colossians, Corinthians, Philippians, etc.
You have an identity. God does not have that identity and He wrote the book. Not you. Or me so how I see my mustache means nothing to God because I did not co-write the Bible with Him. As far as He is concerned there are no Jewish Christians.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!

13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, ...

... that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. ( Rom. 11:11-13, 25)

Or is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also, Rom. 3:29

that I might be a minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering of the Gentiles might be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit. Rom. 15:16
________
And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled. LUKE 21:24
________
Acts 10:45
Acts 11:1, 18
Acts 13:42
Romans 15: 10-11
Romans 16:4
Galatians 2, 3
Ephesians 2-4
Colossians 2
Timothy
1 Peter
1John
Revelation ...
... Too numerous to include a full list.
Again spiritually there is no difference. But physically we are and have been identified throughout the NT as Gentiles, whether saved or not and Israel is still Israel (Jews ), saved or not.
God has still open covenants to yet fulfill with Israel and will when the fullness of the Gentiles comes in.

>> Non-Trinitarians typically have a distorted view of scripture!
Can you give me a verse that says "Gentile Christian" because I don't see it in any of the verses you listed. In Romans 10 and 11 Paul stops talking to Christians and starts talking to the Jews and he tells us that clearly with statements like...

... my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
... Who are Israelites;

And then everything in that section is about Israel and he no longer is teaching the gospel of Christ to the Christians. We need to learn how to watch to whom it is addressed and watch our time. The time Israel lived under the Law is not the same time Christians live under grace.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel like I'm teaching grammar school kids how to read.

Ditto. I posted evidence that gentiles are still called gentiles after accepting Christ yet it is still being argued.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not have that identity and He wrote the book.
Really? God emptied Himself into the womb of Mary and was born a human, who later became a man, Savior and Lord, Light of the World, Whom we identify with. That was His purpose, to come down from Heaven, so that we could also see, touch, speak to and have a relationship with Him. He is the the exact expression and fullness the of glory God. When we think of the identity of God, we think of Jesus.
But you don't believe that do you? You don't think He is God and so it is doubtful that you worship Him.
Oh well, His deity can't be discussed anymore on this forum, too bad - it is crucial in understanding many Biblical concepts - including the one we are discussing. We will leave alone then.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? God emptied Himself into the womb of Mary

Not God which implies all of God or even God the Father, but one of the members of the Trinity went to the womb to be born a human man, God the Son.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? God emptied Himself into the womb of Mary and was born a human, who later became a man, Savior and Lord, Light of the World, Whom we identify with. That was His purpose, to come down from Heaven, so that we could also see, touch, speak to and have a relationship with Him. He is the the exact expression and fullness the of glory God. When we think of the identity of God, we think of Jesus.
But you don't believe that do you? You don't think He is God and so it is doubtful that you worship Him.
Oh well, His deity can't be discussed anymore on this forum, too bad - it is crucial in understanding many Biblical concepts - including the one we are discussing. We will leave alone then.
God writes in the New Testament about...

1.) Jews
2.) Gentiles
3.) Christians

He does not write about Jewish Christians or Gentile Christians. You do. But He does not. And that's why you can't find a verse that says Gentile Christian.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ditto. I posted evidence that gentiles are still called gentiles after accepting Christ yet it is still being argued.
I must have missed that memo. Please do feel free to give me the verse in the New Testament Epistles that says there's such a thing as a "Gentile Christian."

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God writes in the New Testament about...

1.) Jews
2.) Gentiles
3.) Christians

He does not write about Jewish Christians or Gentile Christians. You do. But He does not. And that's why you can't find a verse that says Gentile Christian.
Cornelius was a Gentile.

He became a Christian.

Genetically, he remained a Gentile.

Spiritually, he became a Christian.

Hence, Cornelius was a Gentile Christian.

Last edited:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cornelius was a Gentile.

He became a Christian.

Genetically, he remained a Gentile.

Spiritually, he became a Christian.

Hence, Cornelius was a Gentile Christian.
Again, you can say according to your logic that Cornelius was a Gentile Christian. But God does not use that language and He wrote the Bible. You did not write the Bible. Now you can write your own book and you can refer to Cornelius as a Gentile Christian and that would be wonderful. But God wrote the Bible and He does not refer to Cornelius as a Gentile Christian. If we are to understand the Bible and what God is saying to whom. Then we need to understand what He means when He uses words. Not what you mean when you use words.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Again, you can say according to your logic that Cornelius was a Gentile Christian. But God does not use that language and He wrote the Bible. You did not write the Bible. Now you can write your own book and you can refer to Cornelius as a Gentile Christian and that would be wonderful. But God wrote the Bible and He does not refer to Cornelius as a Gentile Christian. If we are to understand the Bible and what God is saying to whom. Then we need to understand what He means when He uses words. Not what you mean when you use words.
Is God bound by your presumptions of the word combinations that you think He should use?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is God bound by your presumptions of the word combinations that you think He should use?
People like you have been adding their opinions to the Scriptures for years which is why we have 80 thousand religions and 80 different Bibles.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People like you have been adding their opinions to the Scriptures for years which is why we have 80 thousand religions and 80 different Bibles.
In describing Cornelius as a "Gentile Christian", do either of those two words contradict the Scripture about him?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In describing Cornelius as a "Gentile Christian", do either of those two words contradict the Scripture about him?
Not in your eyes. But yes in God's eyes. God does not use that language. I once wrote it's not how to get Christ to live within our natural realm, because the things of the spirit cannot enter the things of the flesh, and then be subject to the obedience of the natural realm. You are trying to get God in your natural realm because you see Him through your own image.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not in your eyes. But yes in God's eyes. God does not use that language. I once wrote it's not how to get Christ to live within our natural realm, because the things of the spirit cannot enter the things of the flesh, and then be subject to the obedience of the natural realm. You are trying to get God in your natural realm because you see Him through your own image.

So what language does God use to describe Cornelius?

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Revelation 13 the one being worshiped is not the one doing the miracles.
I don’t know if this has been said.

In Daniel’s time, the one being worshipped was the image of the beast; namely Nebuchadnezzar’s statue that all had to give homage to. Yet Nebuchadnezzar was the king, not the image. In Revelation, the false prophet commands all to worship the image of the beast as well. The thing worshipped by the citizens of this beast of the sea is not alive in the sense it eats and sleeps. No more than an idol is alive, yet men give it breath as if they could though only God can give life through breath.

The beast of the sea rises from the bottomless pit, the false prophet rises from the earth where all man rise from. Kingdoms rise from the sea.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God saw Cornelius as a Gentile until he believed. After he believed God saw him as a Christian.
Are you a male Christian? Because according to your logic, they cannot exist - since those two words together are not found in scripture.
Does God see you as a male human? Or maybe like many liberals today you are neither male nor female?
There are no marriages in heaven, yet we have roles on earth while we are still in these bodies. Wives submit to their husbands .. husband's love their wives ... Men and women are ordained by God with different gifts and tasks, yet the Bible says there is neither male nor female. Go figure Perterlag and know it is difficult for you!
Can it be that you are not in touch with reality? Truth means reality. There are two realms of existence, physical and spiritual. We still live in both - some of us anyways.
"In Christ" there is no evil, yet evil is still prevalent on earth. The spirit wars against the flesh and vice versa. Our spirit has been cleansed, so in Christ we are seen as pure white as snow. Of we die at any moment, we are presented to the Father as such. But while we still possess the flesh, where sin dwells, we still are capable of sinning and do sin. "Confess yours sins to one another". That messagebis to Christians. When we die, we separate perminently, but until then, this war goes on.