The Didache on the coming of the world-deceiver: What 1st and 2nd century saints were taught

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote the verse in which God erased his Gentile DNA.
You don't quote the negative. Again, your thoughts are in the flesh and this is probably why you can't understand me. We measure heat. Not cold because cold does not exist. Cold is what is left in the absence of heat. We measure light. Darkness does not exist. Darkness is what is left in the absence of light. Christians are real. Gentiles are not. God does not mention what is not real. Gentiles and Jews do not exist in the New Testament. They are what's left in the absence of Christians.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you a male Christian? Because according to your logic, they cannot exist - since those two words together are not found in scripture.
Does God see you as a male human? Or maybe like many liberals today you are neither male nor female?
There are no marriages in heaven, yet we have roles on earth while we are still in these bodies. Wives submit to their husbands .. husband's love their wives ... Men and women are ordained by God with different gifts and tasks, yet the Bible says there is neither male nor female. Go figure Perterlag and know it is difficult for you!
Can it be that you are not in touch with reality? Truth means reality. There are two realms of existence, physical and spiritual. We still live in both - some of us anyways.
"In Christ" there is no evil, yet evil is still prevalent on earth. The spirit wars against the flesh and vice versa. Our spirit has been cleansed, so in Christ we are seen as pure white as snow. Of we die at any moment, we are presented to the Father as such. But while we still possess the flesh, where sin dwells, we still are capable of sinning and do sin. "Confess yours sins to one another". That messagebis to Christians. When we die, we separate perminently, but until then, this war goes on.
Again, your thoughts are in the flesh and this is probably why you can't understand me. We measure heat. Not cold because cold does not exist. Cold is what is left in the absence of heat. We measure light. Darkness does not exist. Darkness is what is left in the absence of light. Christians are real. Gentiles are not. God does not mention what is not real. Gentiles and Jews do not exist in the New Testament. They are what's left in the absence of Christians.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You don't quote the negative. Again, your thoughts are in the flesh and this is probably why you can't understand me. We measure heat. Not cold because cold does not exist. Cold is what is left in the absence of heat. We measure light. Darkness does not exist. Darkness is what is left in the absence of light. Christians are real. Gentiles are not. God does not mention what is not real. Gentiles and Jews do not exist in the New Testament. They are what's left in the absence of Christians.
Unsurprisingly, you're unable to support yourself Scripturally.

You demand verses from everyone.

Except yourself.

Romans 16:4
Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.

Here Paul refers to the churches (comprised of Christians) of the Gentiles.

He doesn't share your delusion.

Reactions: Zao is life

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You contradict your own assertion that you made in another thread where you asserted that God stops talking to or about Christians in Romans 11 and talks only to or about the Jews.

Reactions: covenantee

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You contradict your own assertion that you made in another thread where you asserted that God stops talking to or about Christians in Romans 11 and talks only to or about the Jews.
There is no contraction coming from me. There's only you not getting it because you view the Bible through your own image. I'm looking at this from God's view because He wrote the book. You see Gentiles. He does not. Paul starts talking to Jews in a few chapters in Romans starting with chapter 9 and he tells us that. God's point of view is we are either Jews, Gentiles or we belong to Christ. Nobody needs to find a verse that says God does not care about the Jews in the New Testament. All that we need to know is that Christians are what matters in the New Testament. Jews and Gentiles do not and it's not my fault you can't understand that.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unsurprisingly, you're unable to support yourself Scripturally.

You demand verses from everyone.

Except yourself.

Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.

Here Paul refers to the churches (comprised of Christians) of the Gentiles.

He doesn't share your delusion.
I quote a whole bunch of Scripture a lot and anybody who has been looking at my stuff knows that. Paul was an Apostle to the Gentiles and Peter was to the Jews. So each write about those they are trying to convert. As far as God is concerned there are only Christians in the New Testament. You either belong to Him or you don't. There's no other group or half group like a Gentile Christian and that means God shares my delusion.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I quote a whole bunch of Scripture a lot and anybody who has been looking at my stuff knows that. Paul was an Apostle to the Gentiles and Peter was to the Jews. So each write about those they are trying to convert. As far as God is concerned there are only Christians in the New Testament. You either belong to Him or you don't. There's no other group or half group like a Gentile Christian and that means God shares my delusion.
Whom to believe?

1. You
or
2. Paul

Need a hint?

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
There is no contraction coming from me. There's only you not getting it because you view the Bible through your own image. I'm looking at this from God's view because He wrote the book. You see Gentiles. He does not. Paul starts talking to Jews in a few chapters in Romans starting with chapter 9 and he tells us that. God's point of view is we are either Jews, Gentiles or we belong to Christ. Nobody needs to find a verse that says God does not care about the Jews in the New Testament. All that we need to know is that Christians are what matters in the New Testament. Jews and Gentiles do not and it's not my fault you can't understand that.
As long as there are unsaved people in this world whose eternal destiny is somewhere or something none of us even wants to contemplate for too long, Christians are not the only people that matter in the New Testament. If it's true what you are saying there would have been no great commission given to the apostles and none of us would have heard the gospel.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as there are unsaved people in this world whose eternal destiny is somewhere or something none of us even wants to contemplate for too long, Christians are not the only people that matter in the New Testament. If it's true what you are saying there would have been no great commission given to the apostles and none of us would have heard the gospel.
I don't know how to make you understand. Nobody is saying people don't matter or that God does not care about them. All that I'm saying is that in the Bible there are only 3 types of people mentioned in the New Testament.

1.) Jews
2.) Gentiles
3.) The church of God (or saints, believers, in other words Christian

Now you can go ahead and start mentioning well what about the Italians who were in Rome and the black slaves in Corinth. And I would tell you the same thing which is God only uses 3 types of classifications of people and Gentile Christian is not one of them.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whom to believe?

1. You
or
2. Paul

Need a hint?
I like how you twist yourself into Paul's side. Paul writes about what we have in Christ. His gospel is not about what we have in the Gentiles. God's classification of people in the New Testament are...

1.) Jews
2.) Gentiles
3.) The church of God or saints or believers in other words Christian.

When you can't understand that then you can't know what or who the subject matter is. If we believe what God said in one administration and carry it into another administration that was on a different principle, we will be taking what is true for one time, and using it to contradict what is also true for another time. When we mix them all together, by jumbling the whole Bible together: Law, Gospel, Grace, Judgment, Glory, Jew, Gentile, and the Church of God, we will be very confused in our understanding of the truth of God’s Word.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I like how you twist yourself into Paul's side. Paul writes about what we have in Christ. His gospel is not about what we have in the Gentiles. God's classification of people in the New Testament are...

1.) Jews
2.) Gentiles
3.) The church of God or saints or believers in other words Christian.

When you can't understand that then you can't know what or who the subject matter is. If we believe what God said in one administration and carry it into another administration that was on a different principle, we will be taking what is true for one time, and using it to contradict what is also true for another time. When we mix them all together, by jumbling the whole Bible together: Law, Gospel, Grace, Judgment, Glory, Jew, Gentile, and the Church of God, we will be very confused in our understanding of the truth of God’s Word.

So you believe that Paul was mixing together and jumbling together the churches and the Gentiles.

And that he was therefore very confused.

Last edited:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So you believe that Paul was mixing together and jumbling together the churches and the Gentiles.

And that he was therefore very confused.
There is no churches of the Gentiles in God's eyes. Paul's ministry was to the Gentiles as Peter's was to the Jews.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no churches of the Gentiles in God's eyes. Paul's ministry was to the Gentiles as Peter's was to the Jews.
Paul said "the churches of the Gentiles."

I agree with Paul.

He was inspired by the Holy Spirit.

I agree with the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit agrees with God.

I agree with God.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said "the churches of the Gentiles."

I agree with Paul.

He was inspired by the Holy Spirit.

I agree with the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit agrees with God.

I agree with God.
Gentiles are still in their flesh without the spirit of Christ. They cannot please God because they are not Christian. They do not matter nor is the New Testament writing about them. They only matter if they believe. If they do not believe they have nothing of value. This is what the Bible is about. Now you can go right a head and believe that they are important and that Paul is writing about them.

Romans 8:8-9
So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Gentiles are still in their flesh without the spirit of Christ. They cannot please God because they are not Christian. They do not matter nor is the New Testament writing about them. They only matter if they believe. If they do not believe they have nothing of value. This is what the Bible is about. Now you can go right a head and believe that they are important and that Paul is writing about them.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
If you have Scripture which disproves Romans 16:4, please quote it.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Paul retained his flesh after his conversion.

God saw his flesh.

And God gave him a thorn in his flesh.

2 Cor. 12:7

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I don't know how to make you understand. Nobody is saying people don't matter or that God does not care about them. All that I'm saying is that in the Bible there are only 3 types of people mentioned in the New Testament.

1.) Jews
2.) Gentiles
3.) The church of God (or saints, believers, in other words Christian

Now you can go ahead and start mentioning well what about the Italians who were in Rome and the black slaves in Corinth. And I would tell you the same thing which is God only uses 3 types of classifications of people and Gentile Christian is not one of them.
:rolleyes: No use trying to get you to understand the Bible or to see it from God's perspective. You use your own human mind to work things out for yourself and then decide that your human mind = the mind of God, then claim that anyone who points out the reality to you, is seeing things from their own human minds.

You must be a genius. No one agrees with you - not even the apostles of Christ.​

Reactions: covenantee

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes: No use trying to get you to understand the Bible or to see it from God's perspective. You use your own human mind to work things out for yourself and then decide that your human mind = the mind of God, then claim that anyone who points out the reality to you, is seeing things from their own human minds.

You must be a genius. No one agrees with you - not even the apostles of Christ.​
Can we agree that Gentiles are in the flesh without the spirit of Christ? They might be nice guys, but they mean nothing to God unless He or some Apostle can get them born again? I use the word Apostle because we are talking about the time period when the Scriptures were written. Now if this is true then how do we get a man that is half born again and half not born again and then call him a Gentile Christian? And a lot of people believe what I write. Do you not understand that those in the flesh do not belong to God?

Romans 8:-8-9

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul retained his flesh after his conversion.

God saw his flesh.

And God gave him a thorn in his flesh.

2 Cor. 12:7
Again, you look at men and see it from your own eyes that Paul was still a man. I see it from God's eyes that Paul was in the spirit and it's the spirit that the New Testament is written about. There is no such thing in God's eyes written in the New Testament about a half flesh half spirit man. Or as you put it a Gentile Christian. Men talk like this. You talk like this. Paul mentioned it once because his ministry was to go to the Gentiles and Peter to the Jews. But God does not talk like this. God either sees you dead in sin in your flesh as a Gentile or He sees you as a Christian in Christ.