The Doctrine of OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
FHII said:
It certainly doesn't mean that you have an easy life. The same God that forordains us to salvattion also gives us road blocks, hardships and even crossroads. He may even fore ordain you to hit rock bottom, so that he nay raise you up.

But the whole notion that folks like me think wr got a free pass is not true (can't speak for others, of course, on their beliefs). We are predestined to salvation, but also to love God and follow him. Forced? No. Its a nature that God gave us, and nourished.
Even the worst hardships imagineable for 70 years VS eternal bliss is still a free pass if we are pre selected for salvation.

We mostly get lost when thinking of God's omniscience. That is because just like the question of how He came into existence, we actually cannot grasp it. All we can do is look at where the evidence points. The evidence points in the direction of God being as good as He is omniscient. The cross is evidence of limiting His omnipotence. Why can't He in some manner limit His omniscience? He is simply incapable of doing evil / being biased / partial to anyone. He is a sun burning with only what is good.

He is as good as He is omniscient. Read 1 John 1:5 with Rom 9. We give thanks because this God we serve that can be very very evil, is actually not, but rather exceedingly good. His goodness exceeds what our minds can grasp. Now a kid can grasp partiality / favoritism.

If Calvinism is true that guy that gets to heaven will always feel dirty and that guy that gets to hell, cheated.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
ATP said:
And you're taking this passage out of context.

"And that is what some of you were" past tense..
"All of us also lived among them at one time" past tense..
"No one who lives in him keeps on sinning" future tense..

1 Cor 6:9-11 NIV Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Eph 2:3 NIV All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath.

1 John 3:6 NIV No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.
I do not disagree with this ATP. Apart from the context insinuation by you. I am not raising an anti OSAS argument. We can both agree that if we did that, as saved people we should not still be doing that. So if we claim to be saved and are still doing that....

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
ATP said:
3. Jesus is the only person who can save you from hell and give you eternal life, and you're not thankful?? Wow. I thank the Lord every day in what He did on the cross for me..Psalm 107:1-2 NIV Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. 2Let the redeemed of the Lord tell their story—those he redeemed from the hand of the foe,

Many will confess with their mouth KingJ, but not believe in their heart. Rom 10:9-10.
Who said I am not thankful? Salvation is a plane that leaves from the airport to heaven. We could not get to heaven any other way. The airport however is not hell.

There are three environments for us and angels.1. heaven, 2. separation from God and then 3. hell.

Now this is the last time I am going to say this. Jesus saves us from 2. Not 3. Not ever 3. Hence Calvinsim is 100% debunked.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
KingJ said:
I do not disagree with this ATP. Apart from the context insinuation by you. I am not raising an anti OSAS argument. We can both agree that if we did that, as saved people we should not still be doing that. So if we claim to be saved and are still doing that....
I'm glad we on the same page.

KingJ said:
Now this is the last time I am going to say this. Jesus saves us from 2. Not 3. Not ever 3. Hence Calvinsim is 100% debunked.
But Jesus does save us from hell. I don't understand why you think He doesn't. He even gives us eternal life as a bonus.