The End of the Mosaic Age

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You believe that I'm STILL UNDER these 'fullness' of nations or 'foreign' people today. You must see this type of understanding is meaningless and does not make any sense to me at all. This expression as I said before was meant for the time of the generation of Christ only, and especially 66-70AD. It happened already and AFTER Christ ascended...
No, that is not what I posted.

You seem to trust the works of Josephus more than Scripture.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All Israel that shall be saved is not an ethnic people, but a spiritual people from every nation, tribe, kindred and tongue throughout the whole earth. All Israel that is saved is saved AFTER Gentiles are grafted into the same good olive tree with them. How can "all Israel that shall be saved" be an ethnic people since Gentiles shall complete them?

Romans 11:25-27 (KJV) For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, UNTIL the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

All people of faith are of the Seed (Christ) of Jacob, and they are "all Israel" to be saved by the Deliverer Who comes out of Sion. The New Covenant is with them. Not an ethnic people, but ALL people of faith whether Jew or Gentile. For Christ shall take away THEIR sins, for they are the "Israel of God."

Galatians 6:15-16 (KJV) For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.
There are many who are ignorant of the mystery and ignorant of the import Paul places on the word UNTIL. You missed both in your reply.
The issue rwb is you have a prophetic model which is set in stone; immovable - nothing can be added to it, or taken away, therefore the mystery cannot be illuminated because your cup is full.

These things are hidden from you.

The restoration (in full) of Israel will not take place until after the appearing of Messiah in power. God has long past prepared them to be “lifted up of an ensign,” for the World to see He has not put away His people.

Isaiah 30:17 One thousand will scurry at the battle cry of one enemy soldier; at the battle cry of five enemy soldiers you will all run away, until the remaining few are as isolated as a flagpole on a mountaintop or a signal flag on a hill.”

A time is coming when such an ensign will be in the earth rwb. Israel will be wasted again and cut off by wars and other judgments for their often repeated and unrepented sins, as “a tree bereft of branches or boughs". So they would be LEFT as an ensign on an hill:” not ‘an ensign,’ but as an ensign that had been deserted by the power that had sustained it. Precisely in this manner has a small remnant of Judah been “left” in the land of Palestine, ever since the nation was cut off and scattered (AD70). This remnant that has been “left” like a deserted ensign on an hill, is not to constitute a full “re-settlement,” for they have always been there, neither are they to become an the ensign to which the dispersed tribes of Israel and Judah in a limited capacity , however they are to be gathered for Christ who will fill this high station: for:

“unto him (Christ) shall the gathering of the people be.” Genesis 49:10-12

“And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people.” Isa 11:10

“I Jesus … am the root and offspring of David.” Rev. 22:16.

I took you from Genesis to Isaiah and to Revelation to show you the beginning of this mystery.

I hope you get to see it revealed in the earth!

Dont make the grave error many do in this forum who have swallowed the wine of fururist theology! They are drunk on it and it will take them to their graves.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You have been showing your opinion for weeks. When I provide Scripture, you have rejected it. You have not once accepted that Jesus is God.
Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 1 Corinthians 15:45

Both Adams are created beings..sorry Tim but Christ knew this; Paul knew also....so do I!

What is that day or hour that Jesus is referring to, any way? When you say "there are still things", what other things besides the day or the hour of what?

This was the question:

"Tell us, when shall these things be?"

So your point is that Jesus did not know when 70AD would happen, but now you do?
No, Jesus knew AD70 would take place if you go back and read carefully I said the content of the Revelation (book) was unknown to him while he was alive on earth - not until he ascended to the Father was he revealed the things which must shortly come to pass!

When Jesus said it is finished, what was finished, as you think it was not finished for another 40 years?

You do realize that you don't know more about Jesus and God than what is right there in Scripture. Unless you are claiming to be a modern day prophet with new Revelation from God.
James 5:8 the day of slaughter was full well known by all the Apostles, who understood the prophecies from Deut and while they didn't know the day, or hour of Jerusalems demise, they knew the "signs" Christ left them.

Futurist's cannot interpret prophecy - end of story they are drunk of stories of tribulation and all the guff that goes with it, they know not the details because it's hidden from them.

Maybe you are in this drifting boat?

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lets continue with Matthew 24:5

For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will mislead many.

Simon—“Giving out that himself was some great one” Acts 8:9
Dositheus—Samaritan claiming to be a prophet like unto Moses
Theudas—“Judas of Galilee” - “Drew away much people” Acts 5:36-37
The Egyptian—“made an uproar” “leadest out….4,000” Acts 21:38
Bar-Cochba—“Son of a star” claimed fulfilment Num 24:17 (AD 130)

Both the Lord Jesus Christ and his Apostles understood the pure Gospel (original) would be corrupted with false teachings and by AD325 all was lost - truth would become illusive preserved by a few in the earth scattered - a remnant until the fullness of the Gentiles come and Jesus returns in Power to convince the world of sin and show them righteousness in doctrine (word) and in action.

AD70 was the beginning of those who would claim to "know a thing" and act as Christ taking many away from the original Gospel.

There is no doubt this prophecy has dual fulfillment and this is the first of those here. However, I stress, the immediate fulfillment is AD70 which was seen in the Zealots restricting those from leaving Jerusalem to flee the pending doom.

More on this later.

F2F

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many who are ignorant of the mystery and ignorant of the import Paul places on the word UNTIL. You missed both in your reply.
The issue rwb is you have a prophetic model which is set in stone; immovable - nothing can be added to it, or taken away, therefore the mystery cannot be illuminated because your cup is full.

Yes, I agree there are some who are ignorant of the mystery! So, what do you believe the mystery that Paul speaks of is?

Paul, without ambiguity tells us that blindness in part has happened to Israel UNTIL the fullness of Gentiles be come in. Paul NEVER says then the blindness in part to ethnic Israel shall be taken away. That is YOU reading your doctrine into the passage because you don't know what the mystery Paul writes of is. The mystery that had been kept hidden, but since the advent of Christ is revealed is that Gentiles of faith would complete the spiritual Kingdom of God in heaven as they are eternally saved by the power of the Gospel and Holy Spirit. The Kingdom of God would not be for the Jew only, but for all people of faith throughout the world. Both Jews of faith and Gentiles of faith = "the Israel of God" that shall be saved.

Romans 16:25-26 (KJV) Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Ephesians 3:8-9 (KJV) Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Colossians 1:26-27 (KJV) Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

1 Timothy 3:16 (KJV) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

When the seventh angel begins to sound the mystery of God, that Gentiles of faith shall be in the Kingdom of God with Jews of faith, then time for proclaiming the Gospel unto all the nations of the world should be no longer, for the last of the Gentiles of faith have been grafted into the good olive tree (Kingdom of God) with Jews of faith and the spiritual Kingdom of God in heaven is complete. There are no more to be saved.

Revelation 10:5-6 (KJV) And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

Revelation 10:7 (KJV)
But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, I agree there are some who are ignorant of the mystery! So, what do you believe the mystery that Paul speaks of is?

Paul, without ambiguity tells us that blindness in part has happened to Israel UNTIL the fullness of Gentiles be come in. Paul NEVER says then the blindness in part to ethnic Israel shall be taken away. That is YOU reading your doctrine into the passage because you don't know what the mystery Paul writes of is. The mystery that had been kept hidden, but since the advent of Christ is revealed is that Gentiles of faith would complete the spiritual Kingdom of God in heaven as they are eternally saved by the power of the Gospel and Holy Spirit. The Kingdom of God would not be for the Jew only, but for all people of faith throughout the world. Both Jews of faith and Gentiles of faith = "the Israel of God" that shall be saved.

Romans 16:25-26 (KJV) Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Ephesians 3:8-9 (KJV) Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Colossians 1:26-27 (KJV) Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

1 Timothy 3:16 (KJV) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

When the seventh angel begins to sound the mystery of God, that Gentiles of faith shall be in the Kingdom of God with Jews of faith, then time for proclaiming the Gospel unto all the nations of the world should be no longer, for the last of the Gentiles of faith have been grafted into the good olive tree (Kingdom of God) with Jews of faith and the spiritual Kingdom of God in heaven is complete. There are no more to be saved.

Revelation 10:5-6 (KJV) And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

Revelation 10:7 (KJV)
But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.
A lot of words rwb, explain to me the context of Romans 11. Is Romans 11 speaking primarily about natural Israel?

Romans 11:1 So I ask, God has not rejected his people (Israel), has he? Absolutely not!

Romans 11:23 even they (Israel)—if they (Israel) do not continue in their unbelief—will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them (Israel) in again.

Romans 11:24 For if you (rwb) were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these natural branches (Israel) be grafted back into their own olive tree?

It appears you remove the possibility (totally!), whereas I understand why Paul hints at their future restoration. If you can't see it, then its an unknown mystery to you!

I'm fully aware of the doctrine and teaching concerning Spiritual Israel, so if you can stay on topic of natural Israel and their future we can possibly find agreement...if you are going to run off to other unrelated Scripture, we can never find agreement.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@rwb , do you know how ironic Romans 11:24 is to this discussion?

Romans 11:24 For if you were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree (branchs from living tree!), and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these natural branches (dead branches) be grafted back into their own olive tree?

Grafting dead branches back into the living tree stock would be -- naturally speaking -- not only "contrary to nature", but absolutely impossible! :IDK:

Of course, this is no issue at all for Paul's suggesting that God could, and would do such a thing, for, remember rwb, this is the God "who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were" (Rom 4:17)

You have a lot to learn about the One True God, as do many in this forum.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@everyone else reading this who think they are "all important", some of the most wonderful passages of the OT record the passion of Israel's repentance and the very strength of these should temper any present boasting by Gentiles believers (Zech 12:10-14; Jer 31:1-3,9,12-14; Hos 2:14-23).

AD70 was the beginning of Israel being trod under foot of the Gentiles and even here and now, Gentile Christians would continue to tread them underfoot.

Yahweh will show His strength, and it won't be what many of you expect it to be!

F2F

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Jesus knew AD70 would take place if you go back and read carefully I said the content of the Revelation (book) was unknown to him while he was alive on earth - not until he ascended to the Father was he revealed the things which must shortly come to pass!
Jesus said He did not know. Now you know more than Jesus did, and called Him out for lying?

The point was that Jesus did not know this. You claim Jesus did not know anything, because He was not God. You claim, Jesus had to enter heaven before He was given knowledge. You still think Jesus is not God, just a created being up in heaven.

40 years is not "shortly come to pass".

AD70 was the beginning of Israel being trod under foot of the Gentiles and even here and now, Gentile Christians would continue to tread them underfoot.

No it was not. The Gentiles were already trodding under foot Israel since 721BC. Read the verse again.

"But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months."

Jerusalem will be under Gentile control via Satan's Babylonian Empire for 42 months. This has not happened yet, because most people don't even think there is a Satan.

No Gentiles were in control of Jerusalem for 42 months in 70AD walking and enjoying the temple courtyard.

Why do you keep forcing Scripture into the historical record of some unredeemed historians? You cannot even gets the facts to fit.

The 5th kingdom had not even started nor died to give way to the 6th kingdom in 70AD. The 4th kingdom was not finished in 70AD.

In context with the empire set up by Satan, it says 5 heads (kingdoms) have fallen and this 42 months would be the time length of the 8th kingdom.

From Revelation 11, we can know this dragon is historical, not just Satan. It symbolizes Satan's influence to get rid of Israel throughout time. In Revelation 13 we see the time frame with the 7th Trumpet where one head was mortally wounded and brought back to life. The FP represents the voice of the 6th kingdom. In Revelation 17, we see the religions of the world riding with the governments, but religion will be destroyed by those last 10 kings following Satan. These leaders will band together to destroy all religion, to give humans, Satan as the only opportunity of worship.

Last edited:

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of words rwb, explain to me the context of Romans 11. Is Romans 11 speaking primarily about natural Israel?

Romans 11:1 So I ask, God has not rejected his people (Israel), has he? Absolutely not!

Romans 11:23 even they (Israel)—if they (Israel) do not continue in their unbelief—will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them (Israel) in again.

Romans 11:24 For if you (rwb) were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these natural branches (Israel) be grafted back into their own olive tree?

It appears you remove the possibility (totally!), whereas I understand why Paul hints at their future restoration. If you can't see it, then its an unknown mystery to you!

I'm fully aware of the doctrine and teaching concerning Spiritual Israel, so if you can stay on topic of natural Israel and their future we can possibly find agreement...if you are going to run off to other unrelated Scripture, we can never find agreement.

F2F

Why do you continually quote verse after verse out of context? What else does Paul have to say about both natural and unbelieving Israel, as well as Israel of faith? Let's allow Paul's words to inform us of Israel that was not rejected by God. Israel that was not cast away by God are Israel of faith, His people which He foreknew. To prove it is only Israel of faith that was not cast away by God, Paul says those of Israel of old who were not cast away by God were seven thousand men, who did not bow to Baal who were reserved by God. As we read throughout Scripture only the chosen remnant of Israel of old are of faith and eternally saved according to grace.

Romans 11:2-4 (KJV) God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying, Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

Paul also says of the present time which he lived, there was only a remnant from natural Israel according to election of grace who were saved.

Romans 11:5-7 (KJV) Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

Moving on, who from natural Israel does Paul say may be grafted in again? All of natural Israel? Absolutely not! Again the passage must be read in context to come to the correct understanding of both natural Israel and Israel of faith. Only those of natural Israel shall be grafted in again IF they do NOT remain in unbelief. Natural Israel remaining in unbelief will NEVER be grafted in again. Just as unnatural branches are grafted in with Israel of faith, so too natural/unbelieving Israel can be grafted back in again through faith that comes by grace when they hear the Gospel of Christ in the power of the Spirit and believe. The same way Gentiles or unnatural branches are grafted in to the good olive tree, which is Christ.

Romans 11:23-24 (KJV) And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again. For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Anyone, it matters not whether they are Jew or Gentile can be saved as long as they believe in Christ. There is no difference, Jews of faith, together with Gentiles of faith are "Israel of God" that shall be saved when the spiritual Kingdom of God in heaven is completed as the last Gentile comes in by grace through faith when hearing the Gospel and believing through God's grace and the Holy Spirit.

There is no future restoration for ethnic Israel in unbelief. This Gospel age is the time or day whereby man MUST be saved. If ethnic Jews are not saved before the last day of this age when Christ comes again, they will die in their sins without a Saviour and therefore without opportunity to be eternally saved. There will not be another one thousand years given for ethnic Israel to turn to Christ for salvation after the seventh angel begins to sound that time shall be no longer.

The end of the Mosaic age ushered in another age. The age of the Gospel age of the New Covenant that mankind partakes of by grace through faith in Christ Jesus alone.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
before He was given knowledge. You still think Jesus is not God, just a created being up in heaven.
As you said.
40 years is not "shortly come to pass".
The Revelation is post AD70.
No it was not. The Gentiles were already trodding under foot Israel since 721BC. Read the verse again.
The OP is the end of the Mosaic and the events that happened at AD70.
"But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months."

Jerusalem will be under Gentile control via Satan's Babylonian Empire for 42 months. This has not happened yet, because most people don't even think there is a Satan.
Don't bother quoting Rev 11 - you dont understand it.

No Gentiles were in control of Jerusalem for 42 months in 70AD walking and enjoying the temple courtyard.
Ah - I see where you are going with this...as I said Rev 11 has nothing to do with AD70 or Israel for that matter! The language and symbolism has distracted you from it meaning.

Why do you keep forcing Scripture into the historical record of some unredeemed historians? You cannot even gets the facts to fit.
Because as we have proven - the continuous historical interpratation is the correct one in identifying what Revelation 11 is all about...but that is another OP unrelated to this one!

The 5th kingdom had not even started nor died to give way to the 6th kingdom in 70AD. The 4th kingdom was not finished in 70AD.

In context with the empire set up by Satan, it says 5 heads (kingdoms) have fallen and this 42 months would be the time length of the 8th kingdom.

From Revelation 11, we can know this dragon is historical, not just Satan. It symbolizes Satan's influence to get rid of Israel throughout time. In Revelation 13 we see the time frame with the 7th Trumpet where one head was mortally wounded and brought back to life. The FP represents the voice of the 6th kingdom. In Revelation 17, we see the religions of the world riding with the governments, but religion will be destroyed by those last 10 kings following Satan. These leaders will band together to destroy all religion, to give humans, Satan as the only opportunity of worship.
Let me ask you this...others in the forum couldnt answer it.

2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. 3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.”

Why is the same number stated in different ways?

F2F

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. 3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.”

Why is the same number stated in different ways?

Months is used for the enemy's time, days for God's people. The time periods occur at the same time with a small possible overlap but this basic 3.5 years is the great tribulation which ends at the 7th trump, Rev 11.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 24:3 As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, (previous discourse) and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?

So the Lord and the disciples are sitting on the Mount of Olives looking over a spectacular view of the city in the setting sun - snowy marble topped by golden spikes on the roof of the Holy Place.

Take perticualar notice of the word "privately!"

If we look at Mark 13:3

3 And as he sat on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple (@ewq1938 ;) ), Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately,

So we have the Lord Jesus Christ sitting opposite the temple just having rebuke the religous authourities for their hypocrisy and having given his judgements of the temple being destroyed.

The two sets of brothers come to Jesus with a very sensitive question, as this became a chief charge against the Lord later.

Matthew 26:61 -
and said, “This man said, ‘I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to rebuild it in three days
Acts 6:13-14 for we have heard him say that this Jesus of Nazareth will destroy this place and will change the customs that Moses delivered to us.”

So the question of the Disciples relates to this:

1. Distruction of the Temple
2. The end of the age (Mosiac age)

The connection between the discourse at the Temple and that on the Mount of Olives is one and the same. The private enquiry of the 4 related to what the Lord had been teaching previously.

The Word of God is very carefully written so we must be careful not to force the false teaching of futurist interprations on the Word.

(Just a note for those who respond; please talk to the content of the post you are contending with rather that running away to unrelated Scripture)

Thanks
F2F
I agree with much you say, but totally disagree with your assumption that the end of the age is the end of the Mosaic age. The Scriptures do not teach that. You are forcing your own opinion upon the text. Nowhere does Scripture use the phrase "the end of the ... Mosaic age" or apply that to AD70. That is a Preterist invention. The old covenant came to an end at the cross, not in AD70. It was there that Jesus fully, effectively and eternally introduced the new covenant and removed the old. Granted, the old covenant apparatus was finally removed from view in AD70, just like a corpse is buried and removed from sight. Between death and burial does not indicate a human is still physically and practically alive or active.

The reality is: there is a constant tension throughout the New Testament in regard to the imperfection of this age and the perfection of the age to come, the temporal nature of our current age and the eternal character of the age to come. Scripture shows that this age began at the beginning of time, and terminates when Jesus comes.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree with much you say, but totally disagree with your assumption that the end of the age is the end of the Mosaic age. The Scriptures do not teach that. You are forcing your own opinion upon the text. Nowhere does Scripture use the phrase "the end of the ... Mosaic age" or apply that to AD70. That is a Preterist invention. The old covenant came to an end at the cross, not in AD70.
WPM, technically you are correct, and I agree with you and believe the same.

However, can I refer you to James 5:3

5:3 Your gold and silver have rusted and their rust will be a witness against you. It will consume your flesh like fire. It is in the last days that you have hoarded treasure!

The "last days" to which James referred, were the last days of Judah's commonwealth as per Heb 1:2; 9:26; 2 Pet 3:3.

They brought the Mosaic era to an end, and introduced the Christian era, during which the Gospel has been preached to Gentiles. The crisis was a terrible one, you know that! It affected Jews all over the world, and not merely those in the land. In the crisis of A.D. 70, and the destruction of Jerusalem, the wealthy became particularly the object of attack by soldiers seeking gain. Their riches ignited a fire that consumed their flesh.

So while I agree with you, I also see Scripture plainly teaching the closure of this age from the divine perspective, are the judgements bought against them in those final days!

F2F

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WPM, technically you are correct, and I agree with you and believe the same.

However, can I refer you to James 5:3

5:3 Your gold and silver have rusted and their rust will be a witness against you. It will consume your flesh like fire. It is in the last days that you have hoarded treasure!

The "last days" to which James referred, were the last days of Judah's commonwealth as per Heb 1:2; 9:26; 2 Pet 3:3.

They brought the Mosaic era to an end, and introduced the Christian era, during which the Gospel has been preached to Gentiles. The crisis was a terrible one, you know that! It affected Jews all over the world, and not merely those in the land. In the crisis of A.D. 70, and the destruction of Jerusalem, the wealthy became particularly the object of attack by soldiers seeking gain. Their riches ignited a fire that consumed their flesh.

So while I agree with you, I also see Scripture plainly teaching the closure of this age from the divine perspective, are the judgements bought against them in those final days!

F2F

That is not true. You are forcing your opinions on the text. Where in the NT does it teach "the last days to which James referred, were the last days of Judah's commonwealth"? What you quote does not say that.

The last days refer to the intra-Advent period we are in now. Jesus instigated them. They continue until "the last day" when Jesus comes and resurrect mankind and judge them. That has not occurred yet.

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is not true. You are forcing your opinions on the text. Where in the NT does it teach "the last days to which James referred, were the last days of Judah's commonwealth"? What you quote does not say that.

The last days refer to the intra-Advent period we are in now. Jesus instigated them. They continue until "the last day" when Jesus comes and resurrect mankind and judges them. That has not occurred yet.
There are three quotes that speak of the last days referring to the age in which the Apostles lived. I'm not sure why you are so invested in this as I'm not being dogmatic about it...we know the moment Christ died and was raised the Law was no more; the temple's days were numbered literally! and the services and offerings would cease. Maybe you have another interpretation- on the "last days" you would like to share? For me it’s as plain as day - and given James was the elder at Jerusalem it makes common sense he would be the one to warn it's members (some of whom were imposters!) of the pending doom.
F2F

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The last days refer to the intra-Advent period we are in now. Jesus instigated them. They continue until "the last day" when Jesus comes and resurrect mankind and judges them. That has not occurred yet.
Ah sorry WPM, I missed your last comment. Na James words are given to its first audience and applied to the end of their times. The day of slaughter also when Christ would bring the Roman army against Jerusalem and destroy what's left after the Christians had departed. You must be another believer like Truth7t7 who thinks "all prophecy" is packed neatly into 3.5 years. I'll need to move along from these discussions if you are one of those! I served my time with Truth7t7!!!
F2F

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Months is used for the enemy's time, days for God's people. The time periods occur at the same time with a small possible overlap but this basic 3.5 years is the great tribulation which ends at the 7th trump, Rev 11.
How do you prove this basic 3.5 years?
Also who do you believe the enemy is in chapter Rev 11?
Thanks
F2F

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you prove this basic 3.5 years?

That's what 1260 days and 42 months add up to. That is using Hebrew months as 30 days.

Also who do you believe the enemy is in chapter Rev 11?
Thanks
F2F

All chapters of the bible have the same enemy. They are always against God and satan is ultimately the main cause of this.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah sorry WPM, I missed your last comment. Na James words are given to its first audience and applied to the end of their times. The day of slaughter also when Christ would bring the Roman army against Jerusalem and destroy what's left after the Christians had departed. You must be another believer like Truth7t7 who thinks "all prophecy" is packed neatly into 3.5 years. I'll need to move along from these discussions if you are one of those! I served my time with Truth7t7!!!
F2F

It would help if you read my post before responding. I never mentioned some future 3.5 years. I mentioned the intra-Advent period. It seems like Preterists are so obsessed with Titus and AD70 that they see them as the apex of history. This is frankly ridiculous. No wonder you do not want to discuss the biblical reality.

Christ and the New Testament writers only recognize two overriding ages in their teaching – “this world/age” and “the world/age to come.” One is current, corrupt and temporal and the other is impending, perfect and eternal. One refers to mortal life on earth in the here-and-now, and the other refers to our eternal state. These terms are commonly used in the New Testament when contrasting the toil and trouble of our day with the glory and rest of the hereafter. These two common phrases are found in different places in the New Testament, along with several other similar expressions, referring to time and eternity. Basically, there is now and there is then – there is no in-between. The pivotal event that divides these two diverse ages is the glorious climactic return of Jesus Christ.

The day of salvation has been ongoing since the Fall (Isaiah 49:8 and 2 Corinthians 6:2). It is the “acceptable time” or “acceptable year” (Isaiah 49:8, 61:2, Luke 4:19) to be saved. “Today” is an age of grace the only day to respond to His voice (Hebrews 3:7-8, 4:7). There is no other day of hope after this day for salvation.

The second coming brings a close to the day of salvation. Repeated Scripture shows that now is the only day of salvation. After showing us the destruction of this earth, the works that are in it, the heavens, the elements when Jesus comes, and after describing the longsuffering of God in the days of Noah before the destruction of all the wicked, Peter responds to the mockers scoffing at the apparent delay in Christ's return: “the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation” (2 Peter 3:15). See also Romans 2:4 and 2 Timothy 2:10. This shows that salvation is limited to this side of the second coming. A sign of the end is that the Gospel must “be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come" (Matthew 24:14). The second coming brings the curtain down on the great commission. Once the ark door closes it is too late (Matthew 25:10-13, 28:19-20 and Act 3:19-21). At the end of this age (or literally, the consummation of the age), the time of God’s grace will finally be complete.

The age to come has no room for "mortals" (Luke 20:34-36, Romans 8:19-23, 1 Corinthians 15:50-55 and Revelation 21-22) or the unregenerate (Psalm 25:12-13, 37:9-11, 22, 28-36, 34, Proverbs 2:21-22, 10:30, Luke 17:26-30, 1 Corinthians 6:9, 1 Corinthians 15:24, I Thessalonians 5:2-3, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10). One must be qualified to inherit the new earth. They must be worthy to enter that age (Luke 20:35). Only glorified saints can inherit the glorified earth. This would be a strong argument to me that the second coming is “the end.”

Matthew 13:29, 49, 28:20, John 6:39-44, 54, John 11:21-27, John 12:48, Ephesians 1:10 and Revelation 10:5-7 would seem to suggest that time reaches its fullness at the climactic return of Christ. This would be a strong argument to me that the second coming is “the end.”

Luke 20:34-36, Acts 3:19-21, Romans 8:19-23, 1 Corinthians 15:50-55 ,1 Peter 1:3-5 and Revelation 21:1-5 all show that the end of the bondage of corruption occurs when Jesus comes. A far more glorious age will then be ushered in. This would be a strong argument to me that the second coming is “the end.”

1 Corinthians 13:12, Ephesians 4:13 and Revelation 10:5-7 show that the curtain coming down on the mystery of God, thus confirming we are at the end of time and entering into eternity when all will finally be revealed. This would be a strong argument to me that the second coming is “the end.”

Repeated Scripture locates the replacement of the current heavens and earth with the new heavens and earth and incorruption at the second coming. Job 14:12-14, Isaiah 13:9-11, Isaiah 34:1-4, 8, Isaiah 65:17-21, Isaiah 66:22-24, Joel 2:3, Joel 2:10-11, Malachi 4:1-3, Matthew 24:29-30, Matthew 24:35-44, Mark 13:24-26, Luke 21:25-27, Romans 8:18-23, 1 Corinthians 15:23-24, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, 2 Peter 3:10-13, Hebrews 1:10-12, Revelation 6:13-17, Revelation 16:15-20, Revelation 19:11-16 and Revelation 20:11-15 shows us that this occurs at the second coming. This is indeed the end of time, the end of corruption, the end of the wicked, the end of sin, the end of death, the end for the devil. It is the beginning of eternity. It is the beginning of perfection. It is the beginning of incorruption. It is the beginning of a new arrangement.

It seems like whatever angle you examine the second coming it appears to be climactic, final and glorious.