The Explanation Of Speaking In Tongues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once someone has accepted the Lord in their heart they are saved. But as babes in Christ they need to nourish and grow. Your faith can justify you, however you are not saved until, in someway or another, you ask Jesus in your heart and to cleanse you of all your sins.

My religion? My goodness! I am a Christian saved by grace and by the blood of the lamb. I just don't think one particular denomination has the corner on everything. My membership is with the Pentecostal Holiness as their doctrine is the one I like the best. I am also a member of another Christian site. I got a girl to go with me to Thomas Road Baptist Church where we saw the Virginia Christmas Spectacular and then went to eat after church. She had on a red dress with a black peacoat... Very pretty! I had on dress shoes, dress pants, shirt and tie. So there are times I prefer the Sardisean church as I so like to dress up and go to church looking like a gentleman.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=75Jasab2pMM

Gee... Got off the point. I believe when you are baptized head to toe in the Holy Ghost you will speak in tongues... But to many people I know treat it like a trophy on the wall. I'm' saved, sanctified, and filled with the Holy Ghost.... Plop! So they have got the Holy Ghost 40 years ago in camp meeting and thats suppose to mean something. If you get Baptized in the Holy Ghost, and I am talking immersed in it, you must keep your experience up on a day to day basis, otherwise it will leave you. Now that doesn't mean you have lost your salvation, your faith just made the Laodicean trek from Hot to Cold.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Once someone has accepted the Lord in their heart they are saved. But as babes in Christ they need to nourish and grow. Your faith can justify you, however you are not saved until, in someway or another, you ask Jesus in your heart and to cleanse you of all your sins.

My religion? My goodness! I am a Christian saved by grace and by the blood of the lamb. I just don't think one particular denomination has the corner on everything. My membership is with the Pentecostal Holiness as their doctrine is the one I like the best. I am also a member of another Christian site. I got a girl to go with me to Thomas Road Baptist Church where we saw the Virginia Christmas Spectacular and then went to eat after church. She had on a red dress with a black peacoat... Very pretty! I had on dress shoes, dress pants, shirt and tie. So there are times I prefer the Sardisean church as I so like to dress up and go to church looking like a gentleman.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=75Jasab2pMM

Gee... Got off the point. I believe when you are baptized head to toe in the Holy Ghost you will speak in tongues... But to many people I know treat it like a trophy on the wall. I'm' saved, sanctified, and filled with the Holy Ghost.... Plop! So they have got the Holy Ghost 40 years ago in camp meeting and thats suppose to mean something. If you get Baptized in the Holy Ghost, and I am talking immersed in it, you must keep your experience up on a day to day basis, otherwise it will leave you. Now that doesn't mean you have lost your salvation, your faith just made the Laodicean trek from Hot to Cold.

Sounds like you had a really nice date, all dressed up and all.

About your comment: " I believe when you are baptized head to toe in the Holy Ghost you will speak in tongues." That is falseness what you said. That is not of Jesus. I do not want to have religion's truth. I only want God's Truth. You worship God in vain when you worship man's commands. If I was in a religion that thought falseness such as that---I'd leave it, and I'd stop promoting it.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I hadn't experienced what I was talking about I would agree with you. When you are baptized, and I mean immersed in the Holy Ghost it makes you feel like you have a white mantle on and the size of Charles Atlas....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RiCH75rfg0

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Sounds like you had a really nice date, all dressed up and all.

About your comment: " I believe when you are baptized head to toe in the Holy Ghost you will speak in tongues." That is falseness what you said. That is not of Jesus. I do not want to have religion's truth. I only want God's Truth. You worship God in vain when you worship man's commands. If I was in a religion that thought falseness such as that---I'd leave it, and I'd stop promoting it.

What religion are you in?

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
What religion are you in?

My religion is what the Bible says. My religion is to help my brother and sister in need.

I claim no denomination or religion. I belong to the body of Christ, which is the church. I've been in denominations and non denominational churches, only to find out that they teach something that is not biblical. So you see, I have done many time already what I told rockytopva to do. And I was always more than grateful to learn the truth and continue to move on and grow.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So you just discount what the Bible says about it? It isn't about agreeing with me---it's about believing and obeying the Word of God.

The bible does not say that speaking in tongues is wrong... Its the speaking in tongues that is out of order that is wrong. If I come into a Baptist Church for example and started speaking in tongues in any part of the service I am totally in the wrong. But if I give out a message in tongues at the appropriate time during a service and someone interprets the message then I am in order. God is not the author of confusion. I must use this gift appropriately.

If you don't like or are uncomfortable with tongues I highly suggest simply leaving it alone. Hear the word of God...

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. - Matthew 12:31

How did they sin against the Holy Ghost?

But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils. - Matthew 12:24

Jesus was doing good and the Pharisees accused his underlying power of being of the devil. If you falsely accuse someone of speaking in tongues through the power of satan and they are indeed doing it through the Holy Spirit... You are not sinning against God but the very Holy Spirit which sins against are unforgiven. Be Careful!

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
If you don't like or are uncomfortable with tongues I highly suggest simply leaving it alone. Hear the word of God...

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. - Matthew 12:31

How did they sin against the Holy Ghost?

But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils. - Matthew 12:24

Jesus was doing good and the Pharisees accused his underlying power of being of the devil. If you falsely accuse someone of speaking in tongues through the power of satan and they are indeed doing it through the Holy Spirit... You are not sinning against God but the very Holy Spirit which sins against are unforgiven. Be Careful!

You're scared warning is unwarranted. You do not understand the scriptures about which you speak of. Sounds like you stay in false doctrine out of fear.

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

I have Jesus Christ living inside me. I have perfect love living in me, from my Savior, Jesus Christ Himself.

I don't fear like you do. Maybe you should be careful to whom you give a warning? I have the Holy Spirit inside me. Not a good idea for you to speak evil to me.

The bible does not say that speaking in tongues is wrong... Its the speaking in tongues that is out of order that is wrong. If I come into a Baptist Church for example and started speaking in tongues in any part of the service I am totally in the wrong. But if I give out a message in tongues at the appropriate time during a service and someone interprets the message then I am in order. God is not the author of confusion. I must use this gift appropriately.

Do you have a hard time following along what I say? Where did I say the Bible says that speaking in tongues is wrong? I did not say that, so why do you bring it up as if I did?

You said if a person is baptized in the Holy Spirit that they will speak in tongues. That is a false belief that you and your denomination has. Why you want to stay in a denomination that teaches something that is not the Word of God....I do not know why you would.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did the video on "The Baptism in the Holy Spirit" and those are my beliefs.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
I did the video on "The Baptism in the Holy Spirit" and those are my beliefs.

I know you made the video, and I know those are your beliefs. You believe something that is different than what the Word of God says. And you are okay with that?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you made the video, and I know those are your beliefs. You believe something that is different than what the Word of God says. And you are okay with that?

I And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance - Acts 2:4

For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, - Acts 10:46

And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. -Acts 19:6

I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all: - 1 Corinthians 14:18

Nothing wrong with the Pentecostal Holiness doctrine.

Articles of Faith

1. We believe there is but one living and true God, everlasting, of infinite power, wisdom and goodness; Maker and Preserver of all things, both visible and invisible. And in the unity of this Godhead, there are three Persons of one substance of eternal being, and equal in holiness, justice, wisdom, power, and dignity; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.

2. We believe that the Son, who is the Word of the Father, the very and eternal God, of one substance with the Father, took man’s nature in the womb of the blessed virgin; so that two whole and perfect natures, that is to say, the Godhead and the manhood were joined together in one Person, never to be divided, whereof is one Christ, very God and perfect man, who actually suffered, was crucified, dead, and buried, to reconcile the Father to us, and to make atonement, not only for our actual guilt, but also for original sin.

3. We believe that Christ did truly rise again from the dead, and took again His body, with all things appertaining to the perfections of man’s nature, and ascended into heaven and there sits until He shall return to judge all men at the last day.

4. We believe the Holy Ghost, proceeding from the Father and the Son, is of one substance, majesty and glory with the Father and the Son, very and eternal God.

5. We believe in the verbal and plenary inspiration of the Holy Scriptures, known as the Bible, composed of sixty-six books and divided into two departments, Old and New Testaments. We believe the Bible is the Word of God, the full and complete revelation of the plan and history of redemption.

6. We believe that eternal life with God in heaven is a portion of the reward of the finally righteous; and that everlasting banishment from the presence of the Lord and unending torture in hell are the wages of the persistently wicked (Matthew 25:46; Psalm 9:17; Revelation 21:7, 8).

7. We believe that Jesus Christ shed His blood for the remission of sins that are past, for the regeneration of penitent sinners, and for salvation from sin and from sinning (Romans 3:25; 1 John 3:5-10; Ephesians 2:1-10).

8. We believe, teach and firmly maintain the scriptural doctrine of justification by faith alone (Romans 5:1).

9. We believe that Jesus Christ shed His blood for the complete cleansing of the justified believer from all indwelling sin and from its pollution, subsequent to regeneration (1 John 1:7-9).

10. We believe in sanctification. While sanctification is initiated in regeneration and consummated in glorification, we believe it includes a definite, instantaneous work of grace achieved by faith subsequent to regeneration (Acts 26:18; 1 John 1:9). Sanctification delivers from the power and dominion of sin. It is followed by lifelong growth in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 4:16; 2 Peter 3:18).

11. We believe that the Pentecostal baptism of the Holy Ghost and fire is obtainable by a definite act of appropriating faith on the part of the fully cleansed believer, and the initial evidence of the reception of this experience is speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance (Luke 11:13; Acts 1:5; 2:1-4; 8:17; 10:44-46; 19:6).

12. We believe in divine healing as in the atonement (Isaiah 53:4, 5; Matthew 8:16, 17; Mark 16:14-18; James 5:14-16; Exodus 15:26).

13. We believe in the imminent, personal, premillennial second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 3:10-14; Matthew 24:29-44), and love and wait for His appearing (2 Timothy 4:8).

14. We believe it is the responsibility of every believer to dedicate his life to carrying out the work of the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-20; Acts 1:8)

Source... http://www.iphc.org/beliefs

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
I And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance - Acts 2:4

For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, - Acts 10:46

And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. -Acts 19:6

I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all: - 1 Corinthians 14:18

Nothing wrong with the Pentecostal Holiness doctrine.

Articles of Faith

1. We believe there is but one living and true God, everlasting, of infinite power, wisdom and goodness; Maker and Preserver of all things, both visible and invisible. And in the unity of this Godhead, there are three Persons of one substance of eternal being, and equal in holiness, justice, wisdom, power, and dignity; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.

2. We believe that the Son, who is the Word of the Father, the very and eternal God, of one substance with the Father, took man’s nature in the womb of the blessed virgin; so that two whole and perfect natures, that is to say, the Godhead and the manhood were joined together in one Person, never to be divided, whereof is one Christ, very God and perfect man, who actually suffered, was crucified, dead, and buried, to reconcile the Father to us, and to make atonement, not only for our actual guilt, but also for original sin.

3. We believe that Christ did truly rise again from the dead, and took again His body, with all things appertaining to the perfections of man’s nature, and ascended into heaven and there sits until He shall return to judge all men at the last day.

4. We believe the Holy Ghost, proceeding from the Father and the Son, is of one substance, majesty and glory with the Father and the Son, very and eternal God.

5. We believe in the verbal and plenary inspiration of the Holy Scriptures, known as the Bible, composed of sixty-six books and divided into two departments, Old and New Testaments. We believe the Bible is the Word of God, the full and complete revelation of the plan and history of redemption.

6. We believe that eternal life with God in heaven is a portion of the reward of the finally righteous; and that everlasting banishment from the presence of the Lord and unending torture in hell are the wages of the persistently wicked (Matthew 25:46; Psalm 9:17; Revelation 21:7, 8).

7. We believe that Jesus Christ shed His blood for the remission of sins that are past, for the regeneration of penitent sinners, and for salvation from sin and from sinning (Romans 3:25; 1 John 3:5-10; Ephesians 2:1-10).

8. We believe, teach and firmly maintain the scriptural doctrine of justification by faith alone (Romans 5:1).

9. We believe that Jesus Christ shed His blood for the complete cleansing of the justified believer from all indwelling sin and from its pollution, subsequent to regeneration (1 John 1:7-9).

10. We believe in sanctification. While sanctification is initiated in regeneration and consummated in glorification, we believe it includes a definite, instantaneous work of grace achieved by faith subsequent to regeneration (Acts 26:18; 1 John 1:9). Sanctification delivers from the power and dominion of sin. It is followed by lifelong growth in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 4:16; 2 Peter 3:18).

11. We believe that the Pentecostal baptism of the Holy Ghost and fire is obtainable by a definite act of appropriating faith on the part of the fully cleansed believer, and the initial evidence of the reception of this experience is speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance (Luke 11:13; Acts 1:5; 2:1-4; 8:17; 10:44-46; 19:6).

12. We believe in divine healing as in the atonement (Isaiah 53:4, 5; Matthew 8:16, 17; Mark 16:14-18; James 5:14-16; Exodus 15:26).

13. We believe in the imminent, personal, premillennial second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 3:10-14; Matthew 24:29-44), and love and wait for His appearing (2 Timothy 4:8).

14. We believe it is the responsibility of every believer to dedicate his life to carrying out the work of the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-20; Acts 1:8)

Source... http://www.iphc.org/beliefs

rockytopva, How does posting your religions statement of faith do anything but confirm that your religion has false beliefs?

What you and your religion believe and teach is against the Word of God, and against the people Jesus Christ gave his Spirit to. You deny the gift that God has given to those he loves and those who love Him!

Not only has speaking in tongues ceased, but even in the New Testament times....not all believers who were filled with the Holy Spirit spoke in tongues. I gave scriptures to show you that truth.

Even if you believe your tongue speaking is real---you teach and practice false beliefs when you know your religion says that all who have been baptized with the Holy Spirit will speak in tongues, and those who don't, you believe and teach the falseness that those believers don't have the Holy Spirit.

And another point, your religion says a person has to be fully cleansed before receiving the Holy Spirit. That is insinuating, if not straight out claiming, that a person is only partly cleansed, or not cleansed at all in any way when they believe in Jesus Christ and His blood and are water baptized. It also is a false statement that you believe, that people can believe and confess and be water baptized, and can stop sinning without yet even having the Holy Spirit!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seven Churches...

Still have the influence of seven churches...

1. Ephesus - Apostolic - Scripture still before us!.
2. Smyrna - Martyr - 10 days = 10 general Roman persecutions.
3. Pergomos - Orthodox - Still alive in many parts of the world!
4. Thyatira - Catholic - Influence still large.
5. Sardis - Protestant - A whole host of denominations.
6. Philadelphia - Methodist / Pentecostal - Saved / Sanctified / Filled with the Holy Ghost!
***Is revival unique to the Philadelphian church age???*** Was this the revival of the last days?
7. Laodicea - Materialistic / Charistmatic / Educated - Influencing a lot of churches these days. Even the pope said that his church was being destroyed from within. No external enemies.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xwo60z7WCh4

Anastacia, you are obviously Sardisean in doctrine and probably from the North East, so only if you experience these things yourself will you ever believe in tongues. And because a sardis (gem) is hard (shelled) I will likely make little headway with you. The Philadelphian tree....

The denominational tree...

Philadelphia Church Age....

Methodist... John Wesley (there are many Wesleyan denominations)
Pentecost... William Seymour
... Assemblies of God (a huge denomination)
... Church of God
.... Pentecostal Holiness
... Congregational Holiness
.... Too name of few.
Moravian (the Moravian's were a beautiful people)
...Church of the Brethren.

But most Pentecostal Holiness churches I know have made the Laodicean trek from hot to cold. :(Very few good revivals these days. I fins myself visiting Baptist churches more and more as I am leery of the Charismatic movement.

My Virginian family was very much filled with the Holy Ghost. 100 years ago they would have revivals that would last for weeks and go into the early AM. I hate these died out in my lifetime.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My people in Virginia were indeed filled with the Holy Ghost with the speaking in tongues. There are folks who still speak in tongues under the unction of the Holy Spirit. Here is a picture of my dear Grandfather who was as head to toe Pentecostal as one could get...

There is another Virginian by the name of Robert Sheffey who preached in these wildernesses in the 1800's. Back in those days the evangelists were called Methodist circuit riders. There were plenty of revivals back then and in our neck they would have camp meetings before harvest that would last up to a couple of weeks. Back in those days they would have two alters... One for salvation and the other for sanctification. The evidence of salvation was the sinners prayer by faith and the evidence of sanctification was a sweet spirit. An old story told about a farmer seeking sanctification who lost his temper with a team of horses... His wife then shouts out the screen door "Not yet honey... Not yet!" When you get sanctified the first creatures that know about it will be the family pets. Instead of kicking them you will rub them and show a lot more love there way.

The story of Robert Sheffey....

http://www.amazon.com/Saint-Wilderness-Jess-Carr/dp/0892270268

A Mercer County West Virginia story of these meetings...

My grandmother Wyatt was one of those "Shouting Methodists" and she has attended the Camp Meeting at this place and heard Robert Sayers Sheffey preach. He spent much time in the home of my grandmother who lived just over the mountain in the pine-clad hills of what is now Wyoming County. I could write a sizeable book on the many stories that she told me about Preacher Sheffey. When the preacher visited in their home they always tried to have either honey or fish on the table. When either one was set before him he would lift his eyes heavenward and shout over the food.

Bob Sheffey travelled as a missionary through Mercer county in the 1880's to 'camp meetings ' and is credited with the founding of many of the older churches, hereabouts, namely, New Hope, Riverside, Shiloh, Princeton First, Bluefield, Concord, Spanishburg, and others.

Along with Pentecost in the early 1900's many of there revivals went from Methodist to Pentecostal. In which a new experience was encouraged and that was the Baptism with tongues. I see that movement also dieing out as the Laodicean church age effect takes full grip on the churches.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My people in Virginia were indeed filled with the Holy Ghost with the speaking in tongues. There are folks who still speak in tongues under the unction of the Holy Spirit. Here is a picture of my dear Grandfather who was as head to toe Pentecostal as one could get...

There is another Virginian by the name of Robert Sheffey who preached in these wildernesses in the 1800's. Back in those days the evangelists were called Methodist circuit riders. There were plenty of revivals back then and in our neck they would have camp meetings before harvest that would last up to a couple of weeks. Back in those days they would have two alters... One for salvation and the other for sanctification. The evidence of salvation was the sinners prayer by faith and the evidence of sanctification was a sweet spirit. An old story told about a farmer seeking sanctification who lost his temper with a team of horses... His wife then shouts out the screen door "Not yet honey... Not yet!" When you get sanctified the first creatures that know about it will be the family pets. Instead of kicking them you will rub them and show a lot more love there way.

The story of Robert Sheffey....

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/0892270268

A Mercer County West Virginia story of these meetings...

My grandmother Wyatt was one of those "Shouting Methodists" and she has attended the Camp Meeting at this place and heard Robert Sayers Sheffey preach. He spent much time in the home of my grandmother who lived just over the mountain in the pine-clad hills of what is now Wyoming County. I could write a sizeable book on the many stories that she told me about Preacher Sheffey. When the preacher visited in their home they always tried to have either honey or fish on the table. When either one was set before him he would lift his eyes heavenward and shout over the food.

Bob Sheffey travelled as a missionary through Mercer county in the 1880's to 'camp meetings ' and is credited with the founding of many of the older churches, hereabouts, namely, New Hope, Riverside, Shiloh, Princeton First, Bluefield, Concord, Spanishburg, and others.

Along with Pentecost in the early 1900's many of the revivals went from Methodist to Pentecostal. In which a new experience was encouraged and that was the Baptism with tongues. I see that movement also dieing out as the Laodicean church age effect takes full grip on the churches.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joel Osteen's church still encourages the Baptism in the Holy Spirit with the speaking in tongues. Here is a beautiful brochure on it!

http://lakewood.cc/Downloads/PDF/BaptHolySpirit.pdf

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
My replies to rockytopva in blue.

Seven Churches...

Still have the influence of seven churches...

1. Ephesus - Apostolic - Scripture still before us!.
2. Smyrna - Martyr - 10 days = 10 general Roman persecutions.
3. Pergomos - Orthodox - Still alive in many parts of the world!
4. Thyatira - Catholic - Influence still large.
5. Sardis - Protestant - A whole host of denominations.
6. Philadelphia - Methodist / Pentecostal - Saved / Sanctified / Filled with the Holy Ghost!
***Is revival unique to the Philadelphian church age???*** Was this the revival of the last days?
7. Laodicea - Materialistic / Charistmatic / Educated - Influencing a lot of churches these days. Even the pope said that his church was being destroyed from within. No external enemies.
Why do you keep writing about what you believe are the nowadays churches? Lot's of love and pride in this comparison? How wonderful for you to pick your religion as the church of Philadelphia. Even though your church preaches that thousands and thousands of people God gave His Holy Spirit to have not really received it. Now that should bother you.

Anastacia, you are obviously Sardisean in doctrine and probably from the North East, so only if you experience these things yourself will you ever believe in tongues. And because a sardis (gem) is hard (shelled) I will likely make little headway with you. The Philadelphian tree....

Are you falsely judging me and slandering me at that? You don't even want to get rid of a false belief from your religion that the Bible plainly speaks of...so how can you rightly judge much at all?

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
Joel Osteen's church still encourages the Baptism in the Holy Spirit with the speaking in tongues. Here is a beautiful brochure on it!

http://lakewood.cc/D...tHolySpirit.pdf

My opinion of Olsteen is spelled out in the PDF file you provided. Its all about YOU baby!!

Five steps to receiving the Baptism in the Holy Spirit
3 with the evidence of speaking in tongues

A. You must be born again.
B. You must believe that it is for you.
C. You must desire the gift of the Holy Spirit.
D. You must ask for it.
E. You must do the speaking.

The Holy Spirit will not talk through your mouth. You will do the speaking. You will sense the Holy
Spirit giving you the utterance, but you have to take a step of faith and speak forth what the Holy
Spirit gives you in tongues. It may sound strange to you, but allow that supernatural language to
flow out of you.
You have to remember that you cannot speak two languages at one time. Begin to worship God
out of your heart in your own language, and then stop speaking your native language and begin
speaking in tongues. Pray in your prayer language every day

But Paul says in 1 Cor 12:10-11
[sup]10[/sup] to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. [sup]11[/sup] But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

Do you see where it says as He wills? that's speaking of the Holy Spirit, not your will but His. Now compare what the Spirit says and what Olsteen says above. Joel says its all about your will. Its all about you, name it and claim it teachings teach, all you have to do is believe in you and bingo, its a new BMW and a Rolex for you.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"When a man dies they should have enough money to bury him with and a few pence for his friends." - John Wesley

John Wesley put the proceedings of his book sales back into ministry. Today's preacher is not doing that. In which cause I cannot defend. This all started with DL Moody and Ira Sankey who irked the English with keeping the proceeds of their book sales. Even Billy Graham has made a small fortune off his publications. Francis Chan quit his church after his book "Crazy Love" took off. So I have a hard time following the Laodicean preacher.