The False Doctrine of a 7-year Tribulation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe, at this time, that you are correct. I say 'at this time' as I need to refresh myself on the order and nature of these end-time events. This is not a description of the Rapture. It is a description of being taken in judgement. And it is an event that occurs at the Second Coming of Christ. (Luke 17:24)

But this does not speak against the existence of either the Rapture or the 7 year Tribulation. It does describe the Second Coming as a time of judgement.

You underlined 'eagles will be gathered together'. Why?

Stranger

I agree this is at the second coming, as I do not believe in a previous secret rapture, but only one.

This is how I read the following:

37 And they answered and said to Him, “Where, Lord?” (Where are they "taken.")

So He said to them, “Wherever the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together.”

Just another emphasis that those who are taken, are not taken in the rapture, but are destroyed. I imagine "there the eagles will be gathered together" has to do with the birds picking their flesh.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was before the Resurrection, so before the New Covenant. The Old Covenant, weak by the flesh, ended when Jesus said while still on the cross, "It is finished." The New Covenant laws are the laws of the Spirit of life in Christ and began on the Day of Pentecost. I look at that day like the reading of the will. Everything He taught in His ministry to the disciples, (not to the Pharisees, as they were merely corrections to their views of the Old Covenant) is His writing of the will and testament.

Well, you lost me there. I don't study man's theories, so am clueless as to what they taught. I guess I am my own type of dispensationalist. Regarding the New Covenant, these paragraphs are different dispensations (as I understand dispensations):

1. The first was the gospel to the Jews first,

2. Then in Acts 10, the start of the gospel to the Gentiles for them to be grafted into the Jewish Church, and in Romans 11, we see that the this focus on the Gentiles while the Jews are partially blinded will last only until the fullness of the Gentiles comes into the Jewish Church,

3. Then all national Israel will be saved, and no more Gentiles will be newly converted during the Great Tribulation. (Those Christians who "come out of the Great Tribulation were already Christians going into the Great Tribulation, because God will place a strong delusion on all the unsaved Gentiles at the beginning of it when the Antichrist is revealed.) The Great Tribulation and the 70th week are in the same time frame.

The rapture at the second coming when every eye will see Him will start the 1000 year Millennium. Those Christians who are alive at the second coming when Christ returns with the saints who have died previously will be caught up to meet them in the air. I'll be curious to see if they enter into the "beloved city" of Revelation 20, which is described in Revelation 21 and if it is levitated above the earth.

Armageddon, ending with the lake of fire.

New heavens and new earth.

Well, you describe a dispensation when you say the Old ended and we are now under the New. In other words, the Old is the Mosaic system of Law. The New is, as you said, that of the Spirit led life, which is under Grace. So, would you not consider those as 'Dispensations'? The Dispensation of Law? And the Dispensation of Grace?

If I understand you correctly you seem to believe that Dispensations are found in the New Testament only. Is that right? If so, why?

Perhaps we should define 'Dispensation'. The definition I am used to is this: A dispensation is a responsibility given to man from God. See (Eph. 3:1-2) and (Luke 16:1-4). In the (Luke) reference the word 'stewardship' is the same as 'dispensation'.

Stranger

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree this is at the second coming, as I do not believe in a previous secret rapture, but only one.

This is how I read the following:

37 And they answered and said to Him, “Where, Lord?” (Where are they "taken.")

So He said to them, “Wherever the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together.”

Just another emphasis that those who are taken, are not taken in the rapture, but are destroyed. I imagine "there the eagles will be gathered together" has to do with the birds picking their flesh.

So, you believe that there will be a Rapture, but that it occurs during the Second Coming of Christ? Is that correct? I also believe in only one Rapture but disagree with you as to the time of it. As I believe it will occur at the beginning of the Tribulation and in essence starts the 70th week.

Stranger

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your saying the Gentile Church makes me cringe. Jesus is the Root/Church, and the natural branches are Jews. Gentiles are grafted into the Jewish Church, until the fullness of the Gentiles is complete. Then the remaining Jews will be grafted into their own Church.
The tree that we all branch from is Abraham, not Israel.

Israel is the natural branch, gentiles the wild branches. Israelites are the children of Abraham, and we are also then grafted in as children of Abraham.

Yes, from these very hearts of stone God raised up children for Abraham.

Israel, being a natural branch, is able to be grafted back into the tree, Abraham.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me that conflicts Romans 11. You have Gentiles being saved to more than full, but to overflowing! LOL
I'm simply looking at the meaning of that passage.

Again, that passage does not specify gentiles, rather, those who perish, and received not the love for the truth. Whomever they may be.

So this passage Does Not support the idea that no gentiles will be saved during the 70th week.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That seems like the lake of fire.

But you have that before the 70th week. The 70th week is also the Great Tribulation.

Well, I must say, you are singular in your study and pre-trib beliefs. I doubt that any other pre-tribber would agree with you. I like people who think for themselves. Makes it more interesting. And their minds can be changed because they are not closed minded into denominationalism. Good for you! I'm the same - open minded, and have changed theories along the way.
No, not the lake of fire.

No, rather, the worldwide earthquake prophesied in Ezekiel 38 and Revelation 6.

I've changed my views routinely, any time I seem to understand something better.

But actually I'm not alone in my ideas. I can map it out for you if you want.

Much love!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... during the 70th week ...

At some point in time, if people want to spout FALSE DOCTRINES, -- having been cautioned --, they're on their own, to incur whatever consequences. -- Let their blood be on their own head.

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you describe a dispensation when you say the Old ended and we are now under the New. In other words, the Old is the Mosaic system of Law. The New is, as you said, that of the Spirit led life, which is under Grace. So, would you not consider those as 'Dispensations'? The Dispensation of Law? And the Dispensation of Grace?

If I understand you correctly you seem to believe that Dispensations are found in the New Testament only. Is that right? If so, why?

Perhaps we should define 'Dispensation'. The definition I am used to is this: A dispensation is a responsibility given to man from God. See (Eph. 3:1-2) and (Luke 16:1-4). In the (Luke) reference the word 'stewardship' is the same as 'dispensation'.

Stranger

No, the Old Testament has dispensations also. As far as "dispensations" I was never taught anything more that Adam to Moses; Moses to Pentecost; and Pentecost to the second coming. I was just breaking it down in our New Covenant to different sub-dispensations, though not even sure they qualify. I've never considered myself a "dispensationalist," just see changes in the Bible. I'm more of a "covenant" kinda gal. :D

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... so to make sure that people are aware, the proponents of the "classical" Dan. 9 interpretation KNOW THERE ARE SERIOUS PROBLEMS:

Regarding the "weeks":
“... Montgomery, for all of his scholarship and knowledge of the history of interpretation, ends up with no reasonable interpretation at all.”[1]

“... as Young points out, the word ‘sevens’ is in the masculine plural instead of the usual feminine plural. No clear explanation is given except that Young feels ‘it was for the deliberate purpose of calling attention to the fact that the word “sevens” is employed in an unusual sense.’”[2]

“...Young finally concludes after some discussion that Keil and Kliefoth are correct when they hold that the word ‘sevens’ does not necessarily mean year-weeks, but an intentionally indefinite designation of a period of time measured by the number seven, which chronological duration must be determined on other grounds.”[3]

[1] John Walvoord, Daniel, The Key to Prophetic Revelation, Moody Press, Chicago, 1971, p. 217
[2] IBID, p. 217
[3] IBID, p. 218​

Here's a 20 year “grope;” an additional 40 years after the Messiah’s death; and 40 year instead of 30 year Messianic ministry:

“...the Book of Daniel, where a period of seventy weeks of years, i.e. 490 years, is given as separating the epoch of Nebuchadnezzar from that of the Messiah. As it happens, if to this figure of 390 years [Damascus Document] is added, firstly twenty (during which the ancestors of the Community ‘groped’ for their way until the entry on the scene of the Teacher of Righteousness), then another forty (the time span between the death of the Teacher and the dawn of the messianic epoch), the total stretch of years arrived at is 450. And if to this total is added the duration of the Teacher’s ministry of, say, forty years - a customary round figure - the final result is the classic seventy times seven years.”

Geza Vermes, The Complete Dead Sea Scrolls In English, Penguin Putnam Inc., NY, 1997, p. 58​

... a Scriptural refutation of a purported "Cyrus Decree" fulfillment:

“[Per Young] This phrase has reference to the issuance of the word, not from a Persian ruler but from God. Young goes on to point out that the expression the commandment, which he insists is better translated “a word” (Heb. Dābār; cf. 2Ch 30:5) is also found is Daniel 9:23 for a word from God.”

John Walvoord, Daniel, The Key to Prophetic Revelation, Moody Press, Chicago, 1971, p. 224​

... and denial that Jesus is the only one who can fulfill the "anointed one"/"messiah":

CEV Footnote
9.25 the Chosen Leader: Or “a chosen leader.” In Hebrew the word “chosen” means “to pour oil (on someone’s head).” In Old Testament times it was the custom to pour oil on a person’s head when that person was chosen to be a priest or a king.[1]

There are 39 such citations, for which the translators capitalize 2 without any authorization, and for example Leviticus provides what happens if a mâshiyach sins:

4:3 If the priest that is anointed H4899 do sin according to the sin of the people; then let him bring for his sin, which he hath sinned, a young bullock without blemish unto the LORD for a sin offering.[2]

[1] Bible Gateway passage: Daniel 9 - Contemporary English Version
[2] H4899 - mashiyach - Strong's Hebrew Lexicon (KJV)

... and regarding the "moat" citation:

Although history does not provide any evidence of moats, various theories abound justifying the literal text. However, none propose the most obvious solution, which recognizes the extensive network of irrigation canals which the Palestinians built and then abandoned along with their homes when Israel declared itself a State in 1948.

... and the list keeps going and going and going. But if people want to be "ill-considered", then we all choose!
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you believe that there will be a Rapture, but that it occurs during the Second Coming of Christ? Is that correct? I also believe in only one Rapture but disagree with you as to the time of it. As I believe it will occur at the beginning of the Tribulation and in essence starts the 70th week.

Stranger

So you believe those who come out of the GT who didn't take the mark of the beast will not be raptured at the second coming?

I believe the beginning of the 70th week is the beginning of the GT also, but believe the rapture is at the end for both Jew and Gentiles alike. I don't like the inference that there is a Gentile church and Israel, though do see that the beginning of the 70th week marks the time when only Jews will be newly saved and be counted with the Church, and no more Gentiles will come into the Church.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The tree that we all branch from is Abraham, not Israel.

Israel is the natural branch, gentiles the wild branches. Israelites are the children of Abraham, and we are also then grafted in as children of Abraham.

Yes, from these very hearts of stone God raised up children for Abraham.

Israel, being a natural branch, is able to be grafted back into the tree, Abraham.

Much love!

Either way, Abraham or Israel, there is only one body of Christ consisting of both Jew and Gentile.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm simply looking at the meaning of that passage.

Again, that passage does not specify gentiles, rather, those who perish, and received not the love for the truth. Whomever they may be.

So this passage Does Not support the idea that no gentiles will be saved during the 70th week.

Much love!

Do you know that the 70th week is focused on Jews?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not the lake of fire.

No, rather, the worldwide earthquake prophesied in Ezekiel 38 and Revelation 6.

I've changed my views routinely, any time I seem to understand something better.

But actually I'm not alone in my ideas. I can map it out for you if you want.

Much love!

Yes, the sixth seal. But that is at the end of the GT, because the first seal is the Antichrist.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
.. so to make sure that people are aware, the proponents of the "classical" Dan. 9 interpretation KNOW THERE ARE SERIOUS PROBLEMS:
There are even more serious problems with what you are posting, since it makes no sense.