The false gospel of grace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is false.

Paul makes it quite clear that no matter how much we want not to sin we will sin because of our flesh.

You do not understand the difference between goal and reality.
To a truth, you speak to this: Through our faith in the Blood of His Sacrifice, in Christ Jesus we are declared to be "sin-less".
However, because we are still dragging around our fleshly body of death, we know that we are not
"sin-free" .
However, because of Christ within us, we died, and our life is HID in Christ with God!

Col. 3[3] For ye are dead, and your life is hid withChrist in God.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 7:14-25 is Paul using a literary tactic that he identifies in 1 Corinthians 9:22 (kjv). He sets himself forth as a carnal believer in order that he might win the carnal believer. But it is clear that there is another class of Christian other than carnal; the spiritual believer is spoken of in 1 Corinthians 3:1-4 in contrast to the carnal believer.

Paul wrote over half of the New Testament; so I have very serious doubts that he wrote it from a carnal state of mind.

Therefore he was not in a carnal state of mind when he wrote Romans 7:14-25; but was rather using a literary tactic, setting himself forth as weak in order to win those who are weak (1 Corinthians 9:22 (kjv)).

You should also consider what Peter said about Paul's writings in 2 Peter 3:15-17.
No he is not. He is stating the reality he does not want us in but because he still sins.

You are not dealing with the truth. You are deceiving yourself.
1 John 1:8 New International Version (NIV)

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You Dodge did not answer my question.

Reconcile this with all you been claiming.
Romans 7:20 New International Version (NIV)
20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

I believe that the following, posted before, adequately answers your verse; because your verse is within the scripture verses mentioned (Romans 7:14-25).

Romans 7:14-25 is Paul using a literary tactic that he identifies in 1 Corinthians 9:22 (kjv). He sets himself forth as a carnal believer in order that he might win the carnal believer. But it is clear that there is another class of Christian other than carnal; the spiritual believer is spoken of in 1 Corinthians 3:1-4 in contrast to the carnal believer.

Paul wrote over half of the New Testament; so I have very serious doubts that he wrote it from a carnal state of mind.

Therefore he was not in a carnal state of mind when he wrote Romans 7:14-25; but was rather using a literary tactic, setting himself forth as weak in order to win those who are weak (1 Corinthians 9:22 (kjv)).

You should also consider what Peter said about Paul's writings in 2 Peter 3:15-17.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not dealing with the truth. You are deceiving yourself.
1 John 1:8 New International Version (NIV)

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
I am not claiming to be without sin; I am only saying that it is possible to be in such a state.

Job 9:20, If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me: if I say, I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse.
Job 9:21, Though I were perfect, yet would I not know my soul: I would despise my life.
Job 9:22, This is one thing, therefore I said it, He destroyeth the perfect and the wicked.

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To a truth, you speak to this: Through our faith in the Blood of His Sacrifice, in Christ Jesus we are declared to be "sin-less".
However, because we are still dragging around our fleshly body of death, we know that we are not
"sin-free" .
However, because of Christ within us, we died, and our life is HID in Christ with God!

This is religious nonsense and doublespeak that causes God's ways to be mocked. Just sayin...

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"sin-free" .

We are free of the consequences. Christ paying for our sins make them as if they never happen.

The thing that trips so many people up on this truth is that when Christ resurrected all our sins, past, present and future were future were forgiven then.

But, we still have to live our lives, so sins are past, present and future impact on our physical lives.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If we could be sinless, we would have no more need of a Savior. Remember, Jesus said that even the THOUGHT of doing something sinful is a sin. If we could be sinless here, then why do we need heaven? Heaven breathes of holiness--our pathetic attempts to be holy do not compare at all favorably to God's standard of righteousness. We are wholly dependent on Him for any and all holiness--"Without me, you can do nothing [good]."

Reactions: CoreIssue

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tit 2:14, Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

1Jo 1:7, But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1Jo 3:3, And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Psa 51:7, Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We need Him to abide in, the basis for walking in freedom from sin is abiding in Christ.

Of course. But, we will never be totally free of sin in this world ruled by Satan. He has his legions who know how to poke fleeting dishonorable thoughts into our minds. They cannot rule over or imprison us, but they are wily adversaries and anyone who regards them casually needs to understand that even the Archangel Michael did not rebuke Satan directly.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course. But, we will never be totally free of sin in this world ruled by Satan. He has his legions who know how to poke fleeting dishonorable thoughts into our minds. They cannot rule over or imprison us, but they are wily adversaries and anyone who regards them casually needs to understand that even the Archangel Michael did not rebuke Satan directly.
You are giving too much credit to satan.

God is greater than the devil (1 John 4:4).