The False One Who Makes the 7 Year Covenant of Daniel 9

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
2nd Period -- "threescore and two weeks" = 434 years; from 405 B.C. to the time of Messiah's 1st coming 29 A.D. At the end of this period Messiah was "cut off". This is all that is pointing to Messiah.
Messiah arrives after the 7 and 62 weeks.

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks:

Thats 69 weeks passing UNTIL Messiah.

Jesus was anointed with the Holy Spirit at his baptism, to preach the good news of redemption through the shedding of his blood.

Jn 1
31 I did not recognize Him [as the Messiah]; but I came baptizing in water so that He would be [publicly] revealed to Israel.”
32 John gave [further] evidence [testifying officially for the record, with validity and relevance], saying, “I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him. 33 I did not recognize Him [as the Messiah], but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, ‘He upon whom you see the Spirit descend and remain, this One is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ 34 I myself have [actually] seen [that happen], and my testimony is that this is the Son of God!”

Lk 4
Luke 4:18
The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me (the Messiah), Because He has anointed Me to preach the good news to the poor. He has sent Me to announce release (pardon, forgiveness) to the captives, And recovery of sight to the blind, To set free those who are oppressed (downtrodden, bruised, crushed by tragedy),

You have the Lord cut off the moment he arrives which is nonsense. He accomplished redemption in the 70th week.

24 “Seventy weeks [of years, or 490 years] have been decreed for your people and for your holy city (Jerusalem),
to finish the transgression,
to make an end of sins,
to make atonement (reconciliation) for wickedness,
to bring in everlasting righteousness (right-standing with God),
to seal up vision and prophecy and prophet, and
to anoint the Most Holy Place.

The 70th week has everything to do with the Lords accomplishment of redemption / atonement.

Jn 17

The High Priestly Prayer​

17 When Jesus had spoken these things, He raised His eyes to heaven [in prayer] and said, “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, so that Your Son may glorify You. 2 Just as You have given Him power and authority over all mankind, [now glorify Him] so that He may give eternal life to all whom You have given Him [to be His—permanently and forever]. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know You, the only true [supreme and sovereign] God, and [in the same manner know] Jesus [as the] Christ whom You have sent. 4 I have glorified You [down here] on the earth by completing the work that You gave Me to do. 5 Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory and majesty that I had with You before the world existed.

Reactions: covenantee and rwb

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have no clue about Prophecy, people like you are beginning to annoy me tbh. I have decided some peope are not reachable on God's truths, they are brick walks. I do not waste my time trying to discuss things further with brick walks.

Its not even debatable, anyone that cant understand Prophecy surly doesnpt need to try and teach it.
Calling Messiah the Prince an Antichrist is not very nice either, but many continue in that vein of thought.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welp, don't say I didn't try to warn you.
I'll leave you with this, those who ARE given spiritual eyes to see, and ears to hear can EASILY RECOGNIZE those who do not! And you definitely are in the DO NOT category.

Reactions: Adam

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Messiah arrives after the 7 and 62 weeks.

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks:

Thats 69 weeks passing UNTIL Messiah.
NO, the Scripture plainly states that Messiah is "CUT OFF" after 69 weeks is complete. You MUST keep both verses 25 & 26 together about that 69 weeks period. You are only reading the Daniel 9:25 verse as if there is nothing else said about the 62 weeks, yet there is more...

Dan 9:26
And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
KJV

And there it is above, "And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off". You cannot have anymore activity by Messiah after that 69th week. That phrase above in red gives MORE INFO about that "seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks" mentioned in verse 25.

So it is NOT simply about Messiah showing up at 69 weeks LIKE YOU ARE WRONGLY THINKING. It's about Messiah being 'CUT OFF' at the end of the 69th week.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
NO, the Scripture plainly states that Messiah is "CUT OFF" after 69 weeks is complete. You MUST keep both verses 25 & 26 together about that 69 weeks period.
Take your own advice Davy.
I am the one considering both verses, and I have used Scripture to explain them... you haven't.
Unto Messiah the Prince there will be 69 weeks.
I have shown you the scriptures thar show when Messiah was revealed to Israel...JN 1= until Messiah.

So, after 69 weeks Messiah is revealed and after 69 weeks he is cut off.
Jesus was cut off years after his revealing yes, to rise Victorious atoning for the sins of the whole world in 70 weeks as prophesied AMEN.
It is Finished.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO, the Scripture plainly states that Messiah is "CUT OFF" after 69 weeks is complete. You MUST keep both verses 25 & 26 together about that 69 weeks period. You are only reading the Daniel 9:25 verse as if there is nothing else said about the 62 weeks, yet there is more...

Dan 9:26
And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
KJV

And there it is above, "And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off". You cannot have anymore activity by Messiah after that 69th week. That phrase above in red gives MORE INFO about that "seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks" mentioned in verse 25.

So it is NOT simply about Messiah showing up at 69 weeks LIKE YOU ARE WRONGLY THINKING. It's about Messiah being 'CUT OFF' at the end of the 69th week.

The last week (70th) comes after the sixty nine weeks, which is exactly what both Daniel and Jeffweeder tell you. AFTER 69 weeks shall Messiah be cut off.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What he said is actually just a stupid attempt at attacking one's credibility WITHOUT having to actual back himself up in The Scriptures. So what he said has about as much weight as if Mickey Mouse said it.
I think his point was an excellent one.

Take what you are saying for instance. You make an error and then build everything you say around it. It never occurs to you that there is a beast of the earth and beast of the sea. You quote Revelation 11 as being about "The" Antichrist. You confuse the "prince of the covenant" with "The" Antichrist. So if what you are saying is true, how is it that the person in Daniel 11 comes to his end BEFORE the great tribulation?

Daneil 11
45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

Daniel 12
And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

So if the antichrist dies BEFORE the great tribulation, how is he cast alive into the lake of fire?

Revelation 19
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last week (70th) comes after the sixty nine weeks, which is exactly what both Daniel and Jeffweeder tell you. AFTER 69 weeks shall Messiah be cut off.
Precious friend, I am not much of a prophecy expert, so while I am studying 'God's Timelines,'
please advise IF I can know exactly "when the 69th week ended? Thanks...

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Davy

May God bless you my brother, I can tell you are very passionate about the scriptures, and I wish you lots of insight and wisdom in your readings.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, I am not much of a prophecy expert, so while I am studying 'God's Timelines,'

For an in-depth study of Daniel's prophecy, I highly recommend THE ATONEMENT CLOCK - Scholars Edition - by our own fellow poster Christian Gedge - Published by Five Loaves and Two Fishes

69 x 7 = 483 years.

Daniel 9:25 (KJV) Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

The same decree was issued and re-issued by three different Emperors, Cyrus 383 BC, Darius 520 BD, and Artaxerxes 457 BC. In order to get 483 years we need to discover which decree issued leads to Messiah the Prince. Neither the decree by Cyrus nor Darius fit the time-line.

From the time of Darius when the temple was completed, but not the city, to the re-issuance of the same decree by Artaxerxes in his seventh year, the date was 457 BC. According to Ezra 7 in the seventh year of King Artaxerxes the restoration was finished. 483 years - 457 years = 27 AD, when Christ began His earthly ministry.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF I can know exactly "when the 69th week ended?
27 AD, when Christ began His earthly ministry.
Thanks So Much. Now, if I understand this correctly:

Dan 9:24 "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to
finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for
iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and
prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy."

The 69th week Ended "The Very Day The Messiah Was Baptized (Anointed) With
The Holy Spirit, And
the 70th week Began, Correct?...

Reactions: rwb

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Dan 9:24 "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to
finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for
iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and

The Holy Spirit, And

The prophecy in Daniel 9:24 is a separate prophecy to the prophecies that follows in verses 25, 26a, 26b and 29.

The Daniel 9:25 prophecy began in the years 494 BC and ended in the year 4 BC when the fifth age began with the birth of Christ.

In this prophecy the nation of Israel was given 490 years to stop their idolatrous sins as is outlined in this portion of the verse: -

Dan 9:24a

24 "Seventy weeks are determined​
For your people and for your holy city,​
To finish the transgression,​
To make an end of sins,​

Then, after that time period of 490 years, Christ will fulfil the following: -

Dan 9:24b
To make reconciliation for iniquity,​
To bring in everlasting righteousness,​
To seal up vision and prophecy,​
And to anoint the Most Holy.​

This would change the process by which mankind can gain reconciliation with God after the crucifixion.

The timeframe for when Daniel 9:25 takes place is not as critical as many make out. The crucifixion takes place after the finish of the initial construction/refurbishment of the temple, which we know from scripture took 46 years to do. The temple was added to a number of years later. When the temple was reconstructed is rather a matter of conjecture and the reliability of the dates given is questionable.

However, After Herold's Temple was completed, Christ was crucified and the number of years between when the temple was completed and the crucifixion took place is not as important to what took place on the cross.

Since there is debate among the scholars still, as to the year of Christ's birth, I do not think that the salvation work and the story that the Cross takes in the salvation story is not as critical to understand, as the importance that it did take place some years after the completion of Herold's Temple.

What we do know is that verse 26b speaks of the Heavenly Host beast, the Little Horn was given an army with which to destroy the temple in line with what God said would happen in 2 Chronicles 7:12ff if the nation of Israel continued in their idolatrous worship. God also warned Israel in Exodus 20:4-6 that during the third and fourth age/generation of the existence of the nation of Israel, after the birth of Isaac, that the iniquities of the fathers during the first two ages of their existence would be visited on their children and the children's children. When the completion of the four ages occurs, after the Armageddon judgement event of the kings of the earth, God will turn once more to Gather the Israelites to Himself.

This event is in our near future.

Shalom

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The Holy Spirit, And
Correct, and consistent with the recognition and understanding of all of historic Christianity up to the 19th century.

Daniel 9:24 was fulfilled in Jesus' complete and perfect Sacrifice at Calvary in the midst (30 AD) of the 70th week (Daniel 9:27).

Last edited:

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Holy Spirit, And

The final week began by His anointing through baptism, the manifestation of Messiah the Prince 27 AD, and in the midst of the week 30 AD the Messiah made an end to sacrifice and offering for sin, and reconciliation for iniquity through His atoning blood, and 34 AD He brought everlasting righteousness, fulfilling Daniel's prophecy by showing He has power over death by His physical resurrection from the tomb.

Reactions: covenantee

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 9:24 was fulfilled in Jesus' complete and perfect Sacrifice at Calvary in the midst (30 AD) of the 70th week (Daniel 9:27).
Thanks So Much, now my prophetic understanding is getting a little better. So, next question:

Now, IF 30 AD is the midst [3.5 years] of the 70th week, then the End of it should have
been
33-34, Correct?

And, further, where does this parable fit into this timeline?:

"He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his
vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. Then
said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come
seeking fruit on this fig tree
, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth
it the ground?

And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall
dig about it, and dung it: And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that
thou shalt cut it down
." (Luk 13:6-9)

My current understanding is this is about "Christ, In His earthly Ministry, seeking
fruit from His people, Israel."
Am I mistaken about this?

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks So Much, now my prophetic understanding is getting a little better. So, next question:

Now, IF 30 AD is the midst [3.5 years] of the 70th week, then the End of it should have
been
33-34, Correct?
Yes. The cov is confirmed with signs and wonders for the whole last week for Daniels people Israel.
Jesus for the first half of the week with the anointing of the Holy Spirit and his disciples for the last half of the week through the anointing of the Holy Spirit. The Gospel then went to the Gentiles.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
been
33-34, Correct?
Yes, AD 34.
And, further, where does this parable fit into this timeline?:

"He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his
vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. Then
said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come
seeking fruit on this fig tree
, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth
it the ground?

And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall
dig about it, and dung it: And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that
thou shalt cut it down
." (Luk 13:6-9)

My current understanding is this is about "Christ, In His earthly Ministry, seeking
fruit from His people, Israel."
Am I mistaken about this?
You are not mistaken. That is also the view of most commentators.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take your own advice Davy.
I am the one considering both verses, and I have used Scripture to explain them... you haven't.
Well no you are not considering BOTH verses, and that's your error.

If ONLY the Daniel 9:25 verse is read by itself, then it COULD be interpreted to mean after seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks is Messiah's coming.

But lo, the Daniel 9:26 verse tells us that after that SAME "threescore and two weeks" Messiah is CUT OFF.

So there's no way around that 26th verse which YOU ARE OMITTING. (Now whether or not you are omitting that 26th verse phrase on purpose because of what you've wrongly been taught, or that you do it on purpose, that is still yet to be determined. I'd like to think you're doing that because of what you've been wrongly taught.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It ended at the 69th week per the Daniel 9:26 verse, because that verse says after the threescore and two weeks Messiah would be "cut off". That means the 69th week ended with Jesus being "cut off" on His cross.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Holy Spirit, And
NOT correct.

You are doing the very same error that jeffweeder is doing, omitting the Daniel 9:26 verse which reveals Messiah was to be "cut off" at the end of the 69th week.

And I will explain just what that kind of error in Daniel 9 means...

It means trying to wrongly assign the evil events of the false one to Lord Jesus Himself! Jesus did not make 'any' "covenant" for 7 years. Nor did He end the daily sacrifices, for those kept on until 70 A.D. when the Romans destroyed the temple and Jerusalem. And Jesus definitely did not... place any IDOL abomination inside the temple! So trying to apply those things to Lord Jesus is just ignorance and actually blasphemy.

The Antichrist is who does those events of the Daniel 9:27 "one week" (70th week).

Last edited: