The fight between Heaven and Hell

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
I know that in Revelations there is the prophecy about how Heaven and Hell, angels and demons (or do we call them devils? does it even matter?) will fight right? But where would they go if they died in battle? I mean, if a demon died it would go to Hell, which is where it came from. And wouldn't it just come back to the fight? Unless there is a whole other Hell specifically for demons that I'm unaware of.

Can someone please explain.

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
williemac said:
Why do you assume that they are fighting to the death?
Isn't that an important part of a war? They keep fighting until one side doesn't have enough people to fight or one side gives up. Or both?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is the only way John could describe his vision.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
I know that in Revelations there is the prophecy about how Heaven and Hell, angels and demons (or do we call them devils? does it even matter?) will fight right? But where would they go if they died in battle? I mean, if a demon died it would go to Hell, which is where it came from. And wouldn't it just come back to the fight? Unless there is a whole other Hell specifically for demons that I'm unaware of.

Demons do not come from hell,They are angels(bad ones)that were thrown out of heaven.Hell is the place where demons and other evil spirits will be burned,Because fire can destroy a soul or a spirit.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my mind, the greatest torment of hell will be separation from God. However, like CS Lewis, I think hell is a placed locked from the inside. The fallen (demons) are in prison (Jude 6) where they await judgement.

Aspen brings up a good point in that we can argue over the literalness of the passage.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeah, i think the worst part of Hell is the condition of soul, not the place.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
HammerStone said:
In my mind, the greatest torment of hell will be separation from God. However, like CS Lewis, I think hell is a placed locked from the inside. The fallen (demons) are in prison (Jude 6) where they await judgement.

Aspen brings up a good point in that we can argue over the literalness of the passage.
If satan and his angels are in prison?Then who is responsible for all off the evil in the world?

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
Pelaides said:
If satan and his angels are in prison?Then who is responsible for all off the evil in the world?
People are, except in the cases like natural disasters and diseases. What type of evil are you talking about?

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
snr5557 said:

Fighting implies either party has odds at victory. This is only the case with our souls. When the devil was kicked out of heaven, there wasn't a 'fight'. The angels and demons are not going to 'fight'. In the spiritual realm there is no need to fight as they know before they begin who is more powerful. Basically it goes like this...God wins, the end :).

Perhaps quote the actual verse?
HammerStone said:

Jude 6 is interesting because it mentions they are in prison and bound with everlasting chains. Scripture is crystal clear that demons are on earth. I see the prison mentioned as an eternal state of banishment in darkness. Darkness is the prison they are chained to.
snr5557 said:
People are, except in the cases like natural disasters and diseases. What type of evil are you talking about?
I agree, but not with the natural disasters. I don't think they have that much power :p.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
snr5557 said:
Who tried to kill Moses and Jesus when they were babies?

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
KingJ said:
I agree, but not with the natural disasters. I don't think they have that much power :p.
Tell that to the families of the 1,833 people who died in Hurricane Katrina alone. Every life is important KingJ.

Pelaides said:
Who tried to kill Moses and Jesus when they were babies?
Pharaoh, whose name I can't remember right now and Herod (hopefully I spelled that right). Why do you ask?

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
snr5557 said:
Tell that to the families of the 1,833 people who died in Hurricane Katrina alone. Every life is important KingJ.

Pharaoh, whose name I can't remember right now and Herod (hopefully I spelled that right). Why do you ask?
It was satan that made pharoah kill the children,Satan used pharoah in an attempt to kill Moses.Herod on the other hand was trying to kill Jesus,You would assume he was possesed by the devil when hedid this.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
snr5557 said:
God is behind everyone's transition to the next life. He is not to blame for anyones 'death'.

The devil on the other hand is roaming looking for whom he can devour. He cannot devour whomever he wants. Only God has the power to decide.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jewish writers of Exodus were discribing what happen - pharoah was stubborn and that was obviously God hardening his heart to challenge God working through Moses. Herod and Pharoah were power hungry - they were possessed by selfishness - just like Satan was and is. The flu virus can be accurately decribed as 'stalking the Earth like a lion looking for people to devour', but viruses (just like Satan) are not actually alive and they are 'toothless' against the correct vacine.

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
KingJ said:
God is behind everyone's transition to the next life. He is not to blame for anyones 'death'.

The devil on the other hand is roaming looking for whom he can devour. He cannot devour whomever he wants. Only God has the power to decide.
Are you saying that God is responsible for everyone's death, and how it happened?
Pelaides said:
It was satan that made pharoah kill the children,Satan used pharoah in an attempt to kill Moses.Herod on the other hand was trying to kill Jesus,You would assume he was possesed by the devil when hedid this.
What do you mean "You would assume" ? That is a really big assumption to make. People are responsible for their actions, we have free will. If you claim that no one has any choice in what they do, then there should not even be a hell because a person isn't responsible for what they do, whether it's good or bad.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
snr5557 said:
Are you saying that God is responsible for everyone's death, and how it happened?
Nothing happens anywhere without God's knowledge and consent.
Heres just a couple of verse's

Isaiah 45:7
I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things.

Proverbs 16:4
The Lord has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble.

Job 1:12
And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your hand. Only against him do not stretch out your hand.” So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.

Reactions: KingJ

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
snr5557 said:
So what happened to baby Brianna was His plan for her life?
Its intensely and incredibly sad what happens to us in this fallen world.
I dont have the answer for baby Brianna or for my brother who I miss with all my heart.

But i believe God works all things out for good.

Its not God that harms us, Satan does this because he is the prince of this world, but even Satan can not harm anyone without God allowing him to do so, all power is subject to God. And Satan is allowed power for only a short time and he knows it. He plans to take as many of us with him as he possibly can.

Sometimes we dont see the good in bad circumstances, not until through such things we glorify God by rising above the plans of Satan. We do so by trusting in the power of God to see us through the storms no matter how severe they can be.

He gave us his Son whom died horribly and painfully by way of the most degrading Roman torcher method known to man.
He did this because evil can not prevail and he love us much more then we can ever begin to realise.

Thats were mercy was given, we forget this when we cry out for justice and mercy everyday. The greatest mercy was Christ work on that cross, how can we ask for more than that?

Justice will be served and those who are horrific in the world will face the fruit of their labour and they will be no more.

We are blessed every time we stand against Satan and his schemes in the name of Christ and or inheritance grows with every little demonstration of faith in his promise.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Let's not forget the early Christian martyrs. There was no doubt that God was on their side, yet they suffered terrible deaths!!

However if you googled the words on their grave stones they read ''died peacefully in Christ''. As Christians we must not forget that God is with us in our final hours. Just as He was with Meshach, Shadrach and Abednego in the furnace.

Reactions: Pelaides