The folly of Preterism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Says you, but, again, the only other place in scripture where the Greek words protos (first) and anastasis (resurrection) are found together are in Acts 26:23
That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

Jesus is the first man to rise from the dead.

which refers to Christ's resurrection as being the first resurrection.
As I say, you change the plain meaning of things to make them your own doctrine, including normal sense of grammar and sentence structure.

Only a false translator would say that He should be the first resurrection from the dead.

And we know His was the first resurrection in the sense that it was the first unto bodily immortality.

First man resurrected, not the first resurrection.

Your preaching of the first resurrection is past, is false.

Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

No man is yet part of the first resurrection, because no man, other than Jesus, has yet been resurrected from the dead.
Next in order are the dead in Christ at His second coming (1 Cor 15:22-23). That cannot be the first resurrection, as you believe, since Christ's resurrection was the first resurrection.

If you think you have already been resurrected, before He comes again, then you will not be resurrected when He does come again.

Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

Now I see the full scope of your delusion. You actually think you have already taken part in the first resurrection of the dead in Christ, and are now reigning and ruling with Him over all nations with a rod of iron.

You really do think in your own vain imagination, that you are currently ruling with Christ in His Millennium over the earth.

And you just keep on expanding that thousand years for however long you want, since you are one of them reigning over the earth.
His kingdom will never expire.
Not His everlasting kingdom, as you teach. His Millennium kingdom will after a thousand years has expired.

And the kingdom you think you are resurrected to reign in now, will expire with the grave.

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You would actually learn something if you read his posts, but you clearly aren't interested in learning anything. You are clearly comfortable with believing the falsehood that you currently believe in.
It's because I do read all amil posts together, that I know what a completely delusional doctrine it is.

Amil teaches the everlasting kingdom of Christ will expire, by making it His physical reign over nations today.

Amil teaches already being in the first resurrection of the dead, and ruling with Christ over all nations today.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Context is only key if it is.

Yes, there is usually a worldly context, but that context is not always the only context. Not even. The Psalms of David for example, were written regarding the worldly context of David's own life--but...parts were also prophetic and not of that original context at all. Likewise many mysteries of God are simply foreshadowed in the original context, but are given also that those who have an ear might hear what the Spirit says. After all, the words are spirit.

Likewise, Paul in the original context of the early church found the need to tell certain unruly women to "be silent in church." That was the original context. But that is not the context which qualified such a thing to be included in the eternal word of God. To the contrary, the reason it is also a word made eternal in that much greater context, is not regarding that original context at all--but regards the greater context of the church being the Bride of Christ (as if women) who should be silent that the Holy Spirit should speak according to the means by which Jesus said He would build His church, saying, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it."

It is by that same Spirit that I have spoken to you regarding the times of this world as opposed to the events of God.

If there's an answer to my reply somewhere in this word salad you've given, I can't find it??? You really are delusional!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you have not. Maybe to yourself, but not to anyone else.

You apparently don't. You deny the future bodily coming of Jesus Christ at which time all of the dead in Christ will be resurrected and all of His people will be gathered to Him, do you not? It seems clear that you do, so that makes you a Preterist whether you like it or not. Maybe not a typical one that obsesses about 70 AD, but still a Preterist nonetheless.

I'm not sure there is a word to describe his view of biblical eschatology, but I'm sticking with delusional!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

Jesus is the first man to rise from the dead.

As I say, you change the plain meaning of things to make them your own doctrine, including normal sense of grammar and sentence structure.

Only a false translator would say that He should be the first resurrection from the dead.

First man resurrected, not the first resurrection.

Your preaching of the first resurrection is past, is false.

No man is yet part of the first resurrection, because no man, other than Jesus, has yet been resurrected from the dead.

If you think you have already been resurrected, before He comes again, then you will not be resurrected when He does come again.

Now I see the full scope of your delusion. You actually think you have already taken part in the first resurrection of the dead in Christ, and are now reigning and ruling with Him over all nations with a rod of iron.

You really do think in your own vain imagination, that you are currently ruling with Christ in His Millennium over the earth.

And you just keep on expanding that thousand years for however long you want, since you are one of them reigning over the earth.

Not His everlasting kingdom, as you teach. His Millennium kingdom will after a thousand years has expired.

And the kingdom you think you are resurrected to reign in now, will expire with the grave.

Quite the opposite. Jesus is "the first resurrection" (Acts 26:23 and Revelation 20:6), "the firstborn from the dead" (Colossians 1:18), "the firstfruits of them that slept" (1 Corinthians 15:20), "first begotten of the dead" (Revelation 1:5). Nowhere does it call the future resurrection of the dead in Christ the first resurrection.

Reactions: rwb

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amil teaches the everlasting kingdom of Christ will expire, by making it His physical reign over nations today.

Amil teaches already being in the first resurrection of the dead, and ruling with Christ over all nations today.

Please quote one Amil who teaches this. I will not hold my breath.

You have made a habit of misrepresenting Amil, because you cannot refute with what they do believe. I take this as a commendation of the strength of the Amil position.

Reactions: rwb

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please quote one Amil who teaches this. I will not hold my breath.

You have made a habit of misrepresenting Amil, because you cannot refute with what they do believe. I take this as a commendation of the strength of the Amil position.

They have to misrepresent Amil, to do otherwise would mean to accept Amil is truth!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here, “evildoers” and “the wicked” are synonymous titles that refer to the unrighteous whereas the designations “those that wait upon the LORD,” “the meek” and “His saints” refer to the righteous. The meek are the glorified believers. They are the antithesis of the wicked. Can you not see that? There are only ever 2 peoples. The meek alone possess the new earth - those that have been redeemed by His precious blood.
Your not meek.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Kingdom of God that is forever and increases every time a man/woman of faith dies is not physical but is spiritual and located with God in heaven. That's why Christ says the Kingdom of God NOW is not of this world, is not observable, and can only be understood and entered when one is born again of the Spirit within them. Though our physical body is ordained to die, the life we have through His Spirit in us NEVER dies. Because when the physical body of the man/woman of faith dies, the spirit within those of faith, through the Holy Spirit in us returns to God with eternal life even though our body is dead.
I would suggest that if the Spirit of God is in fact in you, then Jesus has returned in the flesh.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would suggest that if the Spirit of God is in fact in you, then Jesus has returned in the flesh.

I would suggest we embrace the truth revealed to us in the Bible. That is that Christ has already come in the flesh! And the promise He made before He departed from this world is that He would send the Holy Spirit to be in believers always. His Spirit dwelling within believers is not evidence that Christ has returned, but proof that Christ keeps His promises.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will not hold my breath!

Read what I wrote instead of constantly running your mouth off.

Keep your childish threats to yourself. Denying the literal physical future return of Christ renders you a heretic.

Are you serious? What are you on?

Christians get their views from the Bible. You get them from heretics.

LOL. You are delusional. Watch out for the men with the white coats. To reject time and reality around you is to confess you are losing it. You seem to live in some fanciful "mystical metaphysical gobbledegook" Gnostic bubble.

You talk such nonsense. Who writes your script?
You seem to be tormented.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would suggest we embrace the truth revealed to us in the Bible. That is that Christ has already come in the flesh! And the promise He made before He departed from this world is that He would send the Holy Spirit to be in believers always. His Spirit dwelling within believers is not evidence that Christ has returned, but proof that Christ keeps His promises.
That is a start--good!

So then, since Jesus has "already" come in the flesh, that would mean that Christ standing at the door and knocking and coming in to those who open the door...is in fact His coming "again." Which is confirmed by the saying, "it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me."

But--sorry for butting in--please continue with @Waiting on him!

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, wasn’t this what the New Testament writers were confirming in the epistles, that the spirit of God was in fact in them?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a start--good!

So then, since Jesus has "already" come in the flesh, that would mean that Christ standing at the door and knocking and coming in to those who open the door...is in fact His coming "again." Which is confirmed by the saying, "it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me."

But--sorry for butting in--please continue with @Waiting on him!
Well, this is the observation I was making with WPM, all of the insults and vitriol, is this evidence of the Spirit Of God?

Reactions: ScottA

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple and direct. Not that it matters but I agree. Although… “Jesus has returned in the flesh” makes me ask, why then, the conversation of “where is the fruit”? Where is the fruit anywhere today?

Reactions: Waiting on him

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your not meek.

LOL. Seems like Full Preterists think they are God?

Just because your heresy has been solidly and irrefutably exposed you feel you have the authority to judge born-again believers. What folly and what pride! The judgment you meet out on others will one day be meted out on you. Think about that.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. Seems like Full Preterists think they are God?

Just because your heresy has been solidly and irrefutably exposed you feel you have the authority to judge born-again believers. What folly and what pride! The judgment you meet out on others will one day be meted out on you. Think about that.
Do you see yourself as meek?