The folly of Preterism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is absolutely nothing wrong with people looking at secular history to get a inside look of a intermediate testimonial
Period, considering the apostles were all on the move shortly after Jesus and his resurrection.

Josephus is a historian who has written about a pretty heavy and tragic time for Jerusalem which neared is destruction, it’s not something not to just reject to have at least a look in the early life of the first century Christian’s.

The man was born in Jerusalem, I suppose three or four years after Jesus had ascended - being born around 37Ad.

But may people may not find that type of historical significance compelling or unsupportable, but perhaps there are significant events that happen in which Jesus foretold about that might change a persons mind, but that would take effort to search and seek.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preterists have to ignore/reject many clear Scriptures that teach a prolonged period of time in-between the two comings of Christ. That is because what they have been taught contradicts the clear and repeated teaching of the NT. I want to look at some of the strong biblical evidence that forbids Preterism. This is just one of many issues that negate this doctrine.

They overlook what the Lord taught in Matthew 25:14: For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.”

We find parallel accounts in Mark 13 and Luke 19. In Mark’s account we learn: “For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch” (Mark 13:34).

In Luke 19:12-13 we read: “A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.”

As we piece these 3 accounts together, we grasp the fulness of the whole parable. Here Christ is speaking of the intra-Advent period. He is talking about the kingdom authority that was delegated to God’s people during the intra-Advent period. These servants were given “authority” and ordered to “Occupy till I come.” This assignment is still ongoing. The kingdom is still growing, and will do until the end (His coming), when it will be handed over to His Father. We are still ruling and reigning "in Christ." The gates of hell cannot prevail aginst the Church of Jesus Christ on this earth in this intra-Advent period. We are still invading the devil's kingdom with the glorious Gospel of Christ. Men and women, boys and girls, are still getting saved. We are still in the day of salvation. That ends when Jesus returns.

Jesus continues in Matthew 25:19-30: After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them. And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more. His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them. His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."

Here is a picture of the final judgment that occurs at the all-consummating return of Jesus. This comes after a long protracted period where their service would be accounted. This has not happened yet. This is still future!

The reference in this parable to the “nobleman” who “went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return” clearly relates to the Lord Jesus Christ and His ascension into heaven. This assumption is supported by the words of Christ at the end of this parable (in verse 27) when He personalizes the story of the ‘certain nobleman’ by saying, “those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.”

Jesus taught us that the gap between His first and second comings would be so long it would result in the scoffing of the ungodly. Diligence and patience would be required from the redeemed.

When you examine the record of each parallel you will see that they all conclude with the glorious climatic second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. That is when the general resurrection is. That is when the general judgment is. These are all related to the final event.

Does the Bible contradict itself? Why in places in the New Testament does it present the coming of the Lord as “at hand,” “near” or coming “quickly” or “shortly” while in other places it is presented as “after a long time”? In fact, the duration of the intra-Advent period is so long that the religious cynics mock the reality and realization of the second coming. Jesus details their contempt in Matthew 24:48: My lord delayeth his coming.”

These fools arrive at this foolish conclusion because of the protracted wait between the Lord's 2 Advents. We are still in that long period in-between. Preterists foolishly mock the blessed hope held by sincere Christians in regards to the Lord's literal physical visible return for His people.

Jesus continues in Mark 13:35–37: “Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.”

Jesus said in the other parallel passage in Luke 19:15: “And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.”

We haven’t seen the reward of the righteous and the reward of the wicked yet. This is a picture of Judgment Day. Jesus says of the hypocrite in Luke 19:23, 26-27: “Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury? … For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him. But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.”

Christ is currently king. He is still reigning over His people. He is still reigning over His enemies. All power and authority has been given unto Him in heaven and on earth. That did not terminate in AD70. He has not yet returned in majesty and power to rescue His elect, destroy the wicked and remove all the bondage of corruption.

What is more, we are constantly exhorted through the teaching of Christ and the New Testament writers to “watch” and be “ready” for Jesus’ climatic return when He will raise and judge mankind. It is only then where mankind will be apportioned their just and final reward. If He had already returned then what have we to prepare for and watch?
Indeed Preterists have been in error, as many also have been.

Even so, much of what you have drawn from was spoken of regarding the time of the harvest, of which Jesus said, "Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!"

"Already"--not in the distant future, but at that time.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Even so, much of what you have drawn from was spoken of regarding the time of the harvest, of which Jesus said, "Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!"

This exposes the inconsistencies of Full Preterism. Words mean something when it suits their heresy, but when it contradicts it it is swiftly discarded.

Reactions: amigo de christo

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is absolutely nothing wrong with people looking at secular history to get a inside look of a intermediate testimonial
Period, considering the apostles were all on the move shortly after Jesus and his resurrection.

Josephus is a historian who has written about a pretty heavy and tragic time for Jerusalem which neared is destruction, it’s not something not to just reject to have at least a look in the early life of the first century Christian’s.

The man was born in Jerusalem, I suppose three or four years after Jesus had ascended - being born around 37Ad.

But may people may not find that type of historical significance compelling or unsupportable, but perhaps there are significant events that happen in which Jesus foretold about that might change a persons mind, but that would take effort to search and seek.

You build your theology on the supposed claims of an historic unbeliever who you are unable to actually quote. Who told you? Did you hear this in a bar?

Reactions: amigo de christo

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I shared with you the information:

G. K. Beale writes the following concerning the fact that the Temple in Jerusalem was a symbol or model of heaven and earth

The Old Testament temple was a microcosmic model of the entire heaven and earth.

Again, one of the most explicit texts affirming this view is Psalm 78:69, which says, (again)
“And he built the sanctuary like the heights, like the earth which he founded forever.”

Josephus himself understood the three-part structure of the taber- nacle to signify something interesting (which will be of interest to our flat earther fans out there) that the tripartite structure of the temple was a shadow of the earth and sea and heaven itself, saying,

“the earth = outer court, and the sea = inner court, but the third portion = the holy of holies, was reserved for God alone, because before the resurrection heaven was inaccessible to men.” (Antiquities 3.181)

Further Information:

EXCERPT: Revelation 21 - Information from commentary

It’s just historical evidence that is being looked upon. It has nothing to do with theology, exactly. It is a look at what the temple was considered to be by the Jewish people. Josephus, even the scripture set forth affirming the sanctuary as being like the heaven and earth.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I shared with you the information:

G. K. Beale writes the following concerning the fact that the Temple in Jerusalem was a symbol or model of heaven and earth

The Old Testament temple was a microcosmic model of the entire heaven and earth.

Again, one of the most explicit texts affirming this view is Psalm 78:69, which says, (again)
“And he built the sanctuary like the heights, like the earth which he founded forever.”

Josephus himself understood the three-part structure of the taber- nacle to signify something interesting (which will be of interest to our flat earther fans out there) that the tripartite structure of the temple was a shadow of the earth and sea and heaven itself, saying,

“the earth = outer court, and the sea = inner court, but the third portion = the holy of holies, was reserved for God alone, because before the resurrection heaven was inaccessible to men.” (Antiquities 3.181)

Further Information:

EXCERPT: Revelation 21 - Information from commentary

It’s just historical evidence that is being looked upon. It has nothing to do with theology, exactly. It is a look at what the temple was considered to be by the Jewish people. Josephus, even the scripture set forth affirming the sanctuary as being like the heaven and earth.

Please give me quotes from your sources. All i am getting is your opinions. G. K. Beale was an Amil Idealist like me. He was not a Full Preterist heretic. It seems like you are winging it!

Reactions: rwb

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your comments to the shared information are unnecessary. There are people out here who simply just desire to win an argument and feel as though they are right and can have a sense of control or providence over someone else. They are something consider, and also the information that was shared about the temple was true. God would show up in the holy of Holies in temple in Jerusalem. That is founded in the Old Testament. Now today people are the temple of God, whom are born again and made alive by the quickening spirit. There has been enough information that has been shared, and it doesn’t matter to me if people either consider it or reject it, its highly sensible if they will consider the first century Christian’s and the promises made by Jesus and the apostle and consider the revelation and all of its dreaded horrors that thankfully will never come about today: unless you believe there is another time that was to come and there was never to be just a one time event.

My suggestion is death - everyone will see Jesus - that is something I believe by faith but don’t know; but maybe he is the one who brings forth judgment and brings the resurrection spiritual body upon you in the heavenly realm.

Just good hope and faith in Jesus and his resurrection because the resurrection is where a person starts to build up their spiritual walk by walking in spirit and walking by faith, with prayers and supplications for all people, even one’s own enemies; and to continue to share the gospel with others to hear the stories about him and his people who went forth to spread his name, who died for him and where resurrected to be in the heavenly realm which was sought after those who had faith and sought after God in the Old Testament after Jesus had came: which he now gives us life, new life by this spirit of Christ, and the Holy Spirit of God.

It is a lot to read but I don’t have much more to share on my thoughts on the subject, wpm. I will love you either way and hope you have a good day. Thank you for being so curious as it has been a helpful reminder of my faith that Jesus wouldn’t have tried to trick people into believing lies; and Jesus would come back only one time in his real flesh and those who were of faith seen him during the terrible times the wrath of God had begun to fall on Jerusalem. That seems to be the narrative when a person really takes time to read the Gospel, all four of them and really seeking for truth. The prophets of the Old Testament and the apostles of the apostolic record.

May God guide by the spirit to the truth which sets people free from traditions of man, bondage to religion, bondage to sin and bondage from being spiritually dead. Jesus sets people for to have liberation and to love God and love others.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preterists have to ignore/reject many clear Scriptures that teach a prolonged period of time in-between the two comings of Christ. That is because what they have been taught contradicts the clear and repeated teaching of the NT. I want to look at some of the strong biblical evidence that forbids Preterism. This is just one of many issues that negate this doctrine.
You are that preterist you talk about, big smiles

You falsely believe and teach that the "Great Tribulation" seen in Matthew 24:21 was fulfilled in 70AD Roman Soldiers destroying Jerusalem, 100% preterism

You go even farther in falsely claiming that the words in Matthew 24:29 "Immediately After The Tribulation Of Those Days" is a completely different time of tribulation than Matthew 24:21

Yes you falsely claim a tribulation in 70AD and a different tribulation just prior to the future second coming

The reader will closely note the reading is "Continuous" between verses 21 & 29 explaining events of the very same tribulation seen, no 2,000 year gap is seen as the poster falsely claims

The reader will closely note that the time of great tribulation as described in Matthew 24:21 "No, Nor Ever Shall Be" will be the greatest in this earth's history, and the false preterist claim of 70AD doesn't fit the description, this is "Future"

Reformed preterist eschatology regarding "The Great Tribulation" is nothing more than bend, twist, and tear, at the truth of God's words

Please explain how you have a 70AD "Great Tribulation" and Jesus returning in the clouds of heaven "Immediately After" the tribulation of "Those Days" in 70AD?

Yes the second coming seen is "Future" but "The Great Tribulation" seen is "Future" also, and it didn't take place in 70AD as you claim

"Immediately After" doesn't equate into 2,000 years and waiting, it's that simple

"No, Nor Ever Shall Be"? World War II with 70 million casualties dwarfs reformed escgatology's "Laughable Claim" of 70AD fulfillment

Your reformed preterist interpretation "Fails" yet you will cling to it like a Millennialist does to a fairy tale Kingdom on this earth

Jesus Is The Lord

Matthew 24:21-22 & 29-31KJV
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Last edited:

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your comments to the shared information are unnecessary. There are people out here who simply just desire to win an argument and feel as though they are right and can have a sense of control or providence over someone else. They are something consider, and also the information that was shared about the temple was true. God would show up in the holy of Holies in temple in Jerusalem. That is founded in the Old Testament. Now today people are the temple of God, whom are born again and made alive by the quickening spirit. There has been enough information that has been shared, and it doesn’t matter to me if people either consider it or reject it, its highly sensible if they will consider the first century Christian’s and the promises made by Jesus and the apostle and consider the revelation and all of its dreaded horrors that thankfully will never come about today: unless you believe there is another time that was to come and there was never to be just a one time event.

My suggestion is death - everyone will see Jesus - that is something I believe by faith but don’t know; but maybe he is the one who brings forth judgment and brings the resurrection spiritual body upon you in the heavenly realm.

Just good hope and faith in Jesus and his resurrection because the resurrection is where a person starts to build up their spiritual walk by walking in spirit and walking by faith, with prayers and supplications for all people, even one’s own enemies; and to continue to share the gospel with others to hear the stories about him and his people who went forth to spread his name, who died for him and where resurrected to be in the heavenly realm which was sought after those who had faith and sought after God in the Old Testament after Jesus had came: which he now gives us life, new life by this spirit of Christ, and the Holy Spirit of God.

It is a lot to read but I don’t have much more to share on my thoughts on the subject, wpm. I will love you either way and hope you have a good day. Thank you for being so curious as it has been a helpful reminder of my faith that Jesus wouldn’t have tried to trick people into believing lies; and Jesus would come back only one time in his real flesh and those who were of faith seen him during the terrible times the wrath of God had begun to fall on Jerusalem. That seems to be the narrative when a person really takes time to read the Gospel, all four of them and really seeking for truth. The prophets of the Old Testament and the apostles of the apostolic record.

May God guide by the spirit to the truth which sets people free from traditions of man, bondage to religion, bondage to sin and bondage from being spiritually dead. Jesus sets people for to have liberation and to love God and love others.

Please address the Op and stop derailing. You have provided no quotes from your sources. You have failed to address the Op that exposes your theology.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But you are forcing a doctrine using one Scripture without considering all that Christ has said. There were indeed faithful saints in the first century AD whom the Lord saw as already being ready for harvest. But they are not wheat alone, but growing together with the tares. None of faith shall be harvested until all who shall also be of faith with them are harvested together. The time of the harvest when all the wheat shall be harvested together shall be the end of the world when Christ shall send His angels to reap His harvest, and the tares gathered and burned up. This did not happen in the first century AD.

John 4:35 (KJV) Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

Matthew 13:30 (KJV) Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Matthew 13:38-43 (KJV) The
field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Josephus is a historian
Josephus AKA Joseph ben Matityahu

He was a traitor to his military ranks as a Jewish military commander, who abandoned his military and defected to the enemy of the time in the Roman Empire

Josephus the traitor was the propaganda general of the Roman Empire, he lived lavishly at the Emperors expense, and produced history in propaganda that favored the Emperors and Rome, sorta like Hitlers Joseph Goebbels

Josephus was a flagrant Adulterer, divorcing and marrying many wives, and given over to the philosophical teachings of Philo from Alexandria

Josephus = Traitor, Adulterer, And Romes Propaganda General

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Josephus AKA Joseph ben Matityahu

He was a traitor to his military ranks as a Jewish military commander, who abandoned his military and defected to the enemy of the time in the Roman Empire

Josephus the traitor was the propaganda general of the Roman Empire, he lived lavishly at the Emperors expense, and produced history in propaganda that favored the Emperors and Rome, sorta like Hitlers Joseph Goebbels

Josephus was a flagrant Adulterer, divorcing and marrying many wives, and given over to philosophy teachings by Philo of Alexandria

Josephus, Traitor, Adulterer And Romes propaganda general
Moses was a murderer and Rahab a Harlot.

Still significant to say the least, to have written about such history, concerning the destruction and the events happening in that intertestimonial time.

Just as Moses, a Murderer had wrote the things that happened in which the Nation of Israel had been established with the first 5 books of the Bible. Paul also was a murder, having killed and persecuted Christian’s until the Lord revealed himself to him.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moses was a murderer and Rahab a Harlot.

Still significant to say the least, to have written about such history, concerning the destruction and the events happening in that intertestimonial time.

Just as Moses, a Murderer had wrote the things that happened in which the Nation of Israel had been established with the first 5 books of the Bible. Paul also was a murder, having killed and persecuted Christian’s until the Lord revealed himself to him.
The difference between Josephus and Moses, Rahab, and Paul, is that they found faith in God

Josephus died a traitor, adulterer, and a Roman propaganda general

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We find parallel accounts in Mark 13 and Luke 19. In Mark’s account we learn: “For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch” (Mark 13:34).

In Luke 19:12-13 we read: “A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.”

As we piece these 3 accounts together, we grasp the fulness of the whole parable. Here Christ is speaking of the intra-Advent period. He is talking about the kingdom authority that was delegated to God’s people during the intra-Advent period. These servants were given “authority” and ordered to “Occupy till I come.” This assignment is still ongoing. The kingdom is still growing, and will do until the end (His coming), when it will be handed over to His Father. We are still ruling and reigning "in Christ." The gates of hell cannot prevail aginst the Church of Jesus Christ on this earth in this intra-Advent period. We are still invading the devil's kingdom with the glorious Gospel of Christ. Men and women, boys and girls, are still getting saved. We are still in the day of salvation. That ends when Jesus returns.
I basically agree with you that Christ did not come with his Kingdom in 70 AD. Preterism, as such, is unbiblical. You seem to be referring to Full Preterism. Partial Preterism would see things differently, though I am not that either.

The only issue I would take with you is the idea that the Kingdom is being realized in the present age. The "kingdom" that is delivered over to the Father at Christ's 2nd Coming is the "kingdom of this world"--not the Kingdom of Christ.

On the other hand, we would both agree that the work of the Kingdom is being realized (though not the Kingdom itself). Preaching the Gospel is bringing people into the Kingdom of God, and as such, the work of the Kingdom is being done.

That being said, this is more an argument over semantics, and I would not take away from your main argument that Preterism is wrong. I completely agree with your view of the Scriptures in this regard. Needs to be said. Amen.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All may decide for themselves; no gun as been forced to the head of anyone. Praise God. It’s always about faith, hope, love.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The difference between Josephus and Moses, Rahab, and Paul, is that they found faith in God

Josephus died a traitor, adulterer, and a Roman propaganda general
And? He had no historical value is what seems to be suggested. You point all these negatives of the person and added nothing much of what he did write about and see, that seems useless.

But hey people are suppose to trust the Bible nothing outside the source otherwise people think you are gonna be deceived and lead astray, right? How dare anyone check historical events that could be the sign of the times? God forbid it! According to most here.

And truth can be hard to accept,

Jesus never lied to that generation that would see things come about which would dawn nearer and nearer until the bride of Christ was taken. But that doesn’t mean there is not more to come after the first.

Many to guarded by traditional teachs of man about Jesus coming back doesn’t mean the tradition is right? Or if your family believes he is coming back it doesn’t mean they are right, you must be encouraged to think for one self than with the collective majority. That will an can make a target of persecution out of you but stand firm on what is you find true in the narrative, cause either one will side with Christ? Another may side wit man instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All may decide for themselves; no gun as been forced to the head of anyone. Praise God. It’s always about faith, hope, love.

So, why come unto this thread and engage when you refuse to address the evidence presented in the Op? Obviously if you had a rebuttal you would have given it by now.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only issue I would take with you is the idea that the Kingdom is being realized in the present age. The "kingdom" that is delivered over to the Father at Christ's 2nd Coming is the "kingdom of this world"--not the Kingdom of Christ.
I'm not waiting to be translated into the Kingdom of Jesus Christ, it has already happened long ago, "Past Tense"

Read it again and again

"HATH" not "WILL"

Jesus will hand over "His Kingdom", not Satan's worldly kingdom of darkness, as you falsely claim

Colossians 1:13KJV
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Last edited:

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, why come unto this thread and engage when you refuse to address the evidence presented? Obviously if you had a rebuttal you would have given it by now.

AGENDA!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, why come unto this thread and engage when you refuse to address the evidence presented? Obviously if you had a rebuttal you would have given it by now.
The evidence presented was presented to people way longer ago than before we were even thought of existing. People dismiss the fact of a living, breathing, community of Jewish people that were among the Lord when he had come. There are promised prophecies about the divorcing of the nation of Israel for their crimes. Even though our own sin put Jesus on the cross which he willingly took for us. Israel was under a different set of rules compared to the gentiles; in which the wrath of God was to come upon them materially destroying everything leaving them desolated.

Because of these evidences, are reason to support and believe Jesus and his words and his apostles words.

Jesus said it would be a one time event that would never happen again, and said it would be within that generation to come about upon them.

These are direct evidences and examples of the promises of Jesus to come.

So if Jesus never came?

Throw away your bibles, you should not trust it. Jesus is a liar to those people then, and that one time event is never gonna happen anyway; which did in fact happen in seeing that Jesus prophecy in those days came true as his dawning of his arrival had slowly approached giving time for people to turn, or not in which they would suffer the wrath of God.

In revelations it talks about the plagues and boils all being poured out on to the earth the land, Jerusalem for whoring around and as divorced materially and the bride taken spiritually were the ones whom saved from those horrors that came upon them, but many discredit the first people whom came upon these discoveries as they were living in the very time of seeing it all come about.

The kingdom today is heavenly, and people become part of the kingdom by faith.