THE FULFILLMENT OF DANIEL 9

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After going back and reading some of your earlier posts, I would ask you the same questions. What has this thread got to do with Daniel 9?

Simple enough question for you to answer. However, in one of the posts that I read you were suggesting that Daniel 9:25 has to do with the time period around 1920 AD.

That is not what many peoples understand.

You are welcome to present what you believe your "god" enlightened you with, with respect to what you have presented in this thread, but please do not expect me to endorse your understanding and agree with it.
I was sent by Jesus to present the correct teachings to whoever will listen. It between you and Jesus if you listen to His corrections or not. As I already posted as we move closer to the end those who are teaching false teachings will not be able to stand and in fact will be purged in order to keep the end times prophetic message pure.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You view of Dan 9 contradicts Dan 9 and Dan 8.
When the angel Gabriel told Daniel in Dan 9:22: “I have now come forth to give you insight with understanding”, he was telling him that he had come to give him understanding of the vision that he had seen previously and recorded in Dan 8, that according to Dan 8:27 astounded him and he wanted to understand it, but there was no one to explain it to him.
Dan. 8:27 Then I, Daniel, was exhausted and sick for days. Then I got up again and carried on the king’s business; but I was astounded at the vision, and there was none to explain it.

When Dan 8:19 states: And he said, "Behold, I am going to let you know what will occur at the final period of the indignation, for it pertains to the appointed time of the end, it is telling us that the vision in Dan 8 pertains to the end of the end times and this means that when Gabriel told Daniel in the vision in Dan 9 that he had come to give him understanding, he was telling him that he had come to give him understanding of the end times.

In Dan 9:24, Gabriel told Daniel that the vision he had seen in Dan 8 and the events he was about to share with him, pertain to the decree to put an end to sin, bring in everlasting righteousness and seal up prophecy in Jerusalem, which we know is completed when Jesus begins reigning from Jerusalem for a 1000 years. Dan. 9:24-26 tells us this time period is labeled 70 weeks and that it is divided into a 7 week period of time, a 62 week period of time and a 1 week period of time.
Dan. 9:24 “Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy place. 25 “So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress. 26 “Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary.

It is your interpretation that is in error.

You might start with the time "decreed for your people." The time of "transgression" is included. According to scripture, when was that-- at the end of the end as you believe? No, but at the beginning.

And when is the time "until Messiah?" Surely it is the time before Christ.

And when do "the people of the prince" (of Messiah/Christ) trample Jerusalem underfoot, if not during the times of the gentiles until they are fulfilled? Luke 21:24

If you do not see that all these things described in Daniel's prophecy began in the beginning and do not end until the end, which is all of time from beginning to end-- then you have believed the "lie" that has led to "strong delusion."

"Strong delusion" was foretold, and has come. But so was being led "unto all truth" also foretold. But no one who does not come out of strong delusion will receive all truth until the end. Revelation 18:4 Therefore, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is your interpretation that is in error.

You might start with the time "decreed for your people." The time of "transgression" is included. According to scripture, when was that-- at the end of the end as you believe? No, but at the beginning.

And when is the time "until Messiah?" Surely it is the time before Christ.

And when do "the people of the prince" (of Messiah/Christ) trample Jerusalem underfoot, if not during the times of the gentiles until they are fulfilled? Luke 21:24

If you do not see that all these things described in Daniel's prophecy began in the beginning and do not end until the end, which is all of time from beginning to end-- then you have believed the "lie" that has led to "strong delusion."

"Strong delusion" was foretold, and has come. But so was being led "unto all truth" also foretold. But no one who does not come out of strong delusion will receive all truth until the end. Revelation 18:4 Therefore, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Take notice, you did not post the other scripture that your view contradicts; as if doing this will somehow make it go away.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take notice, you did not post the other scripture that your view contradicts; as if doing this will somehow make it go away.

Did you point out a contradiction...other than your interpretation? I explained that, that your idea of "the last of the last days" is your own term not mentioned in the prophecy. To the contrary, the prophecy simply states the time as "the time of the end."

Do you not understand that the "time of the end" encompasses all times under the care of Jesus who is called "the End?"

In any case, you are not being clear about your objections. I just showed you the biblical parameters described in Danial 8 and 9 that supersede your idea, showing you in error. Now if you don't follow or understand, or just want to ignore that clear distinction, which is it-- because you seem to want to just blow it off?

Last edited:

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you point out a contradiction...other than your interpretation? I explained that, that your idea of "the last of the last days" is your own term not mentioned in the prophecy. To the contrary, the prophecy simply states the time as "the time of the end."

Do you not understand that the "time of the end" encompasses all times under the care of Jesus who is called "the End?"

In any case, you are not being clear about your objections. I just showed you the biblical parameters described in Danial 8 and 9 that supersede your idea, showing you in error. Now if you don't follow or understand, or just want to ignore that clear distinction, which is it-- because you seem to want to just blow it off?

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

These scriptures clearly tell us the vision pertains the end of the end times, which rules out the crucifixion of Jesus.
When the angel Gabriel told Daniel in Dan 9:22: “I have now come forth to give you insight with understanding”, he was telling him that he had come to give him understanding of the vision that he had seen previously and recorded in Dan 8, which according to Dan 8:27 astounded him and he wanted to understand it, but there was no one to explain it to him.
Dan. 8:27 Then I, Daniel, was exhausted and sick for days. Then I got up again and carried on the king’s business; but I was astounded at the vision, and there was none to explain it.

When Dan 8:19 states: And he said, "Behold, I am going to let you know what will occur at the final period of the indignation, for it pertains to the appointed time of the end, it is telling us that the vision in Dan 8 pertains to the end of the end times and this means that when Gabriel told Daniel in the vision in Dan 9 that he had come to give him understanding, he was telling him that he had come to give him understanding of the end times.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
These scriptures clearly tell us the vision pertains the end of the end times, which rules out the crucifixion of Jesus.
When the angel Gabriel told Daniel in Dan 9:22: “I have now come forth to give you insight with understanding”, he was telling him that he had come to give him understanding of the vision that he had seen previously and recorded in Dan 8, which according to Dan 8:27 astounded him and he wanted to understand it, but there was no one to explain it to him.

Nothing to do with Daniel 8. Gabriel's response was to Daniel's supplications in Daniel 9:

Daniel 9
23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.

These supplications are referenced in the preceding verses:

Daniel 9
3 And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes:
17 Now therefore, O our God, hear the prayer of thy servant, and his supplications, and cause thy face to shine upon thy sanctuary that is desolate, for the Lord's sake.
18 O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies.
20 And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God for the holy mountain of my God;

They were supplications for the sin of Daniel and Israel. (Daniel 9:20)

There are no supplications in Daniel 8, and no supplications in Daniel 9 relating to Daniel 8.

The vision to which Gabriel refers in Daniel 9:23 is that which he then relays to Daniel in Daniel 9:24-27.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Okay, I hear you and have heard you, but none of that indicates that the "appointed time of the end" is specifically at the end of history, as you seem to believe.

On the contrary, and I repeat, all time is "end time"-- which is to say, all times reveal sin and bring and end to death, which began in the beginning. This is the greater scope of Daniel's prophecy--that all of time and creation is the overall plan of God to eliminate evil. Thus, the all-encompassing summarization given by Danial leaves nothing out of all time, but states all time as being included, as, "a time, times, and half a time"--leaving out no other times before or after. I submit therefore, that according to men and the teachings of men, "times" are relative to their own times of days and weeks and years; but according to God as the Author of Daniel's prophecy, "time" and "times" is rather relative to all from beginning to end.

But if one does not look at Jesus "as He is" as over all, such do not see or consider the overall truth of what is written. In other words, we are fully capable of viewing things as God views things, or as men view things--and it is by that same measure that it is given to us; while the foretold "lie" that causes "strong delusion", is instead to see all things as they themselves are, rather than "as He is."

And this was the astounding of Daniel-- that men, by their own measure, would not see all until the end.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I was studying world history Jesus revealed to me that when the Jews began returning to Jerusalem after WW I, in 1920, which was halted in 1939 and then resumed after WW II, are part of the fulfillment of the restoration of Israel described in Dan 9.

When the angel Gabriel told Daniel in Dan 9:22: “I have now come forth to give you insight with understanding”, he was telling him that he had come to give him understanding of the vision that he had seen previously and recorded in Dan 8, that according to Dan 8:27 astounded him and he wanted to understand it, but there was no one to explain it to him.

In Dan 9:24, Gabriel told Daniel that the vision he had seen in Dan 8 and the events he was about to share with him, pertain to the decree to put an end to sin, bring in everlasting righteousness and seal up prophecy in Jerusalem, which we know is completed when Jesus begins reigning from Jerusalem for a 1000 years. Dan. 9:24-26 tells us this time period is labeled 70 weeks and that it is divided into a 7 week period of time, a 62 week period of time and a 1 week period of time.

Dan. 9:24 “Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy place. 25 “So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress. 26 “Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary.

We know the 70 weeks described in Dan 9:24 are symbolic because the Jews have been restoring Jerusalem for more than 92 years and because the 2300 days described in Dan 8:13-14 that lapse between the time the Antichrist first arises and Jesus begins reigning for a 1000 years from Jerusalem, which is part of the restoration of Jerusalem, is longer than 70 weeks.
Dan 8:13-14 Then I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to that particular one who was speaking, “ How long will the vision about the regular sacrifice apply, while the transgression causes horror, so as to allow both the holy place and the host to be trampled?” 14 He said to me, “For 2,300 evenings and mornings; then the holy place will be properly restored.”

Is 4:2 tells us sin will end in Jerusalem when the 1000 years begins because it explains that the only people who will be in Jerusalem at that time will be those whose names are found written in the Book of Life.
Is. 4:2 In that day the Branch of the LORD will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth will be the pride and the adornment of the survivors of Israel. 3 It will come about that he who is left in Zion and remains in Jerusalem will be called holy — everyone who is recorded for life in Jerusalem.

Dan 9:25 tells us that the 70 weeks began when God decreed the restoration of Israel when it states: “So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.

Luke 19:44 tells us the restoration of Israel described in Dan.9, is the result of Israel being dispersed because they did not recognize Jesus as the Messiah. This was fulfilled in 70 AD when the Romans destroyed the temple and dispersed the Jews.
Luke 19:44 and they will level you to the ground and your children within you, and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not recognize the time of your visitation.”

One day as I was studying world history Jesus revealed to me that the seven weeks described in Dan 9:25 began after WW I on April 25, 1920 when the Balfore Declaration was made part of the the Treaty of Versailles and the Jews officially began to return to Israel. This led me to understand that the seven weeks ended in1939 when Britain issued the White Paper and placed a naval blockade along the coast of Israel to stop the Jews from returning to Israel.

The sixty two week longer period of time began after WW II on Nov. 29, 1947 when the General Assembly of the United Nations voted in favor of partitioning Palestine and for the second time the Jews officially began returning to Israel. On May 14, 1948, after the last British soldier left, Israel became a nation and was immediately recognized by the United States and the Soviet Union.

We are currently in the 62 week period of time and so far it includes the 1948 War of Independence, the 1956 Sinai War, the 1967 Six Day War, the 1971 Yom Kippur War, the Palestinian rioting and the 2006 Hezbollah War.

Dan 9:26-27 tells us that the seventieth week begins when the Antichrist emerges on the scene and makes a peace treaty between many nations and Israel and ends when Jesus completes the destruction of the False Prophet, who is the one who makes desolate, and the Antichrist, when according to Rev.20:20 He throws them into the lake of Fire alive and He begins reigning from Jerusalem for a 1000 years. A Jewish boy named Natan saw in a dream that the Antichrist’s armies depicted in Rev.20:21 will be destroyed by a worldwide Jericho wall collapse like event.
Dan 9:26-27 “Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined. 27 “And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate.”
Rev. 20:20 And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which came from the mouth of Him who sat upon the horse, and all the birds were filled with their flesh.

As I was sharing this insight with other believers I found that many churches are teaching that Dan 9 is a prophetic vision of the crucifixion of Jesus. They claim that when Gabriel said in Dan 9:27 that the Messiah would be cut off, he was describing the crucifixion of Jesus. However, when you take into consideration that Gabriel also told Daniel that before the Messiah would be cut off, there would be a man who would make a covenant with many and that when he breaks it, this will result in the Messiah being cut off, and that at that time he and the one who makes desolate would remove the regular sacrifice, you can see that the idea that the vision pertains to when Jesus was crucified does not fit what is described in the vision. We know that there was no covenant that was made prior to Jesus being crucified that when it was broken resulted in the crucifixion of Jesus and we also know that the regular sacrifice was not removed when Jesus was crucified.

As I mentioned previously, we can also see that this vision is not about the crucifixion of Jesus because Gabriel told Daniel he had come to give him understanding and when he said this, he was telling him that he had come to him to give him understanding of the vision he had recorded in Dan 8, which according to Dan 8:14 pertains to the end of the end times.

We can also see that that vision does not pertain to the crucifixion of Jesus because in Dan 9:24-25 Gabriel told Daniel that the vision pertained to restoration and rebuilding of the city of Jerusalem and we know that at the time Jesus was crucified Jerusalem was not being restored and it was not being rebuilt.

As you can see the insights that Jesus revealed to me regarding the fulfillment of the 7 weeks and the 62 weeks coincide with the restoration of Jerusalem and the time period that the restoration of Jerusalem takes place, described in the vision.
The people who occupy the ancient land of Israel ain't Abraham's descendants...they're descendants of the pagan Khazarian Empire which hijacked Judaism after Judah and the slight remains of Benjamin were carried away in 70 A.D. While the men were castrated or sent to slave away in mines or ships or forced to fight, Jewish women were treated no differently than was the custom: rape, sex slavery, forced marriage, forced childbearing for infant sacrifice, etc. If it only took a few hundred years for the Ten Northern tribes to become hopelessly diluted, how much more diluted did Judah become after being scattered to the pagan nations for almost 2,000 years?

The church is "the Israel of God" who "walk by this rule" of a "new creature" in Christ Jesus (Galatians 6:15-16 KJV).

Reactions: covenantee

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The people who occupy the ancient land of Israel ain't Abraham's descendants...they're descendants of the pagan Khazarian Empire which hijacked Judaism after Judah and the slight remains of Benjamin were carried away in 70 A.D. While the men were castrated or sent to slave away in mines or ships or forced to fight, Jewish women were treated no differently than was the custom: rape, sex slavery, forced marriage, forced childbearing for infant sacrifice, etc. If it only took a few hundred years for the Ten Northern tribes to become hopelessly diluted, how much more diluted did Judah become after being scattered to the pagan nations for almost 2,000 years?
It is my understanding that anyone born of a Jewish mother is Jewish. Under these conditions, how are these bloodlines diluted? God knows who His people are.

The church is "the Israel of God" who "walk by this rule" of a "new creature" in Christ Jesus (Galatians 6:15-16 KJV).
I believe the Word says that there are two folds that are brought into one. That is why the Church is raptured pre trib and then there are 144,000 first fruits from the 12 tribes that are the next harvest. Both will be brought into one-fold at the gathering from heaven and earth at the 6th seal. The one-fold is the great multitude of Revelation 7.

John 10
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one-fold, and one shepherd.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God knows who His people are.
Acts 10
34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeffweeder

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is my understanding that anyone born of a Jewish mother is Jewish.
Romans 2
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Reactions: jeffweeder

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 10
34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
Two into one-fold. No replacement.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is no respecter of persons.
Say whatever you want. It doesn't change scripture.

John 10
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one-fold, and one shepherd.

Also, it's all about the timing.

Romans 11
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Say whatever you want. It doesn't change scripture.

John 10

Also, it's all about the timing.

Romans 11
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Timeless.