THE FULFILLMENT OF DANIEL 9

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
5loaves2fishes.wixsite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
We know the 70 weeks described in Dan 9:24 are symbolic

70 weeks are literal 7 day periods, or 490 literal days.

Theories. :IDK: Now for some common sense. The 70 weeks are one and the same as the Sabbatical cycles as established by Moses in Leviticus 25. These cycles, similar to our ‘decadal’ system, formed the original Hebrew calendar, had no gaps, and extended from Moses to Christ.

Despite Israels frequent backsliding, the cycle of ‘weeks’ were followed by the prophets, and can be tracked by a careful study of chronology though the historical books.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I mentioned previously, we can also see that this vision is not about the crucifixion of Jesus because Gabriel told Daniel he had come to give him understanding and when he said this, he was telling him that he had come to him to give him understanding of the vision he had recorded in Dan 8, which according to Dan 8:14 pertains to the end of the end times.

We can also see that that vision does not pertain to the crucifixion of Jesus because in Dan 9:24-25 Gabriel told Daniel that the vision pertained to restoration and rebuilding of the city of Jerusalem and we know that at the time Jesus was crucified Jerusalem was not being restored and it was not being rebuilt.

As you can see the insights that Jesus revealed to me regarding the fulfillment of the 7 weeks and the 62 weeks coincide with the restoration of Jerusalem and the time period that the restoration of Jerusalem takes place, described in the vision.

You are repeating the common misunderstanding which is due to unbelieve of things fulfilled, which is that foretold "lie" from "false teachers" among the church leading to "strong delusion."

Truth is, there are only two "times" referred to in all of scripture and summarized and confirmed in Daniel's prophecy, in the midst of which Messiah was indeed "cut off", marking the beginning of the time of the end--that is, the time of Christ, who is also known by name as "the End."

The "lie" then, is the false teaching of the so-called "seventieth week" or "gap theory" being only in the distant future. Which has been believed by those who have not believed what Jesus said of His return which would not occur "by observation", but would be unseen like "the wind", having given the terms saying, "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes." Thus, not seeing and not hearing many have not believed, even against His counsel, saying, "He who has an ear, let him hear."

But, not to worry, He also promised that we would be led "unto all truth."

Last edited:

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are repeating the common misunderstanding which is due to unbelieve of things fulfilled, which is that foretold "lie" from "false teachers" among the church leading to "strong delusion."

Truth is, there are only two "times" referred to in all of scripture and summarized and confirmed in Daniel's prophecy, in the midst of which Messiah was indeed "cut off", marking the beginning of the time of the end--that is, the time of Christ, who is also known by name as "the End."

The "lie" then, is the false teaching of the so-called "seventieth week" or "gap theory" being only in the distant future. Which has been believed by those who have not believed what Jesus said of His return which would not occur "by observation", but would be unseen like "the wind", having given the terms saying, "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes." Thus, not seeing and not hearing many have not believed, even against His counsel, saying, "He who has an ear, let him hear."

But, not to worry, He also promised that we would be led "unto all truth."
Dan. 11:35 “And some of those who have insight will fall, in order to refine, purge, and make them pure, until the end time; because it is still to come at the appointed time.
Dan. 12:10 “ Many will be purged, purified and refined; but the wicked will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand, but those who have insight will understand.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Theories. :IDK: Now for some common sense. The 70 weeks are one and the same as the Sabbatical cycles as established by Moses in Leviticus 25. These cycles, similar to our ‘decadal’ system, formed the original Hebrew calendar, had no gaps, and extended from Moses to Christ.

Despite Israels frequent backsliding, the cycle of ‘weeks’ were followed by the prophets, and can be tracked by a careful study of chronology though the historical books.
I was taught by Jesus through the scriptures, which are for teaching and correction. You obviously believed academia which anyone that has been called by Jesus to study the scriptures knows they contradicted the scriptures below.
When the angel Gabriel told Daniel in Dan 9:22: “I have now come forth to give you insight with understanding”, he was telling him that he had come to give him understanding of the vision that he had seen previously and recorded in Dan 8, that according to Dan 8:27 astounded him and he wanted to understand it, but there was no one to explain it to him.
Dan. 8:27 Then I, Daniel, was exhausted and sick for days. Then I got up again and carried on the king’s business; but I was astounded at the vision, and there was none to explain it.

When Dan 8:19 states: And he said, "Behold, I am going to let you know what will occur at the final period of the indignation, for it pertains to the appointed time of the end, it is telling us that the vision in Dan 8 pertains to the end of the end times and this means that when Gabriel told Daniel in the vision in Dan 9 that he had come to give him understanding, he was telling him that he had come to give him understanding of the end times.

In Dan 9:24, Gabriel told Daniel that the vision he had seen in Dan 8 and the events he was about to share with him, pertain to the decree to put an end to sin, bring in everlasting righteousness and seal up prophecy in Jerusalem, which we know is completed when Jesus begins reigning from Jerusalem for a 1000 years. Dan. 9:24-26 tells us this time period is labeled 70 weeks and that it is divided into a 7 week period of time, a 62 week period of time and a 1 week period of time.
Dan. 9:24 “Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy place. 25 “So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress. 26 “Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dan. 11:35 “And some of those who have insight will fall, in order to refine, purge, and make them pure, until the end time; because it is still to come at the appointed time.
Dan. 12:10 “ Many will be purged, purified and refined; but the wicked will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand, but those who have insight will understand.

And so the "lie" continues until the end, for it is also written, "but each one in his own order."

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Provide just one name, source, date, and verbatim quote from a recognized historical orthodox Christian exegete who agrees with you.

Just one.
I was taught by Jesus through the scriptures, which are for teaching and correction. You obviously believed academia which anyone that has been called by Jesus to study the scriptures knows they contradict the scriptures below.
When the angel Gabriel told Daniel in Dan 9:22: “I have now come forth to give you insight with understanding”, he was telling him that he had come to give him understanding of the vision that he had seen previously and recorded in Dan 8, that according to Dan 8:27 astounded him and he wanted to understand it, but there was no one to explain it to him.
Dan. 8:27 Then I, Daniel, was exhausted and sick for days. Then I got up again and carried on the king’s business; but I was astounded at the vision, and there was none to explain it.

When Dan 8:19 states: And he said, "Behold, I am going to let you know what will occur at the final period of the indignation, for it pertains to the appointed time of the end, it is telling us that the vision in Dan 8 pertains to the end of the end times and this means that when Gabriel told Daniel in the vision in Dan 9 that he had come to give him understanding, he was telling him that he had come to give him understanding of the end times.

In Dan 9:24, Gabriel told Daniel that the vision he had seen in Dan 8 and the events he was about to share with him, pertain to the decree to put an end to sin, bring in everlasting righteousness and seal up prophecy in Jerusalem, which we know is completed when Jesus begins reigning from Jerusalem for a 1000 years. Dan. 9:24-26 tells us this time period is labeled 70 weeks and that it is divided into a 7 week period of time, a 62 week period of time and a 1 week period of time.
Dan. 9:24 “Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy place. 25 “So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress. 26 “Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so the "lie" continues until the end, for it is also written, "but each one in his own order."
I was taught by Jesus through the scriptures, which are for teaching and correction. You obviously believed academia which anyone that has studied the scriptures knows they contradict the scriptures below.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was taught by Jesus through the scriptures, which are for teaching and correction. You obviously believed academia which anyone that has studied the scriptures knows they contradict the scriptures below.

You are repeating yourself. I read your explanation already. I understand.

You are a good student and follower of Christ--I get that. But what was written (penned) was limited by what the writers could "not bear" then. To the contrary, what I have told you is according to the sounding of the seventh angel which was to come. Indeed, even "all truth" promised by Jesus was not to be until "the appointed time of the end."

But perhaps you did not read my explanation, or just didn't understand what I wrote. If you want to know the truth notwithstanding the planned and foretold "delusion"--read it again. Awaken now or awaken later, it's one or the other.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was taught by Jesus through the scriptures, which are for teaching and correction.
No, you were not. You don't want me to say who I believe has taught you. Anyone who can't even recognize that the reference to the Messiah being cut off in Daniel 9:26 is a reference to the crucifixion of Jesus Christ has not been taught by Jesus.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was taught by Jesus through the scriptures
You weren't. You were taught by the purveyors of Darby/Scofield modernist futurism, originating in the counterfeit fabrications of the counter-Reformation's apostate Jesuit Francisco Ribera.

You would do well to investigate those origins.

FYI there is not one recognized historical defender of the orthodox Christian faith who denied that Christ fulfilled Daniel 9:24, completely and perfectly at Calvary.

Not one.

Last edited:

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are repeating yourself. I read your explanation already. I understand.

You are a good student and follower of Christ--I get that. But what was written (penned) was limited by what the writers could "not bear" then. To the contrary, what I have told you is according to the sounding of the seventh angel which was to come. Indeed, even "all truth" promised by Jesus was not to be until "the appointed time of the end."

But perhaps you did not read my explanation, or just didn't understand what I wrote. If you want to know the truth notwithstanding the planned and foretold "delusion"--read it again. Awaken now or awaken later, it's one or the other.
I didn't mean to repeat myself to you, but somehow others here are able to mix responses from different people. Lately, when I responded to posts from certain people the posts of others appeared with their post and when you don't know who is who it turns responding into chaos. However, I am sorry, but when I run into someone who springs a new way off the mark teaching like you did I don't take the time to write down all of the scriptures you contradicted, because most of the time all the work I do is ignored and I might as well be writing papers to myself. Consequently, I wish you the best and ask Jesus to deal with you.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You weren't. You were taught by the purveyors of Darby/Scofield modernist futurism, originating in the counterfeit fabrications of the counter-Reformation's apostate Jesuit Francisco Ribera.

FYI there is not one recognized historical defender of the orthodox Christian faith who denied that Christ fulfilled Daniel 9:24, completely and perfectly at Calvary.

Not one.
These scriptures reveal that you are wrong. Jesus was not crucified in the final period of indignation in the end times. Your view contradicts all of the scriptures in Dan 9 if you don't twist them, which academia in Christrianity has become infamous for doing. The problem is academia is capable of weaving elaborate lies in place of being taught by the Holy Spirit and the average Christian has been brainwashed into thinking academia is hearing from Jesus, when the truth is academia is not hearing from Jesus but rather they are engaging in carnal academic endeavors and when they do this become so focused on making what they think is correct they don't reason through the scriptures and contradict the scriptures they were suppose to be reasoning through. They are the problem not those of us Jesus was able to teach. Get right and stop teaching outright false teachings.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not one.
Scofield taught just as many false teachings as whatever group you belong to does. The fact that you do not have a testimony should be a warning flag to those who listen to your teachings. I was taught to set my mind on the Spirit of Jesus through my salvation experience and learned to walk that way. Academia is at odds with Jesus and will be purged in order to make and keep the end times messages pure as we move closer to their fulfillment.
Dan 12:10 “ Many will be purged, purified and refined; but the wicked will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand, but those who have insight will understand.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Scofield taught just as many false teachings as whatever group you belong to does.
Why then are you perpetuating his fallacies?
The fact that you do not have a testimony should be a warning flag to those who listen to your teachings.
My testimony is Christ crucified on Calvary, completely and perfectly fulfilling Daniel 9:24, affirmed by the entirety of historical orthodox defenders of the true faith.

Yours isn't.
Academia is at odds with Jesus and will be purged in order to make and keep the end times messages pure as we move closer to their fulfillment.
Explain how the countless defenders of the true faith through the centuries of the Christian Church are all "academia at odds with Jesus."

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't mean to repeat myself to you, but somehow others here are able to mix responses from different people. Lately, when I responded to posts from certain people the posts of others appeared with their post and when you don't know who is who it turns responding into chaos. However, I am sorry, but when I run into someone who springs a new way off the mark teaching like you did I don't take the time to write down all of the scriptures you contradicted, because most of the time all the work I do is ignored and I might as well be writing papers to myself. Consequently, I wish you the best and ask Jesus to deal with you.

Okay. So this isn't about you or me per se, it's about the truth from God. In which case we either align with Him or not to our own benefit or loss. The object then being truth, I suggest we get to the bottom of it. If you have found objection with anything I have written, I invite you to question or comment...which I have done with you, not of myself, but as from God. Which, as I said, is contrary to what has been taught and believed by many, but is according to the sounding of the seventh angel who was to come.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As you can see the insights that Jesus revealed to me regarding the fulfillment of the 7 weeks and the 62 weeks coincide with the restoration of Jerusalem and the time period that the restoration of Jerusalem takes place, described in the vision.
It is rather doubtful that Jesus revealed to you what you are claiming about the 70 weeks of Daniel. Sixty nine weeks (of years) were already fulfilled and the final week is still in the future.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My testimony is Christ crucified on Calvary, completely and perfectly fulfilling Daniel 9:24, affirmed by the entirety of historical orthodox defenders of the true faith.
This too is completely false. If Daniel 9:24 had been "perfectly fulfilled" there would be perfect peace and righteousness on earth. That the exact OPPOSITE is the case means that your theory is false.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This too is completely false. If Daniel 9:24 had been "perfectly fulfilled" there would be perfect peace and righteousness on earth. That the exact OPPOSITE is the case means that your theory is false.
Some of us believe:

Psalm 103
12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Hebrews 9
26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

1 John 3
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Have you told Jesus that He did not perfectly fulfill Daniel 9:24? What was His response?

Whom to believe?

1. You
2. Daniel, Jesus, the NT writers, and the entire historic orthodox Christian Church

Do you need a hint?

Last edited:

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
These scriptures reveal that you are wrong. Jesus was not crucified in the final period of indignation in the end times. Your view contradicts all of the scriptures in Dan 9 if you don't twist them, which academia in Christrianity has become infamous for doing. The problem is academia is capable of weaving elaborate lies in place of being taught by the Holy Spirit and the average Christian has been brainwashed into thinking academia is hearing from Jesus, when the truth is academia is not hearing from Jesus but rather they are engaging in carnal academic endeavors and when they do this become so focused on making what they think is correct they don't reason through the scriptures and contradict the scriptures they were suppose to be reasoning through. They are the problem not those of us Jesus was able to teach. Get right and stop teaching outright false teachings.

These are the typical claims of a cult.

What's the name of yours?