THE FULFILLMENT OF DANIEL 9

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Have you told Jesus that He did not perfectly fulfill Daniel 9:24? What was His response?
Jesus said that we have to wait for His Second Coming before Daniel 9:24 is fulfilled. After that He will establish "everlasting righteousness" on earth. Right now Satan in the god of this world, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

Reactions: jamesdalbright

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. So this isn't about you or me per se, it's about the truth from God. In which case we either align with Him or not to our own benefit or loss. The object then being truth, I suggest we get to the bottom of it. If you have found objection with anything I have written, I invite you to question or comment...which I have done with you, not of myself, but as from God. Which, as I said, is contrary to what has been taught and believed by many, but is according to the sounding of the seventh angel who was to come.
You didn't post the comment.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is rather doubtful that Jesus revealed to you what you are claiming about the 70 weeks of Daniel. Sixty nine weeks (of years) were already fulfilled and the final week is still in the future.
Good luck.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Comment #22

But why are you denying/avoiding that I have already commented? (Rhetorical)
I am led to not address whatever your comment was. If I remember your view was too far away from the scriptures to address. I wish you the best.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This too is completely false. If Daniel 9:24 had been "perfectly fulfilled" there would be perfect peace and righteousness on earth. That the exact OPPOSITE is the case means that your theory is false.
That's your false understanding of what Daniel 9:24 is about. So, tell me, when do you think this supposed perfect peace and righteousness on earth will occur that will result in the fulfillment of Daniel 9:24? I suppose your understanding of making an end of sins, for example, is that it's talking about the literal end of sin?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are the typical claims of a cult.

What's the name of yours?
There are many one person cults being represented on this forum and he is just the latest one. These narcissists think that they are so special that God has revealed the truth of these things only to them. Can you imagine how arrogant someone must be to think only he or she has the correct understanding of these things? It makes me sick.

• Angry
Reactions: covenantee

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's your false understanding of what Daniel 9:24 is about. So, tell me, when do you think this supposed perfect peace and righteousness on earth will occur that will result in the fulfillment of Daniel 9:24? I suppose your understanding of making an end of sins, for example, is that it's talking about the literal end of sin?
When like the scripture says sin is removed from Jerusalem, which occurs when the 1000 years begins, not before or afterwards.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said that we have to wait for His Second Coming before Daniel 9:24 is fulfilled.
Where did He say that?

After that He will establish "everlasting righteousness" on earth. Right now Satan in the god of this world, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
You are a Premillennialist, right? Have you never read Revelation 20:7-9? How can you say that He will establish "everlasting righteousness" on earth when He returns in light of what is described in Revelation 20:7-9, which you believe happens 1,000+ years after He returns? Doesn't seem like "everlasting righteousness" to me when you have a description of a number of people "as the sand of the sea" coming against the saints.

What you don't understand is that bringing in everlasting righteousness has to do with Jesus dying on the cross for our sins and being raised from the dead so that people would have the opportunity to have eternal life. That is what bringing in everlasting righteousness is about. Jesus accomplished everything listed in Daniel 9:24 long ago. You probably think that making an end of sins will be fulfilled when He returns, but, again, how does that make sense in light of Revelation 20:7-9? It's not talking about the literal end of sin, it's talking about how Jesus took away the sins of the world by way of His sacrifice long ago.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When like the scripture says sin is removed from Jerusalem, which occurs when the 1000 years begins, not before or afterwards.
I asked you about your claim that there would be perfect peace and righteousness on earth. And now you're just talking about Jerusalem. So, your claim instead is that there will be perfect peace and righteousness only in Jerusalem at that point? If so, where is that taught in scripture?

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus said that we have to wait for His Second Coming before Daniel 9:24 is fulfilled. After that He will establish "everlasting righteousness" on earth. Right now Satan in the god of this world, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
Paul, Peter, and John disagree with you. The word "wait" is nowhere to be seen.

1 Corinthians 1:30
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

1 Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

1 John 2:29
If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

If the already present righteousness of which they spoke was not everlasting righteousness, then when did it end?

Whom to believe?

1. You
2. Paul, Peter, and John

Do you need a hint?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am led to not address whatever your comment was. If I remember your view was too far away from the scriptures to address. I wish you the best.

Oh, you mean like when Jesus said:

Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For My flesh is [k]food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”​
...and "from that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more"-- because it was a "hard saying?"

What then is it that you seek? Apparently not eternal life. :(

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
While I was studying world history Jesus revealed to me that when the Jews began returning to Jerusalem after WW I, in 1920, which was halted in 1939 and then resumed after WW II, are part of the fulfillment of the restoration of Israel described in Dan 9.

When the angel Gabriel told Daniel in Dan 9:22: “I have now come forth to give you insight with understanding”, he was telling him that he had come to give him understanding of the vision that he had seen previously and recorded in Dan 8, that according to Dan 8:27 astounded him and he wanted to understand it, but there was no one to explain it to him.
Dan. 8:27 Then I, Daniel, was exhausted and sick for days. Then I got up again and carried on the king’s business; but I was astounded at the vision, and there was none to explain it.

When Dan 8:19 states: And he said, "Behold, I am going to let you know what will occur at the final period of the indignation, for it pertains to the appointed time of the end, it is telling us that the vision in Dan 8 pertains to the end of the end times and this means that when Gabriel told Daniel in the vision in Dan 9 that he had come to give him understanding, he was telling him that he had come to give him understanding of the end times.

In Dan 9:24, Gabriel told Daniel that the vision he had seen in Dan 8 and the events he was about to share with him, pertain to the decree to put an end to sin, bring in everlasting righteousness and seal up prophecy in Jerusalem, which we know is completed when Jesus begins reigning from Jerusalem for a 1000 years. Dan. 9:24-26 tells us this time period is labeled 70 weeks and that it is divided into a 7 week period of time, a 62 week period of time and a 1 week period of time.

Dan. 9:24 “Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy place. 25 “So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress. 26 “Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary.

We know the 70 weeks described in Dan 9:24 are symbolic because the Jews have been restoring Jerusalem for more than 92 years and because the 2300 days described in Dan 8:13-14 that lapse between the time the Antichrist first arises and Jesus begins reigning for a 1000 years from Jerusalem, which is part of the restoration of Jerusalem, is longer than 70 weeks.
Dan 8:13-14 Then I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to that particular one who was speaking, “ How long will the vision about the regular sacrifice apply, while the transgression causes horror, so as to allow both the holy place and the host to be trampled?” 14 He said to me, “For 2,300 evenings and mornings; then the holy place will be properly restored.”

Is 4:2 tells us sin will end in Jerusalem when the 1000 years begins because it explains that the only people who will be in Jerusalem at that time will be those whose names are found written in the Book of Life.
Is. 4:2 In that day the Branch of the LORD will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth will be the pride and the adornment of the survivors of Israel. 3 It will come about that he who is left in Zion and remains in Jerusalem will be called holy — everyone who is recorded for life in Jerusalem.

Dan 9:25 tells us that the 70 weeks began when God decreed the restoration of Israel when it states: “So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.

Luke 19:44 tells us the restoration of Israel described in Dan.9, is the result of Israel being dispersed because they did not recognize Jesus as the Messiah. This was fulfilled in 70 AD when the Romans destroyed the temple and dispersed the Jews.
Luke 19:44 and they will level you to the ground and your children within you, and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not recognize the time of your visitation.”

One day as I was studying world history Jesus revealed to me that the seven weeks described in Dan 9:25 began after WW I on April 25, 1920 when the Balfore Declaration was made part of the the Treaty of Versailles and the Jews officially began to return to Israel. This led me to understand that the seven weeks ended in1939 when Britain issued the White Paper and placed a naval blockade along the coast of Israel to stop the Jews from returning to Israel.

The sixty two week longer period of time began after WW II on Nov. 29, 1947 when the General Assembly of the United Nations voted in favor of partitioning Palestine and for the second time the Jews officially began returning to Israel. On May 14, 1948, after the last British soldier left, Israel became a nation and was immediately recognized by the United States and the Soviet Union.

We are currently in the 62 week period of time and so far it includes the 1948 War of Independence, the 1956 Sinai War, the 1967 Six Day War, the 1971 Yom Kippur War, the Palestinian rioting and the 2006 Hezbollah War.

Dan 9:26-27 tells us that the seventieth week begins when the Antichrist emerges on the scene and makes a peace treaty between many nations and Israel and ends when Jesus completes the destruction of the False Prophet, who is the one who makes desolate, and the Antichrist, when according to Rev.20:20 He throws them into the lake of Fire alive and He begins reigning from Jerusalem for a 1000 years. A Jewish boy named Natan saw in a dream that the Antichrist’s armies depicted in Rev.20:21 will be destroyed by a worldwide Jericho wall collapse like event.
Dan 9:26-27 “Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined. 27 “And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate.”
Rev. 20:20 And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which came from the mouth of Him who sat upon the horse, and all the birds were filled with their flesh.

As I was sharing this insight with other believers I found that many churches are teaching that Dan 9 is a prophetic vision of the crucifixion of Jesus. They claim that when Gabriel said in Dan 9:27 that the Messiah would be cut off, he was describing the crucifixion of Jesus. However, when you take into consideration that Gabriel also told Daniel that before the Messiah would be cut off, there would be a man who would make a covenant with many and that when he breaks it, this will result in the Messiah being cut off, and that at that time he and the one who makes desolate would remove the regular sacrifice, you can see that the idea that the vision pertains to when Jesus was crucified does not fit what is described in the vision. We know that there was no covenant that was made prior to Jesus being crucified that when it was broken resulted in the crucifixion of Jesus and we also know that the regular sacrifice was not removed when Jesus was crucified.

As I mentioned previously, we can also see that this vision is not about the crucifixion of Jesus because Gabriel told Daniel he had come to give him understanding and when he said this, he was telling him that he had come to him to give him understanding of the vision he had recorded in Dan 8, which according to Dan 8:14 pertains to the end of the end times.

We can also see that that vision does not pertain to the crucifixion of Jesus because in Dan 9:24-25 Gabriel told Daniel that the vision pertained to restoration and rebuilding of the city of Jerusalem and we know that at the time Jesus was crucified Jerusalem was not being restored and it was not being rebuilt.

As you can see the insights that Jesus revealed to me regarding the fulfillment of the 7 weeks and the 62 weeks coincide with the restoration of Jerusalem and the time period that the restoration of Jerusalem takes place, described in the vision.
Jesus did not reveal anything to you Mr Albright.
He revealed through Gabriel when Jesus the Messiah, the anointed one, would appear to put away sin, iniquity and transgression through the shedding of his own blood. As a consequence we are now bathed in his everlasting righteous and the holy of holies is now open and anointed to those who believe. Therefore Approach this throne of his amazing grace with confidence and thanksgiving. It is finished.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, you mean like when Jesus said:

Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For My flesh is [k]food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”​
...and "from that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more"-- because it was a "hard saying?"

What then is it that you seek? Apparently not eternal life. :(
This has nothing do with Dan 9.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This has nothing do with Dan 9.

After going back and reading some of your earlier posts, I would ask you the same questions. What has this thread got to do with Daniel 9?

Simple enough question for you to answer. However, in one of the posts that I read you were suggesting that Daniel 9:25 has to do with the time period around 1920 AD.

That is not what many peoples understand.

You are welcome to present what you believe your "god" enlightened you with, with respect to what you have presented in this thread, but please do not expect me to endorse your understanding and agree with it.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did He say that?

You are a Premillennialist, right? Have you never read Revelation 20:7-9? How can you say that He will establish "everlasting righteousness" on earth when He returns in light of what is described in Revelation 20:7-9, which you believe happens 1,000+ years after He returns? Doesn't seem like "everlasting righteousness" to me when you have a description of a number of people "as the sand of the sea" coming against the saints.

What you don't understand is that bringing in everlasting righteousness has to do with Jesus dying on the cross for our sins and being raised from the dead so that people would have the opportunity to have eternal life. That is what bringing in everlasting righteousness is about. Jesus accomplished everything listed in Daniel 9:24 long ago. You probably think that making an end of sins will be fulfilled when He returns, but, again, how does that make sense in light of Revelation 20:7-9? It's not talking about the literal end of sin, it's talking about how Jesus took away the sins of the world by way of His sacrifice long ago.
How can you say that it was finished 1993 years ago, with all the wickedness of the last 1993 years?

Perhaps being self righteous is not that different from your alleged "narcissistic" posters?

You all even have Satan on a long chain, constantly destroying people's lives.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's correct, the poster doesn't believe in a future literal, visible, second coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens, far away from the scriptures is a big understatement

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not reveal anything to you Mr Albright.
He revealed through Gabriel when Jesus the Messiah, the anointed one, would appear to put away sin, iniquity and transgression through the shedding of his own blood. As a consequence we are now bathed in his everlasting righteous and the holy of holies is now open and anointed to those who believe. Therefore Approach this throne of his amazing grace with confidence and thanksgiving. It is finished.
You view of Dan 9 contradicts Dan 9 and Dan 8.
When the angel Gabriel told Daniel in Dan 9:22: “I have now come forth to give you insight with understanding”, he was telling him that he had come to give him understanding of the vision that he had seen previously and recorded in Dan 8, that according to Dan 8:27 astounded him and he wanted to understand it, but there was no one to explain it to him.
Dan. 8:27 Then I, Daniel, was exhausted and sick for days. Then I got up again and carried on the king’s business; but I was astounded at the vision, and there was none to explain it.

When Dan 8:19 states: And he said, "Behold, I am going to let you know what will occur at the final period of the indignation, for it pertains to the appointed time of the end, it is telling us that the vision in Dan 8 pertains to the end of the end times and this means that when Gabriel told Daniel in the vision in Dan 9 that he had come to give him understanding, he was telling him that he had come to give him understanding of the end times.

In Dan 9:24, Gabriel told Daniel that the vision he had seen in Dan 8 and the events he was about to share with him, pertain to the decree to put an end to sin, bring in everlasting righteousness and seal up prophecy in Jerusalem, which we know is completed when Jesus begins reigning from Jerusalem for a 1000 years. Dan. 9:24-26 tells us this time period is labeled 70 weeks and that it is divided into a 7 week period of time, a 62 week period of time and a 1 week period of time.
Dan. 9:24 “Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy place. 25 “So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress. 26 “Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it has to do with you walking away from hard sayings (about Dan 9).
You view of Dan 9 contradicts Dan 9 and Dan 8.