The Gaithers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have been looking for a song that I think is theirs, but I haven't been able to locate it.

Its chorus is
"Be the kind of person that you want to be around (and around and around and 'round...)"

Does anyone have a link?
My wife went to a Gaither concert when they were in the area.

Not sure about the link you were looking for...

r1xlx

Feb 26, 2020
HESSLE
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The people in the church I went to as a child loved this song. So do I.

I love Gaithers and similar gospel singing praise music.
I gave up with last three churches over their music!
First Methodists chose unknown hymns with words really hard to fit to the unknown music and we all fell silent instead of singing happily.
Second Pentecostal had loud happy clappy songs that gave me headache.
Third Methodist had happy popsongs written by minister who was former popsinger.
Songs or hymns have to make us think about GOD and Jesus and not rock concerts!

Last edited:
Reactions: Stan B

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@Angelina, So do you go to concerts much?

What kind of concerts? I like live plays. The only real concert I have been to is "Barnstorming" I think @Josho would know what that is...and that was my first and last concert ever. My friend took me as she had been to many.

I got into a fight with this very large, solid, muscle packed, drunk man because he was giving some young ladies a hard time in front of us. I can not tolerate that kinda carry on....any way he was thrown out. o_O:)

PS my friend will not take me to another concert ever. She was so terrified.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What kind of concerts? I like live plays. The only real concert I have been to is "Barnstorming" I think @Josho would know what that is...and that was my first and last concert ever. My friend took me as she had been to many.

I got into a fight with this very large, solid, muscle packed, drunk man because he was giving some young ladies a hard time in front of us. I can not tolerate that kinda carry on....any way he was thrown out. o_O:)

PS my friend will not take me to another concert ever. She was so terrified.

What? storming through the barndoors? He he he :D

Nope after looking it up still don't got any idea what that kind of concert is.

I have only really been to few concerts, Steve Grace, Alan Jackson and Keith Urban, are the most recent ones I have been too.

Also went to Dolly Parton/Kenny Rogers concert when I was a little kid, we also went to see Terry MacAlmon I think it was, I remember I did fall asleep at that one though, Robyn Green another one I saw when I was a little kid.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This song seems good for the times.

Many of you may already know the story behind the writing of this hymn. Here it is for those who may not have heard it yet.

Guy Penrod's music is pretty good. :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What? storming through the barndoors? He he he :D

Nope after looking it up still don't got any idea what that kind of concert is.

I have only really been to few concerts, Steve Grace, Alan Jackson and Keith Urban, are the most recent ones I have been too.

Also went to Dolly Parton/Kenny Rogers concert when I was a little kid, we also went to see Terry MacAlmon I think it was, I remember I did fall asleep at that one though, Robyn Green another one I saw when I was a little kid.

You may be too young to know Jimmy Barnes? originally from Cold Chisel? [corrected]

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well I went to one of his concerts called "Barnstorming" It was the first and last concert I have ever been too and I didn't like it much. Too many people, too close together

Hmm when ever you see any big names in music in a concert it's like that, I'm not a fan of the crowds either.

Last edited: