The Gaithers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Never heard it sung like that b4. All the oldies in the Bapto [Baptist church]
make it sound like a hymn. I am referring to "I am Pressing on the Upward Way"... Stunning voice ~ Just stunning!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I love Guy Penrod's songs...♥︎ ... also his hair and beard.
Dave tries to grow beards but I wont let him get far with it unless he sculptures it...which he usually messes up, and then shaves it all off again. lol

Gaither's are my very favourites.. and lift my up spirit. :)

Reactions: Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It draws me firstly, apart from the lyrics and her strong beautiful voice, it is not a performance and there is no paint and dye....whew, what a breath of fresh air that is!
I really liked what she said after the song too. Thanks again.

Reactions: Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
What kind of concerts? I like live plays. The only real concert I have been to is "Barnstorming" I think @Josho would know what that is...and that was my first and last concert ever. My friend took me as she had been to many.

I got into a fight with this very large, solid, muscle packed, drunk man because he was giving some young ladies a hard time in front of us. I can not tolerate that kinda carry on....any way he was thrown out. o_O:)

PS my friend will not take me to another concert ever. She was so terrified.
@Angelina Far removed from 'worship...in spirit and in truth', right?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This song saved my life and my soul.....I had been away from God for 2 years (the church kicked me out based on rumors and lies) and I got into studying astrology, karma, psychic readings etc....and my soul was being sucked away from me...demons tormented me nearly every night...one day I called a cousin who was a youth pastor and said I need help and prayers, she met me at the church on a Thursday afternoon...we went into the sanctuary and knelt at the alter. She prayed but I couldn't even open my mouth...she played the piano, sang songs, played tapes and cd's ....4 hours later...(seemed like only 30 minutes) she played this song....and a tear ran down my cheek, then another, and another and then they began to flow like a river and I cried out Jesus! Save Me! I hadn't spoke His name in over a year and a half.....I will always and forever be humbly grateful for this song.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been looking for a song that I think is theirs, but I haven't been able to locate it.

Its chorus is
"Be the kind of person that you want to be around (and around and around and 'round...)"

Does anyone have a link?
I have been looking...I can't find it anywhere.

Reactions: Sabertooth

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This song saved my life and my soul.....I had been away from God for 2 years (the church kicked me out based on rumors and lies) and I got into studying astrology, karma, psychic readings etc....and my soul was being sucked away from me...demons tormented me nearly every night...one day I called a cousin who was a youth pastor and said I need help and prayers, she met me at the church on a Thursday afternoon...we went into the sanctuary and knelt at the alter. She prayed but I couldn't even open my mouth...she played the piano, sang songs, played tapes and cd's ....4 hours later...(seemed like only 30 minutes) she played this song....and a tear ran down my cheek, then another, and another and then they began to flow like a river and I cried out Jesus! Save Me! I hadn't spoke His name in over a year and a half.....I will always and forever be humbly grateful for this song.

WHAT a GLORIOUS testimony this is... and what a WONDERFUL GOD we serve. You have touched this little lamb's heart.